Pit bull owners angry after addresses published

Full story: Rocky Mountain News

Commerce City paper's editor cites fear of dog attacks A newspaper editor in Commerce City has put her own spin on the old axiom of "publish or perish." The specter of a fatal pit bull mauling prompted Kathy ...
Comments
461 - 469 of 469 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2012
First Prev
of 24
Next Last
Stephanie

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

http://www.change.org/petitions/commerce-city...

I live 3 blocks from where Chloe, the pit bull, was shot and killed by a Commerce City police officer. Not only am I outraged that this officer shot an innocent dog, but he had to shoot 5 bullets into a neighborhood with kids at large. Who does he think he is?

I have created a petition to get this officer off the police force. If he is so quick to shoot an innocent animal, he is likely to go off on a human. I am SICK and TIRED of watching Commerce City Police use their "power," instead of using common sense. Please, PLEASE, sign my petition!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Stephanie wrote:
http://www.change.org/petition s/commerce-city-co-police-depa rtment-fire-officer-who-killed -innocent-dog?utm_campaign=fri end_inviter_modal&utm_medi um=facebook&utm_source=sha re_petition&utm_term=20935 212
I live 3 blocks from where Chloe, the pit bull, was shot and killed by a Commerce City police officer. Not only am I outraged that this officer shot an innocent dog, but he had to shoot 5 bullets into a neighborhood with kids at large. Who does he think he is?
I have created a petition to get this officer off the police force. If he is so quick to shoot an innocent animal, he is likely to go off on a human. I am SICK and TIRED of watching Commerce City Police use their "power," instead of using common sense. Please, PLEASE, sign my petition!
Hey!!! Was this dog in it's own backyard SECURED pen or outside loose running at large as a menace to the neighborhood? A Pit has an inbred propensity to attack for no reason so if the owner didn't have control of said wild animal,and the officer didn't have the means to subdue it before it had a chance to be a menace to the neighborhood, then neutralizing the threat was the right choice. If you have a pit, you HAVE to have it under absolete control 24/7/365!!!
Dog parent

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Stephanie wrote:
http://www.change.org/petition s/commerce-city-co-police-depa rtment-fire-officer-who-killed -innocent-dog?utm_campaign=fri end_inviter_modal&utm_medi um=facebook&utm_source=sha re_petition&utm_term=20935 212
Chloe was executed by that horrible cop. Oh my God! That cop who executed Chloe has ice running through his veins! That cop is definitely working in the wrong field; the city needs to fire that evil man!

www.dogmurderers.com
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dog parent wrote:
<quoted text>Chloe was executed by that horrible cop. Oh my God! That cop who executed Chloe has ice running through his veins! That cop is definitely working in the wrong field; the city needs to fire that evil man!
www.dogmurderers.com
Nice doggie,nice doggie,come on now,spit that child's arm out now. Yeah right. A pit owner that lets their dog run free is the one that has the ice in their veins for putting their animal out to menace the neighborhood with their presence and making neighbors and officers take action against their ignornace and lack of common sense.Put the blame where the blame lies!
Dog rescurer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

A cop blazing away with five shots at a dog restrained on a catch pole with concrete all around is a serious danger to people, not just animals. That cop posed a serious threat to life and limb, particularly to the animal control officer who was standing very closeby when that officer wrongfully fired his weapon. Clearly, that police officer who shot Chloe is incompetent with a firearm, and a very serious danger to the community. Unfortunately, he is still on active duty, too.

Bullets are more likely to ricochet off flat, hard surfaces such as concrete, which was everywhere where the cop was shooting. Then go frantically, wildly shooting while the poor, scared dog was attached to a catch pole with bullets zooming off a cement driveway no less. The possiblity of a ricochet is one of the reasons for the common firearms safety rule. That emotionally unstable cop should be fired, period.
Dog rescuer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Dog "rescuer"
Arthur

Princeton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

You are the one with "inbred propensity", Thomas. As to the dog's breed, Chloe wasn't eben a pit bull.
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Hey!!! Was this dog in it's own backyard SECURED pen or outside loose running at large as a menace to the neighborhood? A Pit has an inbred propensity to attack for no reason so if the owner didn't have control of said wild animal,and the officer didn't have the means to subdue it before it had a chance to be a menace to the neighborhood, then neutralizing the threat was the right choice. If you have a pit, you HAVE to have it under absolete control 24/7/365!!!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Arthur wrote:
You are the one with "inbred propensity", Thomas. As to the dog's breed, Chloe wasn't eben a pit bull.
<quoted text>
If the officers had it on a catch pole,then it was obviously running loose and out of it's pen and a menace to the neighborhood.If a strange big dog comes in my yard and acts one bit agressive, it's history! A person owning a dog has a responsibility to control that animal 24/7/365 with no if,ands or buts or any other flimsy excuses why it got away. Waiting to see if the dog may or may not bite is no option.
Law

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> A Pit has an inbred propensity to attack for no reason so ...!!!
I usually agree with you elsewhere on Topix but you're incredibly wrong about this.
Breeding,training, and maintenance have EVERYTHING to do. My next door neighbor breeds and raises Pits. He has 4 adults of his own and they are no more ill-temoered than breeds you would brag about being safer around people and children.
He's been at it for 22 years. I'd love to hear you try to convinve him otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 24
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,567
The horrible murder of Brandy Duvall. (Aug '11) 12 hr Another bitch 39
Gina Kurfis (Oct '13) 13 hr Another bitch 4
The Entertainment Industry is Bringing Decadenc... 14 hr Commander Bunny 4
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 16 hr _satan_64 2,784
Judge strikes down gay marriage ban, stays ruling 20 hr LRDII 3
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) 22 hr kevin winters 141
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••