Professor died from smoke inhalation, injuries

Full story: KUSA Denver

A Chadron State College professor found dead last month died of smoke and soot inhalation, combined with thermal injuries, authorities said Wednesday.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated May 3, 2007
steve

Golden, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

What a strange and sad story.

Since: Apr 07

Castle Rock, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Let me save the people of Lincoln a lot of money on police investigation time. Just charge his wife for the murder and make her stay up all night until she admits her guilt. If they can't find a killer that's what they're going to do.

IRAQ...Level it or Leave it.
Don't feed the aliens.
Nebraska

Sterling, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

It's not Lincoln....or can you not read? He was living and teaching in Chadron!
Captain Nemo wrote:
Let me save the people of Lincoln a lot of money on police investigation time. Just charge his wife for the murder and make her stay up all night until she admits her guilt. If they can't find a killer that's what they're going to do.
Don't feed the aliens.
Deb

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

This is very strange and very sad. I hope whatever happened is determined and then his family can have closure.
Captain Nemo, he lived alone, no wife, and he lived in Chadron, not Lincoln.
There is never a time we should make light of someone's death.
formernebraskan

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2007

Please let the folks at Channel 9 know that the correct pronunciation of Chadron is Shadron not Chad ron. Just one of those funny little local things.
ChadronResident

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2007

Captain Nemo...I feel you are very ignorant. You seem to have no idea what this community and Dr. Hataaja's family have gone through. This community spent months looking for this man, several who had never met him. You obviously watch too many crime dramas and are deluded to think that they are reality. I think you need to learn a little more compassion and join the rest of us in the real world.
(Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Hataaja's EX-wife brought charges against you for defamation of character, which would serve you right)
Captain Nemo wrote:
Don't feed the aliens.
Chadron NE

Rapid City, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2007

Captain Nemo doesn't know the whole story of what happened here. First of all the lead investigator on the Chadron Police Department would not allow anyone to help. Many people looked for the professor, even in the same spot that he was later found dead at. Isn't that kind of suspicious? That professor didn't bother anyone and didn't deserve what happened to him. Maybe someone should start looking more into the community of Chadron. Some of the things that goes on there isn't right. Besides the way they say he died is not true. There is a lot more to the story then people outside the community know. His death is going to be swept right under the rug because no one wants to face the facts that something is terribly wrong in this "sleepy little town." Where nothing like this ever happens. I sure hope 9 News keeps up the looking into this story and tells the truth as to what happened. I feel that if enough people keep this topic going then maybe some people in Chadron can get a peace of mind. Hopefully the professor's family could get closure as to what happened to him. Besides that he inhaled a bunch of smoke.
Chadron NE

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2007

Is it also true that besides the lead Chadron police investigator, the administration of CSC also discouraged volunteers from helping in the search? Seems odd that the college showed little interest in finding out the truth. There is one thing that CSC has had to proud of in the past year. Perhaps the college knew who was involved in the disappearance and wanted to protect their local "heros" on campus.
Coowallsky

Sorrento, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2007

I'll bet that is the same Captain Nemo that spent 3 hours in Wal-Mart trying to find wheels for a miscarriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info