Posted in the Denver Forum

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2013

“I'd rather be fishing”

Since: Aug 07

Colorado

#1 Sep 27, 2007
Interesting article..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298316,00...

How much longer until someone tries to clone a mammoth?
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#2 Mar 16, 2013
In 1968, a fourteen-year-old boy at high school in Trinidad was called a cunumunu by classmates for talking about "deoxyribonucleic acid." Coonoomoonoo is a Trinidad word, possibly of Native American origin, meaning a weirdo. I was also called a mouk, a Trinidadian word of West African origin meaning crazy.

Today the issues raised by the nerdy mouk are routinely used in crime labs to test culpability and free the innocent. Someday the genetic engineering I used to predict as a teenager will be used to eradicate inherited diseases.

“Built like a ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

North Korean missile!.

#3 Apr 10, 2013
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
In 1968, a fourteen-year-old boy at high school in Trinidad was called a cunumunu by classmates for talking about "deoxyribonucleic acid." Coonoomoonoo is a Trinidad word, possibly of Native American origin, meaning a weirdo. I was also called a mouk, a Trinidadian word of West African origin meaning crazy.
Today the issues raised by the nerdy mouk are routinely used in crime labs to test culpability and free the innocent. Someday the genetic engineering I used to predict as a teenager will be used to eradicate inherited diseases.
Smelly mouk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr KarlVIIIII 12,414
last post wins! (Feb '11) 3 hr mr goodwrench 24,647
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 12 hr Kawalski 1,302
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 hr lides 3,010
Relocating advice Fri Jjdenver3 10
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) Aug 28 curious 37
annette marion tortures w/cpms yvette handfield... Aug 28 ANNETTE MARION KI... 1
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info