Colo. gay discrimination alleged over...

Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

There are 30690 comments on the Denver Post story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Real Denver

Hemet, CA

#2615 Jul 4, 2014
and -as anyone can see up there /\-
Dis.dain is a spectrum of abuse techniques.
Level 4

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2616 Jul 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s irrelevant to you because you want to demonize the baker for hating gays, when he only has a problem with supporting an institution he doesn't believe in.
It's irrelevant to the case. Some discrimination is still discrimination.
Respect71 wrote:
I bet you believe Hobby Lobby had a problem with ALL contraceptives too.
Hobby Lobby doesn't even know what the contraceptives they're fighting do.
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

#2617 Jul 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im truthful, consistent and an American, and your harsh vulgar word towards me doesn’t change these facts.
Gays should be allowed to “gay marry” and Americans should be allowed not to have the CHOICE to participate in gay institutions or not. Government shouldn’t punish Americans for the choice you wouldn’t make.
Real Denver wrote:
*Oh, I don't know*
it was just the most vulgar thing I could think of for a Denver cake shop.
O. K., The top quote, Just above
on the page
is illuminated because of the use of the word "vulgar".
Actually, there were some derogatory complements, But NOTHING "vulgar"

The bottom quote is me just being a smart-ass in reference to my comment about a Oakland Raiders wedding cake on my previous post-
Most Interesting.
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

#2618 Jul 4, 2014
The first quote is directed at lides and has NOTHING to do with my earlier rude humor about raiders wedding cake
-YET-
There's that same word directed at someone who didn't write a vulgar word about him Or the Denver Broncos Fans who may or may not work in any of the 10 cake shops in Denver Metro area
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

#2619 Jul 4, 2014
IF you go back to page 117 posts 2573 and 2574 you can see my use of the word "vulgar" in it's natural timing, sequence, and context.
Real Denver

Hemet, CA

#2620 Jul 4, 2014
BTW:
I am a Raiders fan,
but Go Broncos!
Luv U Colorado
4EVER!
reference numbers

Hemet, CA

#2621 Jul 5, 2014
post #2609 is tagged with a 'Interesting'(orange star) Icon.
It's the one where "Respect71" (response) says "lides" uses a "vulgar" word. This is ABSOLUTELY false! I went back and re-read what "lides had written,...NO vulgar words or expressions whatsoever!
FOR all : The way this forum is designed allows it the used as an observatory, just like any real observatory we have on earth or in space. By using the page # and Posting # you can really get a better view of some not so easily observed BEHAVIORs and secretive
intentions which are best brought to light as quickly as possible.
I am observing and referencing the exchanges between Myself, Respect71 and others NOT to pick on JUST him, but to shed light on some things that need to be dealt with for ALLof US!!!
AN OBSERVATORY is a REALLY good way to SHOW people
THINGS they would NEVER SEE otherwise.
*Like a domestic violence situation BEFORE IT HAPPENS*
_Use the Obsrevatory /\
..........< O >

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2622 Jul 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
Im truthful, consistent and an American, and your harsh vulgar word towards me doesn’t change these facts.
You are consistent in your inconsistency. You regularly advocate for equal protection of the law, then turn on heel and advocate exemption for religious discrimination.
Respect71 wrote:
Gays should be allowed to “gay marry” and Americans should be allowed not to have the CHOICE to participate in gay institutions or not. Government shouldn’t punish Americans for the choice you wouldn’t make.
Here's a clue kiddo, what individuals choose to do is no one else's business.

Would you think it was reasonable to say that interracial couples should be able to "interracial marry" and Americans should be allowed not to have the CHOICE to participate in interracial institutions or not.

Your argument negates itself. At the same time, you argue for legal equality and the right to discriminate.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2623 Jul 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
And you are what? Glorious? Outstanding, understanding and caring for all Americans?
I'm not the one arguing in favor of legal discrimination.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2624 Jul 5, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one arguing in favor of legal discrimination.
Please check my previous postings
by Location (under the Name)
Hemet CA
I use the posting numbers to show an example Respect71 LYING about something YOU said:
"your harsh,'VULGAR' word against me" he says, then goes on about "gay marry"
I GOT this OBSERVED * HE LieD*_Post # 2609*
from what I can determine from all this _So far...
This guy, 71 n' all this...well
I hope you're just having fun with 'all this' like I am.
Just have fun
and have a great
day
<3
will use the name Hemet123
from now on to be of better assistance.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2625 Jul 5, 2014
10:00 AM pst On the Dot
and we just had A SMALL earth- quake!
COOOOLLLLL !!!
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2626 Jul 5, 2014
One Oakland Raiders' wedding cake-
*b - B-BBBbbb mmm mmm mmm....* coming right up!
<3
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2627 Jul 5, 2014
Hemet123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please check my previous postings
by Location (under the Name)
Hemet CA
I use the posting numbers to show an example Respect71 LYING about something YOU said:
"your harsh,'VULGAR' word against me" he says, then goes on about "gay marry"
I GOT this OBSERVED * HE LieD*_Post # 2609*
from what I can determine from all this _So far...
This guy, 71 n' all this...well
I hope you're just having fun with 'all this' like I am.
Just have fun
and have a great
day
<3
will use the name Hemet123
from now on to be of better assistance.
10:23 AM pst
Post # 2609 ( orange star)
is now second from last post at bottom page 118
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2628 Jul 5, 2014
10:38 AM pst
MY comments on Raider wedding cakes
And
MY stolen Vulgarity posts #2573 and #2574
are three down from top of page 117.
Elldwinia

San Jose, CA

#2629 Jul 5, 2014
Hemet123 wrote:
10:38 AM pst
MY comments on Raider wedding cakes
And
MY stolen Vulgarity posts #2573 and #2574
are three down from top of page 117.
So whats all the fuss did you find a pubic hair in your cake? Keep it as evidence and sue the s.o.b. baker for everything ruin his lively hood 10 years in prison doing hard time should be sufficient.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2630 Jul 5, 2014
11:01 AM pst
Times and posting number wil ALWAYS work better than nuts and froots
BTW the lemon means OFF Topic -
There's NOTHING OFF Topic
about a Raiders wedding cake IT is a GOOD legal analogy: IF I go into a Denver Cake shop and ask for a Oakland Raiders' wedding cake
I really COULD piss someone OFFF who's already having a BAD day,
thinks I'm really intending to be rude and disruptive and asks me to just leave. OF COURSE I can sue him for denying me service because he
refuses make the cake or even continue with the situation.
Under Colorado law could complain he discriminated against me because i'm a Raider's fan.
Colorado Law protects
me - Raiders fan with a
DELIBERATELY OFFENSIVE cake to Denver Broncos Fans
AND
Charli n Dave with their "Morally" offensive to the Christian baker.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2631 Jul 5, 2014
Elldwinia wrote:
<quoted text>
So whats all the fuss did you find a pubic hair in your cake? Keep it as evidence and sue the s.o.b. baker for everything ruin his lively hood 10 years in prison doing hard time should be sufficient.
Have the Law in Colorado changed- good luck :)
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2632 Jul 5, 2014
Elldwinia wrote:
<quoted text>
INSUFFICIENT!
Just Kidding -- You're being extreme - and your ability to be educated is being disrupted by the very website we're using right now.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2633 Jul 5, 2014
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#2634 Jul 5, 2014
Elldwinia wrote:
<quoted text>

6. If Phillips loses the case and refuses to comply with the order, he would face fines of $500 per case and up to a year in jail, his attorney said"
7. gotta find that commerce law if it exists
.....nooo rest for the wicked...
RE# 7
Colorado Law prohibits discrimination in places of public accommodation based on certain protected classes (characteristics). Examples of prohibited discriminatory practices include: terms of service; denial of full and equal service; intimidation; failure to accommodate; access; conditions; privileges; advertising; and retaliation. A place of public accommodation can be a: bar; restaurant; financial institution; school or educational institution; health club; theater; hospital; museum or zoo; hotel or motel; public club; retail store; medical clinic; public transportation; nursing home; recreational facility or park; and library.
Colorado law prohibits discrimination in places of public accommodation based on actual or perceived sexual orientation. By legal definition, sexual orientation means heterosexuality, homosexuality (lesbian or gay), bisexuality, and transgender status. Transgender status means a gender indentity or gender expression that differs from societal expectations based on gender assigned at birth.

Guess "Respect" has 'no respect' for the law. Just like the baker."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colorado is Going to Pot and Organized Crime 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
(./////// R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !!)))))) 7 hr Denver-3 1
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 7 hr tbird19482 21,214
last post wins! (Feb '11) 8 hr Red_Forman 25,479
News Colorado's battle over tax limits could shape f... 19 hr RustyS 1
Broncos Suck Sun Party_s Over My F... 43
News Denver youth-facility staffer charged with abuse (Jul '09) Sun Dimitras 182
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages