Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 35924 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#525 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You GO to Mardis Gras moron. It's a destination.
When a bunch of idiots want to sport their Hanes and thongs in public....
You are only complaining about the gay stuff (not even the topless lesbians.) You are not complaining about the similar, public displays heterosexuals engage in at their bacchanals.

This is because you have sexual problems. Otherwise you'd be complaining about Mardi Gras and Carnivale in the same way. You aren't.

And your mind went right to the male undergear...again. That's not my "opinion," that's what your mind demonstrably and repeatedly does.

You ignorant, self deluding bigot.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#526 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That or some of us really this this baker's case is an obvious illegitimate use of the law and an undue punishment given the "crime".
We know you're a bigot and hater and therefore you consider laws which infringe on your "right" to discriminate are illegitimate.

And we also know you feel the same way about laws saying private businesses can't discriminate against customers on the basis of race or gender or disability, because the principle is the same in all these laws. I also assume you're a rank racist and that that is also a reason you don't like these sorts of laws as established in the Civil Rights Act of '64.

BTW, didn't you lie earlier by claiming the CO law does not address sexual orientation? That is a "sin." And that "sin" is mentioned in the ten commodements. You better git rite wit jeebus, Cletus.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#527 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Go get married to some hairy man.
There's your sexual obsession with men showing again. Although we can tell this business of gay rights (you never mention lesbians) speaks to your core - your rhetoric, your sexual invocations, show this clearly.

Freedom of religion doesn't mean you get to take away the equal rights of others in a non theocracy. You, like most "religious" crazies, continue to confuse the US with a Christian theocracy.

And the fundies would come with pitchforks if jewish and muslim and hindu and pagan and atheist businesses started - for reasons of religious beliefs - tossing fundie xstains out on to the curb. So the xstain freeeks notion of "religious freedom" obviously only extends to xstain fundies, not to anyone else.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#528 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
On that you're right....Don't jaywalk in front of my car cupcake or I'll lube my undercarriage with some rainbow colored grease.
There's that lurid sexual material from you again. We sure know what's occupying your mind, if in the protective guise of being repelled. A genuine sickness, a closet thing.

You say I am right about these laws protecting all these groups from discrimination in places of public accommodation. But apparently you don't know what you're typing or mean what you're typing, because if you agreed with the principle of the Civil Rights Act (I am sure you don't from your braying about "private business,) then you would understand that this baker is a simple minded, theocratic, law breaking bigot. Whether he dwells on how gay men dress or frolic for 24 hours a day or doesn't. But he does.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#529 Jan 2, 2014
Xstain Mullah Fricassee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are only complaining about the gay stuff (not even the topless lesbians.) You are not complaining about the similar, public displays heterosexuals engage in at their bacchanals.
This is because you have sexual problems. Otherwise you'd be complaining about Mardi Gras and Carnivale in the same way. You aren't.
And your mind went right to the male undergear...again. That's not my "opinion," that's what your mind demonstrably and repeatedly does.
You ignorant, self deluding bigot.
Not the same.

Gay 'pride' parades invade populated urban areas whilst singular events like Mardis Gras take place at specific locations not where everyone lives.

Every city I've lived in, Denver, Columbus, San Francisco, Portland and now Sacramento gays think it their right to close main streets and clog traffic so they can let their dicks and asses be displayed to everyone from grannies to 5 year old toddlers.

And facts????

Here's a display of facts idiot;

Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#530 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>
There's your sexual obsession with men showing again. Although we can tell this business of gay rights (you never mention lesbians) speaks to your core - your rhetoric, your sexual invocations, show this clearly.
Freedom of religion doesn't mean you get to take away the equal rights of others in a non theocracy. You, like most "religious" crazies, continue to confuse the US with a Christian theocracy.
And the fundies would come with pitchforks if jewish and muslim and hindu and pagan and atheist businesses started - for reasons of religious beliefs - tossing fundie xstains out on to the curb. So the xstain freeeks notion of "religious freedom" obviously only extends to xstain fundies, not to anyone else.
Men aren 't hairy in comparison to smooth skinned women???
Really???

LOL!!!

I'm not in here espousing religion moron other than you need to respect others religion be it Christian, Jewish, Buddhism or if someone wants to freely believe in the Pink Snail of Happiness asshat.

Gays don't get it. They have their on form of 'religion'...hide the sausage...and if you don't believe in their "god" you need to step down.

See loser...it's not a gays world no more than it is anyone elses. You as a gay need to respect others in the same way you demand respect.

Unfortunately the modern QUEER doesn't get it.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#531 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>
There's that lurid sexual material from you again. We sure know what's occupying your mind, if in the protective guise of being repelled. A genuine sickness, a closet thing.
You say I am right about these laws protecting all these groups from discrimination in places of public accommodation. But apparently you don't know what you're typing or mean what you're typing, because if you agreed with the principle of the Civil Rights Act (I am sure you don't from your braying about "private business,) then you would understand that this baker is a simple minded, theocratic, law breaking bigot. Whether he dwells on how gay men dress or frolic for 24 hours a day or doesn't. But he does.
Whatever bullshit you can tell yourself to save you from taking Nyquil to get some sleep I guess.

This baker did break the law. But not to the extent of a jail sentence or heavy fine no more than thinking a jaywalker should be executed MORON. You gays got miffed and seem to think he should burn at the stake...you're out of line and being your sad hysterical broken wristed screaming selves again.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#532 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>
We know you're a bigot and hater and therefore you consider laws which infringe on your "right" to discriminate are illegitimate.
And we also know you feel the same way about laws saying private businesses can't discriminate against customers on the basis of race or gender or disability, because the principle is the same in all these laws. I also assume you're a rank racist and that that is also a reason you don't like these sorts of laws as established in the Civil Rights Act of '64.
BTW, didn't you lie earlier by claiming the CO law does not address sexual orientation? That is a "sin." And that "sin" is mentioned in the ten commodements. You better git rite wit jeebus, Cletus.
Riiight.

Had I "hated" gays no less than a thousand of your bodies would litter the streets with bullet holes dumbass.

Gays are the biggest drama queens known.

And you gays have NOTHING in common with the struggles the blacks faced through time.

LOL!!!!

You're making the refusal of a WEDDING CAKE here akin to a school house of kids got murdered for being black.

You're sad. I mean SAD. Not only ar you sick in the head you're pathetically weak in your arguments.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#533 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>
No, cretin, I am not the one saying businesses can refuse to serve fundie xstains or other groups. That is your backwards cohort regarding the exact same laws which, along with religion, protect on the basis of race and veteran's status and disability and gender and sexual orientation.
Also, I never said our insane, xstain mullahs cannot marry, adopt, serve openly, be protected from arbitrary firing.
You seem very confused about what constitutes hateful bigotry and who espouses the hateful bigotry.
Meanwhile, educated people may well revile kkk types and homophobes, the actual bigots. So you can quit your christianist, crocodile tears now.
Iím defending our Constitution... Your hate for Christians is apparent and your bigotry surpasses that of said baker.

Sad.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Hey homosexually fixated moron, go rail against Carnivale or Mardi Gras or your average night on a college campus anywhere if you want to find the equivalent of a gay pride parade.
I support these events and free expression.
You stand for hate and bigotry against Christians.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#535 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the same.
The reason "they're not the same" is that you have closet issues. There's as much heterosexual nudity and excess and pdas in the media and in the culture as there are gay pride parades, except the parades are localized to a specific time frame.

And Mardi Gras and Carnivale and the goings on at college campuses and str8 nude beaches are exactly the same for the people who live near those locations. You don't discount these examples of heterosexual excess because they're in specific locales, you discount them because you have a psycho sexual issue with (male) homosexuality, and this forms the basis of your apparent double standard.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#536 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Men aren 't hairy in comparison to smooth skinned women???
Really???
LOL!!!
I'm not in here espousing religion....
Actually, fundie troll, I noted your obsession with male secondary sex characteristics, i.e., that your mind needlessly dredged up the "hairy" men you can't stop thinking about.

That is different from my asserting which sex is or is not hairy. Both are equally hairy, of course, it's just that on average women's have finer and less dark hair, so illiterate rubes are confused about these secondary sex characteristics.

Of course the fundie christianists are espousing "religion," their "religion." That's the entire basis of their objection to marriage equality. Or at least provides the excuse for their psycho sexually based bigotry.

They'd sue the next second if some muslim business tossed christians out for "reasons of religious belief." This is just christianists behaving as though they have rights that other religions' members do not.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#537 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This baker did break the law.
That's not what you said before, when you bore false witness that the operative law did not mention sexual orientation. Of course we know it does. You better git rite wit jeesus fer ur lyin fer christ.

The baker won't go to jail, imo, unless it's for flagrant contempt of the court during the proceedings. He broke the law, but the main, actual punishment will be fines and costs and then the civil damages. So you either lied again or you're displaying your ignorance again.(You confused the range of possible sentences in the guidelines with what judges actually impose. This is true for criminal trials at every level of the system for every sort of alleged crime.)

Civil damages which are richly deserved and hilarious.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#538 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiight.
You admitted during a mini stroke or something that the baker broke the law. The principle of non discrimination in places of public accommodation is the same, whether or not veterans or the disabled or glbt people have experienced precisely the same bigotries that black Americans have.

I have no doubt from your comments about "private businesses" being able to do what they want that you also oppose the Civil Rights Act of 64. Scratch a homophobe, find a racist.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#540 Jan 2, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím defending our Constitution... Your hate for Christians is apparent and your bigotry surpasses that of said baker.
Sad.
You have borne false witness. My comments aren't about Christians, my comments are about deluded, fundie, xstain theocrats.

I have never advocated discrimination against fundie xstain loons. It is they who have openly practiced discrimination against glbt people in this case, in the issues of the military, adoption, employment protections and marriage. It's just the bigots equate, in their disordered minds, bigotry and calling out bigotry.

These are called "facts," you disgusting lier fer jeesus. We know who the bigots are from the evilgelicals' efforts to block equal rights in many contexts. And we also know the evilgelicals don't try to similarly block equal rights for those who covet or who disrespect their parents.

So they all merely have a sexual problem of homophobia, in particular. Their bigotry and their "bible beliefs" actually have nothing to do with scripture. Or they'd be making sure people who covet unrepentantly couldn't adopt or serve openly. They aren't.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#541 Jan 3, 2014
<quoted text>
You have borne false witness. My comments aren't about Christians, my comments are about deluded, fundie, xstain theocrats.
I have never advocated discrimination against fundie xstain loons. It is they who have openly practiced discrimination against glbt people in this case, in the issues of the military, adoption, employment protections and marriage. It's just the bigots equate, in their disordered minds, bigotry and calling out bigotry.
These are called "facts," you disgusting lier fer jeesus. We know who the bigots are from the evilgelicals' efforts to block equal rights in many contexts. And we also know the evilgelicals don't try to similarly block equal rights for those who covet or who disrespect their parents.
So they all merely have a sexual problem of homophobia, in particular. Their bigotry and their "bible beliefs" actually have nothing to do with scripture. Or they'd be making sure people who covet unrepentantly couldn't adopt or serve openly. They aren't.
And you're the one who determines who is a "deluded, fundie, xstain theocrat'.

Got it.

Now beat it and take that judges gown back to the costume shop you rented it from Skippy.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#543 Jan 4, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're the one who determines who is a "deluded, fundie, xstain theocrat'.
Got it.
Now beat it and take that judges gown back to the costume shop you rented it from Skippy.
There's no question who fundies are: They are anti rational bigots who contend that an internally contradictory text by many authors, with disputed versions, in many languages originally, written many years after the "events" described, in many translations by people with vested, sexual interests is somehow inerrant.

And they believe nonsense - such as the earth being thousands of years old - in the face of overwhelming fact to the contrary.

Of course sometimes they like to claim they aren't theocrats - they're lying - or that they are deluded - they clearly are. Anyone who knows the earth is more than 10000 years old by definition knows this about the fundies.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#544 Jan 4, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no question who fundies are: They are anti rational bigots who contend that an internally contradictory text by many authors, with disputed versions, in many languages originally, written many years after the "events" described, in many translations by people with vested, sexual interests is somehow inerrant.
And they believe nonsense - such as the earth being thousands of years old - in the face of overwhelming fact to the contrary.
Of course sometimes they like to claim they aren't theocrats - they're lying - or that they are deluded - they clearly are. Anyone who knows the earth is more than 10000 years old by definition knows this about the fundies.
We heard your opinion before.

Writing it on the chalkboard more than 2,901 times still won't make it any more than that...your opinion.

Now get lost Scooter.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#545 Jan 4, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We heard your opinion before.
No, that's the definition of a fundamentalist. They believe that internally contradictory, etc., text is infallible.

Which is obviously a crazy thing to believe. It isn't infallible.

What's your definition of a fundamentalist, you stupid rube?
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#546 Jan 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad.
Hey trash, where'd you run to?

The Constitution makes it clear this is not a theocracy. Muslim owned businesses don't get to bar christian women who aren't wearing head scarves, and chritianist fundie businesses don't get to bar those who violate the ten commodements by coveting...or couples who wish to get married.

Oh wait, the fundie freeeks - who are a sick subset of Christianity, meaning I don't hate "Christians" - don't even think to bar those who violate any of the commodements from buying their products. Just the homosexuals get this treatment, i.e., it's a psycho sexual issue, not a religious issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 5 hr tbird19482 23,218
106.7 kbpi is the worst morning show ever! (Feb '15) Mon Lupe M 577
last post wins! (Feb '11) Sun _FLATLINE-------- 25,913
Local Denver Street Gang Gets Exposure! (Mar '10) May 21 HUD GANG 302
News Colby Messer Sexually Assaulted Woman With Phon... May 16 Anthony Scarpuzzi... 2
Wells Fargo J walking 17th and Sherman May 16 dick 1
Mexicans (Mar '14) May 16 Rojue 67
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages