|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good read. I enjoy all of her books.
This is my first~~
Bought two of her books in a thrift shop on the chance
I would like her, and I do.
I think the other one is Fatal Burn.

I've always been a reader but even more so nowadays
since I weaned myself off of mindless TV.

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

http://psiresearcher.wordpress.com/2011/03/29...

Here's a doozy from my home state of Florida.
My Aunt was treated there when she was a child.
She was born with cerebral palsy.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Red Devil, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
http://therealwaverlyhills.com /newsite/
Did you see the news stories?

I can't imagine how they will ever come up with the backing to pull it off but it might be cool if they did.

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my first~~
Bought two of her books in a thrift shop on the chance
I would like her, and I do.
I think the other one is Fatal Burn.
I've always been a reader but even more so nowadays
since I weaned myself off of mindless TV.
I like all of her books. I also enjoy Patricia Cornwell. Have you ever read any of hers? Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time for reading these days and much prefer actual books over my Kindle.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

-WICKED ANGEL- wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the news stories?
I can't imagine how they will ever come up with the backing to pull it off but it might be cool if they did.
It'll certainly be interesting to say the least. I tend to shy away from paranormal activities and refuse to believe in anything of that nature. Of course, refusing to go near or even remotely participate in such things makes it easier to be a sceptic.

I don't do Quija boards either.

Waverly has always interested me simply because of the history it provides. I don't think I could spend the night there. I don't care how nice the renovations are. I'm a very cautious sceptic.

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 11

Whatever

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
Good afternoon everyone~~
Hope I'm not interrupting, I'm just cruising around
trying to find some coherent posting~lol
I've never posted on this forum but I recognize
many of ya'll.
I'm fascinated with old buildings that are supposedly haunted, especially the old insane
asylums.
I'm reading a novel right now that takes place
as a result of the sorrow that happened in an
asylum in New Orleans.
May I ask the name of the hotel you all are talking about?
~thanks~
Right now it is an abandoned sanitarium called Waverly Hills in Louisville, KY. It began of course as a TB hospital and then eventually a nut house. It is said to be one of the most haunted locations in the world. I think it would make a great hotel! That was sarcasm of course...hehehe. But the size of it would really be useless for anything else...no one visits a mall anymore.

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Whatever

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

-WICKED ANGEL- wrote:
<quoted text>
Waverly Hills in Lousiville, KY.
For some reason I seem to not be allowed to post the link to the news storoes but you can find it easily on Google. Both WDRB and WLKY had stories about it last week.
The owners recently applied for a zoning change so they can turn it into a hotel, convention center and home to a distillery.
What book are you reading?
OIh! I missed this! LOL!

Hi Angel :)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
http://therealwaverlyhills.com /newsite/
I've heard of it . I've never been by it though. I shy away from all that paranormal stuff. Just not really into it.

I do like downtown Louisville though, 4th Street Live is nice and I've been to the Louisville Palace several times for some concerts.

Level 5

Red Devil, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll certainly be interesting to say the least. I tend to shy away from paranormal activities and refuse to believe in anything of that nature. Of course, refusing to go near or even remotely participate in such things makes it easier to be a sceptic.
I don't do Quija boards either.
Waverly has always interested me simply because of the history it provides. I don't think I could spend the night there. I don't care how nice the renovations are. I'm a very cautious sceptic.
I don't believe in ghosts myself but I do think there may be rare cases of residual energy.

I do believe in Angels and Demons and am almost positive I have met some of both in my life....and not of the human varieties. lol

Even if you don't believe at all...Waverly is creepy as hell just to look at from the outside, which is as close as I have been so far.

I've asked to go many times but Satan keeps telling me he's skeered.

Level 5

Red Devil, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Death Kitten wrote:
<quoted text>
OIh! I missed this! LOL!
Hi Angel :)
I thought someone PM'd ya the link for me. I tried 3 times to post it and they ghosted it every time.

I thought there was a new rule against posting actual content on Topix and I didn't get the memo.

Level 5

Red Devil, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Speaking of ghosts and otehr creepy things has anyone seen this?

http://www.topix.com/member/profile/cathousem...

it wasn't that way when the rumor began.

Ewwww eeeeeee Ewwwww

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
I like all of her books. I also enjoy Patricia Cornwell. Have you ever read any of hers? Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time for reading these days and much prefer actual books over my Kindle.
Good morning~~
Yes, I've read a few of Patricia Cornwell's books but it's
been awhile.
One of my favorites is, Tess Gerritsen.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning~~
Yes, I've read a few of Patricia Cornwell's books but it's
been awhile.
One of my favorites is, Tess Gerritsen.
Oh YES! I also enjoy Tess and had actually forgotten about her. It's been so long since I've had time to enjoy a good read. I often buy up several books at a time and save them for the free moments when I can afford the luxury of doing nothing but read.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Please pardon my intrusion and lack of etiquette!

Hey there, Gorgeous Kitty! Hope you're doing well.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard of it . I've never been by it though. I shy away from all that paranormal stuff. Just not really into it.
I do like downtown Louisville though, 4th Street Live is nice and I've been to the Louisville Palace several times for some concerts.
As a child, it was constantly pounded into my head not to ever let the things considered evil into your mind or they have the power to take over. Well, needless to say, at a certain age I found I needed to explore things for myself. However, I'm a big ole scaredy cat soooooo anything that can even remotely resemble ghosts, goblins, ghouls, or other creatures, I run from. I'm not exactly shy, I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm petrified. I refuse to take part in haunted houses or watch scary movies. The paranormal is on my list of things to never investigate. The movie "Ghost Busters" was the closest I got to anything psychic.

I have seen Waverly from afar. I would love to be able to dispute the allegations that it's haunted, however my refusal to investigate limits my ability to dispute anything.

I wouldn't care if they made it into the finest hotel the world has ever seen and offered me a fortune to be a visitor, I would graciously decline.

Have a nice day.

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
As a child, it was constantly pounded into my head not to ever let the things considered evil into your mind or they have the power to take over. Well, needless to say, at a certain age I found I needed to explore things for myself. However, I'm a big ole scaredy cat soooooo anything that can even remotely resemble ghosts, goblins, ghouls, or other creatures, I run from. I'm not exactly shy, I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm petrified. I refuse to take part in haunted houses or watch scary movies. The paranormal is on my list of things to never investigate. The movie "Ghost Busters" was the closest I got to anything psychic.
I have seen Waverly from afar. I would love to be able to dispute the allegations that it's haunted, however my refusal to investigate limits my ability to dispute anything.
I wouldn't care if they made it into the finest hotel the world has ever seen and offered me a fortune to be a visitor, I would graciously decline.
Have a nice day.
I don't think I'd be willing to spend the night but I would take
a tour.
Something I've noticed about the old hospitals and asylums is
how sad and foreboding they look from the outside.
The old buildings always have a gothic look to them.
jmo~~if they are haunted it's not the building, it's the essences
of the people who were tortured in them.

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Whatever

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
Please pardon my intrusion and lack of etiquette!
Hey there, Gorgeous Kitty! Hope you're doing well.
Your presence here is never an intrusion, sweet heart :)

Good morning. I am doing very well, thanks! How are you?

Spring break?

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Whatever

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I'd be willing to spend the night but I would take
a tour.
Something I've noticed about the old hospitals and asylums is
how sad and foreboding they look from the outside.
The old buildings always have a gothic look to them.
jmo~~if they are haunted it's not the building, it's the essences
of the people who were tortured in them.
Oh, I would spend the night! I find places with history fascinating. A place like that has got to have some high energy. And I ain't afraid of no ghost! Good to see you this morning Miss Ruby :)

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Whatever

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day.
Aw! If ghosts do exist, what would be evil about them? I would think they are just people who lost their way and got stuck here. Demons on the other hand... hehe

No offense Satan!!!

I am a skeptic of most things supernatural, but you know me, I try to find the good in things until I see the bad. Then look out! I do need to learn the whole don't cross the beams maneuver...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,001 - 5,020 of5,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 52 min DMAN 12,068
Denver Zoning Against Tourism! (Oct '10) 6 hr Veronica 6
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 14 hr Kawalski 1,226
To Obama; Wanna burn one? 22 hr Riparian 4
Colorado's gay marriage fight echoes drama in 1975 23 hr carey529 1
Obama 'The Bear' Lets Loose in Denver, Will Mee... Wed Commander Bunny 2
Denver h Wed Hook 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••