Republicans the party of LIARS

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#13056 Jun 1, 2014
Karl Marx sees the Congress not making laws Obama wants and calls it broken; we call it freedom.

Stop wasteful government spending, repeal intrusive regulations and stop higher taxes.

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#13057 Jun 1, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God we are a Constitutional Republic. Why do you suppose we have a filibuster rule, 3 branches of government and so on? So no single group, big or small, can hold ALL THE POWER. If you don’t like that, then America may not be the place for you!
Looks like you are the one who is out of "place"

Learn your history is will make you a tad more credible....

The filibuster rule is not provided for in the Constitution. Instead, it is a Senate tradition. Our Founding Fathers found the concept of a supermajority being needed to pass a piece of legislation to be unacceptable and contrary to efficiency and the concept of majority rule. A 60 % majority would have been absurd. That is why the Constitution states that in case of a tie (today, that would be 50-50), the vice president – as President of the Senate – would cast the tie-breaking vote.

Your continuous accusation on my character makes you look petty and ignorant....kinda like your beloved GOP

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13058 Jun 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Karl Marx sees the Congress not making laws Obama wants and calls it broken; we call it freedom.
Good thing Karl Marx has been dead since the 1800's. You also need to learn your history

The filibuster rule is not provided for in the Constitution. Instead, it is a Senate tradition. Our Founding Fathers found the concept of a supermajority being needed to pass a piece of legislation to be unacceptable and contrary to efficiency and the concept of majority rule. A 60 % majority would have been absurd. That is why the Constitution states that in case of a tie (today, that would be 50-50), the vice president – as President of the Senate – would cast the tie-breaking vote.
Brian_G wrote:
Stop wasteful government spending, repeal intrusive regulations and stop higher taxes.
When has the Republican party "stopped wasteful government spending" What is an "intrusive regulation"? The Republicans have been LYING about tax reduction (except for the rich) for over 30 YEARS.

Your empty talking point hyperbole is WORN-OUT!

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13059 Jun 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Again your ignorance is astounding...

The President does not introduce, vote on or write law....209 BILLS Filibustered by the least productive congress in HISTORY.....OBSTRUCTIONISM at it's finest....The Republicans are NOT doing what they were elected to do, REPRESENT the people not Corporate America....

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13060 Jun 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Create an economy from the middle out

Restore the budget discipline of the 1990s

G.O.P. creates debt, Dems create surpluses

End corporate welfare

Comprehensive immigration reform

Equal pay and equal rights for women

These are just a few bills the GOP has filibustered......WHY.....simp le.....they are good for ALL Americans and the GOP is good for a few Billionaires!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13061 Jun 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Wasteful spending like Veteran's Affairs? Like the voting record of the GOP?

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13062 Jun 1, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>

I love our Country! America is the greatest Country in the world where our founders established limited government for the people, by the people. A place where individual rights allow people to be who they are, and to be great or even not so great! America is the land of opportunity and the home of the brave and I thank God for the founding of this great land on a daily basis. I also thank God for the truth, Americans make this the greatest Country on earth not the government.
If we take your claim to love America and your claim about our Founders seriously, we could also now say that you were for America before you were against her.

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13063 Jun 1, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>

I love our Country! America is the greatest Country in the world where our founders established limited government for the people, by the people. A place where individual rights allow people to be who they are, and to be great or even not so great! America is the land of opportunity and the home of the brave and I thank God for the founding of this great land on a daily basis. I also thank God for the truth, Americans make this the greatest Country on earth not the government.
You claim to love America, and I’m sure you THINK you do. Unfortunately, loving America for you doesn't mean loving Americans.

If you loved Americans, you wouldn't want to be taking away their health care.

If you loved Americans, you wouldn't advocate making it easy to get access to automatic weapons and kill other Americans.

If you loved Americans you wouldn't support throwing Americans out of work or cause companies to fail by shutting down government.

If they loved Americans, you wouldn't support the Republican threat to default on our debts, many of which are owed to Americans.

If you loved Americans, you wouldn't claim to hate taxes while costing Americans tens of millions of dollars a day in additional interest, thanks to your support of obstructionism and the shut-down of government.

If you loved Americans you would support funding for our Veterans of war.

Loving America is no more than an empty phrase if you don’t love Americans. Real Americans who honor American principles of equality, compassion and religious values need to vote these grade-school Tea Party Domestic Terrorists bullies like YOU out of office.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#13064 Jun 2, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you are the one who is out of "place"
Your continuous accusation on my character makes you look petty and ignorant....kinda like your beloved GOP
“Looks like you are the one who is out of "place"

The filibuster rule is not provided for in the Constitution. Instead, it is a Senate tradition. Our Founding Fathers found the concept of a supermajority being needed to pass a piece of legislation to be unacceptable and contrary to efficiency and the concept of majority rule. A 60 % majority would have been absurd.” So therefore what?
“That is why the Constitution states that in case of a tie (today, that would be 50-50), the vice president – as President of the Senate – would cast the tie-breaking vote.” So now you agree that democrats hold the power? Interesting.

“Your continuous accusation on my character makes you look petty and ignorant....kinda like your beloved GOP” Maybe if you didn’t claim the government provides grants for 99.9% of charities you wouldn’t have a poor character… Your character is your responsibility.

Level 6

Location hidden

#13065 Jun 2, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
If we take your claim to love America and your claim about our Founders seriously, we could also now say that you were for America before you were against her.
I have never been against her.

Level 6

Location hidden

#13066 Jun 2, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to love America, and I’m sure you THINK you do. Unfortunately, loving America for you doesn't mean loving Americans.
If you loved Americans, you wouldn't want to be taking away their health care.
If you loved Americans, you wouldn't adv.
If they loved Americans, you wouldn't support the Republican threat to default on our debts, many of which are owed to Americans.
If you loved Americans, you wouldn't claim to hate taxes while costing Americans tens of millions of dollars a day in additional interest, thanks to your support of obstructionism and the shut-down of government.
If you loved Americans you would support funding for our Veterans of war.
Loving America is no more than an empty phrase if you don’t love Americans. Real Americans who honor American principles of equality, compassion and religious values need to vote these grade-school Tea Party Domestic Terrorists bullies like YOU out of office.
“You claim to love America, and I’m sure you THINK you do. Unfortunately, loving America for you doesn't mean loving Americans.” Really? Based on what information?

“If you loved Americans, you wouldn't want to be taking away their health care.” If you loved Americans you wouldn’t charge government with FORCING Americans to purchase healthcare or pay a tax if you don’t, effectively removing personal Liberty.

“If you loved Americans, you wouldn't advocate making it easy to get access to automatic weapons and kill other Americans.” If you loved Americans you would allow them their Constitutional right to protect themselves from bad people who want to kill others.

“If you loved Americans you wouldn't support throwing Americans out of work or cause companies to fail by shutting down government.” LOL… If you loved America you wouldn’t be supporting the party in power who caused that with negotiation.

“If they loved Americans, you wouldn't support the Republican threat to default on our debts, many of which are owed to Americans.” If you loved America you wouldn’t steal from future Americans to pay for bloated programs and the wasteful spending already caused the debt in the first place.

“If you loved Americans, you wouldn't claim to hate taxes while costing Americans tens of millions of dollars a day in additional interest, thanks to your support of obstructionism and the shut-down of government.” LOL… Cite the post where I “claim to hate taxes”? You can’t stop lying can you!
If you loved America you wouldn’t hate the rules, the process, or our Constitution in favor of getting your party’s way.

“If you loved Americans you would support funding for our Veterans of war.” LOL I do.
If you loved America you obviously shouldn’t have voted for officials who actually took care of our Veterans of war, through actions.

“Loving America is no more than an empty phrase if you don’t love Americans. Real Americans who honor American principles of equality, compassion and religious values need to vote these grade-school Tea Party Domestic Terrorists bullies like YOU out of office.”

If you really loved America you would place more trust in Americans and much less trust in government.
If you loved America you would give up the belief that the government knows better what to do for Americans than Americans do.
If you loved America you would take pride in yourself, what you do for your community, and strive to give to your community, instead of asking the government to do it for you.
If you loved America, you would be for Liberty for all Americans and you should be for a government that protects that Liberty for all Americans. Not pick and choose a few beneficiaries.
AND if you really loved America would you see and understand the tea party of today is the very same tea party from history!

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13067 Jun 2, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>

If you loved America you would give up the belief that the government knows better what to do for Americans than Americans do.
I have always been for Americans making their own decisions and I have always been for the Government Governing doing what they were elected to do REPRESENT AMERICANS not CORPORATIONS something the GOP has forgot and or does not care about.
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you loved America you would take pride in yourself, what you do for your community, and strive to give to your community, instead of asking the government to do it for you.
I have always and continue to be very proud of my heritage my children and my community and my country. I donate 30% of my annual income to local charity every year. I worked for a non-profit charitable organization for 20+ years helping Americans. I have NEVER received government assistance, but in the U.S.A. Government has a responsibility to take care of those who need help!
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you loved America, you would be for Liberty for all Americans and you should be for a government that protects that Liberty for all Americans. Not pick and choose a few beneficiaries.
Every federal program and or charitable organization for that matter has guidelines for who qualifies for services....Not picking and choosing who is or is not a beneficiary. but qualifying.
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
AND if you really loved America would you see and understand the tea party of today is the very same tea party from history!
COMPLETE and UTTER RUBBISH.....The original Tea Party of 1773 was formed to deal with taxation with-out representation and the Big Business over pricing their goods to the colonists. The East India Tea Company was gouging colonists buying off politicians in Parliament (kinda like the Koch Brothers) and the people revolted against it..

Today Big Business is the Tea Party (Koch industries) and ALL Americans have the right to vote for who they feel best represents them and their needs. Problem with most of the Tea Partiers of today they vote against their own best interest because they have bought into the propaganda, fear and hate spewed by the right and do not do the work necessary or open their eyes and minds to see they are being duped!

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13068 Jun 2, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been against her.
Then explain you disdain for OUR President that was DEMOCRATICALLY elected TWICE. And your continued disdain for DEMOCRATICALLY passed legislation that helps MILLIONS and MILLIONS of your fellow AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Your disdain for immigration

Your support of discrimination based on sexual orientation

Your support of Corporations that destroy our planet

etc....etc.....

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13069 Jun 2, 2014
Colorado poised to be a leader of new EPA guidelines

EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy said:

"For the sake of our families' health and our kids' future, we have a moral obligation to act on climate. When we do, we'll turn climate risk into business opportunity, we'll spur innovation and investment, and we'll build a world-leading clean energy economy. The science is clear. The risks are clear. And the high costs of climate inaction keep piling up"

In 2004, voters passed a measure requiring renewable sources of energy to generate a portion of electricity used in the state.

Colorado requires investor-owned utilities to convert coal-fired power plants to reduce emissions

30 percent of electricity used in Colorado by 2020 is set to be generated from renewable sources

Xcel Energy's coal-fired Valmont plant in Boulder is scheduled for retirement by 2017

Three of four units in Xcel's Cherokee plant in Denver are scheduled to be shut down while a fourth is converted to run on natural gas

Colorado is a leader across the nation and will lead in renewable energy consumption by 2030

President Obama has enforced the LAW, voted into law by Congress in 2005.....Now the Republicans want to cry....Typical

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#13070 Jun 2, 2014
For the love of Country and Veterans President Obama brings home POW

The President has constitutional authority to make prisoner exchanges as
Commander-in-Chief and responsible for foreign affairs. Can anyone
seriously think a highly confidential negotiation for prisoner release
should be subject to Congressional grandstanding? The Far Right GOP
politicians taking cheap shots about the President bringing home a
solder after five long years of capture should be ashamed of themselves.

President Obama was twice elected and made clear his intention to get us out of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. Our country's tradition includes bringing home those captured by the enemy. Far Right GOP cheap shots harm to the confidence of future solders that our country will not leave them behind in enemy dungeons in future wars.

Good Job Mr. President

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#13071 Jun 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Concur.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13072 Jun 2, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
For the love of Country and Veterans President Obama brings home POW
The President has constitutional authority to make prisoner exchanges as
Commander-in-Chief and responsible for foreign affairs. Can anyone
seriously think a highly confidential negotiation for prisoner release
should be subject to Congressional grandstanding? The Far Right GOP
politicians taking cheap shots about the President bringing home a
solder after five long years of capture should be ashamed of themselves.
President Obama was twice elected and made clear his intention to get us out of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. Our country's tradition includes bringing home those captured by the enemy. Far Right GOP cheap shots harm to the confidence of future solders that our country will not leave them behind in enemy dungeons in future wars.
Good Job Mr. President
God Bless us for mature leadership....
Archie Bunker

Englewood, CO

#13073 Jun 2, 2014
Mountains of Meat!
Archie Bunker

Englewood, CO

#13074 Jun 2, 2014
Mountains of meat!

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Denver, CO

#13075 Jun 3, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> You forget, that the competition between insurance companies, is the feature tempering any pricing increases....C'mon Man.....
Get real!!! Read something before commenting please. That is exactly my point!!! If things are working as capitalism does then why are prices going up when the number of customers are going over the roof?
If I owned an insurance company I would simply lower my prices and grab every new person that comes along. Since I was making a profit before OC started then I could still RAISE my prices, keeping them lower than the competition, and make a much better profit than I was before. So obviously something is not working as it should or as legal as it should be!

GO BLUE,

I'm not sure how you got the idea you did? My point fits what you say so you are telling me that I am wrong and then using a new avenue to say what I was saying??? I don't get it???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr cpeter1313 60,830
last post wins! (Feb '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 26,437
Respect71 is a hypocritical LOSER (Dec '15) 23 hr Respect71 23
COLORADO the NEW CALIFORNIA Sat CO IS FULL 7
Time to Chill it's 4/20!! Apr 20 Native Landlord 1
Damascus will fall, America will be invaded, Wa... Apr 19 BraveHeart 1
Abortion is Wrong Apr 18 Cry for help 1

Denver Jobs

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages