Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

Jun 6, 2013 Full story: Denver Post 3,314

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#89 Dec 9, 2013
No, just don't think about it. Old people having sex is sick for me to think about seeing too, but there isn't anything 'wrong' with it. Its natural and beautiful for them.
Moe

Pittsfield, MA

#90 Dec 9, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everything. Is hunger a choice? Breathing a choice? Cancer a choice? Neither is sexual orientation a choice.
Hunger is a choice when fasting.
Breathing? Stupid question.
Cancer? Ditto.
AIDS?
Drugs?
Smoking?
Drinking?
Sexual intercourse with anything? Choice!
Having sex with the same sex is like saying incest is a born 'tendency' as well. There is zero scientific proof of anything other than two men cannot conceive a child, EVER!

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#91 Dec 9, 2013
southern alien wrote:
No, just don't think about it. Old people having sex is sick for me to think about seeing too, but there isn't anything 'wrong' with it. Its natural and beautiful for them.
How are we supposed to do that when you and your ilk insist on throwing your sexuality in our faces every chance you get?

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#93 Dec 9, 2013
We live in a free Country. Since when is it okay for the government or for American people to force people to do business with those who they are not willing to do business with? If you are gay, why would you want to do business with someone who doesn’t want to do business with you?

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#95 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>IMO,
Its a dominance thing like bend over & I'll stick it in your butt & you'll like it !

You'll bake me a queer cake & you'll like it !
The so much for individual freedom, right?!?!

They Just need to go to a different cake shop.

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#97 Dec 9, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
If you are gay, why would you want to do business with someone who doesn’t want to do business with you?
Because it's not about a cake, it's about advancing an agenda. I'm sure these douchebags shopped around just to find a bakery that wouldn't cater to their sexual perversion, so they could file a lawsuit and further expose their deviant lifestyle choice.
Archie Bunker

Loveland, CO

#98 Dec 9, 2013
Post #85, you didn't read my comment correctly.

-
Archie and Edith agree that it is wrong for this bakery to be forced to serve these two.

Just flat out wrong. This country has gone to hell, when you are forced by the courts to live and obey there decrees! What happened to your freedoms and choices?

The Revolution is coming folks. Too bad I won't be
around to see it. Archie is now old.

- Edith agrees
Archie Bunker

Loveland, CO

#100 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
He know what you meant he's just twisting/playing on your words .
Tell Edith Hi.
-
Thanks!

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#101 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid , ga9s aren't a race !
Gender is not a race either but sexual orientation is still a minority like some races and religions. Sexual orientation is a protected class in some places along with race, religion, gender, disability, etc. Racial minorities are not the only ones entitled to have civil rights or the use of the term. Just because someone is gay doesn't make it more okay to discriminate against them.

Level 1

Location hidden

#102 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that you are in fact a Bigot against straight people who believe homosexuality is wrong ?
BIGOT !
No, it never occurred to me because that is not the truth about me. I have several straight friends and straight parents, friends, and family members that I love and you don't know me from Adam's house cat. Isn't your analogy comparable to someone saying that black people are bigoted against whites because blacks don't want to sit on the back of the bus or leave a restaurant that says "whites only?"

Level 1

Location hidden

#103 Dec 9, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Easy way to solve this is to repeal the civil rights laws relating to commerce. Gone are the days of businesses turning away blacks and women. Not that this case has anything to do with civil rights. It's obvious that these homosexuals are just out looking for a fight, as are most whiners who aggressively promote this lifestyle choice.
How is refusing service to homosexuals any different than refusing service, housing, or employment to someone because they are black or Jewish or Muslim? Yes they are all different minorities but discrimination is still discrimination and apparently Colorado has a law protecting sexual orientation. If you don't like the laws then don't break them but have them changed. Being part of a religion does not give you the right to break the laws or discriminate outside of your home or church. When you are a business you serve the public, you don't pick and choose, unless the customer is causing a disturbance or breaking the law. Religion and the bible were used to justify discrimination against blacks, interracial couples, bi-racial people, and women. It cannot be used as a justification now nor should it be used against sexual minorities such as the LGBTI community. If religion is a right to discriminate where do you draw the line? Will it stop at people who are homosexual or will discrimination spread to everyone else?

