21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#21 Aug 10, 2013
Landlord wrote:
It was a condition on the lease! If he didn't like it, he didn't have to move in. Everybody, especially you folks in Colorado, is rightfully concerned there may be a George Zimmerman in their neighborhood, or more like Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and James Holmes lurking in the shadows.
My guess is that this guy was showing them off, making sure people knew he was armed and still a lean, mean "killing machine," and not to mess with him because he has a "constitutional right" to stand his ground (wherever he happens to be) and blow holes in people he suspects may be up to no good, which makes people nervous.
Gotta side with the property owner on this.
Shallow thinking like this demonstrates WHY our country is going in the toilet. You just don't get it and I don't think you ever will. Here's MY take on it; if YOU don't like Colorado's way of dealing with things, YOU get out! There are certainly plenty of states where you'll be welcome with those views. No need to go round to each state to ruin it.

Why go where your views aren't wanted except to force yourself on others.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#22 Aug 10, 2013
Landlord wrote:
It was a condition on the lease! If he didn't like it, he didn't have to move in. Everybody, especially you folks in Colorado, is rightfully concerned there may be a George Zimmerman in their neighborhood, or more like Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and James Holmes lurking in the shadows.
My guess is that this guy was showing them off, making sure people knew he was armed and still a lean, mean "killing machine," and not to mess with him because he has a "constitutional right" to stand his ground (wherever he happens to be) and blow holes in people he suspects may be up to no good, which makes people nervous.
By the way, don't come to Virginia. We don't want you either.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#23 Aug 10, 2013
Landlord wrote:
We have enough section eight welfare saps.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#24 Aug 10, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't be enforced. It's based on the honor system, that someone would be honest enough and give up their gun. If it were me I'd keep the gun and just not say anything, they wouldn't know the difference.
Really? I got one organization for you: DHS. Don't think they can't come in your town and try to enforce it. NEVER trust them.

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#25 Aug 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, don't come to Virginia. We don't want you either.
Or West Virginia, we going enough free loading trash as it is.

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26 Aug 11, 2013
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#27 Aug 11, 2013
Prolol Tart wrote:
http://youtu.be/PF7zjPTmvAQ
The Beatles
?

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29 Aug 11, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Glitch. Wrong thread. >Shrugs<
;)
Landlord

Blairsville, GA

#30 Aug 12, 2013
mr goodwrench wrote:
<quoted text>

They make rules that can't be enforced.
No question about that! Just don't overlook....

By stipulating in writing that guns are NOT allowed under the terms of the lease, the property owner is sealing up a legal technicality in a never-ending effort to cover his (financial) ass from blood sucking vultures who try to get a little something for nothing after a tragic event happens on their property. By putting in writing that guns ARE allowed, on the other hand, amounts to signing, post dated blank checks (which lawyers would be only to happy to fill out).

The lease on the commercial property we own in your back yard is twenty-eight, single spaced legal pages long and addresses some really weird things, but the issue of guns isn't mentioned for that reason.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#31 Aug 12, 2013
Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
No question about that! Just don't overlook....
By stipulating in writing that guns are NOT allowed under the terms of the lease, the property owner is sealing up a legal technicality in a never-ending effort to cover his (financial) ass from blood sucking vultures who try to get a little something for nothing after a tragic event happens on their property. By putting in writing that guns ARE allowed, on the other hand, amounts to signing, post dated blank checks (which lawyers would be only to happy to fill out).
The lease on the commercial property we own in your back yard is twenty-eight, single spaced legal pages long and addresses some really weird things, but the issue of guns isn't mentioned for that reason.
This is all just sick. Say goodbye to the simple contract between one honest man and another.
Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#32 Sep 8, 2013
Documented Citizen wrote:
I got an idea. Why don't the apartment complex just hang up a sign that says safe zone for robbers, murderers and rapists. Any place that advertises that they are a gun free zone is just asking for it because the bad guys that do have guns know nobodys gonna shoot back.
Anybody that would live there is plum stupid.
Exactly. The bad guys don't pay attention to gun laws.

“"One page at a time"”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#33 Sep 9, 2013
i say ban guns, but not until all the illegal ones are off the street, starting with the gangs, that will take decades to do alone, if its even possible, if we ban guns, then we take away our protection from gangs that get their guns illegally rendering us helpless.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#34 Sep 9, 2013
The Trolling Troll wrote:
i say ban guns, but not until all the illegal ones are off the street, starting with the gangs, that will take decades to do alone, if its even possible, if we ban guns, then we take away our protection from gangs that get their guns illegally rendering us helpless.
So tell me, do you have a unicorn that craps Skittles?

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#35 Sep 9, 2013
Never will I surrender any of my firearms.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

#36 Sep 9, 2013
By the way, you should LEARN from countries like Britain. If not, why not move there? Guns are not allowed and surveillance is everywhere. Just the place for you-one way ticket.

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#37 Sep 18, 2013
Turn in guns?...if someone is stupid enough to give up their guns then that's on them. I'm sure all the criminals will be in line right behind you.

Personally? Hell i vote on burying them (or just a couple of them)... Check out www howtoburyyourstuff dot com.

Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#38 Oct 12, 2013
"This year will go down in history. For the first time in history a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" Adolph Hitler 1935

Any questions?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Wondering 2,961
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) 6 hr curious 37
annette marion tortures w/cpms yvette handfield... 6 hr ANNETTE MARION KI... 1
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 7 hr Jammercolo 1,298
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 11 hr Hannah V 4,211
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 12 hr joanNYadoptees 2,787
last post wins! (Feb '11) Wed AmyFaith 24,645
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search