Boulder wildfire: Strong winds help w...

Boulder wildfire: Strong winds help wildfire grow quickly in Boulde...

There are 102 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 6, 2010, titled Boulder wildfire: Strong winds help wildfire grow quickly in Boulde.... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

A wildfire broke out in Boulder County Monday morning and strong winds helped it quickly grow in size and out of control.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

Jule

Denver, CO

#43 Sep 6, 2010
andrea wrote:
any word about magnolia rd?
Magnolia is south of the fire by a few miles and currently not threatened.
Human

Boulder, CO

#44 Sep 6, 2010
joseph monreal

Loveland, CO

#45 Sep 6, 2010
theres ashes faling in longmont colorado
nukegm

Greeley, CO

#46 Sep 6, 2010
how did it start?

sure hope it wasn't some turd with a cigarette.
Riley

Lafayette, CO

#50 Sep 7, 2010
My house is on sugarloaf!!! I was evacuated last night!! I sure hope my house doesn't burn down.
Christopher

Denver, CO

#51 Sep 7, 2010
My Brother-in-law, Sister and I watched the fire grow yesterday afternoon as we drove east and south out of RMNP. It was pretty surreal to watch. I am glad to hear that most people are ok, and that no one has lost their lives as a result, and as of this posting.
Prodigy

Denver, CO

#52 Sep 7, 2010
Wow, we just can't escape the freaking witch. See, another blast of flaming death from the mouth of Beth from Tulsa. She has no mercy, especially for the people of Colorado.
melissa

Aurora, CO

#53 Sep 7, 2010
My thoughts and prayers to all of those affected by this fire.

“Harmony with Nature”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#54 Sep 7, 2010
My Brother lives up on Magnolia Rd. It took a while but his wife told me they were ok last night. I was very intense waiting to find out though.
Sandi

AOL

#55 Sep 7, 2010
kellyormike wrote:
We were driving west on 120th headed home and right at the light at Pecos my son said he saw a "jet pack" in the sky by the mountains and we saw a little trail of smoke. Like what the planes in air shows leave behind when they fly. Then it got darker and darker and within 5 minutes the entire west skyline was covered in black smoke and more was rolling up. We could see the cloud of smkoe getting taller and wider. By the time we got to Church Ranch & Wads it looked like something had crashed and blew up on the side of the mountain! We live off 93rd & Wads and the smoke has already come over half the sky in our neighborhood now! This was at about 10:30 this morning!
VERY INTERESTING. I wonder how long it will be before this post disappears. I'm surprised there isn't ANY word on the cause of the fire. The officials all have to get their story straight before they tell us what they want us to hear.
David

Unionville, IN

#56 Sep 7, 2010
There are a bunch of useful resources for getting the latest on the fire including scanner feeds and maps at http://allhazards.blogspot.com/2010/09/colora...
Lynda-Jai

Denver, CO

#57 Sep 7, 2010
pjhatesu wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur. Their hiding in sight. "let ME live free and let THEM pay for it" My dollar can only stretch so far. But don't worry people,,, I'll just spend 4x more to get my vehicle tags renewed every year so that your kids can get college that I was denied and not have to carry a free lunch card. I can't afford my own lunch thanks.........
What frightens me even more than fire is the hatred in some of these posts.
David

Unionville, IN

#58 Sep 7, 2010
There are some useful resources for tracking the fire including radio scanner feeds and maps at http://allhazards.blogspot.com/2010/09/colora...

“Harmony with Nature”

Location hidden

#59 Sep 7, 2010
Sandi wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY INTERESTING. I wonder how long it will be before this post disappears. I'm surprised there isn't ANY word on the cause of the fire. The officials all have to get their story straight before they tell us what they want us to hear.
They reported this morning that some car hit a propane tank and started the fire. Just makes your sphincter tingle doesn't it.
DeAnn

Golden, CO

#60 Sep 7, 2010
Hey, Channel 13! The Air Tanker Base Manager you interviewed at Rocky Mountain Metro Airport is Mark Michelsen, not Matt Michaelsen. He does a great job explaining air tankers, flight safety, and how fire retardant works.
David

Bristol, IN

#61 Sep 7, 2010
There's a set of resources with links to forums, radio scanner feeds and maps for keeping up with the fire at http://allhazards.blogspot.com/2010/09/colora...
John C

Greeley, CO

#62 Sep 7, 2010
If this fire was to start is better this year because next year the tea party/republican people will have ended deficit spending there by drying any emergency monies. If 60 and 61 referendums pass in Colorado all state money will be gone. Then only mother nature will be able to extinguish any major fires.
Wild Fire

Brighton, CO

#63 Sep 7, 2010
Total home lost will likely be over 100.
Rahul Dev

Denver, CO

#64 Sep 7, 2010
What was the cause of fire?

“Harmony with Nature”

Location hidden

#65 Sep 7, 2010
John C wrote:
If this fire was to start is better this year because next year the tea party/republican people will have ended deficit spending there by drying any emergency monies. If 60 and 61 referendums pass in Colorado all state money will be gone. Then only mother nature will be able to extinguish any major fires.
Yeah, that is right, we are wasting too much money telling people to evacuate their home, let alone the amount of money we are going to waste on fighting the fires. Everyone should just go home and stop all this wasteful spending, RIGHT!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devil Clown Inc. Big Top Saloon (Dec '11) 2 hr Ricky F 3,432
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 48,045
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 9 hr JP MORGAN 717
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 12 hr Respect71 28,180
last post wins! (Feb '11) 21 hr _FLATLINE-------- 26,290
Opiates Mon Hetmcb21 4
The horrible murder of Brandy Duvall. (Aug '11) Mon Autumnlove 55

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages