Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 57903 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Jesus Latter Day Faints

Philadelphia, PA

#788 Jan 17, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up your ugly against American freedom.
Hey cretin, we know you deeply resent laws preventing business owners from having segregated lunch counters. We know that already.

If that bigot baker had ever refused service to some co habitating couple because they are "sinners" we'd know.

And fundie though you may be, you know that as well as all the better educated, smarter people do.
Jesus Latter Day Faints

Philadelphia, PA

#789 Jan 17, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>He violated Colorado Law.
He was found guilty. Under States 'Rights. I am an American and I will stand up for the Constitution too.
Hey poseur, you won't threaten to disobey the entire judicial system, though, like our good lil' buddies, the mentally ill, tee baggin' theocrats will.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#790 Jan 18, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>He violated Colorado Law.
He was found guilty. Under States 'Rights. I am an American and I will stand up for the Constitution too.
Step back from your gay bias. Now look and who lost rights in the situation? The gay couple or the baker...

Seriously try to be honest without the bias.

Level 6

Location hidden

#791 Jan 18, 2014
Jesus Latter Day Faints wrote:
<quoted text>Hey cretin, we know you deeply resent laws preventing business owners from having segregated lunch counters. We know that already.

If that bigot baker had ever refused service to some co habitating couple because they are "sinners" we'd know.

And fundie though you may be, you know that as well as all the better educated, smarter people do.
Lol... Comparing segregated lunch counters to a wedding cake for gays lack a great deal of educated thought and obvious lack of smart.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#792 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Comparing segregated lunch counters to a wedding cake for gays lack a great deal of educated thought and obvious lack of smart.
You are funny. They are both about public accommodation, you dolt.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#793 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Step back from your gay bias. Now look and who lost rights in the situation? The gay couple or the baker...
Who violated the law?
Xstain Fumblementalist

Philadelphia, PA

#794 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid filth, yes, the principle is the same: Places of public accommodation do not have a right to discriminate against protected groups.

You right wing filth are always saying something else - that businesses may "refuse service to anyone." I am demonstrating to your retardate noggin that that is not the case.

But the bigot baker is not acting out of any "religious" conviction. Since we're "all 'sinners'" we know he'd never sell any goods.

He, like you, merely has a sexual obsession regarding homosexuality. For which the only long term remedy is demographic death of fundie nitwits and other homophobic trash. However, in the meantime criminalizing their discriminatory actions is all well and good.

Level 6

Location hidden

#795 Jan 18, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Who violated the law?
That wasn't the question.

Level 6

Location hidden

#796 Jan 18, 2014
Xstain Fumblementalist wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stupid filth, yes, the principle is the same: Places of public accommodation do not have a right to discriminate against protected groups.

You right wing filth are always saying something else - that businesses may "refuse service to anyone." I am demonstrating to your retardate noggin that that is not the case.

But the bigot baker is not acting out of any "religious" conviction. Since we're "all 'sinners'" we know he'd never sell any goods.

He, like you, merely has a sexual obsession regarding homosexuality. For which the only long term remedy is demographic death of fundie nitwits and other homophobic trash. However, in the meantime criminalizing their discriminatory actions is all well and good.
I support gays better than you. You're just pissed I stand for ALL Americans even if I disagree.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#797 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the question.
The gay couple's rights were violated.
Xstain Fumblementalist

Philadelphia, PA

#798 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I support gays better than you. You're just pissed I stand for ALL Americans even if I disagree.
Nice troll, fundie bigot. Now go repent to jeeeshush for your bearing of false witness all the time.

By the way, if the baker weren't just a simple homophobe he'd have been doing the same thing regarding all "sinners."

But this is the cafeteria xstains way, the disgusting, outlier freaks.

“ reality, what a concept”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

this one

#799 Jan 18, 2014
Another self-professed good Christian baker, has found out that there is no right to discriminate in the name of God. The owner of Sweet Cakes by Melissa got the smack-down yesterday up in Oregon. When are these God blessed bigots going to recognize that the Constitution isn't about to give its blessing to what they do unto other?.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#800 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The baker exercised his rights. The couple were denied their right to equal accommodations and equal protection under State Law. They were denied equal protection under Federal law. The baker was not.

When you exercise your right to bear arms and kill someone you are still subject to the penalties the local authorities have available to them.

What part confuses you?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Born in Newark Ohio

#801 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So a small lie is OK. A minor crime is OK.

Stop trying to get in a pissing contest over who suffered more discrimination. The fact remains that under the law both cases are illegal.

Your side lost.

Deal with it.

Trying to wiggle out of that shows a lack of maturity and personal responsibility..

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Born in Newark Ohio

#802 Jan 18, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like telling someone who had a child killed by a drunk driver that they are being overly sensitive about it because the child wasn't raped and tortured to death.

Level 2

this one

#803 Jan 18, 2014
DNF wrote:
The baker exercised his rights. The couple were denied their right to equal accommodations and equal protection under State Law. They were denied equal protection under Federal law. The baker was not.
When you exercise your right to bear arms and kill someone you are still subject to the penalties the local authorities have available to them.
What part confuses you?
All of it, it's why I gave up. It's all just so perpetually confusing to them, but they are absolutely sure they are right.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Born in Newark Ohio

#804 Jan 18, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>All of it, it's why I gave up. It's all just so perpetually confusing to them, but they are absolutely sure they are right.
Yup.

So sad.

Thing is religion was one of the first things to be barred from using AS discrimination. This country was colonised by people fleeing religious persecution, yet the persecuted have become the persecutors.

Level 2

this one

#805 Jan 18, 2014
DNF wrote:
Yup.
So sad.
I tried for a few days, but that is one one mind oblivious to the obvious.
DNF wrote:
Thing is religion was one of the first things to be barred from using AS discrimination. This country was colonised by people fleeing religious persecution, yet the persecuted have become the persecutors.
Our founding fathers wanted a federal government neutral on the subject of religion, because they new darn well what was going on in the colonies/states. If it weren't for religious discrimination and persecution on this continent, there'd only be 9 original states. There were religious litmus tests of all sorts on the local and state level. The notion that we were actually a nation which accepted all faiths is pretty much a myth, there is a whole American history of some seriously ugly discrimination that went on. It wasn't until the Courts started making the Bill of Rights an obligation of the states did we start breaking this cycle.
d pantz

United States

#806 Jan 19, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I tried for a few days, but that is one one mind oblivious to the obvious.
<quoted text>Our founding fathers wanted a federal government neutral on the subject of religion, because they new darn well what was going on in the colonies/states. If it weren't for religious discrimination and persecution on this continent, there'd only be 9 original states. There were religious litmus tests of all sorts on the local and state level. The notion that we were actually a nation which accepted all faiths is pretty much a myth, there is a whole American history of some seriously ugly discrimination that went on. It wasn't until the Courts started making the Bill of Rights an obligation of the states did we start breaking this cycle.
too bad most discrimination is ignored unless its a non issue like marriage equality. If the government were truly "neutral on the subject of religion" as you word it, they wouldn't recognize any marriage.
lets hope they did

Villanova, PA

#807 Jan 19, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an American and I will stand up for the Constitution especially if the judge makes the wrong decision.
Based on your arguments you seem to believe this is religion vs gay, when it's Americans vs government.
I support gay pride events (even though they break numerous laws to "express" themselves) no matter how vulgar and repulsive I find it... I also support the baker no matter how vulgar and repulsive I find him.
It's not for the government to force upon us anyone belief.
Yeah,they could have put rat poison in the cake,or spit in the cake when they were sick with the Flu,or took a pee in the cake but they didn't or did they??? If I were those two I would have gone to a queer baker shop....but thank God I'm Normal....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep the Last Bit of Denver Open Space OPEN! 7 hr As I see it 2
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 20 hr Nemo 30,080
woman have you ever cought someone jacking off ... (Aug '15) Wed have fun 42
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Nov 13 Best Hackers Empire 744
Male on Female Facesitting topix? (Nov '16) Nov 13 Slveass 39
Why do people put their dirty shoes on chairs, ... (Sep '13) Nov 11 who 8
ISO Thomas Jefferson (TJ) Holley or Family of M... Nov 10 Lara Morton 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages