Undocumented immigrants are going public to stop their deportations

Jun 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Westword

Imelda Valenzuela Gonzalez stands before the revolving door of the downtown Denver skyscraper that houses the federal immigration court.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="wads"

the Mexicans wouldnt be here if the damn lazy ass americans would get a job and stop living off the goverment..

you better remember who picked all those fruits and vegetables for your trifling ass..

[/QUOTE]

American Workers Continue to Pick up Jobs Left Vacant by Immigration Raids

A new report in USA Today finds that unemployed U.S. citizens continue to
fill up jobs left vacant by immigration raids, particularly at meatpacking
and poultry plants. The reports says that plants impacted by the raids were
back up and running at full capacity within months of the raids.
Vanderbilt University professor Carol Swain said the raids were beneficial
to the American workforce.

"Whenever there's an immigration raid, you find white, black and legal
immigrant labor lining up to do those jobs that Americans will supposedly
not do," Prof. Swain said in the USA Today article.

The USA Today report cites a study conducted by Steven Camarota at the
Center for Immigration Studies that found Americans holding the majority of
positions in fields that many claim are dominated by illegal aliens.

For more on this story, see USA Today.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/septem...

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

good article ^^
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegals can't own such. What happened to your white boss and the baby you deserted? You certainly can't repair your other lies. You live on topix as a Propagandist for your race. And yet now you want to deny. Yawn...Chief FOS is at it again! Look ,it's the braying Ass!
Put the pipe down carefully,pendaja.
All one needs is a truck with a sign on the side and a cell phone.
CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

deport everyone darker than a brown paper bag

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
All one needs is a truck with a sign on the side and a cell phone.
What ever. Sometimes all one needs is a .38.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Really!!! Defacto amnesty is just as bad. That's what we have now, and the house might tweak the Senate bill but seriously.... 50 million Hispanics and 20 million Asians changes everything that made this the U.S.A. Sorry. Not racism either, only they have no education of the civic's of this country. No intelligence, no idea what and how it came to be the Country it is. Today 19 Firefighters died in Prescott Arizona. Not one member of that team was Hispanic, and yet they were protecting all citizens of the U.S. What sacrifices if any have any Mex,Asian made for this Country.... Nothing....Our Founders would be shitting their pant's if they saw this crap.
take it easy,wont happen!
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegals can't own such. What happened to your white boss and the baby you deserted? You certainly can't repair your other lies. You live on topix as a Propagandist for your race. And yet now you want to deny. Yawn...Chief FOS is at it again! Look ,it's the braying Ass!
Put the pipe down carefully,pendaja.
they will say anything,you cant build a house,you cant pick strawberries,you need us,we were here first,dont break up my family,we have rights,but this one takes the cake,dreamers!!!they are like drug addicts,the drug america,lol
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I own an electrical/home repair business. I've been in the electrical business for over 16 years. I just expanded to home repairs. I can't repair a tee pee.
No one in their right mind would call you for any repairs, we'd rather pay our own citizens or legal residents for any needed work.
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
American Workers Continue to Pick up Jobs Left Vacant by Immigration Raids
A new report in USA Today finds that unemployed U.S. citizens continue to
fill up jobs left vacant by immigration raids, particularly at meatpacking
and poultry plants. The reports says that plants impacted by the raids were
back up and running at full capacity within months of the raids.
Vanderbilt University professor Carol Swain said the raids were beneficial
to the American workforce.
"Whenever there's an immigration raid, you find white, black and legal
immigrant labor lining up to do those jobs that Americans will supposedly
not do," Prof. Swain said in the USA Today article.
The USA Today report cites a study conducted by Steven Camarota at the
Center for Immigration Studies that found Americans holding the majority of
positions in fields that many claim are dominated by illegal aliens.
For more on this story, see USA Today.
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/septem...
thanks Cricket, very interesting!
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> thanks Cricket, very interesting!
Maybe it's fear finally coming home to roost in the employer's reality, but yes other than fast food, I've seen more whites and blacks in retail, like Ross, TJ MAXX, used to be entirely composed of illegals. Now hiring Americans, as have I seen at least the day shift at Walmart. Americans, be it there 60 years and older..... Gotta keep paying high taxes to keep Wall Street going ya know.!!!! But anyway, a few changes have been noticed. Oh yes Most Chick-Filet hire now because of e-verify. A 1% change in MC Donalds. One white too the rest of the employee's Hispanic.Macy's has hired Baltic and Russian immigrant's for years, but now I see Elderly Americans, black and white working there. Hospitals still hire Hispanics for cleaning and laundry, but I see few if any at Costco. So who knows.....
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's fear finally coming home to roost in the employer's reality, but yes other than fast food, I've seen more whites and blacks in retail, like Ross, TJ MAXX, used to be entirely composed of illegals. Now hiring Americans, as have I seen at least the day shift at Walmart. Americans, be it there 60 years and older..... Gotta keep paying high taxes to keep Wall Street going ya know.!!!! But anyway, a few changes have been noticed. Oh yes Most Chick-Filet hire now because of e-verify. A 1% change in MC Donalds. One white too the rest of the employee's Hispanic.Macy's has hired Baltic and Russian immigrant's for years, but now I see Elderly Americans, black and white working there. Hospitals still hire Hispanics for cleaning and laundry, but I see few if any at Costco. So who knows.....
Would be a big plus to all citizens if all states went for E-verify.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> they will say anything,you cant build a house,you cant pick strawberries,you need us,we were here first,dont break up my family,we have rights,but this one takes the cake,dreamers!!!they are like drug addicts,the drug america,lol
idiot who did all these jobs before You? You break up your own families, you know what could happen and do it anyways. You have rights in your own country, if you think your worth so much , why does your country of origin allow you to leave?

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> No one in their right mind would call you for any repairs, we'd rather pay our own citizens or legal residents for any needed work.
Obviously no one calls the tool, as he is posting 24/7.
:)

Besides, we like real houses with real electrical wire. Not mud huts with rolex.
Me thinks he is that idiot other poser as well. Nothing is beneath him, that we know. Do you think his sheet is brown? Stained and borrowed as well? Well they say borrowed, I say stolen.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Andysdad wrote:
<quoted text>idiot who did all these jobs before You? You break up your own families, you know what could happen and do it anyways. You have rights in your own country, if you think your worth so much , why does your country of origin allow you to leave?
they would tell 2lies at once if they could.they know their not wanted.here there anywhere,kind of sad,but I dont want them.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I can't understand why so much hate toward the undocumented, we hurt no one.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
I can't understand why so much hate toward the undocumented, we hurt no one.
They aren't undocumented they are illegal aliens!!! Hate? So objection to illegal immigration constitutes hate? WTF! They hurt no one? How about Americans losing their jobs to them? How about having their wages reduced? How about us having to cover billions of dollars in their social costs? How about the ID thefts that they use to work here? How about our overcrowded schools, jails and hospitals? How about tax evasion? Educate yourself before spouting nonsense!!

You people make me sick! You have no respect for our laws nor our citizens. Go home where you belong!!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text>they would tell 2lies at once if they could.they know their not wanted.here there anywhere,kind of sad,but I dont want them.
nice avoiding my questions because the answer hurts, we did these jobs before they did, they caused there family to be broken apart by there actions, not ours.
TKU99

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I am pragmatic about the whole thing but the biggest fix needed more than anything is a simple E-verify system being mandatory for all employers with severe penalties for businesses not following the law. And enforce them. Nothing else out there will be more effective at curbing illegal immigration, a fence is nice and all, but E-verify up and running is much more effective. Stronger anti-ID theft policing as well, and the whole identity creation/fraud market as well.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd actually support some kind of legalization process for current illegals if it happened after two years and at the two year mark the entire E-verify, border, and other enforcements provisions are strong and running (i.e. enforcement is set before legalization) instead of what we have now which is basically nothing. I do think we need to pass something soon even at the cost of current illegals getting something because it's only going to get a lot worse otherwise with nothing.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Andysdad wrote:
<quoted text>nice avoiding my questions because the answer hurts, we did these jobs before they did, they caused there family to be broken apart by there actions, not ours.
what im saying yes you are right,we did these jobs before them,and we will do them after they leave,oh I mean after they self deport,i said they lie.they make up stories,like this one.it ok buddy
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I think you'll find we contribute much more than we get. Many pay into the social security system and will never see a dime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr DMAN 12,068
Denver Zoning Against Tourism! (Oct '10) 7 hr Veronica 6
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 15 hr Kawalski 1,226
To Obama; Wanna burn one? 23 hr Riparian 4
Colorado's gay marriage fight echoes drama in 1975 Wed carey529 1
Obama 'The Bear' Lets Loose in Denver, Will Mee... Wed Commander Bunny 2
Denver h Wed Hook 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••