Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 37319 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2166 Jun 10, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so you can understand me.
No, it's because you are a half wit.

Tell me, moron, how is that hunt for a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples equality under the law to marry going?

A more intelligent individual would be able to offer a substantive argument rather than playground taunts.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2167 Jun 10, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's because you are a half wit.
It's so you can understand me, because you are far less than a half wit.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2168 Jun 10, 2014
Wondering wrote:
It's so you can understand me, because you are far less than a half wit.
Are you capable of making an on topic post, or answering basic questions, twit?

"Tell me, moron, how is that hunt for a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples equality under the law to marry going?"

You appear to be dumber than a grade school student.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2169 Jun 10, 2014
lides wrote:
You appear to be dumber than a grade school student.
Only when I'm directing my post at you. Your intellect, or lack thereof, does not exceed that of a grade school student.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2170 Jun 10, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Only when I'm directing my post at you. Your intellect, or lack thereof, does not exceed that of a grade school student.
Sorry, kiddo, it isn't my fault that you lack the intelligence to offer a valid or on topic argument.

I am not the reason that YOU are an idiot.
Comrade Serfdom

Springfield, MA

#2171 Jun 10, 2014
^^^^^^^^^^

A left,
A right,
A left,
A right!

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2172 Jun 10, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you did exactly that. You claim one thing, but then immediately try to pursue an exemption that would exclude those of religion from having to follow the law.

Some would call that hypocrisy.
Respect71 wrote, "Gays can “gay marry” and those who believe in traditional marriage don’t get punished by government..."

They only get punished if they break the law, kiddo.
Respect71 wrote, "Your logic is bias to your side alone."

Sorry, kiddo, I support everyone's rights. Providing a service for someone with diverging views does not violate anyone's constitutional rights.
Respect71 wrote, "How YOU feel about it is YOUR choice."

Of course, I am not trying to discriminate against anyone. That is the difference.
Respect71 wrote, "“Maybe you also believe that we should get rid of civil rights legislation that brought about desegregation?” I am not the one supporting punishment of Americans who don’t believe the same as you."

Sorry, kiddo, anti discrimination laws have regularly been upheld as constitutional, and providing a service for someone with differing beliefs does not violate ANY constitutional right.

Grow up.
I'm not the one who argues punishment for Americans that believe different than myself.

I am for "gay marriage" weather you believe me or not. You attempting to place words in my mouth like "lesser" is your sad attempt to demonize my position or is you that you feel gays are truly lesser by nature. Either way it's your feeling NOT mine.

You have shown your dishonesty at every post you make... Sad.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2173 Jun 10, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
I'm not the one who argues punishment for Americans that believe different than myself.
I have only ever argued to punish those who break the law. It is you who defend the lawless, which wish to hold themselves apart from the law, and use their religion as justification to ignore laws they do not wish to follow, which is a terribly foolish position to take.
Respect71 wrote:
I am for "gay marriage" weather you believe me or not. You attempting to place words in my mouth like "lesser" is your sad attempt to demonize my position or is you that you feel gays are truly lesser by nature. Either way it's your feeling NOT mine.
Actually, you are a liar, the fact that you defend those who break the law speaks volumes to your credibility, or more appropriately lack thereof.
Respect71 wrote:
You have shown your dishonesty at every post you make... Sad.
Sorry, kiddo. I believe in equality and the law.

You, on the other hand, believe in equality only for those you happen to agree with.

Grow up, kiddo.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2174 Jun 10, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>I have only ever argued to punish those who break the law. It is you who defend the lawless, which wish to hold themselves apart from the law, and use their religion as justification to ignore laws they do not wish to follow, which is a terribly foolish position to take.
Respect71 wrote, "I am for "gay marriage" weather you believe me or not. You attempting to place words in my mouth like "lesser" is your sad attempt to demonize my position or is you that you feel gays are truly lesser by nature. Either way it's your feeling NOT mine."

Actually, you are a liar, the fact that you defend those who break the law speaks volumes to your credibility, or more appropriately lack thereof.
Respect71 wrote, "You have shown your dishonesty at every post you make... Sad. "

Sorry, kiddo. I believe in equality and the law.

You, on the other hand, believe in equality only for those you happen to agree with.

Grow up, kiddo.
Cite the post where I posting ANYTHING you just claimed I said.

I support "gay marriage".
I support the First Amendment of our Constitution.

You have repeatedly stated you support punishment under the law, yet deny our Constitution.

It's clear from these posts which of us is honest in their statements, which of us cares most about all Americans, and which of us has pushed THEIR BELIEF upon Americas.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2175 Jun 10, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite the post where I posting ANYTHING you just claimed I said.
I support "gay marriage".
I support the First Amendment of our Constitution.
You have repeatedly stated you support punishment under the law, yet deny our Constitution.
It's clear from these posts which of us is honest in their statements, which of us cares most about all Americans, and which of us has pushed THEIR BELIEF upon Americas.
Respect, you just did so again. Any time you claim that a business owner has the right to discriminate upon the basis of their religious beliefs, and thereby can deny service to same sex couples, you advance a stupid, and in most jurisdictions illegal, argument.

You may lie all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that you are a bald faced liar, who claims to support marriage equality while simultaneously arguing against it.

There is a word for people like you, they are called hypocrites.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2176 Jun 10, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect, you just did so again. Any time you claim that a business owner has the right to discriminate upon the basis of their religious beliefs, and thereby can deny service to same sex couples, you advance a stupid, and in most jurisdictions illegal, argument.
You may lie all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that you are a bald faced liar, who claims to support marriage equality while simultaneously arguing against it.
There is a word for people like you, they are called hypocrites.
JD, most moderately educated people would see his argument as one supporting the rights of the baker. That doesn't mean he holds the same position as the baker and he can certainly support both the baker's freedom to chose and gay marriage. Only a simpleton would connect the two and call it an argument against gay marriage.

