Hit-and-run driver still at large aft...

Hit-and-run driver still at large after nearly killing biker

There are 42 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Sep 15, 2007, titled Hit-and-run driver still at large after nearly killing biker. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Knox, 25, was bicycling east along W. 29th Avenue on his way to work an early morning shift at a hotel downtown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“I am not someone else.”

Since: Aug 07

Webberville, MI

#1 Sep 15, 2007
Well, I'm guessing they will catch the ****s who did it, unlike the ****s who hit my son when he was riding his skateboard to work. He was okay, but the Littleton police said that a description of a silver Jeep Cherokee (and he gave the year) with oversized tires and lifts, and full of students peeling out of Heritage High parking lot, isn't good enough. Sheesh! Mr. Knox at least has Denver cops.

And Munsey Knox, you have a darned cool name! I love it.
sidewalk biker

Arvada, CO

#2 Sep 15, 2007
I hope the guy recovers but darn, bicycles don't belong on busy streets. Neighborhood streets, maybe. Major streets - No! NO! No!. Of course someone is going to post that bikes are illegal on sidewalks. I'll gladly pay a fine every day for riding my bike on the sidewalk instead of paying a hospital bill, possibly with my life, because of a collision with a car.
Hispanic crimewave

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Sep 15, 2007
Everyday another American is the vicitim of a Mexican hit-and-run. And what do cops do when they pull over a Mexican? They wait 2 hours for INS to not show up and then they let them go to commit another hit-and-run. This is an outrage! The good people of Colorado need to stand up now and let our lawmakers know that they are not going to take it any more.
Shocking

Denver, CO

#5 Sep 15, 2007
Another Burrito criminal

“fish on!”

Since: Jul 07

Bayard Nebraska

#6 Sep 15, 2007
sure seems to be a lot of hit & runs in the metro area, and, as someone will surely mention, Mexican driver. Wonder when the folks in charge will get the message maybe they have too many in area. Doubt it, seems most are clueless. Cops need to watch more TV shows and maybe they would get a clue on how to investigate these things. Lilliths, maybe some phone calls to body shops within 200 miles if they had damage, hang around the school now and then, talk to kids, never know. Some schools have cameras covering lots, I know they do in the small town of Imperial Nebraska...
Get Out NOW

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Sep 15, 2007
It's time to take back our country. I have seen for myself the dangers Hispanic drivers create on our roads. They don't care about our laws and many of them don't read English so they don't know how to follow road signs. I would like Hispanics much better if they were living in Mexico. Stop ruining my country. You don't belong here!
Steve G

Fort Collins, CO

#8 Sep 15, 2007
Damn. If this guy had only had loud pipes, this SUV with the illegal mexican driver would have heard him and the whole thing could have been avoided! LOUD PIPES on Bicycles! Get them now!
Clean_sweep

Denver, CO

#9 Sep 15, 2007
driven by a Hispanic male about 30 years of age

Says it all. Hispanics gotta go. Ruining america. There should be a law that if the driver does not come forward they will all be rounded up and deported.
Futurama

Monument, CO

#10 Sep 15, 2007
Hey it's not their country so why should they abide by our laws. No insurance, no license, intoxicated, deported for the third time. There's no justice for illegals they get the free ride! Thanks G.W Bush!
Hey diddle diddle

Loveland, CO

#11 Sep 15, 2007
Get Out NOW wrote:
It's time to take back our country. I have seen for myself the dangers Hispanic drivers create on our roads. They don't care about our laws and many of them don't read English so they don't know how to follow road signs. I would like Hispanics much better if they were living in Mexico. Stop ruining my country. You don't belong here!
Wow, your comment makes you sound like an uneducated redneck. Are you really an uneducated redneck or are you just an underachieving shell of a man that blames his problems on an entire race of people? I bet you are both. How pathetic, what a waste of a life you are. Go kick back in your recliner and watch some more Nancy Grace.
MountainMan

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2007
Hey diddle diddle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, your comment makes you sound like an uneducated redneck. Are you really an uneducated redneck or are you just an underachieving shell of a man that blames his problems on an entire race of people? I bet you are both. How pathetic, what a waste of a life you are. Go kick back in your recliner and watch some more Nancy Grace.
Hey diddle, diddle,
Sounds like you live in a pit of hatred that blinds you to all forms of reality.

“Please Register!”

Since: Sep 07

Lakewood, CO

#14 Sep 15, 2007
It happened in Denver, the guy won't be caught. The Cherokee is already either sold, fixed or disguised.

No justice for you. It really sucks but they only solve 1/3 of the murders they encounter, a hit-n-run is nothing on the radar.

