According to the Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, the following statistics have been recorded concerning the characteristics of offenders who violate and assault children.
* Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.
* White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates.
* About one in every seven Hispanic convicts had been convicted for a crime against a child.
* Nearly two-thirds of convicted child molesters and/or offenders were or had been married.
* Child molesters and offenders were more likely to have grown up in a two parent home and were more likely to have been molested as a child.
* Approximately 22% of child offenders reported having been sexually abused as a child.
This white boy raped and burned his ten year old step-daughter. His name is Chris Newbury, and he is from Wichita, KS. He was caught in 2009
a father who raped his daughters and made them bear his children, and killed his children who were also his grandchildren. 47-year-old Daniel Rinehart faces charges of murder, statutory rape and incest, after admitting to investigators that he is the father of at least two of his daughter's four children. The bodies of two of the children were found earlier this month in coolers on the property. Investigators say one of the other daughters tipped them off about the alleged incest.
Jonathan Goodrum, a 19 year-old man who has pleaded guilty of raping his 1-day-old daughter.
1-day-old and still in the hospital, after a routine examination, vaginal tears were found on the infant. Police are only saying the tears were made with an “unknown object”. He may only serve 11 months in jail, and while he won't be able to have access to his infant daughter.
WHAS11) The father of two missing children has been charged tonight in mobile Alabama with abuse of a corpse and child abuse.
John Deblase was on the run after the children’s step-mother told Louisville police she believed he killed his children. Police are still searching for the missing 5 and 3-year-old.
Police arrested the father, John Deblase, Thursday night in Florida after his friend turned him in.
Police said they believe the two children are dead, based on the information Deblase gave them Friday during questioning. Investigators said the children’s bodies are buried within 100 miles of Mobile, Alabama.