Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 38782 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#548 Jan 6, 2014
Xstain Mullah Fricassee wrote:
<quoted text>
You have borne false witness. My comments aren't about Christians, my comments are about deluded, fundie, xstain theocrats.
I have never advocated discrimination against fundie xstain loons. It is they who have openly practiced discrimination against glbt people in this case, in the issues of the military, adoption, employment protections and marriage. It's just the bigots equate, in their disordered minds, bigotry and calling out bigotry.
These are called "facts," you disgusting lier fer jeesus. We know who the bigots are from the evilgelicals' efforts to block equal rights in many contexts. And we also know the evilgelicals don't try to similarly block equal rights for those who covet or who disrespect their parents.
So they all merely have a sexual problem of homophobia, in particular. Their bigotry and their "bible beliefs" actually have nothing to do with scripture. Or they'd be making sure people who covet unrepentantly couldn't adopt or serve openly. They aren't.
Your posts speak for themselves. We see what you're about.

Level 6

Location hidden

#549 Jan 6, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey trash, where'd you run to?
The Constitution makes it clear this is not a theocracy. Muslim owned businesses don't get to bar christian women who aren't wearing head scarves, and chritianist fundie businesses don't get to bar those who violate the ten commodements by coveting...or couples who wish to get married.
Oh wait, the fundie freeeks - who are a sick subset of Christianity, meaning I don't hate "Christians" - don't even think to bar those who violate any of the commodements from buying their products. Just the homosexuals get this treatment, i.e., it's a psycho sexual issue, not a religious issue.
It’s not a sexual issue, it’s a wedding cake.

Is your hide chapped about A&E?
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#550 Jan 6, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s not a sexual issue, it’s a wedding cake.
Is your hide chapped about A&E?
We know it's a psycho sexual issue of homophobia, not any "religious" objection, because at not time have any of these fundie sc um acted anywhere near similarly regarding other "sinners."

And your reply, rather than offering an example of when a business rejected some person who covets or bears false witness to refute my charge, merely offers up the usual cretinous, fundie clinical denial.

Repulsive, you bigot. Reap what you sow - hate, defamation and discrimination.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#551 Jan 6, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts speak for themselves. We see what you're about.
They do, cretin, because unlike yours mine have content.

Now, back to the point, christianist hypocrite, when did you or the Duck trash of any other fundie use such over the top language as I quoted from the Duck trash about any other "sinnner"?

You freeeks are sexually sick and fixated bigots is all. I hope that baker has to pay tens of thousands and that he defies the court ruling.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#552 Jan 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiight.
Had I "hated" gays no less than a thousand of your bodies would litter the streets with bullet holes dumbass.
Gays are the biggest drama queens known.
And you gays have NOTHING in common with the struggles the blacks faced through time.
LOL!!!!
You're making the refusal of a WEDDING CAKE here akin to a school house of kids got murdered for being black.
You're sad. I mean SAD. Not only ar you sick in the head you're pathetically weak in your arguments.
Hold on there cupcake.

You said "WE" are making the refusal to bake a wedding cake akin to a school house of black children being burned. By "WE" I'm fairly sure you mean gays and lesbians and the heterosexuals who support fair treatment of gays and lesbians, not the people who actually made it a crime to discriminate based on religion.

"WE" didn't make this akin to such horrors. The good people of Colorado did. They understood that back in the good old days you are so fond of that putting up signs that said "Whites Only", "no coloreds allowed, "Irish need not apply" or painting the word "Juden" across a shop window, all spring from the same place: bigotry.

The good people of Colorado decided that gays and lesbians should have the same protections under Public Accommodation laws that whites, blacks, christians, muslims and jews all enjoy.

This isn't a religious freedom issue or a free speech issue. It about obeying the law where you live and work.

But if you really want to make this about religion, fine. Try these on for size:

Galatians 3:28 (ESV) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:16 (ESV) For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

Matthew 5:11 (ESV)“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

ROM 13:1-2 (ESV) Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
d pantz

United States

#553 Jan 6, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
They do, cretin, because unlike yours mine have content.
Now, back to the point, christianist hypocrite, when did you or the Duck trash of any other fundie use such over the top language as I quoted from the Duck trash about any other "sinnner"?
You freeeks are sexually sick and fixated bigots is all. I hope that baker has to pay tens of thousands and that he defies the court ruling.
sure your posts are just full of content. Way off topic and insulting content.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#554 Jan 6, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> sure your posts are just full of content. Way off topic and insulting content.
No, fundie cretin, it's exactly on topic.

This baker never refused a cake to a couple which co habitated before marriage, which took the lawd's name in vain, which had a history of divorce.

It's not about "scripture." It's about a personal, psycho sexual animus towards glbt people and their equal rights and dignity.

Okay, you moron, was that dumbed down enough for your fundie half mind yet? Or shall we keep trying?

As for insulting - that would be the bigots seeking to impose less than equal civil rights and defamation on glbt people. Don't whine if you start getting a taste of your own medicine, you crybaby fer jeeesush.

Level 6

Location hidden

#555 Jan 6, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>We know it's a psycho sexual issue of homophobia, not any "religious" objection, because at not time have any of these fundie sc um acted anywhere near similarly regarding other "sinners."

And your reply, rather than offering an example of when a business rejected some person who covets or bears false witness to refute my charge, merely offers up the usual cretinous, fundie clinical denial.

Repulsive, you bigot. Reap what you sow - hate, defamation and discrimination.
From the mouth of a bigot... But I support our Constitution for you to be free to be that way.

Level 6

Location hidden

#556 Jan 6, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>They do, cretin, because unlike yours mine have content.

Lol. You mean ignorance a bigotry... All the things you claim others to be. You're free to be a hate filled bigot.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#557 Jan 6, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You mean ignorance a bigotry... All the things you claim others to be. You're free to be a hate filled bigot.
Hey jeesus priss, you avoided the content again. And we know you did because you don't have an explanation.

Let's try agin', Cletus:

The Duck trash went on and on and on in the most defamatory ways about (male) homosexuals, while never using language remotely similar about most of the headlining _Commandments_. So again, we know he has a homosexual fixation, not some concern about scripture. Or else he'd be speaking the same way about every unrepentant "sinner."

Is that still too difficult and awkward for you to address, you slimy theocrat?

Oh, and you freeeks don't support free speech. You'll shut down Martin Bashir or a library book about gay parents or a gay/str8 alliance in a school the first second you can. You've born false witness fer jeeeshush again. You better repent, Cletus.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#558 Jan 6, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to your intellectual infirmity all you do is whine about name calling...while yourself name calling.

But you didn't address the content. Because you don't have the mind, the education or the critical thinking skills to do so. Also, there is no answer to my charge regarding christer bigots' selective application of their "religious beliefs."

“ reality, what a concept”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

this one

#559 Jan 6, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
Regulation is discrimination.
Can you come up with a more meaningless slogan, or is that the best you could come up with?
Respect71 wrote:
Based on your discriminatory opinion, same as the judge in this case.
You really should just give up at this point.
Respect71 wrote:
Not true, based on the 1st Amendment of our Constitution. Political correctness is a liberal concept to discriminate and impose beliefs and ideals upon others with zero to very little consequence to the discriminator.
Now you're just babbling. The reality remains that the baker still does not have a 1st Amendment right to violate the civil rights of others. The judge was right on the law and the constitution.
Respect71 wrote:
Agreed, however you have yet to show that not selling a wedding cake to a gay couple is “seriously ugly and potentially dangerous”.
Discriminating against someone, seriously ugly.
Respect71 wrote:
The allowance and exemption of indecency laws for gay pride events.
Complete bulll sh*t, there is no exemption from indecency laws at pride parades, liar.
Respect71 wrote:
No government, law or person can limit “disapproval”.
it
Respect71 wrote:
Because of the 1st Amendment of our Constitution he does.
An argument you keep claiming but haven't bothered to prove.
Respect71 wrote:
He is neither… He is an American.
He's an American who violated a constitutionally valid law. What an example.
Respect71 wrote:
The confusion is on your part… While you’re correct about “Places of worship are open to the public on the worshipers terms” a place of business is the same, open to the public on consumer’s terms. While the government does play a part in regulating for public safety it isn’t their responsibility to force a Christian store owner to sell a wedding cake to gay couples. The store is still a privately owned business and we the people have freedoms (NOT ABSOLUTE).
No dear, the only confusion here is your own and at this point it is willful. It is the government's interest to prevent discrimination in the public square, including not selling wedding cakes to gay couples.
Respect71 wrote:
There is nothing SPECIAL about a 1st Amendment right (NOT ABSOLUTE).
Infesting your lack of response to gay pride parades (of which I support because of our Constitution, and morally disapprove) and your dishonesty about them.
You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.
neutral

Zanesville, IN

#560 Jan 6, 2014
Business owners should be able to refuse service to anyone. After all, they are the ones losing money over loss of a sale. Why should the law mandate who a business can and can't refuse service?? Is this really the land of the "free"? I'm not bashing gay people, either. I'm neutral on the issue. I believe that gay couples should be able to marry. But, I also believe proprietors shouldn't be told how to run their business. We already have enough government intrusion in our lives now!
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#561 Jan 6, 2014
neutral wrote:
Business owners should be able to refuse service to anyone.
Well of course tee baggrz and fundies hate the Civil Rights Act of 64, even if they don't understand by making such a blanket statement they are inadvertently okay'ing discrimination in places of public accommodation on the basis of veteran's status, disability, religious belief, gender...and in enlightened parts of the country, perceived sexual orientation.

Also, most of these faux libertarians and all the faux Christian christianist theocrats would be the very first to scream if some muslim or buddhist or pagan or atheist owned business started publicly refusing service to fundamentalist christianists. They'd sue such a business the next day.

What you meant to say is, "I hate homosexuality, especially if I detect it in myself, and I should be able to be an anti glbt bigot."

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#562 Jan 6, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to prove nothing to you as a non-believer.
My beliefs and upbringing say it is a sin.
I will leave the judging to God and the courts, your sin will have no affects on my life nor my salvation.

Try proving it is not a choice. Seems to me you are free to chose to be queer or straight. Ergo it is very much a 'choice'.
In other words, you don't care whether something is true, just that it sounds good to you. Be honest.

If it is a choice, you can wake up tomorrow being horny for the same sex. Let me know how that goes...

Level 6

Location hidden

#563 Jan 7, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey jeesus priss, you avoided the content again. And we know you did because you don't have an explanation.
Let's try agin', Cletus:
The Duck trash went on and on and on in the most defamatory ways about (male) homosexuals, while never using language remotely similar about most of the headlining _Commandments_. So again, we know he has a homosexual fixation, not some concern about scripture. Or else he'd be speaking the same way about every unrepentant "sinner."
Is that still too difficult and awkward for you to address, you slimy theocrat?
Oh, and you freeeks don't support free speech. You'll shut down Martin Bashir or a library book about gay parents or a gay/str8 alliance in a school the first second you can. You've born false witness fer jeeeshush again. You better repent, Cletus.
The Duck trash went on and on and on in the most defamatory ways about (male) homosexuals, while never using language remotely similar about most of the headlining _Commandments_. So again, we know he has a homosexual fixation, not some concern about scripture. Or else he'd be speaking the same way about every unrepentant "sinner."” So therefore what?

“Is that still too difficult and awkward for you to address, you slimy theocrat?” He’s free, in this Country, to think, feel and say what he wants.

“Oh, and you freeeks don't support free speech. You'll shut down Martin Bashir or a library book about gay parents or a gay/str8 alliance in a school the first second you can.” It can be in a library, but force children to read it against their’s or the will of their parents, then that is a breach of our Constitution.

“You've born false witness fer jeeeshush again. You better repent, Cletus.” Daily and I pray for you as well.

Level 6

Location hidden

#564 Jan 7, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to your intellectual infirmity all you do is whine about name calling...while yourself name calling.
But you didn't address the content. Because you don't have the mind, the education or the critical thinking skills to do so. Also, there is no answer to my charge regarding christer bigots' selective application of their "religious beliefs."
A description of individual actions, like ignorance a bigotry, is a far cry from calling someone a “fundie troll”,“deluded, fundie, xstain theocrats.”,“disgusting lier fer jeesus.”,“trash”,“christer bigots'” or “christianist hypocrite”. In light of your comments to me and mine to you, it’s obvious who’s the bigot.

Level 6

Location hidden

#565 Jan 7, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
“Can you come up with a more meaningless slogan, or is that the best you could come up with?” I will concede it’s “meaningless” when you present just one regulation or law that doesn’t discriminate.

“You really should just give up at this point.” Sorry, our Constitution is clear.

“Now you're just babbling. The reality remains that the baker still does not have a 1st Amendment right to violate the civil rights of others. The judge was right on the law and the constitution.” He wasn’t but we will find out when the photographer case goes through no won’t we?

“Discriminating against someone, seriously ugly.” You mean how hospitals only let board certified doctors become surgeons? Discrimination is a fact of life.

“Complete bulll sh*t, there is no exemption from indecency laws at pride parades, liar.” Really? Do I need to post the specific images from a recent gay pride parade? You know I’m not lying, and that’s whats sad about your statement right now.

“it”...

“An argument you keep claiming but haven't bothered to prove.”...

“He's an American who violated a constitutionally valid law. What an example.” He violated the law because of our Constitution.

“No dear, the only confusion here is your own and at this point it is willful. It is the government's interest to prevent discrimination in the public square, including not selling wedding cakes to gay couples.” Not if it goes against the Constitution.

“You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.” I am proud to be an American, and support our 1st Amendment in this case as well as gay pride parades. The fact you favor one over the other... You should be ashamed.
FundieraiSing Mullahs

Philadelphia, PA

#566 Jan 7, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily and I pray for you as well.
First, learn how to quote posts so people don't think your writing my anti talibangelical arguments, you stupid bigot.

Second, you avoided the point again, Jethro.

Third, know that your passive aggressive "I will pray for you" horsesht means nothing coming from people who ignore all these other sins and focus all their psychological energy on all things homosexual. There's a lot of "sins," a lot of "unrepentant sinners," but you and the Duck filth only focus on your mental problem of homophobia.

Cafeteria, passive aggressive, bigoted christianists. Sub human refuse is what you fundie bigots are.
FundieraiSing Mullahs

Philadelphia, PA

#567 Jan 7, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A description of individual actions, like ignorance a bigotry, is a far cry from calling someone a “fundie troll”,“deluded, fundie, xstain theocrats.”,“disgusting lier fer jeesus.”,“trash”,“christer bigots'” or “christianist hypocrite”. In light of your comments to me and mine to you, it’s obvious who’s the bigot.
I never said you fundie sc um can't marry, serve openly, be protected from arbitrary firing, you stupid bigot.

And you avoided the point, you anti rational rube. The Duck trash does not go on and on about the evil and murderousness of other sinners. It's not about his pretend or your pretend scripture, it's about a psychological animus towards glbt people.

We're going to drive you bigots from polite society. Soon, on the internet will be the only place you backwards evilgelicals will be able to act out your sexual problem of anti gay bigotry. Praiz!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr Trevet 24,699
last post wins! (Feb '11) 2 hr Archie Bunker 26,132
Trump for President, He will win. watch Thu tbird19482 10
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Aug 24 3dpg 4
Nicole Dubois-Savage Aug 24 UIAC 1
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Aug 23 Cyberrjesus 670
News Clinton's Transition Team: A Corporate Presiden... Aug 23 vote for Jill Stein 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages