Racism, prejudice, intolerance: as Am...

Racism, prejudice, intolerance: as American as apple pie

There are 8654 comments on the Denver Post story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Racism, prejudice, intolerance: as American as apple pie. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Religious authorities utilized the word - heretic' in the 16th century to silence or - slap down' anyone that brought facts, figures and new concepts to the public.A If a new scientific concept contradicted the Catholic Church, they placed the scoundrel under house arrest - such as Galileo for proving the Earth revolved around the sun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#10811 Mar 15, 2012
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Christain maybe, stupid is saved for spendocraps!
Look behind the curtain, they are all in the same party.

Level 6

Since: Feb 11

Denver, CO

#10812 Mar 15, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
When people bring up Obama maybe a Muslim (because he is black), who cares but religious minded people. I throw all religions into the same basket. People who pretty much can't run their lives without a crutch to help them do the right thing.
I think I love you.

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#10813 Mar 15, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Look behind the curtain, they are all in the same party.
No Arguement, they are all Spendocraps, or Democrats, take your pick!
Rea

Senftenberg, Germany

#10814 Mar 16, 2012
Howicit wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe your assumption is ignorant. I've was a Democrat for 38 years, and am now an independent. I am for a woman right to choose and don't care who marries who. But I know damage when I see it and an invasion when it happens. Diversity comes from the word to divide and that is what this invasion is doing to this country. I know graffiti when I see it and gangs prowling my streets, or 30 people living in a garage against our zoning codes. You see I wasn't brainwashed by our existing school system. No it is not me that is ignorant or right wing. You don't even know you've been brainwashed be cause you've been taught it's so cool to be liberal. Next time don't forget to use the words "hate" or "intolerant" those are your buzz words. But I must give you credit, you did manage to get in the word "racist". Next time just call me a coconut, my last name is Garcia.
you are brainwashed puss. and queer. You have only 3 possible choices in your country. Practically only one. Romney or Obama or Santorum, these wonderful candidates are real solution for your country and I want them see in White House. You have NO rights to vote for another candidates. I BAN.
fuc. you.., you stupid puss..s

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#10815 Mar 16, 2012
Rea wrote:
<quoted text>
you are brainwashed puss. and queer. You have only 3 possible choices in your country. Practically only one. Romney or Obama or Santorum, these wonderful candidates are real solution for your country and I want them see in White House. You have NO rights to vote for another candidates. I BAN.
Wow, do you eat with that mouth as well?

“Legals against Illegals!”

Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#10816 Mar 22, 2012
Rea wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say....
Ron Paul is the only one who would really make changes!

The others just say what people want to hear to try and get votes.
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/enforce

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/protest

“It matters but not very much”

Level 6

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#10817 Mar 22, 2012
RevWendy wrote:
<quoted text>
My question exactly, I am a United Church of Christ pastor and bilingual. I founded Puente Ministry in Pescadero CA and we as a community welcome the Mexican national workers.Our book of that story for the past 10 yrs. is No Longer Strangers: The Practice of Radical Hospitality. Ck our web www.no-longer-strangers.org and read our reality on the wonderful brothers and families who maintain good lives, jobs and help their families at home in Mexico. There is no other econ. feasible choice. Read the last book on our BOOK page of the web and get the true context. Be wise, and stand up for true justice, FOR ALL...who among us is to an immigrant in our heritage? Only the First Nation/Native Americans and you see what our nation did to these people.
My ancestors were immigrants who paid their own way at all times. Illegal aliens don't. If you want to help them, go to their country and stop them from coming here and leeching off of others. Then pay their medical bills and buy them food for life. That's YOUR choice. You have no right to force anyone else to support your favorite charity cases. You have no right to break US soveriegn laws by aiding and abetting people who have been legislated against by the US Congress. I don't care if you have a glowng halo around your hubris-filled widdle head - you have no morality to speak of, nor any sense of law and order.

“It matters but not very much”

Level 6

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#10818 Mar 22, 2012
Rea wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously need your meds refilled. You have serious problems with reality, don't you.
Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10819 Mar 22, 2012
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously need your meds refilled. You have serious problems with reality, don't you.
That and a better command of the English language without the use of cuss words.
Ms Pearlman

Los Angeles, CA

#10821 Jul 10, 2012
You clearly need to learn your history from a different source! They raped Germany financially and again were expelled- for the 71st time? I'm half Jewish and am vehemently anti zionist. They are rewriting history and filling your head with propaganda! Wake up, or it will happen here.
WMDiscussion wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you compare the illegals in the U.S. to the Jews of Germany. You are a disgusting fabricator and apparently know nothing about the heinous lives Jews lived during the time of WWII.
The Jews were productive CITIZENS of Germany and surrounding countries). They contributed socially and financially to Germany and didn't make excuses or hedge when it came to giving back to their country. They didn't enter Germany illegally and sponge off the country. They didn't expect Germany to feed and clothe them for free. They didn't turn parts of Germany into cesspools and they didn't arrogantly force their culture on anyone. They certainly didn't spit in the faces of the citizens of Germany.
None of this can be said about illegals. That's why they are reviled in the U.S.
I wanna be you

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10822 Jul 10, 2012
Howicit wrote:
This Obama administration has made sure the discussion of illegal aliens has been taken off the radar. No one is discussing it. Why? So that he and the openborders crowd can sneak in another amnesty. You bet, and everyone is so enthralled in the healthcare debate that amnesty for illegal aliens will hardly be noticed. But you'll sure notice the price tag for amnesty, but it will be too late. It's your choice, you can speak up now, or pay for it later.
Hey You,
Where did you go?
Come back here!
Look what you started!
Now whatta you going to do about it?

Come on man - get back here right this minute!
I wanna be you

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10823 Jul 10, 2012
Publius51 wrote:
<quoted text>
That and a better command of the English language without the use of cuss words.
I just luv these kind of post!
Don't you?
However can we reply?
Hmmm - who cares?
Isn't there a site just for you darlin'?
I am only wondering!

Couldn't really care more about little students like you!

Oh and I reely want to be U 2 !
:[
NOT!
mikemike

Portland, OR

#10824 Jul 22, 2012
Torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>DId you know that Garcia is the 8th most popular surname in the USA!
i thought it was diaz

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10825 Jul 22, 2012
White American wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks are stinky animals.
You sir, are an imbecile.
garcia

El Paso, TX

#10826 Jul 24, 2012
Howicit wrote:
This Obama administration has made sure the discussion of illegal aliens has been taken off the radar. No one is discussing it. Why? So that he and the openborders crowd can sneak in another amnesty. You bet, and everyone is so enthralled in the healthcare debate that amnesty for illegal aliens will hardly be noticed. But you'll sure notice the price tag for amnesty, but it will be too late. It's your choice, you can speak up now, or pay for it later.
We have spoken, the American people don't want any amnesty for illegals but you have your President as the dictator of this country.
mikemike

Portland, OR

#10827 Aug 3, 2012
Derek wrote:
Why does it seem hispanics, specifically Mexicants are the only immigrant group unable to adequately learn english.
Why are they do mentally deficient compared to others.
thats why they go ran out of there homeland mex=shit=co.
mikemike

Portland, OR

#10830 Aug 4, 2012
b4its2late wrote:
Racism, prejudice, intolerance: as American as apple pie....I agree, a very large portion of latinos and blacks hate everyone but themselves. And constantly trying to get ahead by race baiting.
i guess the tea party,republican party,fox news white people always trying to stay ahead by there,imbreaded hatered and intolerance race baiting.
Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10831 Aug 4, 2012
Long Live Chick-Fil-A!!!!!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10832 Aug 4, 2012
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
My ancestors were immigrants who paid their own way at all times. Illegal aliens don't. If you want to help them, go to their country and stop them from coming here and leeching off of others. Then pay their medical bills and buy them food for life. That's YOUR choice. You have no right to force anyone else to support your favorite charity cases. You have no right to break US soveriegn laws by aiding and abetting people who have been legislated against by the US Congress. I don't care if you have a glowng halo around your hubris-filled widdle head - you have no morality to speak of, nor any sense of law and order.
Illegal aliens are scavengers and parasites who become a cancer in society.
mikemike

Portland, OR

#10834 Aug 5, 2012
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry dude, that sh!t isnt going to fly anymore.
sorry son,theres no new ideas for this country,its the same game thats been going on ever since the mayflower.nothing new.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 25 min Wondering 24,128
Murderous White Cops 11 hr Lilly 22
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 12 hr Jennifer 328
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 16 hr Chantel 19,144
Paid survey for Denver area residents (Jul '12) Fri leonard chavez 5
would you allow me to talk about sex with your ... Fri Doesastold8 2
Naughty email chat! Fri Doesastold8 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages