School secretary arrested for duct-ta...

School secretary arrested for duct-taped child allegations

There are 126 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Oct 26, 2009, titled School secretary arrested for duct-taped child allegations. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Denver Police have arrested a Palmer Elementary School secretary for allegedly duct-taping the mouth and hands of a 6-year-old student last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nakiyah Childs

Dillon, SC

#1 Oct 26, 2009
I love the weather and so do my family
Tiut

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Oct 26, 2009
Kid was probably biting, spitting, kicking, scratching, building bombs, and planning a columbine attack. Good for the secretary.
karl42

United States

#3 Oct 26, 2009
Now the principle needs to be arrested for attempting to cover up the incident.

This mother needs to sue the school district for employing this over paid paper shuffler.
neal

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Oct 26, 2009
Tiut wrote:
Kid was probably biting, spitting, kicking, scratching, building bombs, and planning a columbine attack. Good for the secretary.
I flagged your post, because this was in inconsiderate for you to even think this! How dare you think this kid would do this, you need to post an apologize ASAP even to the kids mother! What are you some kind of freak or low life that you think this kind of post would be accpected and apporperate? Heck no! You are all that and more, unreal!
neal

Fort Collins, CO

#6 Oct 26, 2009
karl42 wrote:
Now the principle needs to be arrested for attempting to cover up the incident.
This mother needs to sue the school district for employing this over paid paper shuffler.
WOW another idiot, did you not read the story right? Or are you this stupid?
My words, the story just said the principle had no idea about this! And she also order that sub to remove the tape from the boy! Now that isn;'t a cover up, gosh you gotta be not smart at all. Will I doubt it if that would happen this was a bad hire from the principle and action already has been taken.
angelique Stefanski

Denver, CO

#7 Oct 26, 2009
that was really wrong what that teacher did to her student you should be in jail for a long time for what she did to that young kid i hope the boy is doing good now i feel sorry for him why would she do something like that she should not be aloud to be a teacher anymore she needs to be fired from her job she should not work with kids anymore are she might do something really bad to the kids if she had her job back
marktwain1970

Denver, CO

#8 Oct 26, 2009
Throw the book at her. She does not belong working for any school or be around children.
Scott in Fort Collins

Johnstown, CO

#10 Oct 26, 2009
This is the treatment a school employee gets for handling an out of control child? Mom is just POed cause she couldn't figure out how to control him. Now the cops are filing CHARGES???

GIVE ME A BREAK!
Curt G

Johnstown, CO

#11 Oct 26, 2009
Arrested! She should probably be applauded. A little discipline is probably what the kid needed. Someone needs to get these kids under control. While in the care of the School, the School should be able to do something. Corporal punishment needs to return to the Schools, it's obvious that the parents aren't taking care of business.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#12 Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, Scott is right. How about the person claiming the title of mother get charged with neglect, for neglecting to teach manners and responsibility to her little terrorist, the kid get a belt across his little a** a dozen times, and Jennifer, the teacher get a letter of appreciation for trying to do what mom apparently failed so miserably at.
she is a nutt

Grand Junction, CO

#13 Oct 26, 2009
she is crazy, and needs to be jailed, and fired! I know school personell are not being paid well, but dont take it out on the children.
Accountability

United States

#14 Oct 26, 2009
I have never responded to a story before, but the whole incident of the secretary taping up a misbehaving boy has become so out of hand that I just had to speak up. So, where is the accountability for this boy's actions in all of the hoopla surrounding this story? I am completely sickened by the lack of accountability. The lack of accountability has become the norm for our nation down to the smallest degree. The boy was misbehaving in class and continued to misbehave in the principal's office.If I had been sent to the principal's office for misbehaving when I was ONLY 6 years old and the secretary chose to tape my hands and mouth, my parents would have assumed I deserved it and the principal would have been given an apology and then I would have been spanked when I got home. Does the general population not get the diffence between discipline and abuse? From what I see, the boy has not been scarred and is happy as can be with all of the attention. Guess what? The mother, the media and all the other super liberal people out there have just given that boy permission to continue doing exactly what he is doing - misbehaving and disrupting the classroom for the other children and it is ok. No worries....no accountability! It's ok, continue misbehaving because there will be no consequences for your actions....not until you are considered an adult and have been charged in a court of law for the crime you are likely to commit in the future.You show'em mom!
Millz

Westport, CT

#15 Oct 26, 2009
Ok for all the people that are on here to try and say this person is not a good mother how dare you i dont think you people are the worlds best parents some kids are very over active im sure a few of you should have been tied up when you were kids but you wasnet. also did you think that the kid has a very very bad breathing problem and its not to smart to tape a kids mouth up. also do you know what the mother and son have been though in the past few years umm no. so before you start pointing fingers and running your mouth take a long look at yourself the kids in your life and do me a big favor STFU
Politically Incorrect

United States

#16 Oct 26, 2009
she is a nutt wrote:
she is crazy, and needs to be jailed, and fired! I know school personell are not being paid well, but dont take it out on the children.
Another glittering jewel of colossal ignorance!
Accountability

United States

#17 Oct 26, 2009
neal wrote:
<quoted text>
I flagged your post, because this was in inconsiderate for you to even think this! How dare you think this kid would do this, you need to post an apologize ASAP even to the kids mother! What are you some kind of freak or low life that you think this kind of post would be accpected and apporperate? Heck no! You are all that and more, unreal!
Neal, I did not see a any profanity in Tiut's response. I just saw a frustrated person expressing their FREEDOM OF SPEECH. If I were a low life, I would probably call you the idiot, but that's just not my style. I see you are completely ignoring and turning a blind eye to the fact that the boy WAS misbehaving. But go ahead, continue on the path of teaching young children that they can do whatever they want....that there is no accountability for thier actions and that there are no consequences for those actions. Just remember, these kids will be running our country some day and I sure hope I am not around to see the outcome.
Curt G

Johnstown, CO

#18 Oct 26, 2009
Accountability, you are dead on. Millz, she is a nutt, marktwain1970, angelique Stefanski, and neal, you people are the reason this country is going down the tube, you obviously don't know right from wrong. Encouraging this kind of behavior on young peoples behalf will come to no good in the future. I agree that the apology should come from the Mother to the school, Principle, and especially to the Secretary!
Accountability

United States

#19 Oct 26, 2009
For those of you that think that Jennifer Carter should be in jail for simply taping up the hands and mouth of a misbehaving child, what kind of punishment should someone then get for having drugs? Life in prison? Have none of you watched Animal Planet? Even mother bears and lions will give thier cubs a slap or cuff every now and then to teach them right from wrong. She does it out of concern for them and to teach them how to survive while respecting the pecking order. A lot of parents could take a lesson from them. And by the way Millz, my children are young adults that have love and respect for their parents as well as for other people in general. Guess what helped them along that path? Consistent love and discipline....discipline that taught them boundaries and right from wrong and to treat others as they would want to be treated, discipline that taught them not to disrupt an entire classroom in order to receive the negative attention. You know, kids that are seeking love and approval from their parents usually act out to get attention, even if it is negative attention. So what does that say about the boy's mom then? Just a thought.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#20 Oct 26, 2009
Millz wrote:
Ok for all the people that are on here to try and say this person is not a good mother how dare you i dont think you people are the worlds best parents some kids are very over active im sure a few of you should have been tied up when you were kids but you wasnet. also did you think that the kid has a very very bad breathing problem and its not to smart to tape a kids mouth up. also do you know what the mother and son have been though in the past few years umm no. so before you start pointing fingers and running your mouth take a long look at yourself the kids in your life and do me a big favor STFU
Millz, where the **** did you learn to write? Have you ever heard of punctuation? Please, only post when you can make a logical, rational, reasonable argument. I know that rule would exclude all liberal democrats but try anyways.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#21 Oct 26, 2009
Accountability wrote:
For those of you that think that Jennifer Carter should be in jail for simply taping up the hands and mouth of a misbehaving child, what kind of punishment should someone then get for having drugs? Life in prison? Have none of you watched Animal Planet? Even mother bears and lions will give thier cubs a slap or cuff every now and then to teach them right from wrong. She does it out of concern for them and to teach them how to survive while respecting the pecking order. A lot of parents could take a lesson from them. And by the way Millz, my children are young adults that have love and respect for their parents as well as for other people in general. Guess what helped them along that path? Consistent love and discipline....discipline that taught them boundaries and right from wrong and to treat others as they would want to be treated, discipline that taught them not to disrupt an entire classroom in order to receive the negative attention. You know, kids that are seeking love and approval from their parents usually act out to get attention, even if it is negative attention. So what does that say about the boy's mom then? Just a thought.
An excellent thought at that Accountability!
icewolf

Denver, CO

#22 Oct 26, 2009
As Arnold would say, she has been "Terminated". Hasta la vista, baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Respect71 24,098
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,646
Democrats created and own racist Confederate flag 9 hr Terressa 3
last post wins! (Feb '11) 9 hr -Prince- 26,043
Mexicans (Mar '14) 22 hr Les 76
Best Bud Prices Wed truth 2
Democrat party of KKK and BLM Wed President Lincoln 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages