Former school district employee accus...

Former school district employee accused of stealing more than $...

There are 66 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Sep 6, 2007, titled Former school district employee accused of stealing more than $.... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" A former employee with Adams County School District 14 faces charges of theft, embezzlement and forgery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Little ole me

United States

#1 Sep 6, 2007
She heard PERA was going broke ad wanted her share now!
concerned

Longmont, CO

#2 Sep 6, 2007
No wonder they supposedly never had any money, she took it.
seejay

Sweden

#5 Sep 7, 2007
And this is what the Dems want to do with medical care!

END BIG GOVERNMENT NOW!
Jeff

Berthoud, CO

#6 Sep 7, 2007
sounds like something the st vrain valley district would pull...

Since: May 07

Westminster

#7 Sep 7, 2007
With "Key" internal controls missing, fraud is always going to be present in any organization. Internal Audit is a critical function in an organization to help mitigate against this type of risk.
Made in USA

Aurora, CO

#9 Sep 7, 2007
Imagine that? Adams County: The cops, the City Council, Highline Canal representatives etc.....

CROOKED CROOKED CROOKED
resident

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 7, 2007
That is very strange, the district was upset with the charter school when something like this happened 2 years ago, yet it was going on right under there nose in there own building. They are so against the charter school they wont even approve the contract they submitted to get there school built without district money, but they are dragging their feet on the charter school, may be they should look at themselvs and see they are not perfect. This school district school board needs major help, we need someone in the board who is there for the kids.
Iggy

Broomfield, CO

#11 Sep 7, 2007
John M wrote:
I hope she did it and I hope she gets away with it.
Employees of our schools are way underpaid and our judges are way overpaid.
But if she's a democrat, she should get the death penalty.
WHAT? you hope she gets away with STEALING? WOW I don't care how underpaid anyone is, it is WRONG to steal.
LE Supporter

Aurora, CO

#12 Sep 7, 2007
John M wrote:
If that's what you truly believe, then you're no better than she is.
nowwhat

United States

#13 Sep 7, 2007
Why are they not auditing every year? 6 years between audits is way too long.
Whiteys

Louisville, CO

#14 Sep 7, 2007
John M wrote:
SOooo you are not just a racist but a thief also. Such hypocrisy from such a loser is not surprising. Conveniently wanting to have someone get away with crime is anti-American. You are an embarrasement to all good law abiding Americans.
WOW

Cedar Rapids, IA

#15 Sep 7, 2007
How come it took $300,000.00 later? The employee must have been watched for sometime. That's a lot of doe.
denverguy

United States

#16 Sep 7, 2007
John M wrote:
yeah. that makes sense, you dolt.
Commerce City Tax Payer

Denver, CO

#17 Sep 7, 2007
This is the 2nd time that this school district has had an embezzlement (at least that has been on the news!) First it was Katie Squair and now this woman. Who is watching the till over there anyway? This school district is so dysfunctional in so many ways - has anyone ever watched the taped board meetings on the local channel 8 - they are a joke, more like a soap opera than a board meeting! How has John Lange remained superintendent for so long in a school district that is so poorly run? I am fed up with my taxes going to fund a school district run-amuck! What more will it take for a change in administration???
Iggy

Broomfield, CO

#22 Sep 7, 2007
John M wrote:
<quoted text>
shutup you crybaby.
LOL You aren't even worth a Biteme
denverguy

United States

#23 Sep 7, 2007
John M wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be a demorat. if that's the case, go kill yourself.
I will if you will. That'd be worth it.
Gordo

Aurora, CO

#24 Sep 7, 2007
She should have been arrested for sher stupidity! Who steals money and puts it in your personal checking account?

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Nashville, TN

#25 Sep 7, 2007
I can't believe all of you responded to that pathetic troll.
If you throw a stick, I bet he'll go away.
nowwhat

United States

#26 Sep 7, 2007
Commerce City Tax Payer wrote:
This is the 2nd time that this school district has had an embezzlement (at least that has been on the news!) First it was Katie Squair and now this woman. Who is watching the till over there anyway? This school district is so dysfunctional in so many ways - has anyone ever watched the taped board meetings on the local channel 8 - they are a joke, more like a soap opera than a board meeting! How has John Lange remained superintendent for so long in a school district that is so poorly run? I am fed up with my taxes going to fund a school district run-amuck! What more will it take for a change in administration???
Close the town down, its nothing but a crap hole anyway
GWB - not in Kentucky

Lexington, KY

#27 Sep 7, 2007
Whiteys wrote:
<quoted text>
SOooo you are not just a racist but a thief also. Such hypocrisy from such a loser is not surprising. Conveniently wanting to have someone get away with crime is anti-American. You are an embarrasement to all good law abiding Americans.
Where do you come up with racist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 31 min Wondering 34,574
last post wins! (Feb '11) 1 hr info relayer 25,885
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) 1 hr Val 75
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr Respect71 22,802
Denver tar (Nov '14) Tue GRANDPA NICOLAI 30
Visiting Denver soon Mon Dallas 1
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Apr 29 ThomasA 195
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages