Boulder wildfire: Strong winds help w...

Boulder wildfire: Strong winds help wildfire grow quickly in Boulde...

There are 102 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 6, 2010, titled Boulder wildfire: Strong winds help wildfire grow quickly in Boulde.... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

A wildfire broke out in Boulder County Monday morning and strong winds helped it quickly grow in size and out of control.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Joshua

Boulder, CO

#1 Sep 6, 2010
Scary stuff. We live down off of 28th and Iris and the sun is blocked out by the smoke and there is a little bit of ash falling. Hope they get it taken care of quickly.
MattS

Boulder, CO

#2 Sep 6, 2010
Ash is falling from the sky right now in boulder, and the smoke as filtered the sun so it is casting a bright orange glow over everything in boulder...
Kristina Sena

Denver, CO

#3 Sep 6, 2010
I live in Longmont, Colorado and The smoke is very visible
Theresa

Boulder, CO

#4 Sep 6, 2010
I live in Boulder Meadows North Boulder, the sun is glowing a bright red through the cloud of smoke, and the smell of smoke is very strong. The smoke cloud is running over the top of the foot hills getting larger and larger. Hope they can get this under control soon, and everyone is safe.
Jim B

Boulder, CO

#5 Sep 6, 2010
Lots of smoke here in Gunbarrel.
Nicole in Boulder

Boulder, CO

#6 Sep 6, 2010
We live near 27th and Moorehead and the sky is completely dark from the cloud. We noticed it about 30 minutes ago, and it was covering about half the sky, it is already covering the entire sky above us now.
Jose N

Evergreen, CO

#7 Sep 6, 2010
I live in Lafayette and from what i can, half of the sky is literally brown
gobuffs

Boulder, CO

#8 Sep 6, 2010
I live on the hill and have never seen such a huge plume of smoke. The orange tint is very eerie.
Alan

Denver, CO

#9 Sep 6, 2010
We live in North Boulder on Norwood and the smoke is passing directly over our house. The smoke smell is strong and the sunlight is muted and tinged orange. Looking to the east, you see a band of dark smoke all the way to the horizon bordered on both the north and south by blue sky.
Brian Finley

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 6, 2010
My wife and i live in westminster and can see the smoke very clear and also smell it.OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL THE FAMILY THAT LIVE UP THAT WAY.GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND THE FIRE FIGHTERS THAT ARE FIGHTING THE FIRE.

THE FINLEY"S
misdee

Louisville, CO

#11 Sep 6, 2010
You can see the fire from Erie, it is getting worse by the minute!
Sean

Boulder, CO

#12 Sep 6, 2010
Im on Broadway and Portland street in Boulder, Seems like the smoke is coming right near Sanitas trail.. the sunlight is scary..
Linda

Littleton, CO

#13 Sep 6, 2010
We live about 2 /2 miles up Sunshine Canyon. The smoke is very visible, and has been for some time. The winds appear to have died down some. TV reports they have asked for fire departments from Lafayette, Longmont and Fort Collins for help. A tanker has also been requested. At 11:45 they estimated approximately 300 acres had burned.
Channel 7 has ongoing coverage.
Annie

Littleton, CO

#14 Sep 6, 2010
This is scary stuff! All i can smell is smoke and my eyes and throat are so irriatated! I'm in NE Boulder near Valmont and Foothills and all I can see is orange smoke in the sky and we have ash falling here!
Fiona

Denver, CO

#15 Sep 6, 2010
We live on Rt 7 and I25 near Larkridge Mall. Sunlight is orange; smell of smoke is very strong, pieces of ash are falling and the wind keeps blowing out of the west.
Daniel

Boulder, CO

#16 Sep 6, 2010
I can see the smoke, too. But I thought it was from a dispensary.
James

Denver, CO

#17 Sep 6, 2010
I live in Longmont and we are seeing HUGE clouds of smoke coming from the west. It must be pretty nasty.
Lazer

Denver, CO

#18 Sep 6, 2010
We live in nederland above boulder and the wind is terrible up here. The smoke seems to have shifted more to the south. We can see a glow coming up the other side of the hill. They shut down boulder canyon. The ned fire department is not going to evacuate the town as of now.
Maria

Littleton, CO

#19 Sep 6, 2010
I live in North Longmont and I can see the Huge brown cloud of smoke clearly. Our paryer go out the Firefighters and people who are in danger of this fire. May GOD be with you.

Quinonez Family
david

Denver, CO

#20 Sep 6, 2010
I live at the top of lee hill...I can see the fire from the top of deer trail. It looks massive...the wind is blowing in every direction. The sun cast such an eerie orange light through the blue brown smoke...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr Nemo 30,208
Is Tom Martino Practicing Law? (Aug '14) 3 hr Curly Howard 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr June VanDerMark 58,465
Islamic Cake Bakery Call Thu Larry the Cable Guy 2
Local Denver Street Gang Gets Exposure! (Mar '10) Thu Chi 325
News Denver's Brik on York and DJ's Cafe have closed Thu factcheck 1
News Rep. Buck Wants To STOP Settlement Of Sexual Mi... Wed surfeagle 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages