Gras Fire Burning near Reservoir in Larimer County

There are 14 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 12, 2010, titled Gras Fire Burning near Reservoir in Larimer County. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Firefighters are on the scene of a three alarm grass fire west of Loveland near Flatirons Reservoir in Larimer County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

Earthscum

Fort Collins, CO

#1 Sep 12, 2010
My girlfriend was taking pictures from Ft. Collins and it looked like a propane tank went up. We saw a small puff of black smoke come from the south side of the fire and is now about twice the size of the plume to the north.
LovelandGirl

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Sep 12, 2010
We were just up there 2 weeks ago fishing with out son. I sure hope they can get it out soon and everyones homes will be okay...
wyatt herbert

Berthoud, CO

#3 Sep 12, 2010
i have seen this as close as i could to where they can let you in. it is amazing how big this fire has been spreading. i have a house close to this, and it is just plain scary.
KendraInLoveland

Windsor, CO

#4 Sep 12, 2010
The Fire is between Flatiron Crossing and PINEWOOD. It does look like it is growing pretty quickly. Hopefully they get it under control quickly.
berthoud

Berthoud, CO

#5 Sep 12, 2010
Is it any better? Closer to putting it out?
Rolando

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 12, 2010
I was driving when i saw that it looks small from far away but thats huge i live in commerce city and i can see from over here hopefully they can put it out
PinewoodRanch

Loveland, CO

#7 Sep 12, 2010
Just fyi. It is near Pinewood Reservoir NOT Pineview...
David

Bloomington, IN

#8 Sep 12, 2010
Lots of resources for getting the latest on the fire including maps and live scanner feeds at http://allhazards.blogspot.com/2010/09/lovela...
tray

Broomfield, CO

#11 Sep 13, 2010
what kind of idiot burns leaves and crap in an area that hasn't seen decent rain in weeks??!! Where is your common sense??
It sucks when people have to suffer due to the stupidity of others!!
Cassidy Edwardson

Louisville, CO

#12 Sep 13, 2010
I can't believe all of these fires going on in this state! One in Boulder, Arvada, and this Reservoir Road Fire! Help us God!
Tony Montana

Aurora, CO

#13 Sep 14, 2010
No No No!!!! It was not human caused, it was caused by that flying wraith Big Beth from Tulsa! How is it that the authorities are getting this wrong? That fire breathing demonic heathen is relentless. Someone seriously need to construct a giant fly swatter and just b_it,ch slap her with it.
Troll

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 14, 2010
Is the guy that inadvertenly started the fire financially responsible i.e his insurance? Just wondering how that works.
David

Bloomington, IN

#15 Sep 15, 2010
The resources page for the Loveland fire at http://allhazards.blogspot.com/2010/09/lovela... has been updated with the latest resources including maps, radio scanner feeds, official information sources, and news sources
Pierre

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 15, 2010
Ou est la gras feu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 22 min Chantel 18,160
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr This And That 21,570
Democrats the party of SCUM 3 hr Pamela 23
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 6 hr Waren 4,461
last post wins! (Feb '11) 10 hr Maverick 808 25,104
Julia Lopez Mon Local 5
Review: Tree Land Christmas Trees (Dec '11) Mon Nucklehead 15
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]