Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

Jun 6, 2013 Full story: Denver Post 3,307

Engaged gay couple Dave Mullins, second from left, and Charlie Craig, left, were joined by a small group of supporters in Lakewood on Aug. 4, 2012 to protest and boycott the Masterpiece Cakeshop at 3355 S. Wadsworth Blvd. The couple went to the cake shop, and the owner turned the couple away saying he would not make them a rainbow-themed wedding ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 166
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 6, 2013
Bigotry is bigotry no matter how you justify it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#3 Jun 7, 2013
This is the only bakery in Denver?

Go to another one, buy the cake and enjoy it.
No Way

Broomfield, CO

#6 Jun 7, 2013
I would close the shop, temporary go out of business, and tell all my customers waiting for their product why.
Leotis

Glendale, CA

#8 Jun 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
This is the only bakery in Denver?
Go to another one, buy the cake and enjoy it.
Nope, queers would rather go to a place they know doesn't cater to them just so they can scream discrimination and sue. F*cking queers are the scum of the earth.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#9 Jun 7, 2013
Leotis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, queers would rather go to a place they know doesn't cater to them just so they can scream discrimination and sue. F*cking queers are the scum of the earth.
Oh my, what it that on the bottom of your shoe? SH!T. You step in it everyday and prove it in these threads.....R1. Ya, you build up to one big pile of it.

As for the topic.....more then one bakery who would prob. do a cake for them.
b_rad_

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jun 7, 2013
Leotis wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, queers would rather go to a place they know doesn't cater to them just so they can scream discrimination and sue. F*cking queers are the scum of the earth.
I agree! They just wanted media attention and money! Also, let's not forget how they want to express their rights while suppressing others rights!
Double standards is their way of life!

Level 1

Location hidden

#11 Jun 24, 2013
Larry wrote:
Why should American society bow to the pressure of the 3% of the population that is homosexual? Homosexuality might be a lifestyle chosen by a few, but it is still morally wrong and disgusting.
Your opinion! Religion is a chosen lifestyle which the beliefs cannot be proven as fact.

Level 1

Location hidden

#12 Jun 24, 2013
No Way wrote:
I would close the shop, temporary go out of business, and tell all my customers waiting for their product why.
And prove what a bigot they are. Let them go ahead! I don't see how it would be any different than them doing that if they refused black customers, they'd just be proving they were racists.
bubba

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jun 24, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>And prove what a bigot they are. Let them go ahead! I don't see how it would be any different than them doing that if they refused black customers, they'd just be proving they were racists.
You don't see it because you're ignorant. Their religion is against homosexuality. Their religion isn't against black people. See how ignorant you are? Try to be less ignorant on things, you just make yourself found like an educated fool.
bubba

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Jun 24, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion! Religion is a chosen lifestyle which the beliefs cannot be proven as fact.
The opposite of religion cannot be proven as fact either. Your argument holds validity. You're sounding ignorant again.

Level 1

Location hidden

#15 Jun 24, 2013
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see it because you're ignorant. Their religion is against homosexuality. Their religion isn't against black people. See how ignorant you are? Try to be less ignorant on things, you just make yourself found like an educated fool.
I know religion is why people are biased against homosexuality and that is can be used to justify any form of bigotry. I know it was once used to condone slavery, segregation, and bans on interracial marriages, and to oppress blacks and women. I'm not ignorant and you don't know anything about me.

Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Jun 24, 2013
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
The opposite of religion cannot be proven as fact either. Your argument holds validity. You're sounding ignorant again.
Who are you to talk about ignorant with a screenname like Bubba? But the opposite of religion is real since religion cannot be proven. I can't see the air but I know it is there. Can you see God? I'm not a an atheist but religion is purely based on faith.
Dave

Romania

#17 Jun 24, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know religion is why people are biased against homosexuality and that is can be used to justify any form of bigotry. I know it was once used to condone slavery, segregation, and bans on interracial marriages, and to oppress blacks and women. I'm not ignorant and you don't know anything about me.
I'm not religious and I hate homosexuals.

Level 1

Location hidden

#18 Jun 24, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not religious and I hate homosexuals.
Since you are outspoken about how you feel why DO you hate homosexuals? Does it affect your life what consenting adults do?
bubba

West Helena, AR

#19 Jun 24, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>I know religion is why people are biased against homosexuality and that is can be used to justify any form of bigotry. I know it was once used to condone slavery, segregation, and bans on interracial marriages, and to oppress blacks and women. I'm not ignorant and you don't know anything about me.
Yes you are ignorant. Like the other poster said, I'm not religious either but I'm against it. Mainly because of their drama queen ways. Like the couple here being discussed. Why go to a place where you know it's against their religion? Merely for attention and free money! And you're so confused about religion it's ridiculous! This is America man, where does it say in any bible that the White man has dominance over the world? It doesn't. You're wrong!! Accept it and move on. That is what you said! You said against blacks, against gays, against women. But there is nowhere in the any bible that states the White man is dominance! see its not religion, that does all of that, it's the people trying to find a scape goat for their own agenda. Now homosexuality, yes it is, but the homosexuals knew before hand! They just wanted attention and the hopes of free money. No more credible than the welfare bums that can work but don't. This is America and you have a freedom of religion. If you don't like that move to North Korea, they are anti religion. You see how they are, let's see how happy you are there, ignorant fool.

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#20 Jun 27, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
And prove what a bigot they are. Let them go ahead! I don't see how it would be any different than them doing that if they refused black customers, they'd just be proving they were racists.
And what if they refused some pervert who came in and wanted a big penis decoration on their cake? I suppose in your opinion, they'd have to accommodate him even though it's offensive and against their values. Or maybe in this case, you think the owner would have the right of refusal because it has nothing to do with advancing your gay agenda.

Level 1

Location hidden

#21 Jun 27, 2013
You people just consider gays to be inferior and you will never change so you aren't worth arguing with.
bubba

West Helena, AR

#22 Jun 27, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>And what if they refused some pervert who came in and wanted a big penis decoration on their cake? I suppose in your opinion, they'd have to accommodate him even though it's offensive and against their values. Or maybe in this case, you think the owner would have the right of refusal because it has nothing to do with advancing your gay agenda.
You're so right! The gays are all about double standards. That's their motto I think.
bubba

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Jun 27, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
You people just consider gays to be inferior and you will never change so you aren't worth arguing with.
I don't consider them inferior. That's just your perception I guess. I just just sick of the double standards. Like this scum couple. It's ok for them to exploit gay rights, which as they should. But to go to a bakery you admitted to already having problems with it, that's just for attention and money! Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Such Drama Queens. And that part to me is pathetic.

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#24 Jun 28, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
You're the textbook definition of a "bigot". End your hatred and intolerance. You'll feel better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 166
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 19 hr positronium 12,546
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) 20 hr Eaddae 305
9news: USGS: Oil, gas at fault for Colo. earth... Fri Bev Jamison 1
ISSL - Bushes legacy. What is the lure? Fri Bev Jamison 2
Denver Dispatch'Awesome' Michelle Obama Thrills... Fri disgruntled reader 1
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) Wed sss 4,216
Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Sep 17 Dad 1,110
•••
•••
•••