Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

Jun 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Post

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Comments (Page 37)

Showing posts 721 - 740 of2,393
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

Xstain Fumblementalist wrote:
<quoted text>Hey mongoloid, houses of worship aren't places of public accommodation. They are allowed to discriminate in many contexts.

Unless they rent out a banquet hall to the general public - for that, then, they can't discriminate.

You stupid bigot-trash.
Lol... Keep talking in sure you will win hearts of Americans left and right very soon.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>That doesn't speak to the issue, you jeeesus nutcase.

This isn't a theocracy. The principle of business owners not being able to discriminate has been clear for decades...which is about how far behind the culture your stupid, backwater mentality is. Business owners are still allowed to not like black people, or women, or the disabled - they're free to hate - they just can't discriminate.

Although I'd love to see a Unitarian business throw some fundie cranks out of her business for reasons of "religious" belief. Then we'd hear a different tune about all this from the fundie scum.
It is the issue. Since you're only willing to guard your own then you can't see it. It's not a surprise.

“ reality, what a concept”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
I thought you were done with me?
I find it difficult to ignore the pleas of masochists who come begging for more.
Respect71 wrote:
When you can explain why it's okay to break laws at gay pride events then maybe we can talk more about constitutional rights for ALL Americans and not just lgbt people.
Butterbean, the ONLY person who has said that it is okay to break laws at gay pride events, is you and despite providing me with several hundred pictures to look at, you couldn't even find ONE in which ANY law was being broken, unless they were the laws of good taste. The organizers PROHIBIT illegal acts at these events you dolt, its why they have marshals to police the events. You prove that there is a right of people to break the laws at these events and you might have a point, but right now, all you have is hot air.
Xstain Fumblementalist

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the issue. Since you're only willing to guard your own then you can't see it. It's not a surprise.
No, jeesus nutcase, your post didn't address the issue, which was about our laws saying bigot business owners may not act out their bigotries by discriminating.

This principle has nothing to do with "people like me."

Again, we know this is all hypocritical, fundie scum nonsense:

The bigot baker doesn't discriminate against all the many "sinners," only against glbt people. So we know it's simple bigotry.

And we know that any business which refused to wait on xstain mullah fundamentalists on the basis of religious beliefs would be sued by some christianist organization the very next day.

You freeeks think you get to bear false witness because you base your bigotry on some perverted, selective understanding of scripture. The law says otherwise, you cretin, because this isn't a theocracy.
Xstain Fumblementalist

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Keep talking in sure you will win hearts of Americans left and right very soon.
Even a cretin such as yourself can see how the wind is blowing. The trends could not be more clear. Educated people are growing impatient with evilgelical bigotry, Cletus, you stupid bigot.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I find it difficult to ignore the pleas of masochists who come begging for more.
Respect71 wrote, "When you can explain why it's okay to break laws at gay pride events then maybe we can talk more about constitutional rights for ALL Americans and not just lgbt people. "

Butterbean, the ONLY person who has said that it is okay to break laws at gay pride events, is you and despite providing me with several hundred pictures to look at, you couldn't even find ONE in which ANY law was being broken, unless they were the laws of good taste. The organizers PROHIBIT illegal acts at these events you dolt, its why they have marshals to police the events. You prove that there is a right of people to break the laws at these events and you might have a point, but right now, all you have is hot air.
No. I even provided you with the law that was specifically being broken based on the photos. So either you are lying about the illegal acts or you are being ignorant. Either way. I support the gay events dispute the laws broken just like I support the baker because we are ALL Americans.

S

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

<quoted text>No, jeesus nutcase, your post didn't address the issue, which was about our laws saying bigot business owners may not act out their bigotries by discriminating.

This principle has nothing to do with "people like me."

Again, we know this is all hypocritical, fundie scum nonsense:

The bigot baker doesn't discriminate against all the many "sinners," only against glbt people. So we know it's simple bigotry.

And we know that any business which refused to wait on xstain mullah fundamentalists on the basis of religious beliefs would be sued by some christianist organization the very next day.

You freeeks think you get to bear false witness because you base your bigotry on some perverted, selective understanding of scripture. The law says otherwise, you cretin, because this isn't a theocracy.
This is America. We ALL have individual rights. You discriminate, obviously, yet that's your main complaint.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

<quoted text>Even a cretin such as yourself can see how the wind is blowing. The trends could not be more clear. Educated people are growing impatient with evilgelical bigotry, Cletus, you stupid bigot.
Yes. Americans are realizing government is getting too big, removing our freedoms and placing our future at high risk. That's for a different thread isn't it.

“ reality, what a concept”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
No. I even provided you with the law that was specifically being broken based on the photos.
You provided a law that you thought was being violated, but you and thought just don't get along all that well. There is no right to break the law at these events you fool. Ass dismissed.
Xstain Fumblementalist

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is America. We ALL have individual rights. You discriminate, obviously, yet that's your main complaint.
But I haven't said fundie scum can't marry, adopt, serve openly, be protected from firing.

And no muslim or jewish business would be permitted by fundie scum to bar fundie scum from the premises.

So you're merely another mentally ill freeek with his faux jeeesus on, you disgusting vermin.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You provided a law that you thought was being violated, but you and thought just don't get along all that well. There is no right to break the law at these events you fool. Ass dismissed.
Call me all the names you want. It doesn’t change the facts. Gay pride events have never been within the laws of the cities they have them in, yet they happen and the general public is FOCED to accommodate and be TOLERANT. So you ask all of America to be tolerant of gays and in the same breath refuse tolerance for a man who doesn’t sell a wedding cake to gays.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

<quoted text>
But I haven't said fundie scum can't marry, adopt, serve openly, be protected from firing.
And no muslim or jewish business would be permitted by fundie scum to bar fundie scum from the premises.
So you're merely another mentally ill freeek with his faux jeeesus on, you disgusting vermin.
Like I said before… I am an American. I support the gays in their pride and civil unions, and I support the baker who only sells wedding cakes to man-woman couples… It’s not about religion it’s about freedom, and whether you like it or not Christians are guaranteed freedoms same as you.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then start prosecuting different churches that won't marry them because they are gay.
Look, idiot stick. The government has no jurisdiction over who churches can marry.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you need to ready the first amendment.
You think the first amendment gives Christian businessmen an excuse to break the law? You're dumber than a box of hammers.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imaginary? That is why you're ignorant. You let this baker get prosecuted the next step it to shut down gay pride.
Your to bias to be an American.
You are too stupid to be an American.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before… I am an American. I support the gays in their pride and civil unions, and I support the baker who only sells wedding cakes to man-woman couples… It’s not about religion it’s about freedom, and whether you like it or not Christians are guaranteed freedoms same as you.
There is no freedom to break the law. Are you nuts?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me all the names you want. It doesn’t change the facts. Gay pride events have never been within the laws of the cities they have them in,
Making up that lie won't win you any points.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I even provided you with the law that was specifically being broken based on the photos. So either you are lying about the illegal acts or you are being ignorant. Either way. I support the gay events dispute the laws broken just like I support the baker because we are ALL Americans.
S
Ahhhhhh stubborn stupidity! What illegal acts were being committed?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were done with me?
When you can explain why it's okay to break laws at gay pride events then maybe we can talk more about constitutional rights for ALL Americans and not just lgbt people.
What laws are being broken at gay pride events? Give examples and name the broken statutes.
d pantz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

<quoted text>
That doesn't speak to the issue, you jeeesus nutcase.
This isn't a theocracy. The principle of business owners not being able to discriminate has been clear for decades...which is about how far behind the culture your stupid, backwater mentality is. Business owners are still allowed to not like black people, or women, or the disabled - they're free to hate - they just can't discriminate.
Although I'd love to see a Unitarian business throw some fundie cranks out of her business for reasons of "religious" belief. Then we'd hear a different tune about all this from the fundie scum.
gee. You're not a bigot who uses stereotypes and refuses to acknowledge discrimination on whole. Only when it fits a phoney agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 721 - 740 of2,393
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Kawalski 12,071
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 9 hr HMT 123 2,777
Denver Zoning Against Tourism! (Oct '10) 23 hr Veronica 6
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) Thu Kawalski 1,226
To Obama; Wanna burn one? Wed Riparian 4
Colorado's gay marriage fight echoes drama in 1975 Wed carey529 1
Obama 'The Bear' Lets Loose in Denver, Will Mee... Wed Commander Bunny 2
•••
•••