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#2177 Jun 10, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect, you just did so again. Any time you claim that a business owner has the right to discriminate upon the basis of their religious beliefs, and thereby can deny service to same sex couples, you advance a stupid, and in most jurisdictions illegal, argument.
You may lie all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that you are a bald faced liar, who claims to support marriage equality while simultaneously arguing against it.
There is a word for people like you, they are called hypocrites.
BINGO....You hit the nail on the head!!!!

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2178 Jun 10, 2014
Wondering wrote:
JD, most moderately educated people would see his argument as one supporting the rights of the baker. That doesn't mean he holds the same position as the baker and he can certainly support both the baker's freedom to chose and gay marriage. Only a simpleton would connect the two and call it an argument against gay marriage.
Dear idiot, this matter has already been through the courts. The baker was wrong, you are wrong, and KiMare is almost always wrong.

Get a grip, he broke the law. This isn't a difficult concept.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2179 Jun 10, 2014
Arch wrote:
This is why gays get the sissy crybaby rap they deserve..........
By making sure the law is enforced?

In case you've been educated by people who like to forget history and then label others as revisionists, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 made it ILLEGAL to use religion as a basis to deny anyone service.

This is why your side is getting the rap it has. Why shouldn't this guy have to obey the same law every other bakery in town has to follow?

Because of his "religion"? Have you ever looked at the number of verses in the Bible that instruct the truly faithful to obey civil authorities?

Here's a free clue:
What Does the Bible Say About Obeying Authority?
www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_authority

Submission to Civil Authorities (1 Peter 2:13-17)

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.

15 For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

16 [Act] as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but [use it] as bondslaves of God. 17 Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2180 Jun 10, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>Respect, you just did so again. Any time you claim that a business owner has the right to discriminate upon the basis of their religious beliefs, and thereby can deny service to same sex couples, you advance a stupid, and in most jurisdictions illegal, argument.

You may lie all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that you are a bald faced liar, who claims to support marriage equality while simultaneously arguing against it.

There is a word for people like you, they are called hypocrites.
I stand for all Americans freedom while you continue to advocate for government punishment for those who don't believe the same as you-no matter how you twist it that's where you stand.

I have NEVER been dishonest in one post of this thread, where you have repeatedly stated I said things you could never prove I said. You are the liar and worse yet you lie at the expense of American freedom for your bias.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2181 Jun 10, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>BINGO....You hit the nail on the head!!!!
Lol. How's the 99.9% of charities going with all those government grants. Figured out how to prove that yet? This from a "bald faced liar" lol.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2182 Jun 10, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand for all Americans freedom while you continue to advocate for government punishment for those who don't believe the same as you-no matter how you twist it that's where you stand.
I have NEVER been dishonest in one post of this thread, where you have repeatedly stated I said things you could never prove I said. You are the liar and worse yet you lie at the expense of American freedom for your bias.
Oh for crying out loud stop lying about what she believes in. She believes in the law being obeyed. You don't

END OF STORY!

FROM THE SERIES: THE GLORY OF SUFFERING--STUDIES IN 1 PETER

Submission to Civil Authorities (1 Peter 2:13-17)
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.

15 For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

16 [Act] as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but [use it] as bondslaves of God. 17 Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2183 Jun 10, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>By making sure the law is enforced?

In case you've been educated by people who like to forget history and then label others as revisionists, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 made it ILLEGAL to use religion as a basis to deny anyone service.

This is why your side is getting the rap it has. Why shouldn't this guy have to obey the same law every other bakery in town has to follow?

Because of his "religion"? Have you ever looked at the number of verses in the Bible that instruct the truly faithful to obey civil authorities?

Here's a free clue:
What Does the Bible Say About Obeying Authority?
www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_authority

Submission to Civil Authorities (1 Peter 2:13-17)

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.

15 For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

16 [Act] as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but [use it] as bondslaves of God. 17 Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.
Great verses and I pray God speaks to all who hears His heart and allow Him to change heir hearts.

America does have a government and laws and we have a first amendment because of cases like these.

I'll remind you of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedo...

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2184 Jun 10, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for crying out loud stop lying about what she believes in. She believes in the law being obeyed. You don't

END OF STORY!

FROM THE SERIES: THE GLORY OF SUFFERING--STUDIES IN 1 PETER

Submission to Civil Authorities (1 Peter 2:13-17)
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.

15 For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

16 [Act] as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but [use it] as bondslaves of God. 17 Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedo...

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2185 Jun 10, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for crying out loud stop lying about what she believes in. She believes in the law being obeyed. You don't

END OF STORY!

FROM THE SERIES: THE GLORY OF SUFFERING--STUDIES IN 1 PETER

Submission to Civil Authorities (1 Peter 2:13-17)
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.

15 For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.

16 [Act] as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but [use it] as bondslaves of God. 17 Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.
Lol. You both twist everything to your bend which is "gay marriage" and you want everyone to believe as you... So you both believe it's appropriate for government to punish those who don't believe as you. Which is what? A lie to the general public so they bend to your will.

Federal law mandates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Event Rents {poor guest service/employee morale} 1 hr Marleygal82 46
Display Rainbow Flag? 3 hr Thomas 10
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 7 hr tbird19482 23,551
Phish Stream? 13 hr rod65 2
District 2 cops Sun T boy 17
last post wins! (Feb '11) Sun Icnoptnthis 25,974
New talent on spicyfreecams Jun 25 roxpoxy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages