You can call me Dick

Gering, NE

#12917 May 15, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
How many low wage earners get paid by the month and or year?
Most likely they get paid bi-weekly at an amount of 80 hours x $7.25 =$580.00
$580.00 x 2 =$1,160 a month
$1,160 a month x 12 months =$13,920 a YEAR
WELL BELOW THE POVERTY LEVEL!!!!!!
Even using your figures at $15,080 is well below the poverty level
Karl
Your math is still WRONG!!!!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#12918 May 15, 2014
Obama's still failing

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12920 May 15, 2014
positronium wrote:
Obama's still failing
What a firm grasp of reality, eludes you....Dow and S&P 500 at record highs....

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12922 May 15, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I read very well Thank you all the same!
You *claimed* someone making ,minimum wage is considered wealthy
$14,500 a year. Thatís what a full-time, minimum-wage job pays
What world do you live in?
$14,500 a year is well below the poverty line and a long shot from wealthy....
You are so completely brainwashed you believe anything the right wing nut jobs spew don't you?
LOLÖ You canít be thankful for your own blessingsÖ We are the riches Country in the world and you still cry like a baby! Your party is losing on all fronts and the lies are what did it.
Iím still fond of your lie 99.9% of all private charities receive government grants. Thatís the world I live in, the one where you and your party leaders lie through your teeth to steal money from the future generations of our Nation to pay for wasteful government programs that remove our liberty.

Level 6

Location hidden

#12923 May 15, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text> 7+ Million AMERICANS receiving healthcare some for the first time in their lives wouldn't consider themselves a "select few" But being a Republican Domestic Terrorist Tea FREAK I wouldn't expect for you to care about your fellow Americans, only YOUR CHOSEN SELECT FEW you know the ones like YOU......an IGNORANT BRAINWASHED FOOL
CBO finds that raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour would directly benefit 16.5 million workers.
I guess 16.5 million working poor AMERICANS would not consider themselves as a "select few"
<quoted text>CBO found that employment doesn't decline in any meaningful way as a result of minimum wage increases.
http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/a...
Funny how it doesnít address the 92 million of able Americans NOT working in the labor force, the highest since 1978!
ďFirst, higher wages increase the cost to employers of pro-ducing goods and services. The employers pass some of those increased costs on to consumers in the form of higher prices, and those higher prices, in turn, lead the consumers to purchase fewer of the goods and services. The employers consequently produce fewer goods and services, so they hire fewer workers. That is known as a scale effect, and it reduces employment among both low-wage workers and higher-wage workers.

Second, a minimum-wage increase raises the cost of low-wage workers relative to other inputs that employers use to produce goods and services, such as machines, technology, and more productive higher-wage workers. Some employers respond by reducing their use of low-wage workers and shifting toward those other inputs. That is known as a substitution effect, and it reduces employment among low-wage workers but increases it among higher-wage workers.Ē

NET LOSS! But whatever right?Ö as long as we help very few Americans at the expense of those who work very hard to earn a living.
catzclaw

Salt Lake City, UT

#12924 May 15, 2014
Oral n Hardy wrote:
Trust me .The Self spoon fed Democrats will ruin Colorado just like they ruined California. Haven't you noticed all the people leaving California and moving to Colorado.
In case you hadn't noticed, Arnold Schwarzenegger ruled there previously to THIS Governor. Nothing and I mean nothing happens overnight. But once ridiculous laws are put into place in the late hours of the evening....? It is damned near impossible to rid ourselves OF them. Jerry Brown cannot single handedly FIX the things that are wrong beginning with Reagan's policies...no free schools is the biggest problem! Privatization is certainly another. AND please explain your description: "Self spoon fed Democrats".?
catzclaw

Salt Lake City, UT

#12925 May 15, 2014
You can call me Dick wrote:
<quoted text>
Double check your common core math or your source.
Unfortunately MOST workers do not GET 40 hours per week, so the 14,000.00 you claim is really 10-12 K per year. YEE-HA, we can go on vacation to the OZARKS and stay in a TENT we bought from the Good-Will store! The work schedule changes on people in the "food" industry, with a rotation every week to two weeks, and you don't know what it is until you go in on the day the schedule is posted or if you're working that day, you can take a gander at it before you travel home for over an hour...ESPECIALLY if you live in CO. LIFE is expensive when you have to try to put food on the table, clean your uniform, be healthy, be fit for the long hauls of energy one needs for the job,,...and you don't have your own washer dryer so that's a full day of travel back and forth IF you can't afford a car, insurance, etc., or on other transportation...while paying for a phone so your employer can reach you at their command, pay rent for the cigar box you live in, and if you have children? Really?@ 7.25 an hour? And some folks are afraid their Mc D's burger is going to go up in price? IF that happens SHAME on an industry who serves BILLIONS at any given location and pays its CEO's 1000% MORE than its workers! SHAME!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#12926 May 15, 2014
catzclaw wrote:
Unfortunately MOST workers do not GET 40 hours per week, so the 14,000.00 you claim is really 10-12 K per year. YEE-HA, we can go on vacation to the OZARKS and stay in a TENT we bought from the Good-Will store! The work schedule changes on people in the "food" industry, with a rotation every week to two weeks, and you don't know what it is until you go in on the day the schedule is posted or if you're working that day, you can take a gander at it before you travel home for over an hour...ESPECIALLY if you live in CO. LIFE is expensive when you have to try to put food on the table, clean your uniform, be healthy, be fit for the long hauls of energy one needs for the job,,...and you don't have your own washer dryer so that's a full day of travel back and forth IF you can't afford a car, insurance, etc., or on other transportation...while paying for a phone so your employer can reach you at their command, pay rent for the cigar box you live in, and if you have children? Really?@ 7.25 an hour? And some folks are afraid their Mc D's burger is going to go up in price? IF that happens SHAME on an industry who serves BILLIONS at any given location and pays its CEO's 1000% MORE than its workers! SHAME!
Do you believe the world owes you a living? What stops you from becoming a CEO? Could those skills, experience and education be valuable, is that why they earn so much more?

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#12927 May 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe the world owes you a living? What stops you from becoming a CEO? Could those skills, experience and education be valuable, is that why they earn so much more?
Oh' so now your a CEO and think a CEO position is in the cards for everyone! Your argument is ridiculous!

So Brian do you think Medicare should be turned into a Voucher system? And the age for availability of Medicare be raised to 70?

Colorado Republican Corey Gardner (up for re-election) voted to raise the retirement age to 70 SEVENTY YEARS OF AGE and VOUCHERIZE medicare.

One will have to work until they are 70-SEVENTY and then be given a coupon to pay for her medical expenses! That is if Corey Gardner wins re-election.....

The Republicans want you to work until you fall over dead, and do not dare ask for a LIVABLE WAGE and or FOOD

VOTE IN NOVEMBER........STOP the Republicans from screwing OUR FUTURE!!

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#12928 May 15, 2014
"We are not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people." - Paul Ryan.

I mean, after my Representative has voted to kill me over 50 times, I'd like to think I'd wise up that they want me dead.

VOTE the Republican SCUM OUT in NOVEMBER!!!

Level 6

Location hidden

#12929 May 16, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
"We are not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people." - Paul Ryan.
I mean, after my Representative has voted to kill me over 50 times, I'd like to think I'd wise up that they want me dead.
VOTE the Republican SCUM OUT in NOVEMBER!!!
Will you explain why 1/3 of Americans who signed up for Obamacare havenít paid please?
Will you explain why you like to STEAL MONEY from future Americans to pay for the programs you so proudly tout?
Will you again explain how 99.9% of private charities receive federal government grats?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12930 May 16, 2014
Would you explain?...Would you explain?...Would you explain again?....This is what serves for intelligence, among the lowly Reich supporters....the brownshirts of their times.....

Level 6

Location hidden

#12931 May 16, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Would you explain?...Would you explain?...Would you explain again?....This is what serves for intelligence, among the lowly Reich supporters....the brownshirts of their times.....
The point you, you canít explain which is a blatant display of your lack of intelligence. You continue to tout Obama and his successful economic policies while 92 million able workers canít even join the works force. You are just as bad as Karl stealing from the future of our country to pay for your wasteful programs!
Please, if you have intelligence, show it off! You wonít youíll just keep spewing the leftist media headlines as if itís truthÖ You believe a youtube video is responsible for Benghazi donít you?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#12932 May 16, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
"We are not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people." - Paul Ryan. I mean, after my Representative has voted to kill me over 50 times, I'd like to think I'd wise up that they want me dead. VOTE the Republican SCUM OUT in NOVEMBER!!!
Can yo provide a citation or is this a lie meant to defame Republicans?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#12933 May 16, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Oh' so now your a CEO and think a CEO position is in the cards for everyone! Your argument is ridiculous!
Obviously, nobody wants Karl Marx VIIII to be the CEO of their corporation.

It seems obvious to me, if "a CEO position is in the cards for everyone", then their compensation would be less, based on simple supply and demand. It takes special skills to become a successful CEO, that's why their paid more than the average worker.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
So Brian do you think Medicare should be turned into a Voucher system? And the age for availability of Medicare be raised to 70?
We can discuss reforming entitlements; sooner or later we must. We can't keep spending money we don't have else where sure to go bust sooner or later.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
...The Republicans want you to work until you fall over dead, and do not dare ask for a LIVABLE WAGE and or FOOD
I wouldn't dream of asking my government for a livable wage and food; I earn those myself. Your biggest problem probably isn't your government.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
VOTE IN NOVEMBER........STOP the Republicans from screwing OUR FUTURE!!
Here we agree, but the Democrats have been in power so know who to blame.
GOP shows its face

London, KY

#12934 May 16, 2014
Yesterday all but one republican voted against $85 billion in tax credits for american families.

They openly admit they voted against and blocked the tax cuts only in protest of the Democrats. McConnell even stating to media that "This is bigger than any one bill."

They don't care about the americans they suppose to represent. They only care about winning elections by trying to make the opposing party look bad.

Families NEED those tax cuts. They need to pay bills and feed their families. But the republicans blocked the cuts anyway.
You can call me Dick

Gering, NE

#12935 May 16, 2014
catzclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Cat,
If a employee works 40 hours each week for 1 year and earns $7.25 for each hour would that employee gross earnings =$15080, Yes or No?
You can call me Dick

Gering, NE

#12936 May 16, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> What a firm grasp of reality, eludes you....Dow and S&P 500 at record highs....
Your grasp of Finance and Economics is self evident.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#12937 May 16, 2014
GOP shows its face wrote:
Yesterday all but one republican voted against $85 billion in tax credits for american families. They openly admit they voted against and blocked the tax cuts only in protest of the Democrats. McConnell even stating to media that "This is bigger than any one bill." They don't care about the americans they suppose to represent. They only care about winning elections by trying to make the opposing party look bad. Families NEED those tax cuts. They need to pay bills and feed their families. But the republicans blocked the cuts anyway.
Why don't you cite the bill? Our government is deep in debt and spending money faster than it can rake it in. You do know, the Republicans are the party of tax cuts; remember the Bush tax cuts that Obama and the Democrats let expire last year? The Republicans support tax cuts for all, the Democrats are about more spending and taxes; especially taxes on the rich. The Democrats hate the rich, except their rich donors. Democrats pander to billionaire Tom Steyer for stopping Americans jobs on the pipeline and raising the price of energy.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#12938 May 16, 2014
I'll tell you what, let's insult Republicans who are weak on Immigration. Where are you, Marco Rubio?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Terra Firma 19,355
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 16 min Respect71 2,787
Colorado Law Enforcement Switches Message in Th... Sat Culture Auditor 1
News 2 men in flaming car ram Glasgow Airport; suspe... (Jun '07) Sat joec106 6
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) Apr 18 Respect71 1,312
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) Apr 18 Red_Forman 104
News Seven Things To Do To Celebrate Earth Day Aroun... Apr 18 mjjcpa 1
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]