|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2014

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>He is a marxist and that is reason enough to hate him. If I want to hate somebody, I am completely within my rights to do so. He doesn't deserve anything said positively about him. If you don't like it, too bad.
"positronium" is a short-lived hydrogen-like atom

Your "short" life here on topix has exceeded it's expectancy!

Since: Nov 13

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2014

Judged:

John Boehner's lawsuit against President Barack Obama is pretty simple

For starters, there’s zero evidence that Obama has been unusual in his use of executive powers. If he’s overdone it, then all the recent presidents have done so, too. The idea that he’s some sort of tyrant who acts differently than other modern presidents is nonsense.

In fact, It’s perfectly normal for presidents and executive branch departments and agencies to make broad interpretations of law that look a lot like legislating. It’s how the system works, and pretty much how it always worked. Thus Richard Neustadt’s famous claim that the system isn’t “separation of powers,” but separated institutions sharing powers.

The Republicans and John Boehner haven't done their job in so long they have forgotten how OUR system of governance works!
HMT 123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
"positronium" is a short-lived hydrogen-like atom
Your "short" life here on topix has exceeded it's expectancy!
He ended for me at the word 'hate'.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

The Dream Act was rejected by the Senate but on June 15, 2012, President Obama announced that his administration would stop deporting young illegal aliens under 16, and this crisis is a direct result.

Obama alone is responsible for this children's crusade against our Southern border. If he would only enforce our laws, this problem would be solved by returning these children to their families. As the situation exists now, children's lives are lost enroute to our borders only because of Obama and the Democrat's open border political goals.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Obama is to blame.....
Is he to blame for our Recovered Economy, also?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Yes, Obama's Federal Reserve is flooding the markets with cash, driving up stock and bond prices. Obama's billionaire crony capitalist friends are making money on Wall Street while Main Street pays.

Obama's policies are responsible for the loss of full time jobs and their conversions to part time jobs. I blame Obama for what he's done to America.

Since: May 14

Manhasset, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Republicans WASTED millions and Millions to investigate Benghazi 8 EIGHT times.....There WAS and IS NO SCANDAL concluded in ALL 8 EIGHT Republican witch hunts...
Republicans WASTED Millions and MILLIONS to investigate the IRS for months on end to CONCLUDE there was NO CONSERVATIVE groups scrutinized unfairly...
Other that WASTE Millions and Millions of OUR tax dollars the REPUBLICANS have done NOTHING for 6 SIX years
Then you can tell us why Hillary and Rice lied about a video

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Yes, Obama's Federal Reserve is flooding the markets with cash, driving up stock and bond prices. Obama's billionaire crony capitalist friends are making money on Wall Street while Main Street pays.
Obama's policies are responsible for the loss of full time jobs and their conversions to part time jobs. I blame Obama for what he's done to America.
Not Anymore.....And it worked, like a charm.....that's what kill's you guys, isn't it?.... How could the half-black guy get that shit done.....

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Well you're out to lunch...U.S. FIRMS POST MOST JOBS IN 7 YEARS, IN MAY...Associated Press .(7-9-14) Washington -- U.S. employers advertised more jobs in May, than in any month in the past seven years, a sign that this year's strong hiring trend is likely to continue......

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Why Lie???.....To support your scumbag political party?.....Over your Country?

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
The Dream Act was rejected by the Senate but on June 15, 2012, President Obama announced that his administration would stop deporting young illegal aliens under 16, and this crisis is a direct result.
WRONG....LIE....We are operating under the REPUBLICAN immigration Bill of 2008 that REPUBLICAN George W. Bush signed....making it ILLEGAL to deport ANY children that migrate to the U.S. no of a bordering nation! The REPUBLICANS killed the Dream Act that would have added MORE border security and made it LEGAL to deport ANY undocumented immigrant....We can THANK the REPUBLICANS for the ENTIRE fiasco!!!!
Brian_G wrote:
Obama alone is responsible for this children's crusade against our Southern border. If he would only enforce our laws, this problem would be solved by returning these children to their families. As the situation exists now, children's lives are lost enroute to our borders only because of Obama and the Democrat's open border political goals.
SEE above and QUIT your damn LYING!!!

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

*NOT of a bordering nation*

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you can tell us why Hillary and Rice lied about a video
They didn't....AGAIN Millions of American's tax dollars WASTED thanks to the REPUBLICANS empty crusade!

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
YOU are so completely full of it or completely ignorant...My guess is BOTH....The President has ZERO...NO....NADA control over the Federal Reserve!

You right wing tea freak radicals blame the President for EVERYTHING!!!! He has done and dealt with more than any President in modern history and done a remarkable job especially with you hate filled bigots blocking and obstructing EVERY Goddamned thing he has tried even when it was your idea!

If President Obama had a cure for Cancer you would deny that there was Cancer!

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Did Boehner gave any specific reasons why he needed to employ the extraordinary remedy of suing a President—as opposed to seeking a political solution to a political issue? Nope. Instead Boehner offered up sweeping statements like,“The President has circumvented the American people and their elected representatives through executive action.”(I wonder, if Boehner had been House Speaker in the 1980s, if he would have sued Ronald Reagan, who issued more than double the number of executive orders as Obama’s 182, coming in at 381? Actually, I don’t.)

I can only hope that President Obama files a bunch of counterclaims. I’d love to see President Obama ask a court to compel Boehner to actually do some work, like bring immigration reform or raising the minimum wage up for a vote.

President Obama should definitely sue Boehner to reimburse us for the costs associated with the 54 times the GOP-controlled House has voted to repeal Obamacare. Per CBS’s 2013 calculations, those meaningless votes cost $52.4 million in taxpayer’s dollars.

President Obama’s counterclaims would certainly rile up thinking patriotic Americans and score some great headlines. But these claims by President Obama wouldn't be patently without merit. Unlike Boehners

Boehners issues are political issues that need to be resolved via the political process, not via the judiciary.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you not want your fellow Americans to have basic health coverage? Who pays for the uninsured's catastrophic medical cost's? Still can't answer the question's I see.....Keep repeating your rto big oil NOT Veterans and you support that decision...Very telling
<quoted text> Why do you obsess on what I do in my private/business life? kind of suspicious.....Of course it is over a year old the initial investigation is over a year old and the evidence HASN'T changed!!! the Darrell Issa investigations continue because the Republicans have NOTHING to run on so they WASTE American's tax dollars on all these never ending investigation after investigation. Kind of like you, you do not like the answer so you DO NOT SHUT UP and admit DEFEAT. I have no idea what happened to Lerner's computer! I wasn't there, were you?
<quoted text>Are you referring to executive actions or executive privilege? If so Obama has used his RIGHT and power to execute executive privilege less than any President since Eisenhower! Good TRY... emphasis on TRY
“Why do you not want your fellow Americans to have basic health coverage?” It’s not up to me or the Government to choose that for them.

“Who pays for the uninsured's catastrophic medical cost's?” The government with our taxes! So now why do you need obamacare to enforce MORE taxes, and FORCE Americans to buy as personal as healthcare?

“Still can't answer the question's I see.....Keep repeating your rhetoric and maybe you'll convince yourself!” I always answer your questions, when will you answer mine?

“The "tax" has been in the ACA LAW since inception” Liar!

Just like our president your a liar.

“Republicans have voted on the bill 50+ times using the "tax" as a reason to repeal it over 45 and EVERY vote was represented in congress and THE republicans LOST.......GET OVER IT!!!” Obamacare has been repealed in the house many many times, and because the democrats hold the power it goes no further.

“I could care a less if you are poke a dotted with yellow stripes, your skin color doesn't preclude your lack of logical thinking.” Same with Obama.

“The Republicans CHOSE special interest groups over funding for OUR Veterans......Not MY vote THEIRS....Give tax dollars to big oil NOT Veterans and you support that decision...Very telling” Cite your source.

“Why do you obsess on what I do in my private/business life?” Your “private/business life” is an example of your lies and that’s what you need to live with and Americans understand about you.

“kind of suspicious.....Of course it is over a year old the initial investigation is over a year old and the evidence HASN'T changed!!! the Darrell Issa investigations continue because the Republicans have NOTHING to run on so they WASTE American's tax dollars on all these never ending investigation after investigation. Kind of like you, you do not like the answer so you DO NOT SHUT UP and admit DEFEAT. I have no idea what happened to Lerner's computer! I wasn't there, were you?” If there is nothing to the IRS then why do Federal judges continue to order the IRS to comply and they don’t? You can continue to rationalize all you want but it doesn’t change the facts. NOW the IRS is in charge of taking your money for obamacare.

“Are you referring to executive actions or executive privilege? If so Obama has used his RIGHT and power to execute executive privilege less than any President since Eisenhower! Good TRY... emphasis on TRY” I’m referring to BREAKING THE LAW HE SIGNED! Which is an impeachable offense, but people like you support this and disregard American law in favor of your liberal agenda.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Four Points....
1. Americans, you should remember that the 2014 elections THIS YEAR will possibly be one of the most important elections in your life: America is at a ‘crossroads’, and YOU, the VOTER, will determine in the November elections if we will continue to make progress by moving forward and voting OUT Republicans, or go backwards by voting for Republicans ... The GOP has demonstrated with their actions over the past 6 years that they have NO INTENTION of working with President Obama, and doing right by the vast majority of Americans, and you would have to be ignorant or willfully ignorant to believe otherwise. Over the last 6 years the Republicans in Congress have focused on obstruction, and blocking job growth and the economic recovery, being fiscally irresponsible, and spewing their greed, ignorance, bigotry, and hate, and if you give them more power they will be emboldened to DOUBLE DOWN on their unconscionable and despicable actions. If you care about yourselves, your family, and the U.S., you will vote these Republicans OUT of office in the November, because the U.S. CANNOT AFFORD another 2 years of the GOP actions of obstructionism, bigotry, wasting taxpayers dollars, and trying to destroy Americans and America – if you let them, the Republicans WILL destroy the U.S.
2. Many agree that Republicans have already acted like domestic terrorists, threatening to blow up the economy, everyone, and everything, including themselves, if they don’t get their way (ie. Shutting down the gov’t, Debt ceiling crisis, etc.)- they feed on hate and continue to corner the market on crazy, and their evil actions would be on STEROIDS if voters gave them control of the House and Senate – which will allow them to begin impeachment proceedings based on BOGUS claims, and Republicans will spend the next 2 years tearing this country apart with their bigotry and hate as they try to impeach President Obama: America will go backwards, the legislative process will come to a halt, nothing will get done to benefit the vast majority of Americans (including YOU).
2. Per the Federal Elections Commission, in 2008 approx. 130 million people voted when President Obama was elected as POTUS, and in 2010 only approx. 90 million people voted, which allowed the rooting for failure Obstructionist Republicans to gain seats and control of the House Of Representatives and cause real NEGATIVE consequences for America. The difference (130 - 90) represents at least 40 million people who stayed home and did not vote in 2010.
3. One of the primary keys to winning the Senate, House, Governorship races, etc. is going to be for Democrats and people supporting Democratic principles, GET MOTIVATED AND TURN OUT IN THE MID-TERM ELECTIONS.. When you stay at home and don’t vote, odds are Republicans will win the elections, and this is one of the primary reasons why the GOP are trying to implement voter suppression tactics nationwide. The republicans know if the Democratic turn out is marginally good they will lose. Don't stay home VOTE
4. VOTERS, some of you helped create this problem by voting Republicans into office and/or being complacent and staying at home,, and you can SOLVE the problem by voting the Republicans OUT of office on the state and federal level (House, Senate, Governors, etc.) in 2014 – wake up, and TURNOUT TO VOTE AND SPREAD THE WORD TO VOTE (ie. verbally, phone, facebook, e-mail, linkedin, etc.), go to the polls in droves, take your family and friends with you, and vote these Republican (House, Senate, Governors) OUT of office in 2014. If you are not in the top wealthy 1%, your concerns are going to be at the BOTTOM of the GOP list – the Republican Party has repeatedly shown, with their actions and policies they support, that they don’t give a SCHIT about the vast majority of Americans.
Keep begging for votes!

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Who pays for the uninsured's catastrophic medical cost's?” The government with our taxes!
Are you really that stupid? THAT WOULD BE SOCIALIZED MEDICINE!
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m referring to BREAKING THE LAW HE SIGNED! Which is an impeachable offense.
This shows exactly how much you know about our Country....Executive Privilege IS A PRESIDENTIAL RIGHT and President Obama is perfectly with'in the constraints of the LAW!

Did Boehner gave any specific reasons why he needed to employ the extraordinary remedy of suing a President—as opposed to seeking a political solution to a political issue? Nope. Instead Boehner offered up sweeping statements like,“The President has circumvented the American people and their elected representatives through executive action.”(I wonder, if Boehner had been House Speaker in the 1980s, if he would have sued Ronald Reagan, who issued more than double the number of executive orders as Obama’s 182, coming in at 381? Actually, I don’t.)

I can only hope that President Obama files a bunch of counterclaims. I’d love to see President Obama ask a court to compel Boehner to actually do some work, like bring immigration reform or raising the minimum wage up for a vote.

President Obama should definitely sue Boehner to reimburse us for the costs associated with the 54 times the GOP-controlled House has voted to repeal Obamacare. Per CBS’s 2013 calculations, those meaningless votes cost $52.4 million in taxpayer’s dollars.

President Obama’s counterclaims would certainly rile up thinking patriotic Americans and score some great headlines. But these claims by President Obama wouldn't be patently without merit. Unlike Boehners

Boehners issues are political issues that need to be resolved via the political process, not via the judiciary.

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
democrats hold the power it goes no further.
This also demonstrates how LITTLE you know of OUR political process....

The Republicans hold the Majority in the House and the Democrats hold the majority in the Senate. The President either signs or veto's bills sent to him from the Senate.

The Republicans have obstructed and or blocked or refused to vote on damn near every piece of legislation in the House before they could get to the senate for 6 YEARS...Even their OWN IDEAS

The Republicans haven't DONE SHIT FOR AMERICA IN 6 YEARS! Time for them ALL to GO

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that stupid? THAT WOULD BE SOCIALIZED MEDICINE!
Respect71 wrote, "<quoted text>
IÂ’m referring to BREAKING THE LAW HE SIGNED! Which is an impeachable offense."

This shows exactly how much you know about our Country....Executive Privilege IS A PRESIDENTIAL RIGHT and President Obama is perfectly with'in the constraints of the LAW!

I can only hope that President Obama files a bunch of counterclaims. IÂ’d love to see President Obama ask a court to compel Boehner to actually do some work, like bring immigration reform or raising the minimum wage up for a vote.

President Obama should definitely sue Boehner to reimburse us for the costs associated with the 54 times the GOP-controlled House has voted to repeal Obamacare. Per CBSÂ’s 2013 calculations, those meaningless votes cost $52.4 million in taxpayerÂ’s dollars.

President ObamaÂ’s counterclaims would certainly rile up thinking patriotic Americans and score some great headlines. But these claims by President Obama wouldn't be patently without merit. Unlike Boehners

Distraction. If we already had socialized medicine then why force obamacare on Americans?

The United States Justice Department stated Obama broke the law. That's a fact. Dispute it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horny moms (Oct '13) 11 hr wildace40 7
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 16 hr Atakilt 1,290
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) 22 hr michael lewis jones 141
last post wins! (Feb '11) 23 hr AmyFaith 24,640
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Fri The_Box 2,907
Relocating advice Thu KyOhVa 9
How to survive an active shooter situation Wed Bev Jamison 3

Search the Denver Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••