Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

Jun 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Post

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Comments
2,361 - 2,380 of 2,907 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>IOW he doesn't practice his religious beliefs very seriously when he can make money of abominations.
He just hopes no one notices his hypocrisy.
Epic Fail on his part.
“IOW he doesn't practice his religious beliefs very seriously when he can make money of abominations.” So it’s up to the Government to judge and force this man to do what the government thinks is right? Or is it up to you?

“He just hopes no one notices his hypocrisy.” Why do you think he needs Jesus?
Level 4

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
What quote? If you had, I’m sure it was one verse that you use out of context of the entire Bible, which is what many misguided people do.
"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance."
Leviticus 25:44
Respect71 wrote:

“primary justification by American slaveowners, who were Christians.” Again you need a history class.
Where's your rebuttal? It's missing. You keep saying I'm in error but you never correct it. "You're wrong" isn't a response. Try "You're wrong, because ________."
Respect71 wrote:

“How so? Were American slaveowners not Christians? Did they not appeal to the Bible as support for slavery?” Humanity is the primary justification for slavery.
Humanity is the primary justification for slavery? This sentence doesn't make any sense. It's like saying "The color of that truck is four." Humanity isn't a justification.
Respect71 wrote:

Just because Christians participated never made it a Christian justification.
No, the clear support in the Bible for slavery is the Christian justification.
Respect71 wrote:

“Simple: slavery contradicts secular values of freedom and compassion. Abolitionism picked up in the 18th century after the Enlightenment. Christians had been practicing slavery for 1500+ years by then - clearly Christianity wasn't much of an influence on stopping the practice.” You have a very poor understand of history. The abolitionist movement started in the 17th by Quakers and evangelical religious groups (CHRISTIANS) who condemned slavery as un-Christian. Then in the 18th century, abolition was part of the message of the First Great Awakening in the Thirteen Colonies which was a CHRISTIAN movement, and a short time after the rational thinkers of the Enlightenment claim slavery violate the rights of man.
You stole this text from wikipedia. That's very dishonest.

The early Christian-based movements towards abolition were small, and remained opposed by other Christians.
Respect71 wrote:

“You haven't said any difference!” Didn’t need to as the difference speaks for itself and you act as though there is none. I’m sure your ignorance bodes well for you in your circles.
The difference speaks for itself? You're such a coward. You can't answer anything so you just repeat the same garbage over and over.
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s irrelevant to you because you want to demonize the baker for hating gays, when he only has a problem with supporting an institution he doesn't believe in. I bet you believe Hobby Lobby had a problem with ALL contraceptives too.
Q. How do you LOOK RIGHT AT EXISTING Colorado LAW and PRETEND it doesn't EXIST???

A. ABUSE TECHIQUE -INVALIDATION-
ABUSERS
WIFE BEATERS
CHILD MOLESTERS
Families with PREVASIVE, repetitive INCEST
use this technique to psychologically trap and PREVENT victims from calling the POLICE
or even CALLING OUT for HEEEEeeeeeellllp !!!
I'm JUST SAYIN'!!! I see this all the time where defenseless People are being harmed by persons in positions of authority, control and trust.
ALLL THE TIME!!!
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I retract distain and replace with hatful, spiteful, and loathsome, and mostly UN-American.
And BTW..... lol ! I can't believe you said "stain"!
anyway, it's (right from Google search)
Even if miss spelled:

dis·dain

/dis&#712;d&#257;n/

noun

noun: disdain; plural noun: disdains

1. he feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.
"her upper lip curled in disdain"

synonyms: contempt, scorn, scornfulness, contemptuousness, derision, disrespect; More
disparagement, condescension, superciliousness, hauteur, haughtiness, arrogance, snobbishness, indifference, distaste, dislike, disgust

"she looked at him with disdain"

antonyms: respect

verb

verb: disdain; 3rd person present: disdains; past tense: disdained; past participle: disdained; gerund or present participle: disdaining

1. consider to be unworthy of one's consideration.
"gamblers disdain four-horse races"

synonyms: scorn, deride, pour scorn on, regard with contempt, sneer at, sniff at, curl one's lip at, look down one's nose at, look down on;
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

and -as anyone can see up there /\-
Dis.dain is a spectrum of abuse techniques.
Level 4

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s irrelevant to you because you want to demonize the baker for hating gays, when he only has a problem with supporting an institution he doesn't believe in.
It's irrelevant to the case. Some discrimination is still discrimination.
Respect71 wrote:
I bet you believe Hobby Lobby had a problem with ALL contraceptives too.
Hobby Lobby doesn't even know what the contraceptives they're fighting do.
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im truthful, consistent and an American, and your harsh vulgar word towards me doesn’t change these facts.
Gays should be allowed to “gay marry” and Americans should be allowed not to have the CHOICE to participate in gay institutions or not. Government shouldn’t punish Americans for the choice you wouldn’t make.
Real Denver wrote:
*Oh, I don't know*
it was just the most vulgar thing I could think of for a Denver cake shop.
O. K., The top quote, Just above
on the page
is illuminated because of the use of the word "vulgar".
Actually, there were some derogatory complements, But NOTHING "vulgar"

The bottom quote is me just being a smart-ass in reference to my comment about a Oakland Raiders wedding cake on my previous post-
Most Interesting.
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

