Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 21917 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#162 Dec 10, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct in assuming I am a Christian, and you are correct in that a Muslim has a 1st amendment right to lead a prayer in a class room just as my children have the right to pray to Jesus in class.
Well I certainly hope our tax dollars aren't going to teachers to preach religion to kids. I know where I work I'd have to do my job not ignore the customers and start yelling out prayers.

Level 1

Location hidden

#163 Dec 10, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong on two counts. Your choice to sleep with other dudes doesn't give you some magical civil right. And refusing service to someone that intentionally insults your religious beliefs isn't against the law.
You liberal pukes would be singing a different tune if it was a an illegal Mexican alien or a towelhead terrorist who owned a bakery and was offended by a white, Christian, heterosexual male who wanted an American flag cake for Fourth of July.
Your choice to be with the opposite gender shouldn't grant you special rights and rights I do not have.
Christiansharian Law

Philadelphia, PA

#164 Dec 10, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct in assuming I am a Christian, and you are correct in that a Muslim has a 1st amendment right to lead a prayer in a class room just as my children have the right to pray to Jesus in class.
Liar, you christianist mullahs won't even permit mosques to be built in your towns. The idea of permitting organized prayers to mecca during public school classes is out of the question. Same for wiccan ceremonies or buddhist dharma talks or scientology auditing sessions.

Anyone can see that the government - public schools - treating all religions equally by permitting any or all religious rituals in public school classes is nutty.

Of course any christianist mullah's no doubt inbred spawn may pray to jaysus on their own anytime their little jaysus hearts desire.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#165 Dec 10, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority does not share your view nor does the American Psychological Association.
Then it's a good thing we are a Constitutional Republic, otherwise we may still be practicing slavery. Do you understand this point? Just because a large group may believe the same doesn’t remove or replace our Constitution.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#166 Dec 10, 2013
Christiansharian Law wrote:
Businesses may refuse service for cause,
Religion and gay weddings, there's two.

Level 6

Location hidden

#167 Dec 10, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I certainly hope our tax dollars aren't going to teachers to preach religion to kids. I know where I work I'd have to do my job not ignore the customers and start yelling out prayers.
“Well I certainly hope our tax dollars aren't going to teachers to preach religion to kids.” You didn’t say “preach religion to kids” in your post. What is you point with this statement?

“I know where I work I'd have to do my job not ignore the customers and start yelling out prayers.” Regardless of where you work you still have your 1st Amendment right for what ever religion you choose.
Christiansharian Law

Philadelphia, PA

#168 Dec 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion and gay weddings, there's two.
No, lying mullah, not in CO. Not at this time, at any rate. And not in other, more educated parts of the country.

You should stop lying for jeeesush by deliberately confusing what you stupidly think should be the law with what the law is. You'll make jeesush angry when you lie like that...and you're a real christianist, so you wouldn't want to do that.

Level 1

Location hidden

#169 Dec 10, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Well I certainly hope our tax dollars aren't going to teachers to preach religion to kids.” You didn’t say “preach religion to kids” in your post. What is you point with this statement?
“I know where I work I'd have to do my job not ignore the customers and start yelling out prayers.” Regardless of where you work you still have your 1st Amendment right for what ever religion you choose.
All I'm saying is if it were my child I'd want the teacher to teach them subjects not religion.

Level 6

Location hidden

#170 Dec 10, 2013
Christiansharian Law wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, you christianist mullahs won't even permit mosques to be built in your towns. The idea of permitting organized prayers to mecca during public school classes is out of the question. Same for wiccan ceremonies or buddhist dharma talks or scientology auditing sessions.

Anyone can see that the government - public schools - treating all religions equally by permitting any or all religious rituals in public school classes is nutty.

Of course any christianist mullah's no doubt inbred spawn may pray to jaysus on their own anytime their little jaysus hearts desire.
Lol... Your argument is calling me a liar?

If you want to argue with me you're going to need to do much better than that.

Level 6

Location hidden

#173 Dec 10, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>All I'm saying is if it were my child I'd want the teacher to teach them subjects not religion.
I will ask you this question then (which apparently you won't answer because you haven't answered one yet). Would you object to a Christian teacher teaching your child in a public school?

Level 6

Location hidden

#175 Dec 10, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't oppose a teacher of any religion teaching mine as long as they were teaching & not preaching .
My point is, the 1st amendment applies to everyone anywhere any time. If a Christian man believes in his heart it is wrong, based on his religious teaching, for him to provide a cake for gays then the 1st Amendment protects him from prosecution.

NONE of us is being forced to shop there and no one is preventing protesters from their 1st amendment right as well... That’s what makes this Country great!

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#177 Dec 10, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep forgetting the being gay is not a crime. Just because you want it to be so doesn't make it so. Keep dreaming!
Neither is an 80 year old man hooking up with a high school girl who is of age. Doesn't mean that it should be acceptable.
Christsharian Law

Philadelphia, PA

#178 Dec 10, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Your argument is calling me a liar?
If you want to argue with me you're going to need to do much better than that.
Hey lyin' special ed, I did more in that reply than just point out what a s faced liar you are, mullah.

Our christianists won't even permit mosques to be built or opened. That's all over the country - in the backwards, bible parts, mostly - not just near the tip of Manhattan.

Christianists won't permit yoga or meditation in public schools, because it's "non christian."

Your statement that no fundies would object to having organized muslim prayers in public school classrooms is the baldest for of lying imaginable. Completely removed from reality.

You know, like thinking the earth is under 10000 years old is completely removed from reality.
Christsharian Law

Philadelphia, PA

#179 Dec 10, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is, the 1st amendment applies to everyone anywhere any time. If a Christian man believes in his heart it is wrong, based on his religious teaching, for him to provide a cake for gays then the 1st Amendment protects him from prosecution.
NONE of us is being forced to shop there and no one is preventing protesters from their 1st amendment right as well... That’s what makes this Country great!
For the slow: That is what this theocratic freek wishes were the law.

It has no bearing on what the law actually is...in educated parts of the country.

And this "religious freedom" wouldn't just accrue to fundies who want to persecute glbt people. It would also, if equally applied, something they'd never countenance, permit businesses to refuse service to those who "believe" the earth is under 10000 years old...on the basis of that business owner's religious beliefs.

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#180 Dec 10, 2013
Christsharian Law wrote:
those who "believe" the earth is under 10000 years old.
That's the second time in three minutes you've posted that. Are you that low on material??

Level 6

Location hidden

#182 Dec 10, 2013
Christsharian Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lyin' special ed, I did more in that reply than just point out what a s faced liar you are, mullah.
Our christianists won't even permit mosques to be built or opened. That's all over the country - in the backwards, bible parts, mostly - not just near the tip of Manhattan.
Christianists won't permit yoga or meditation in public schools, because it's "non christian."
Your statement that no fundies would object to having organized muslim prayers in public school classrooms is the baldest for of lying imaginable. Completely removed from reality.
You know, like thinking the earth is under 10000 years old is completely removed from reality.
“Hey lyin' special ed, I did more in that reply than just point out what a s faced liar you are, mullah.” Glad we are off to a new start without calling names.

“Our christianists won't even permit mosques to be built or opened. That's all over the country - in the backwards, bible parts, mostly - not just near the tip of Manhattan.” Cite your soucre... I know of quite a few mosques around our Country.

“Christianists won't permit yoga or meditation in public schools, because it's "non christian."” Again, cite your source, because I have seen many yoga classes in school where they only do it as exercise which is in line with our constitution.

“Your statement that no fundies would object to having organized muslim prayers in public school classrooms is the baldest for of lying imaginable. Completely removed from reality.” Whether you like it or not the 1st Amendment protects organized prayer of any religion any place any time. Just like when congress opens with prayer.

“You know, like thinking the earth is under 10000 years old is completely removed from reality.” I know your ignorance gets in the way but you really can’t keep up. Try harder.

Level 6

Location hidden

#183 Dec 10, 2013
Christsharian Law wrote:
<quoted text>
For the slow: That is what this theocratic freek wishes were the law.
It has no bearing on what the law actually is...in educated parts of the country.
And this "religious freedom" wouldn't just accrue to fundies who want to persecute glbt people. It would also, if equally applied, something they'd never countenance, permit businesses to refuse service to those who "believe" the earth is under 10000 years old...on the basis of that business owner's religious beliefs.
If you wanted to do that because of your obvious ignorant hate for Christians I would support your right and absolutely not give you my business. It’s not up to you or government to FORCE people to do business with anyone... That’s why OBAMACARE is all jacked up, BUT that’s for a different thread.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#186 Dec 11, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Standing up for what’s right doesn’t mean forcing your opinion or belief on another person or their business.

I am not okay with that, and I am not okay with you or government forcing a person to do business with others based on your belief.

In a free society that business has the freedom to serve who they want... If you don’t like that you’re in the wrong Country.

Let me ask you... If you wanted a gay wedding cake, why would you want it from the baker who didn’t believe in your life style?
Umm, no you are in the wrong country. We settled this years ago. Businesses cannot discriminate when they serve the public. They do not have the freedom to not serve certain groups.

Why do you say you are not ok with businesses refusing to serve blacks? That's the exact same situation as the baker.

Not gay myself. But I suppose the people didn't know the baker was a bigot when they went there.

Location hidden

#187 Dec 11, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Constitution also says freedom of religion .
Whats going to happen when homosexuals sue for not being allowed to be Ministers or Rabbis or 'Imam Khatib/muslim'?
Nothing will happen, as you said, freedom of religion.

Location hidden

#188 Dec 11, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>You're a typical bigot making ignorant assumptions. You and your ilk are so blinded by your hatred of anyone who dares disagree with you, you're losing your grip on reality. This may surprise a hater like yourself, but I have no problem with gays. You people can go to your bars and do what you do behind closed doors. Just keep your sexually deviant lifestyle out of the public eye as it contributes to the moral decay of this society.
This may surprise a hater like yourself, but I have no problem with Christians. You peole can go to your churches and wo what you do behind closed doors. Just keep your intellectually deviant lifestyle out of the public eye as it contributes to the moral decay of society.

Difference?

Also, you have failed to show how homosexuality is immoral. It has nothing to do with hurting others. Christianity, as evidenced by your post, does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr tbird19482 18,255
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr Respect71 4,726
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 7 hr Joe 145
Bob Brutyn (Mar '10) Sun i got your cupcake 8
I Really Miss You Sun Your Ex 2
Open Borders Have Crushed Our Immigration Court... Sun tbird19482 49
Cimerex Sun Ringo 2
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE