Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 38685 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1854 May 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples the right to legally marriage simply don't discriminate, unconstitutionally against same sex couples. There is no separate legal classification, they are just married.
<quoted text>
None of which has any bearing upon the constitution's guarantee of equal protection of the law for all.
Just because you make a distinction doesn't make that distinction relevant.
<quoted text>
Actually, they do. Just read your last paragraph, hypocrite.
<quoted text>
People are people. End of lesson.
<quoted text>
I'm not the one claiming to support same sex marriage while actively making arguments to the contrary, hypocrite.
“It doesn't. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples the right to legally marriage simply don't discriminate, unconstitutionally against same sex couples. There is no separate legal classification, they are just married.” Yet the distinction remains.

“None of which has any bearing upon the constitution's guarantee of equal protection of the law for all. Just because you make a distinction doesn't make that distinction relevant.” Nice subject change... So you refuse to answer the question?

“Actually, they do. Just read your last paragraph, hypocrite.” And all you can do is call me names. Hard to face the truth isn’t it?

“People are people. End of lesson.” Your again deflecting from your dishonesty.”

“I'm not the one claiming to support same sex marriage while actively making arguments to the contrary, hypocrite.” No, you’re the one who lies. The one who claims “marriage equality” denying the truth and then asks the government to punish those Americans who don’t agree with you.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1855 May 22, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
Yet the distinction remains.
No, it only exists in your mind. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples to marry don't have traditional marriage and same sex marriage, they just have marriage. Only a fool would claim otherwise.
Respect71 wrote:
Nice subject change... So you refuse to answer the question?
Actually, it is just pointing out that you are the one changing the subject by spouting irrelevant gibberish.
Respect71 wrote:
And all you can do is call me names. Hard to face the truth isn’t it?
Not really. You are an idiot, and I believe in respecting people by addressing them with titles they have so rightfully earned.
Respect71 wrote:
Your again deflecting from your dishonesty.”
No, I am just exposing your own.
Respect71 wrote:
No, you’re the one who lies. The one who claims “marriage equality” denying the truth and then asks the government to punish those Americans who don’t agree with you.
No, you often make that claim, but never support it with facts. That is because the one who is lying here is you.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1857 May 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it only exists in your mind. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples to marry don't have traditional marriage and same sex marriage, they just have marriage. Only a fool would claim otherwise.
<quoted text>
Actually, it is just pointing out that you are the one changing the subject by spouting irrelevant gibberish.
<quoted text>
Not really. You are an idiot, and I believe in respecting people by addressing them with titles they have so rightfully earned.
<quoted text>
No, I am just exposing your own.
<quoted text>
No, you often make that claim, but never support it with facts. That is because the one who is lying here is you.
“No, it only exists in your mind. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples to marry don't have traditional marriage and same sex marriage, they just have marriage. Only a fool would claim otherwise.” Only a fool would claim the two relationships are EQUAL or the SAME.

“Actually, it is just pointing out that you are the one changing the subject by spouting irrelevant gibberish.”…

“Not really. You are an idiot, and I believe in respecting people by addressing them with titles they have so rightfully earned.” Then “gay marriage” is appropriate to you. Good, now we have made progress that you acknowledge titles have meaning.

“No, I am just exposing your own.”…

“No, you often make that claim, but never support it with facts. That is because the one who is lying here is you.” Cite my post then.

Titles have meaning. Marriage means something.“gay marriage” is NOT the same. I want gays to be with whoever they desire, whether that is a “union” or “gay marriage” that’s awesome. And I understand millions of Americans hold traditional marriage as sacred and you are for using government to punish those who don’t believe the same as you.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Defiance, Ohio

#1858 May 23, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
Only a fool would claim the two relationships are EQUAL or the SAME.
Actually, only a fool would argue for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law. You see, kiddo, equality under the law doesn't require physical equality, a fact that has been explained to you ad nauseum.
Respect71 wrote:
Then “gay marriage” is appropriate to you. Good, now we have made progress that you acknowledge titles have meaning.
Sorry, kiddo, marriage is marriage. No jurisdiction allowing same sex couples to legally marry has two legal standards, they just have marriage. Get a grip.
Respect71 wrote:
Cite my post then.
I often make the claim, because it is true.
Respect71 wrote:
Titles have meaning. Marriage means something.“gay marriage” is NOT the same. I want gays to be with whoever they desire, whether that is a “union” or “gay marriage” that’s awesome. And I understand millions of Americans hold traditional marriage as sacred and you are for using government to punish those who don’t believe the same as you.
Sorry, kiddo, grow up. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples the right to legally marry don't hold the double standard that you do. Congratulations, you are a bigot.
Pinocchio Goes to Israel

Amherst, MA

#1859 May 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, only a fool would argue for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law. You see, kiddo, equality under the law doesn't require physical equality, a fact that has been explained to you ad nauseum.
<quoted text>
Sorry, kiddo, marriage is marriage. No jurisdiction allowing same sex couples to legally marry has two legal standards, they just have marriage. Get a grip.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sorry, kiddo, grow up. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples the right to legally marry don't hold the double standard that you do. Congratulations, you are a bigot.
Even Orwell would call you a far left fascist lunatic.
:o)
Lame Duck Lides

Amherst, MA

#1860 May 23, 2014
Lides is a true segregationist who is for the non productive society and brims at the fact of how Obama continues to destroy America.
How's the healthcare platform coming along Lides?
TIM......BER!!!!
Lame Duck Lides

Amherst, MA

#1861 May 23, 2014
How bout that summer of recovery.
Stay away from those topics Lides. Stick with the gay theme.
You're a joke.
ROTFLMAO!

Level 6

Location hidden

#1862 May 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
“Actually, only a fool would argue for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law.” Cite the post where I said that.
“You see, kiddo, equality under the law doesn't require physical equality, a fact that has been explained to you ad nauseum.” It’s not “physical equality” we are talking about, of which you are either dishonest or ignorant.
“Sorry, kiddo, marriage is marriage. No jurisdiction allowing same sex couples to legally marry has two legal standards, they just have marriage. Get a grip.” Colorado has appropriate laws.

“I often make the claim, because it is true.” Cite my post.

“Sorry, kiddo, grow up. Jurisdictions allowing same sex couples the right to legally marry don't hold the double standard that you do. Congratulations, you are a bigot.” I’m not the one calling for government to punish Americans for not holding your narrow view. I’m the one calling for “gay marriage” and allowing those who hold marriage sacred to live without fear of government persecution. In other words liberty for all Americans.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Defiance, Ohio

#1863 May 23, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
Cite the post where I said that.
I have better things to do with my time than dig through your back drivel.
Respect71 wrote:
It’s not “physical equality” we are talking about, of which you are either dishonest or ignorant.
Actually, you are the one who keeps arguing physical equality when the topic is equality under the law, which doesn't require physical equality. Congratulations, you are being both dishonest, and ignorant.
Respect71 wrote:
Colorado has appropriate laws.
Colorado does not provide all persons within its jurisdiction equal protection under the law, in violation of the 14th Amendment.
Respect71 wrote:
Cite my post.
Respect71 wrote:
I’m not the one calling for government to punish Americans for not holding your narrow view. I’m the one calling for “gay marriage” and allowing those who hold marriage sacred to live without fear of government persecution. In other words liberty for all Americans.
Sorry, Kiddo. The government punishes those who break the law. Why you defend the lawless is beyond me. As I have already stated, the courts have clearly illustrated that those who seek to project their religious beliefs onto others through their businesses are in violation of the law, the courts have further illustrated that providing services to people who hold differing views in no way impacts the proprietor's free exercise of religion or free speech.

The only persecution here is at the hands of the businesses that seeks to discriminate against would be customers. Were you smarter than a fifth grader, you might understand that.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#1864 May 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I lied so I can't. Hey, it's what a 'nice person' does.
Too funny, it must be Friday!!!
The Chicken Goes

Amherst, MA

#1865 May 23, 2014
Cluck Cluck
Cluck Cluck
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#1866 May 23, 2014
lides wrote:
Colorado does not provide all persons within its jurisdiction equal protection under the law, in violation of the 14th Amendment.
But it does. Colorado laws apply equally to all residents.
You want laws changed, special laws created.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Defiance, Ohio

#1868 May 24, 2014
Wondering wrote:
But it does. Colorado laws apply equally to all residents.
You want laws changed, special laws created.
Kiddo, Colorado will soon allow equality under the law for all. If you doubt this, look at their track record, and then look at the frequency that anti-equality measures are being struck down in court.

You are one dumb cookie.
dang

Australia

#1869 May 24, 2014
dang
Wow

Anonymous Proxy

#1870 May 24, 2014
wow

Level 6

Location hidden

#1871 May 26, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually, you are the one who keeps arguing physical equality when the topic is equality under the law, which doesn't require physical equality. Congratulations, you are being both dishonest, and ignorant.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sorry, Kiddo. The government punishes those who break the law. Why you defend the lawless is beyond me. As I have already stated, the courts have clearly illustrated that those who seek to project their religious beliefs onto others through their businesses are in violation of the law, the courts have further illustrated that providing services to people who hold differing views in no way impacts the proprietor's free exercise of religion or free speech.
The only persecution here is at the hands of the businesses that seeks to discriminate against would be customers. Were you smarter than a fifth grader, you might understand that.
“I have better things to do with my time than dig through your back drivel.” That makes you dishonest and a liar.

“Actually, you are the one who keeps arguing physical equality when the topic is equality under the law, which doesn't require physical equality. Congratulations, you are being both dishonest, and ignorant.” Cite the post where I say “physical equality” is why the two relationships are different.
“Colorado does not provide all persons within its jurisdiction equal protection under the law, in violation of the 14th Amendment.” It is not.

“I have better things to do with my time than dig through your back drivel.” That makes you dishonest and a liar.

“Sorry, Kiddo. The government punishes those who break the law. Why you defend the lawless is beyond me. As I have already stated, the courts have clearly illustrated that those who seek to project their religious beliefs onto others through their businesses are in violation of the law, the courts have further illustrated that providing services to people who hold differing views in no way impacts the proprietor's free exercise of religion or free speech.

The only persecution here is at the hands of the businesses that seeks to discriminate against would be customers. Were you smarter than a fifth grader, you might understand that.” My point stands.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Defiance, Ohio

#1872 May 26, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
That makes you dishonest and a liar.
No, it just means that I am not going to dig through your back lies to prove your disingenuousness when anyone who cares to can do the same, or simply evaluate your current lies to see your true character. I have better things to do with my time.
Respect71 wrote:
Cite the post where I say “physical equality” is why the two relationships are different.
You never say physical equality, but you regularly claim same sex couples are not equal to opposite sex ones. Get a grip, kiddo. It is simply the crux of what you have said. Don't like it, quit lying.
Respect71 wrote:
It is not.
This doesn't actually answer the statement to which you are responding.
Respect71 wrote:
That makes you dishonest and a liar.
No, it just means I have better things to do than wade through the sea of bull**** that you have offered.
Respect71 wrote:
My point stands.
It does, and it proves that you are both a dullard, bigot, and coward who is afraid of equality under the law for all.
Well played, kiddo.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1873 May 26, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it just means that I am not going to dig through your back lies to prove your disingenuousness when anyone who cares to can do the same, or simply evaluate your current lies to see your true character. I have better things to do with my time.
<quoted text>
You never say physical equality, but you regularly claim same sex couples are not equal to opposite sex ones. Get a grip, kiddo. It is simply the crux of what you have said. Don't like it, quit lying.
<quoted text>
This doesn't actually answer the statement to which you are responding.
<quoted text>
No, it just means I have better things to do than wade through the sea of bull**** that you have offered.
<quoted text>
It does, and it proves that you are both a dullard, bigot, and coward who is afraid of equality under the law for all.
Well played, kiddo.
“No, it just means that I am not going to dig through your back lies to prove your disingenuousness when anyone who cares to can do the same, or simply evaluate your current lies to see your true character. I have better things to do with my time.” No it mean you can’t back up you claims of my statements with any facts… That makes you a liar.

“You never say physical equality, but you regularly claim same sex couples are not equal to opposite sex ones. Get a grip, kiddo. It is simply the crux of what you have said. Don't like it, quit lying.” So now you lie about my stating “physical equality” and then back pedal?

I have been nothing but honest and factual throughout this thread, so again, let me be clear: The gay RELATIONSHIP is not the SAME or EQUAL to that of a husband and wife RELATIONSHIP. This is fact, of which you can’t dispute so you call me names and say I say things that I don’t.

“It does, and it proves that you are both a dullard, bigot, and coward who is afraid of equality under the law for all.” Everything I have stated is fact, of which you can’t dispute so you call me names and say I say things that I don’t.

My guess is you want the government to punish me for speaking the truth.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#1874 May 26, 2014
lides wrote:
I have better things to do with my time.
Yes you do. Catching brain farts before you post them.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1875 May 26, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do. Catching brain farts before you post them.
Does this mean you're thinking of changing careers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Feb '11) 14 min Archie Bunker 26,045
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Respect71 24,133
Mexicans (Mar '14) 17 hr David 78
Lies and Poor Security Judgment but We Still Wa... 17 hr Lanora 18
Democrats created and own racist Confederate flag Thu Terressa 3
Best Bud Prices Wed truth 2
Democrat party of KKK and BLM Jul 27 President Lincoln 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance