Former school district employee accused of stealing more than $...

Full story: KUSA Denver 66
" A former employee with Adams County School District 14 faces charges of theft, embezzlement and forgery. Full Story
Chain Hang Low

Englewood, CO

#28 Sep 7, 2007
nowwhat wrote:
Why are they not auditing every year? 6 years between audits is way too long.
I totally agree with you! It took them 6 Years.... Dang! I guess things eventually catch up with you, but I'm surprised she was still around.
Les J

Denver, CO

#29 Sep 7, 2007
What I want to know is why didn't they mention this person's age or religion? I guess they only do that when they want to disgrace a class of people.
Whiteys

Longmont, CO

#30 Sep 7, 2007
GWB - not in Kentucky wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with racist?
That moron knows what I'm talking about. He or it is always posting some racist comments on other forums. You know tyical coward wihtout a cause.
Whiteys

Longmont, CO

#31 Sep 7, 2007
John M wrote:
<quoted text>
go kill yourself.
That's it? That's all you got? What a pathetic troll. Most good one's will usually be more creative. You are a defeat onto yourself. I think you already know that though because otherwise how could you make such stup!d comments. You tell everyone to kill themselves it must be because you don't want to be the only one.
GSXR Chick

United States

#32 Sep 7, 2007
Iggy wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? you hope she gets away with STEALING? WOW I don't care how underpaid anyone is, it is WRONG to steal.
Exactly....find another career field if the one you are in now doesn't pay you enough!
whatever

Denver, CO

#33 Sep 7, 2007
Commerce City Tax Payer wrote:
This is the 2nd time that this school district has had an embezzlement (at least that has been on the news!) First it was Katie Squair and now this woman. Who is watching the till over there anyway? This school district is so dysfunctional in so many ways - has anyone ever watched the taped board meetings on the local channel 8 - they are a joke, more like a soap opera than a board meeting! How has John Lange remained superintendent for so long in a school district that is so poorly run? I am fed up with my taxes going to fund a school district run-amuck! What more will it take for a change in administration???
the way i see it you should move to a different city. you can not place all the blame on one person. i am very in tuned with this city, and many aspects of it. i think you need to get your head out of you A $$ and get all the facts before you go shouting out names of people.
JEFF

Denver, CO

#34 Sep 7, 2007
Government is too big, nobody has time to watch and most of them too stupid anyway, that's why they work for the government.
I love it when they say such and such has made an accounting error of around 6 million $ or so.
That's quite a mistake now isn't it.
I go nuts when my checkbook does not balance to the penny.
Oh by the way since this is a school problem lets blame the teachers shall we.
We give the government money and they steal it, that about sums it up.
Be sure and vote yes on the increased taxes there is no end to.
Fed Up

Denver, CO

#35 Sep 7, 2007
When is someone going to do something about this awful school district? They can't manage their money, they can't keep their kids in school to graduate, they can't get their CSAP scores anywhere near where they should be - I thought after years of failing some outside entity would come in take over - if you're out there - PLEASE SEND HELP!!! The current administration is a failure, it's easy for anyone to see that.

Since: May 07

Wellington Colorado

#36 Sep 7, 2007
Fellow taxpayers, say goodbye to 350K of your hard earned dollars. They'll never get it back.
a requested voter

Monument, CO

#37 Sep 7, 2007
and they don't trust CLA. you better watch your house. before you bitch about our house.
Thea

United States

#38 Sep 7, 2007
Who is in charge of auditing the books for Adams County Schools? That person should be fired for dropping the ball.

It took 6 years before they realized she was stealing from them?

No wonder the school district never has any money. The employees are busy helping themselves to the free retirement fund.
Commerce City Taxpayer

Denver, CO

#39 Sep 7, 2007
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
the way i see it you should move to a different city. you can not place all the blame on one person. i am very in tuned with this city, and many aspects of it. i think you need to get your head out of you A $$ and get all the facts before you go shouting out names of people.
Move to a different city - now who's talking out their A$$?? Should I not expect the Superintendent of the school district to know what is going on in his finance department? If you were at all as tuned into the city as you say you are, you should know what a train wreck that school district is and has been for years!
whatever

Denver, CO

#40 Sep 7, 2007
Fed Up wrote:
When is someone going to do something about this awful school district? They can't manage their money, they can't keep their kids in school to graduate, they can't get their CSAP scores anywhere near where they should be - I thought after years of failing some outside entity would come in take over - if you're out there - PLEASE SEND HELP!!! The current administration is a failure, it's easy for anyone to see that.
i guess if you really knew what you were talking about you would know that this school dist has top CSAP scores, and recieved national honors for it. get a clue.
Thea

United States

#41 Sep 7, 2007
Gordo wrote:
She should have been arrested for sher stupidity! Who steals money and puts it in your personal checking account?
What's more hilarious is it took the school district 6 years to figure it out! She's writing their checks to herself and nobody is the wiser.

What an embarressment to Adams County.
Thea

United States

#42 Sep 7, 2007
Commerce City Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to a different city - now who's talking out their A$$?? Should I not expect the Superintendent of the school district to know what is going on in his finance department? If you were at all as tuned into the city as you say you are, you should know what a train wreck that school district is and has been for years!
Well said. I doesn't look like anybody over there was paying attention to whose keeping the books.
Commerce City Taxpayer

Denver, CO

#43 Sep 7, 2007
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess if you really knew what you were talking about you would know that this school dist has top CSAP scores, and recieved national honors for it. get a clue.
You need to get a clue. They got an award because they were so damn low to begin with, when they came up at all it was astounding! Here's the stats on the Colorado Dept of Ed. Website, read 'em and weap!

http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeassess/document...
Flaccid Member

Colorado Springs, CO

#44 Sep 7, 2007
Commerce City Tax Payer wrote:
This is the 2nd time that this school district has had an embezzlement (at least that has been on the news!) First it was Katie Squair and now this woman. Who is watching the till over there anyway? This school district is so dysfunctional in so many ways - has anyone ever watched the taped board meetings on the local channel 8 - they are a joke, more like a soap opera than a board meeting! How has John Lange remained superintendent for so long in a school district that is so poorly run? I am fed up with my taxes going to fund a school district run-amuck! What more will it take for a change in administration???
No one's watching the till. This is Commerce City we're talking about. You know, the absolute armpit of the metro area. 3/4 of the population are missing teeth and have IQ's of below 40. This will continue to happen again and again and again....
teachers pet

Aurora, CO

#45 Sep 7, 2007
That is what happen's when the teacher's do not get a pay raise. That has to be a tough job, I could not do it. I would send all students out to pasture.
Ohhhhhh nooooo

Broomfield, CO

#46 Sep 7, 2007
that BEOTCH IS IN ARUBA on the beach right now. Good job government employees, glad I can trust you. BAHAHAHAAHA
GSXR Chick

Denver, CO

#47 Sep 8, 2007
teachers pet wrote:
That is what happen's when the teacher's do not get a pay raise. That has to be a tough job, I could not do it. I would send all students out to pasture.
I don't think she was a teacher, most likely to be able to steal all that money she was an administrative employee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 26 min mjjcpa 14,441
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 6,177
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 1 hr swedenforever 70
Local Denver Street Gang Gets Exposure! (Mar '10) 1 hr AZTRO1 265
last post wins! (Feb '11) 9 hr mr goodwrench 24,876
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) 15 hr bombs over mexico 164
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 16 hr Swedenforever 96
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:45 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:45PM