Level 1

Location hidden

#104 Dec 9, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like the homosexuals forcing their lifestyle on others??
Liberals are so typical. They demand we be tolerant of their lifestyles and beliefs, while being 100% intollerant of ours...
Not being discriminated against is not forcing anything. You have a right to feel and believe what you want but in public and in the business world you still have to obey the laws.

Level 1

Location hidden

#105 Dec 9, 2013
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything we do in life is based on choices and consequences of those choices, so stfu.
So loving someone who you don't approve of subjects us to your hatred, wrath, discrimination, and oppression? We will never concede to you and will continue to fight until we are fully equal as American citizens so you stfu.

Level 1

Location hidden

#106 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean homosexuals forcing straights to serve them ?
Next thing you know they'll be suing straights to try to force them to have sex with them !
Now its a cake next it will be someones butt hole they want .
Rape is against the law for gays and straights. Stop with the ignorant and stupid BS!

Level 1

Location hidden

#108 Dec 9, 2013
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
So what about the 'blacks' that are 'against' ss acts? Hmmmmm?
What about them? Not all black people are against gays. That doesn't change the fact that discrimination against blacks or gays is still discrimination and against the law.

Level 1

Location hidden

#109 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that you are in fact a Bigot against straight people who believe homosexuality is wrong ?
BIGOT !
I never said they couldn't believe what they wanted to believe. There are some people who don't believe blacks should not be equal but I can assure you they cannot legally deny them service because of that belief.

Level 1

Location hidden

#110 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just because someone is gay doesn't make it more okay to discriminate against them"
Some feel the same way about pedophiles & goat rapers .
Guess they'll be wanting their rights next !
Are you going to discriminate against them when its their turn if the courts say it ok ?
After all they like you can not help themselves because they are who they are !
While there is a comparison between all oppressed minorities like women, blacks, Jews, homosexuals there is no comparison between homosexuality and pedophilia. Homosexuality is victimless and is not a crime among consenting adults. Someone acting on pedophilia is a crime and children cannot consent to sex. Your comparison is so much like comparing apples to oranges or more like fruits to starches.

Level 1

Location hidden

#111 Dec 9, 2013
Animals cannot consent to sex with a humans either. It is abuse. You cannot compare homosexuality between two human adults to people who have sex with animals and children. There is NO comparison! Try again buster! Stop lying! You are losing the argument against equality for gays so you start dragging them through the mud and comparing them to deviants and criminals. That is unacceptable!

Level 1

Location hidden

#112 Dec 9, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed being a liberal is a mental illness handed down by our communist/fascist Ashkenazi brothers and sisters that have been playing three sides of the fence for centuries. Sadly here in Massachusetts it is so blue I am running out of air.
Expel and isolate.
Actually I think a lot of the radical so called "conservatives" need a psyche evaluation.

Level 1

Location hidden

#113 Dec 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , that is exactly what it means !
Straights should seek out homosexual owned businesses & make them go against what they believe !
Find a print shop & make them print posters for you saying
God made AIDS just homosexuals, ETC !
Or a cake that say HoMoSeXuAlS are perverts & child molesters,'if' that is what you believe !
I am sure your last sentence is most likely what YOU BELIEVE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 10 hr KarlVIIIII 12,549
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 20 hr Petal Power 4,217
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Fri Eaddae 305
9news: USGS: Oil, gas at fault for Colo. earth... Sep 19 Bev Jamison 1
ISSL - Bushes legacy. What is the lure? Sep 19 Bev Jamison 2
Denver Dispatch'Awesome' Michelle Obama Thrills... Sep 19 disgruntled reader 1
Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Sep 17 Dad 1,110
•••
•••
•••