I'm sorry this happened to you.
LYINGMOFOZ

Denver, CO

#15 Sep 15, 2007
sammy518 wrote:
sure seems to be a lot of hit & runs in the metro area, and, as someone will surely mention, Mexican driver. Wonder when the folks in charge will get the message maybe they have too many in area. Doubt it, seems most are clueless. Cops need to watch more TV shows and maybe they would get a clue on how to investigate these things. Lilliths, maybe some phone calls to body shops within 200 miles if they had damage, hang around the school now and then, talk to kids, never know. Some schools have cameras covering lots, I know they do in the small town of Imperial Nebraska...
Exactly what Channel 9 wants you to think. The hit and runs are not unusual at all. This is a new step by television news to get your attention.
Obviously, it works. You are commenting now and they want the public to think that they are doin you a service.
It's the only way they can keep their jobs.
rednecks R us

Boulder, CO

#16 Sep 16, 2007
Hey diddle diddle wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing wrong with being a redneck! Educated or not, he's got a point...these mexicans have to go!
pay attention

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 Sep 16, 2007
Hey diddle diddle wrote:
<quoted text>
Your writing is very eloquent and and well structured. You must be highly intelligent and educated. Too bad you are also a fool. Go hug a taco.
Level 3

Since: Sep 07

Golden

#18 Sep 16, 2007
It's not really a matter of race, but it is a matter of culture. In Mexico, there are no real rules of the road- just the biggest and most aggressive rule. There is also no auto insurance, so you only pay if you get caught, and then, only maybe. There are many cultures world-wide who operate this way, and not just on the road. In many Muslim based countries, there are no business ethics- the best liar wins. When these people come here, they live by their native country's rules, and they get in trouble a lot- or not, if they are very successful at avoiding it. That is a source of pride in these cultures- a survival of the fittest kind of thing. North Americans (the U.S. and Canada) are so ethical, and some may laugh at that, but it's really true, compared to the rest of the world, but we are very naive in thinking that people from other cultures who come here will respect ours. That's just a fact, and I'm not sure what we can do about it, besides closng our borders, screening immigrants, and minimizing the damage. And is it too late for that? I just don't know.

LaLa Land

#19 Sep 16, 2007
raysmom wrote:
It's not really a matter of race, but it is a matter of culture. In Mexico, there are no real rules of the road- just the biggest and most aggressive rule. There is also no auto insurance, so you only pay if you get caught, and then, only maybe. There are many cultures world-wide who operate this way, and not just on the road. In many Muslim based countries, there are no business ethics- the best liar wins. When these people come here, they live by their native country's rules, and they get in trouble a lot- or not, if they are very successful at avoiding it. That is a source of pride in these cultures- a survival of the fittest kind of thing. North Americans (the U.S. and Canada) are so ethical, and some may laugh at that, but it's really true, compared to the rest of the world, but we are very naive in thinking that people from other cultures who come here will respect ours. That's just a fact, and I'm not sure what we can do about it, besides closng our borders, screening immigrants, and minimizing the damage. And is it too late for that? I just don't know.
That is true, and a very good point. They are raised a particular way, and we can't expect them to morph into the American way just because they cross a geographic border. The best thing we can do is not be naive about it, and get them out of here. It kind of falls into the "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" kind of thing. They are who they are, it is how they were raised. They believe that their behavior is perfectly normal.
bobb

Monroe, LA

#21 Sep 16, 2007
Listen up people itís not the fault of the Mexicans.
Itís your fault. Get out there and vote and donate money to
Tancredo for president. He will stop the Mexicans.
Jason J

Littleton, CO

#22 Sep 16, 2007
I like how one guy in here wnats to blame Bush for the illegal problem. Good job tool. It is not his fault. We could go down the line blaming folks, like Clinton, Bush (dad), Regan, Nixon, etc. Or you could blame the folks who vote. We are the ones that put people in power to run our states and country. If you do not like who is running things get out and do some work to get someone eles in office. The illegal problem is not going to fix itself or be done by the government alone we as citizens need to do something. If you do not have a job go do a fastfood job, or a labor job that the news says the average american wont take.

“I am not someone else.”

Webberville, MI

#23 Sep 16, 2007
sammy518 wrote:
Cops need to watch more TV shows and maybe they would get a clue on how to investigate these things. Lilliths, maybe some phone calls to body shops within 200 miles if they had damage, hang around the school now and then, talk to kids, never know. Some schools have cameras covering lots, I know they do in the small town of Imperial Nebraska...
I don't think they had any damage and it was too far off school grounds. Fortunately for him they hit what little gluteus maximum he has (gluteus minimus, he's so blessed skinny) but that means there is no damage on the Jeep. Probably had a bull bar just for times like that.

I think as soon as he is all healed up and has a day off work I will tell him to out and talk to people. A doctored Jeep has to be easier to find than the cops told him.

I like your idea of having the cops watch more TV. <g>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 min Respect71 34,563
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 12 min Respect71 22,788
last post wins! (Feb '11) 1 hr -Prince- 25,883
Denver tar (Nov '14) 19 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 30
Visiting Denver soon Mon Dallas 1
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Apr 29 ThomasA 195
District 2 cops Apr 28 Victor 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages