Pit bull owners angry after addresses published

Full story: Rocky Mountain News

Commerce City paper's editor cites fear of dog attacks A newspaper editor in Commerce City has put her own spin on the old axiom of "publish or perish." The specter of a fatal pit bull mauling prompted Kathy ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of469
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dave hughes

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2006

Judged:

i wish to comment on your pitbull article , while you may have thought you were doing the right thing you have placed loved family pets in harms way , who's to say some nutcase wont start throwing poison baits in these yards thinking that the community would be better off without these dogs , people who register thier dogs and do the right thing should not be harrased and made to feel like they are criminals because of the breed of dog they have when they have complied with all laws and regulations
in very poor taste and sensational journalism at its worst
d hughes
western australia
Omel Turk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2006

Judged:

dave hughes wrote:
i wish to comment on your pitbull article , while you may have thought you were doing the right thing you have placed loved family pets in harms way , who's to say some nutcase wont start throwing poison baits in these yards thinking that the community would be better off without these dogs , people who register thier dogs and do the right thing should not be harrased and made to feel like they are criminals because of the breed of dog they have when they have complied with all laws and regulations
in very poor taste and sensational journalism at its worst
d hughes
western australia
D. Hughes of W. Australia makes good points! Kathy McIntyre of the Commerce Gateway newspaper should review: All animals may bite people. Responsible owners prevent this. The pitbull owners were responsible in complying with the law, even though it discriminates against them unfairly. Then, McIntyre further persecuted them.
O Turk
Rocklin California
C Sailer

Chula Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2006

Judged:

Perhaps it is time someone posted Kathy's address so one can "thank" her personally for being so ignorant. Maybe it is time that all discriminatory bigots had their addresses printed so that we can avoid them at all costs, less they poison anyone else's mind.

C. Sailer
Oceanside, CA
L Baldwin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2006

Judged:

If Ms. McIntyre's actions in printing these addresses are not illegal ... they should be. At the very least, her behavior in this case is certainly unethical, and highly inappropriate. How is it a solution for ANYONE for her to have printed these innocent people's home addresses in the newspaper?

For her to say that the residents she has abused "lost their privacy when they registered their pit bulls," is completely absurd. Ah yes, far better that these owners NOT register their beloved pets, and NOT follow local laws about the dogs' housing, microchipping, etc. I certainly hope that these wronged individuals and their beloved pets do not end up paying the price for Ms. McIntyre's reactionary, and small-minded behavior.
A Nonymous

Chula Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2006

Judged:

Since she wanted to post people's addresses, here is her info:

Kathy McIntyre
Commerce City Gateway
PO Box 88
Commerce City, CO 80037
(720) 221-7352
(720) 221-7352
kathy@coloradobusinessalliance .com
Natalie H

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2006

Judged:

Disgusting and Despicable, Kathy is the epitamy of the bad press. Scum of the earth, below slime.... I sent her a letter!!
Davis Robinson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2006

Judged:

First of all, I understand that the editor is concerned about her community, and the safety of the people that live there. As such her intentions were good, but that does not mean this was the best way to handle this situation. Those people owning pitbulls have now been made targets, and whether that is "legal" is not the question, rather was this unnessary, if not inflammatory. These folks complied with the new city ordinance, and that should have been enough. The Center for Disease Control states that breed specific bans do not work. Instead of making new laws that target unfarily a small group, leash laws and dangerous dog laws should be enforced and strengthened. The lady in France who received the face transplant was attacked by her own dog, a Labrador Retriever. Check out the behavior testing for Pitbulls, they score only slightly lower than Golden Retrievers. IT's not the breed, but the people raising the dog that are to blame for the most part. In fact the more rhetoric and inflammatory news grabbing that goes on regarding the breed, the more the wrong kind of people are encouraged to get a pitbull. What a shame.
Maureen

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2006

Totally agreed that this senseless (or like d.h. said, sensational) persecution of unfairly targeted citizens should be illegal. Maybe Ms. McIntyre just wanted to boost circulation.
Maureen

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2006

Look what I found waiting...

http://www.dogpolitics.com
jacob

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2006

Judged:

we are very up set with commerce city gateway for letting kathy mclntyre print our address is she going to take our dogs to the vet. and pay when someone hurts them that is so very wrong
christine

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2006

i Have a pitbull and want to know the california laws on the dogs now can anyone help?
cheryl borges

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2006

Judged:

Omel Turk wrote:
<quoted text>
D. Hughes of W. Australia makes good points! Kathy McIntyre of the Commerce Gateway newspaper should review: All animals may bite people. Responsible owners prevent this. The pitbull owners were responsible in complying with the law, even though it discriminates against them unfairly. Then, McIntyre further persecuted them.
O Turk
Rocklin California
I was recently attacked or call it "abruptly approached" by a pit bull masstiff mix at my apartment complex and TWICE by the same dog, due to it never being on a leash. I was walking my small dog on her leash (remember, the CA. leash law?) and the owner sat there and laughed as her 100 pounder of a dog, leaped at both me and my small LEASHED dog. Her dog was not licensed or registered with the county and seems to believe that since we reside in an apartment complex, and the manager also believed this untrue factor, that this is private property therefore, NO dogs have to be restrained or led by a leash. I am the one who is moving, gladly by the way, but how can these types of owners keep going on with this behavior and managers as well, managing a huge property complex such as I reside? Not fair to ME, not fair to anyone else who will have to endure such behavior, not to mention the scare it gave me and my dog.
Shane

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2006

Judged:

Point of the last comment is the fact that it was the SAME dog that attacked her...there are going to be bad particular dogs in each breed. This dog was apparently not raised correctly, and that is just as much the owners fault. There is no way that an entire breed of pitbulls should be discriminated against for the acts of a few particular poorly raised pitbulls. These dogs are wonderful.
Large Filipino

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2006

The dog Petey from The Little Rascals was a Pit Bull. In fact,there were 4 Petey's in all. They played with kids.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pete....
I_Care

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2006

Judged:

Shame on all of you. If your dog bites someone it is your responsability. You should be locked away not the dog. Dog's bite. HOwever that does not excuse allowing the dog to maim or kill others. No Kathy should have never published those addresses, however if the person who was attacked had actually been bitten, she would have known where the dog was to avoid it in the first place. I've had a neighbor bring their pitbull terrior to my yard to make it fight with my dog. Should this be allowed? Responsible pet owners unite, but unite against those irresonsible pet owners (not just pitbulls) who don't take proper care of their animals. I called the animal control and the animal was removed from this young mans care. Not put to sleep, but placed in a new home where it would be treated and cared for and trained properly.
We have a right to be safe more than you have a right to keep a vicious animal. If your animal is not vicious then God bless you! Otherwise shame! I wouldn't want it to be my child you have to apologize for your dog attacking! Keeping a dog on a leash IS obeying the law by the way! We don't live in California we live in Colorado. Don't like it here go live in California with your pitbull! Why are pitbull attacks on the rise, someone isn't commenting on that! There must be a reason for this! And let's not forget before you jump all over my case, I HAVE A DOG!
Intolerant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2006

Judged:

Only a fool would defend the pit-bull bread. A pit-bull that harms a human needs to be destroyed. All the states need to ban the pit-bulls. Get your heads out of your ass and wake up to reality. Pit-bulls are stupid and were bread to kill. If you feel that you need a pet that scares people and comes off loving to you get a German Shepard. At least the German Shepard will not turn against owners, is very intelligent and doesn't destroy it's packs family members and even thinks before harming an intruder.
Pit-bull=Murderer. Pit-bull=Con-Artist. Pit-bull Owners=Dumbasses
Lots of facts and evidence that pit-bulls are not a friendly-loyal dog.
Why do pit-bull owners blame other pit-bull owners instead of the pit-bull? Because pit-bull owners are dumber than the pit-bull dog.
Irv

Bulimba, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2006

Judged:

Someone that can not spell breed should not dictate what breeds are unsuitable. A dog is a dog no matter what. If it has teeth it may bight. They are very impressionable. In the case of the pit bull they do what they are taught to do. In the past they were bred to fight so they fought and fought well. Now-a-days they are companion, family pets and they are damn good at that. I tend to think you are, A. young and had to ask mommy and daddy permission to be online or B. a simple minded person that should be supervised when wiping your own butt.
steve

Unionville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2006

Its hard and unjustified for anyone to speak out on the pitbull bread if they have never trully owned a pitbull. Anyone that has owned a pit and hasn't beaten it sensless with sticks and not feed it would be able to address questions or comments about the breed in a positive manor. I used to own a German Shepard until it attacked me in my sleep, causing me to obtain 30 stitches, endure physical therapy for months. So don't hate the breed unless you really know the breed cause once you know the breed it won't cross your mind twice about whether or not a pitbull will harm anybody.........

All animals are alike its how you raise them... So yeah the people who treat them like shit and don't feed them will obviously produce a dog that isn't socialized.... which applies to all dog breeds.

Buy a pitbull it will change your life
John

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2006

steve wrote:
Its hard and unjustified for anyone to speak out on the pitbull bread if they have never trully owned a pitbull. Anyone that has owned a pit and hasn't beaten it sensless with sticks and not feed it would be able to address questions or comments about the breed in a positive manor. I used to own a German Shepard until it attacked me in my sleep, causing me to obtain 30 stitches, endure physical therapy for months. So don't hate the breed unless you really know the breed cause once you know the breed it won't cross your mind twice about whether or not a pitbull will harm anybody.........
All animals are alike its how you raise them... So yeah the people who treat them like shit and don't feed them will obviously produce a dog that isn't socialized.... which applies to all dog breeds.
Buy a pitbull it will change your life
"Its hard and unjustified for anyone to speak out on the pitbull bread if they have never trully owned a pitbull."
This is the sort of mindless logic that plagues society and justifies pretty much anything you want to justify. Ridiculous.

I believe one can safely generalize (ie - isn't universal)that different breeds respond differently to situations. Pit bulls fight differently than golden retrievers - and that is where the danger is. They are stronger than most breeds and when they fight, they don't stop.

Moreover, all breeds of dogs are treated poorly. But you never hear about retrievers or pugs maiming someone or killing a child. So either it is the breed, or it is the type of person that buys a pitbull.

I think its a combination of the two - both the pitbull and the type of person that owns a pitbull (and uses mindless logic to justify it).
ANDREA -ENGLEWOOD

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2006

Judged:

I was 5 years old when I was walking down the street to school and a GERMANSHEPARD jumped out bit my shoulder and continued to the rest of my arm until I was rescued by two men...45 STITCHES LATER I dont discriminate against any breed of dog and still think some german shepards are good. I did adopt one, but again the dog showed aggression and I wasnt taking a chance of getting bitten again. So now I AM A PROUD OWNER OF THE WONDERFUL LOVING CARING COMPASSIONATE FOUR YEAR OLD DOG DYLAN -PIT BULL. OH AND SHE HAS NEVER SHOWED SIGNS OF AGGRESSION, OH AND MY 11MONTH OLD PLAYS WITH HER ALL THE TIME (GRANTED I AM ALWAYS AROUND AS I WOULD BE WITH ANY DOG!!!) I AM NOT A FOOL NOR DO I HAVE MY HEAD IN MY BUTT. SO I JUST BLEW YOUR GERMAN FACTS OUT THE DOOR...
Intolerant wrote:
Only a fool would defend the pit-bull bread. A pit-bull that harms a human needs to be destroyed. All the states need to ban the pit-bulls. Get your heads out of your ass and wake up to reality. Pit-bulls are stupid and were bread to kill. If you feel that you need a pet that scares people and comes off loving to you get a German Shepard. At least the German Shepard will not turn against owners, is very intelligent and doesn't destroy it's packs family members and even thinks before harming an intruder.
Pit-bull=Murderer. Pit-bull=Con-Artist. Pit-bull Owners=Dumbasses
Lots of facts and evidence that pit-bulls are not a friendly-loyal dog.
Why do pit-bull owners blame other pit-bull owners instead of the pit-bull? Because pit-bull owners are dumber than the pit-bull dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of469
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Fundies R Mentally Eel 1,377
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 5 hr Respect71 1,180
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 6 hr Respect71 11,296
So what's the story with Richard Kirk the pot p... 16 hr Alex 1
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) 22 hr paula baby 30
Review: American Exteriors Mfg Inc (Mar '10) Apr 12 Sioux Falls SD 33
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Commander Bunny 118
•••
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Denver People Search