The first quote is directed at lides and has NOTHING to do with my earlier rude humor about raiders wedding cake
-YET-
There's that same word directed at someone who didn't write a vulgar word about him Or the Denver Broncos Fans who may or may not work in any of the 10 cake shops in Denver Metro area
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

IF you go back to page 117 posts 2573 and 2574 you can see my use of the word "vulgar" in it's natural timing, sequence, and context.
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2014

Judged:

BTW:
I am a Raiders fan,
but Go Broncos!
Luv U Colorado
4EVER!
reference numbers

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

post #2609 is tagged with a 'Interesting'(orange star) Icon.
It's the one where "Respect71" (response) says "lides" uses a "vulgar" word. This is ABSOLUTELY false! I went back and re-read what "lides had written,...NO vulgar words or expressions whatsoever!
FOR all : The way this forum is designed allows it the used as an observatory, just like any real observatory we have on earth or in space. By using the page # and Posting # you can really get a better view of some not so easily observed BEHAVIORs and secretive
intentions which are best brought to light as quickly as possible.
I am observing and referencing the exchanges between Myself, Respect71 and others NOT to pick on JUST him, but to shed light on some things that need to be dealt with for ALLof US!!!
AN OBSERVATORY is a REALLY good way to SHOW people
THINGS they would NEVER SEE otherwise.
*Like a domestic violence situation BEFORE IT HAPPENS*
_Use the Obsrevatory /\
..........< O >

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
Im truthful, consistent and an American, and your harsh vulgar word towards me doesn’t change these facts.
You are consistent in your inconsistency. You regularly advocate for equal protection of the law, then turn on heel and advocate exemption for religious discrimination.
Respect71 wrote:
Gays should be allowed to “gay marry” and Americans should be allowed not to have the CHOICE to participate in gay institutions or not. Government shouldn’t punish Americans for the choice you wouldn’t make.
Here's a clue kiddo, what individuals choose to do is no one else's business.

Would you think it was reasonable to say that interracial couples should be able to "interracial marry" and Americans should be allowed not to have the CHOICE to participate in interracial institutions or not.

Your argument negates itself. At the same time, you argue for legal equality and the right to discriminate.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
And you are what? Glorious? Outstanding, understanding and caring for all Americans?
I'm not the one arguing in favor of legal discrimination.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one arguing in favor of legal discrimination.
Please check my previous postings
by Location (under the Name)
Hemet CA
I use the posting numbers to show an example Respect71 LYING about something YOU said:
"your harsh,'VULGAR' word against me" he says, then goes on about "gay marry"
I GOT this OBSERVED * HE LieD*_Post # 2609*
from what I can determine from all this _So far...
This guy, 71 n' all this...well
I hope you're just having fun with 'all this' like I am.
Just have fun
and have a great
day
<3
will use the name Hemet123
from now on to be of better assistance.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

10:00 AM pst On the Dot
and we just had A SMALL earth- quake!
COOOOLLLLL !!!
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

One Oakland Raiders' wedding cake-
*b - B-BBBbbb mmm mmm mmm....* coming right up!
<3
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

Hemet123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please check my previous postings
by Location (under the Name)
Hemet CA
I use the posting numbers to show an example Respect71 LYING about something YOU said:
"your harsh,'VULGAR' word against me" he says, then goes on about "gay marry"
I GOT this OBSERVED * HE LieD*_Post # 2609*
from what I can determine from all this _So far...
This guy, 71 n' all this...well
I hope you're just having fun with 'all this' like I am.
Just have fun
and have a great
day
<3
will use the name Hemet123
from now on to be of better assistance.
10:23 AM pst
Post # 2609 ( orange star)
is now second from last post at bottom page 118
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

10:38 AM pst
MY comments on Raider wedding cakes
And
MY stolen Vulgarity posts #2573 and #2574
are three down from top of page 117.
Elldwinia

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

Hemet123 wrote:
10:38 AM pst
MY comments on Raider wedding cakes
And
MY stolen Vulgarity posts #2573 and #2574
are three down from top of page 117.
So whats all the fuss did you find a pubic hair in your cake? Keep it as evidence and sue the s.o.b. baker for everything ruin his lively hood 10 years in prison doing hard time should be sufficient.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2014

Judged:

11:01 AM pst
Times and posting number wil ALWAYS work better than nuts and froots
BTW the lemon means OFF Topic -
There's NOTHING OFF Topic
about a Raiders wedding cake IT is a GOOD legal analogy: IF I go into a Denver Cake shop and ask for a Oakland Raiders' wedding cake
I really COULD piss someone OFFF who's already having a BAD day,
thinks I'm really intending to be rude and disruptive and asks me to just leave. OF COURSE I can sue him for denying me service because he
refuses make the cake or even continue with the situation.
Under Colorado law could complain he discriminated against me because i'm a Raider's fan.
Colorado Law protects
me - Raiders fan with a
DELIBERATELY OFFENSIVE cake to Denver Broncos Fans
AND
Charli n Dave with their "Morally" offensive to the Christian baker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 1 hr KarlVIIIII 1,289
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr KarlVIIIII 12,407
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) 3 hr michael lewis jones 141
last post wins! (Feb '11) 4 hr AmyFaith 24,640
Relocating advice Thu KyOhVa 9
horny moms (Oct '13) Thu Texannsaudi 6
How to survive an active shooter situation Wed Bev Jamison 3

Search the Denver Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••