Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

So, how about that apartment complex near Denver that says,'You want to live here? NO GUNS.'

Saw this piece on the Glenn Beck site this morning.
Seems like this liberal crap is spreading like a disease. First California, then Oregon, Washington, guess it's YOUR TURN Colorado!

You can't just lay down and take this. This is a clear violation of your second amendment rights according to the U.S. Constitution!

You could spread the word and boycott the facility, but then guess what-- the damn libs will move right in. A little at a time your whole state gets taken over. They can't just stay in one state and ruin it. They take over the country if they can.

Get a lawyer! Call the ACLU for cryin out loud, do something but let that complex know that they have
NO RIGHT to take over your constitutional rights; period.

“Low Information Outreach”

Level 3

Since: Jun 12

Under the Castle Rock

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

What they don't know about won't get their panties in a wad.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Trolli wrote:
What they don't know about won't get their panties in a wad.
Who are "they"?
The Thinking Man

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Either the law is unconstitutional or the constitution is unlawful. It's pretty scary when you think about it.
Truth

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

The Thinking Man wrote:
Either the law is unconstitutional or the constitution is unlawful. It's pretty scary when you think about it.
There is no question when you know that the U.S. constitution is SUPPOSED to be the law of the land- that is ALL the states.

Funny in school they told us that the job of the U.S. supreme court was to decide once and for all whether something was lawful or not, and the laws were SUPPPOSED to be weighed against the constitution to see if they would stand or not. Did they LIE to us? Or did things "change" so drastically that the constitution is turned upside down to really make no difference? I think the latter.

According to some, the U.S. has the highest prison population, and we have law after law, after law. So it's not that we NEED new laws. One has to ask whether or not those laws are right. We don't do that.

I learned a long time ago that what is JUST and what is LEGAL are two different things. Sad; and yes, dangerous.

Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

I got an idea. Why don't the apartment complex just hang up a sign that says safe zone for robbers, murderers and rapists. Any place that advertises that they are a gun free zone is just asking for it because the bad guys that do have guns know nobodys gonna shoot back.

Anybody that would live there is plum stupid.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Documented Citizen wrote:
I got an idea. Why don't the apartment complex just hang up a sign that says safe zone for robbers, murderers and rapists. Any place that advertises that they are a gun free zone is just asking for it because the bad guys that do have guns know nobodys gonna shoot back.
Anybody that would live there is plum stupid.
What you say is a fact. They've interviewed criminals and they say they pass up doors that say there's a gun inside, in other words they target suckers without guns.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

On another thought and what appears to be a turncoat on my comment above, I didnt know this item was on Glenn Beck. He makes up crap. Consider the source. If I see it on local news that would be different.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Revision to prior post:

I've found it on 9news:

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx...

Carry on then.

Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Douglas county commissioners did the right thing. No gun ban after all.

http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx...
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Good. The scums.
proud latino

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Great work Colorado keep up the good work,if they don't like it they can move out. I keep the 2nd amendement in the bathroom called toilet paper and all my weapons in a gun cabinet.

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

It would have been challenged in court and they would have lost anyway.
They saved the tax payers a lot of money by not going to court.
Landlord

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

It was a condition on the lease! If he didn't like it, he didn't have to move in. Everybody, especially you folks in Colorado, is rightfully concerned there may be a George Zimmerman in their neighborhood, or more like Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and James Holmes lurking in the shadows.

My guess is that this guy was showing them off, making sure people knew he was armed and still a lean, mean "killing machine," and not to mess with him because he has a "constitutional right" to stand his ground (wherever he happens to be) and blow holes in people he suspects may be up to no good, which makes people nervous.

Gotta side with the property owner on this.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Landlord wrote:
It was a condition on the lease! If he didn't like it, he didn't have to move in. Everybody, especially you folks in Colorado, is rightfully concerned there may be a George Zimmerman in their neighborhood, or more like Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and James Holmes lurking in the shadows.
My guess is that this guy was showing them off, making sure people knew he was armed and still a lean, mean "killing machine," and not to mess with him because he has a "constitutional right" to stand his ground (wherever he happens to be) and blow holes in people he suspects may be up to no good, which makes people nervous.
Boo.

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Landlord wrote:

A condition?
How in the hell would you in force it anyway?
Search everybody coming in and a once a day apartment search of each and every unit?
Give me a break!
They make rules that can't be enforced.
Stupidity abounds with the ones in power.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

mr goodwrench wrote:
<quoted text>
A condition?
How in the hell would you in force it anyway?
Search everybody coming in and a once a day apartment search of each and every unit?
Give me a break!
They make rules that can't be enforced.
Stupidity abounds with the ones in power.
It can't be enforced. It's based on the honor system, that someone would be honest enough and give up their gun. If it were me I'd keep the gun and just not say anything, they wouldn't know the difference.

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>It can't be enforced. It's based on the honor system, that someone would be honest enough and give up their gun. If it were me I'd keep the gun and just not say anything, they wouldn't know the difference.
I'm with you on that.
And you know the bad guys would give up their guns.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

mr goodwrench wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you on that.
And you know the bad guys would give up their guns.
Dont they always. They're so nice.
:-)

“Do unto others before”

They do unto you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>Dont they always. They're so nice.
:-)
Yep!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 6 hr KarlVIIIII 12,257
wheres the pain meds? 7 hr jrmdawrm123 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Sun Frankie Rizzo 2,567
The horrible murder of Brandy Duvall. (Aug '11) Sun Another bitch 39
Gina Kurfis (Oct '13) Sun Another bitch 4
The Entertainment Industry is Bringing Decadenc... Sun Commander Bunny 4
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) Sun _satan_64 2,784
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Denver County was issued at July 28 at 1:40PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••