Million-dollar homes rented for $150 a month

Full story: KUSA Denver

Japanese billionaire Genshiro Kawamoto has selected the first four of eight Native Hawaiian families that will each rent one of his multimillion-dollar homes in the exclusive oceanside Kahala area for $150 a ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
melissa markwardt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I think that is the most humble thing a millionaire could ever do for less fortunate people. Maybe some of the rich people in Grand Junction or in the great u.s.a. could do the same ,but i really don't see any millionaires wanting to help any less fortunate people here.
Luciano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I think its a great thing he is doing.He has a lot so he is giving back.More of the ultra wealthy should do that.
Renee

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

The world needs more generous people like this
fizzey

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

that is the most crazy thing ever well not for me because i am a trillionare
Susan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

That is just so awesome! God love this man!!!
jill

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

i think that is the most awesome thing ANYONE could do. Just wish there were more people like him.
LPB

Gardner, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Finally, someone else is recieving the joy that comes from giving, and sharing. I'm sure there are lots of "givers" in the world, just not on that large of scale. God Bless this person.
lroy79

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Great now we all gotta stand by and watch this poor family struggle to pay $150 a month for rent. You guys are looking at this as a good deed. Noone is asking why this man doesn't want to stay in his own home. You all make me sick.
Dude

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I'd like to see the before and after photos - now and then in a year or so. Let's see if these properties hold their values. Not that the owner cares, but I'll bet his neighbors do.

You people make me sick, always thinking with your emotions so as to make yourselves feel better. You're pathetic losers - victims and parasites.

I'm just curious what makes these people underprivileged - is it "the man" holding them down or is it education, or the lack there of. Maybe it's laziness who knows but to think that this is somehow doing them a favor is just foolish.

Maybe the government should make us all equal - we can all live in mansions and drive Bentleys. What a beautiful world it would be and we wouldn't even have to work for it. You know, like liberal utopia.
BHH

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

I gotta say I understand the neighbors concerns but with all do respect their rich as well. To be living in that neighborhood, and what, is the value of their 2 million dollar home going to fall to 1.8 million, please. As far as lroy79 goes how can 1 person stay in 8 multi million dollar homes? Maybe he is just trying to find something he can do to help out some low budget families get back on their feet. This man is, in my opinion, trying to give back to the community in his own way. Way to go buddy, keep it up!!!
Wendy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

Considering this man could have just as easily bought several smaller homes at the same price, and given them away, perhaps this smells of tax write-off to me.
However, good idea.
stan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

what a guy!!!!!
thebluedeuce02

Monument, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

it's about time an AMERICAN helped AMERICANS, the neighbor's just need to chill it is for a good cause

DAAAANG

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

I hope that they respect his help and maintain the property.
blessed

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

That just goes to show that there is a GOD, because only a man of GOD could do onto others as he would have done onto him. That is truly a blessing and yes we do need people like him here in the US.
Seriously

Brighton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

fizzey wrote:
that is the most crazy thing ever well not for me because i am a trillionare
If you were a trillionaire, you would probably know how to spell it, and you probably wouldn't be living in Aurora.

have a nice day.
local girl

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

lroy79 wrote:
Great now we all gotta stand by and watch this poor family struggle to pay $150 a month for rent. You guys are looking at this as a good deed. Noone is asking why this man doesn't want to stay in his own home. You all make me sick.
Those families are homeless, yeah, doesn't make them any special that they can't get jobs. One person per family can work at McDonalds and get more than $150 a month for rent. The reason why they were homeless isn't because of no job, it's because rent is so expensive on O'ahu.
local girl

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

Dude wrote:
I'd like to see the before and after photos - now and then in a year or so. Let's see if these properties hold their values. Not that the owner cares, but I'll bet his neighbors do.
You people make me sick, always thinking with your emotions so as to make yourselves feel better. You're pathetic losers - victims and parasites.
I'm just curious what makes these people underprivileged - is it "the man" holding them down or is it education, or the lack there of. Maybe it's laziness who knows but to think that this is somehow doing them a favor is just foolish.
Maybe the government should make us all equal - we can all live in mansions and drive Bentleys. What a beautiful world it would be and we wouldn't even have to work for it. You know, like liberal utopia.
The owner can do what ever the hell he wants with his houses, not necessarily mansions, because some of them are cottages. And how do you know whether the family doesn't have to work, maybe they were working while they were homeless and just couldn't afford the rent. I would think they would need jobs considering they still have to pay rent. The neighbors may not like it, but it's his property and he can rent it to whomever he wants, and you want us to feel sorry for the neighbors who are rich also, yeah we may feel a bit sorry that their 3 million dollar home is going to go down a few ten thousand dollars, but I would rather see homeless off the beaches then see those home values spike up with every passing day.
local girl

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

Wendy wrote:
Considering this man could have just as easily bought several smaller homes at the same price, and given them away, perhaps this smells of tax write-off to me.
However, good idea.
He didn't give them away.
local girl

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

DAAAANG wrote:
I hope that they respect his help and maintain the property.
I agree, I hope these families don't take advantage of him and destroy his property just because he says he doesn't mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 36 min scirocco 12,088
To Obama; Wanna burn one? 12 hr Bud Good 6
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) 13 hr Bob 139
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) Thu HMT 123 2,777
Denver Zoning Against Tourism! (Oct '10) Thu Veronica 6
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) Thu Kawalski 1,226
Colorado's gay marriage fight echoes drama in 1975 Jul 9 carey529 1
•••
•••