“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12573 Apr 11, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Americas Voters have a choice between a party that's at least trying to help out the millions of uninsured Americans and to deal with all the problems and expenses they create for those of us who are and always have been insured, and the party that has been bought lock, stock and barrel by the insurance companies/the HMOs, and has been bending over backwards to avoid doing anything constructive and everything OBstructive. Wow. Talk about a dilemma.
But here's the even bigger dilemma: for decades, millions of "salt-of-the-earth" types; white working class folks with families to feed and medical bills to pay, have been voting republican over and over again, even though their party has been on a long running crusade to screw them right into the ground to make money available for tanks and tax cuts for fat cats. Of course you'll never hear about that on FoxNoiser, Breitbart.com or the Blaze. You'll hear precisely the opposite in fact. You'll hear that everything that ails the working/middle class is Obama's fault.
But in spite of the best efforts by the conservative entertainment complex, I'm sure the GOP's cuts in food stamps, medicare and medicaid got the attention of their at least some of their constituents, since the majority of food stamps and medicaid are used by white folks in red states, and $100,000,000 are cashed in every year by military families. How long will it be, before working class republicans reach for their benefits checks, go to use their medicaid or medicare benefits and find condolence cards from Ted Cruz or Paul Ryan instead?
Your post was refreshingly interesting,( I don't see them often) but I am curious. How long do you think it will be?

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#12574 Apr 11, 2014
Kawalski wrote:
<quoted text>
GO KARL!!!!!
Where have you been hiding? A well said post by a well informed person!!!
Thank You, Its nice to know there are good Americans still on Topix.....Sometimes Topix seems over run with these tea party radical foxnoise dumbed down types.

I have been here since 2008 when the Local Fox31 message board migrated to Topix.. I started this thread in 2011

Again, Thank You, feel free to educate the less fortunate....You know the Americans that vote against their own best interest......

Denver, CO

#12575 Apr 11, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Your post was refreshingly interesting,( I don't see them often) but I am curious. How long do you think it will be?
How long it will be for what?

Republicans to wake up to what the party is REALLY about? I figure with the demographics in this country changing quickly and the republicans screwing middle America, the working poor, the elderly and women at record levels it will not be long.....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12576 Apr 11, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
How long it will be for what?
Republicans to wake up to what the party is REALLY about? I figure with the demographics in this country changing quickly and the republicans screwing middle America, the working poor, the elderly and women at record levels it will not be long.....
" How long will it be, before working class republicans reach for their benefits checks, go to use their medicaid or medicare benefits and find condolence cards from Ted Cruz or Paul Ryan instead?"
Could you be more specific Before I decide to build my little pod in order to weather the coming storm? Do you think it will get to the point whereI have to shoot people?

Littleton, CO

#12577 Apr 13, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
KarlVIIIII is right, the Democrat's intentions are good
Thank you Brian, that must be the most intelligent thing you ever posted!

Littleton, CO

#12578 Apr 13, 2014
Paul Ryan and the current batch of Congressional Republicans Expect the Elderly, Poor and Unemployed to Pay Off The Debt.

The elderly, poor and working middle Americans DIDN'T CREATE the DEBT

TWO unfunded republican wars, huge tax cuts for the rich, republican economic policy and Wall Street greed is what created the crashing of the economy, killing millions of Americans’ jobs, and ushering in the Great Recession of 2008.

But NOW in 2014 the republicans want the Retired, the Poor and Struggling Working Americans to foot the bill.....If you even mention raising taxes on the Oil Corporations and the rich the republicans have a hemorrhage....

Plenty of hard working tax paying Americans have voted Republican for generations BUT when the Republicans "Plan" hits home they might just might wake up!

The republican plan is to SCREW middle America to reward Oil Corporations and the Rich!

Littleton, CO

#12580 Apr 13, 2014
Righteous wrote:
<quoted text>
and I thought you libitards were morons before they legalized pot........
Maybe you should stop smoking "pot" and you would come out of your self induced haze!!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12581 Apr 13, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
How long it will be for what? Republicans to wake up to what the party is REALLY about? I figure with the demographics in this country changing quickly and the republicans screwing middle America, the working poor, the elderly and women at record levels it will not be long.....
We need the Republicans to protect us from the Democrats big spending, big taxing and big regulating ways; not one Republican voted for Obamacare.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12583 Apr 13, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Thank you Brian, that must be the most intelligent thing you ever posted!
Karl Marx, Don't thank me, just don't misquote me like this fakedquote: "KarlVIIIII is right, the Democrat's intentions are good" Karl Marx posted here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/denver/T3CSPPOOCHA...

My real post goes: "Karl Marx is right, the Democrat's intentions are good and Obama is surprised as anyone else, that he lied and said "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor and if you like your healthcare plan you can keep it. Period." I posted that here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/denver/T3CSPPOOCHA...

The left needs bad scholarship like Karl's because truth's not on their side.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#12584 Apr 13, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Paul Ryan and the current batch of Congressional Republicans Expect the Elderly, Poor and Unemployed to Pay Off The Debt.
The elderly, poor and working middle Americans DIDN'T CREATE the DEBT
TWO unfunded republican wars, huge tax cuts for the rich, republican economic policy and Wall Street greed is what created the crashing of the economy, killing millions of Americans’ jobs, and ushering in the Great Recession of 2008.
But NOW in 2014 the republicans want the Retired, the Poor and Struggling Working Americans to foot the bill.....If you even mention raising taxes on the Oil Corporations and the rich the republicans have a hemorrhage....
Plenty of hard working tax paying Americans have voted Republican for generations BUT when the Republicans "Plan" hits home they might just might wake up!
The republican plan is to SCREW middle America to reward Oil Corporations and the Rich!
What's Obama's plan, borrow more money from China to finance his $ 7 Trillion added debt and jobless stimulus was supposed to solve all the worlds problems including lowering the seas?

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Aurora, CO

#12585 Apr 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Your post was refreshingly interesting,( I don't see them often) but I am curious. How long do you think it will be?
I had quit coming to this site due to the disrespectful nature of reply's by right wing radicals. Now that I am seeing people such as yourself in here I will be back in the hope of having REAL discussions

I worked for over 20 years to get some kind of health program started in this country. That was all volunteer time and a ton of work. IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! I am having problems getting information though. You would think I know everything about Obamacare having put in 20 years yet I am as lost as most people are. Here are a few questions:

Why the hell are the monthly payments so high when they should be at nearly half of what they were prior to Obamacare?
Why are medications going up in price so radically that only criminal activity could be involved for it to happen. Why is the news NOT saying something about this?.
Why have HEALTH insurance companies been getting and projecting higher profits than ever in their history?

Putting together all that I have learned over that 20 years and all of the professional people I know who are involved with health care the only answer I can surmise is that the GOP is winning this war after all. Please tell me I am wrong and why?

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Aurora, CO

#12586 Apr 14, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You, Its nice to know there are good Americans still on Topix.....Sometimes Topix seems over run with these tea party radical foxnoise dumbed down types.
I have been here since 2008 when the Local Fox31 message board migrated to Topix.. I started this thread in 2011
Again, Thank You, feel free to educate the less fortunate....You know the Americans that vote against their own best interest......
Now that I have finally found some LIVE people on this site I want to ask you a question that normally would be impossible:

I have worked for over 20 years as a volunteer director of a neurological disorder. Health care has been our #2 priority directly behind education. WE FINALLY HAVE IT!!! I recently retired from the board but still go to meetings. There are a few questions that the board is grappling with and I would like to know your opinion?

Why the hell are the monthly payments so high when they should be at nearly half of what they were prior to Obamacare?
Why are medications going up in price so radically that only criminal activity could be involved for it to happen. Why is the news NOT saying something about this?.
Why have HEALTH insurance companies been getting and projecting higher profits than ever in their history?

Putting together all that I have learned over that 20 years and all of the professional people I know who are involved with health care the only answer I can surmise is that the GOP is winning this war after all. Please tell me I am wrong and why?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12587 Apr 14, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Obama's plan, borrow more money from China to finance his $ 7 Trillion added debt and jobless stimulus was supposed to solve all the worlds problems including lowering the seas?
This post is an Embarrassment....Totally uninformed on our economy....

Level 1

Location hidden

#12588 Apr 14, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> This post is an Embarrassment....Totally uninformed on our economy....
I'm glad I embarrassed you. I didn't think any Obamabot could be embarrassed by his sub par economic performance.

Denver, CO

#12590 Apr 14, 2014
Kawalski wrote:
<quoted text>

The short answer is: We’re being fleeced. The republicans wanted the American people to believe the ACA is Socialized Medicine" But contrary to their MANY lies the ACA is based on Capitalism giving the insurance corporations the discretion to set prices/rates at their discretion....This will change as they are now required to refund monies not spent directly on health care to their customers.

Denver, CO

#12591 Apr 14, 2014
Righteous wrote:
<quoted text>
oblameO is the "embarrassment"..... ..... he has made the USA the laughing stock of the Free world... and dumb sheeple just do not see it... you keep looking at that shiny object he dangles in you face...
So, are you going to vote for Obama in 2016?

The democrats did SOMETHING about health care in this Country the republicans did NOTHING

Denver, CO

#12592 Apr 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
not one Republican voted for Obamacare.
Correct...

The Republicans have done NOTHING. With the exception of harboring tax breaks for Oil Corporations and multi-millionaires. At the expense of the rest of us.

Level 1

Location hidden

#12593 Apr 14, 2014
You just can't make this shite up...

RECORD-HIGH 60% OF CALIFORNIANS SAY THEY PAY TOO MUCH TAX

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California...

Level 1

Location hidden

#12594 Apr 14, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct...
The Republicans have done NOTHING. With the exception of harboring tax breaks for Oil Corporations and multi-millionaires. At the expense of the rest of us.
Senate Democrats Want $65 Billion in Business Tax Breaks

Denver, CO

#12595 Apr 14, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
You just can't make this shite up...
RECORD-HIGH 60% OF CALIFORNIANS SAY THEY PAY TOO MUCH TAX
Taxes on an income of $100,000 in the U.S. compared to 114 countries around the world. And guess where the USA came in - 55th. That’s right, there are 54 countries around the world where that wage-earner would pay more in taxes. The U.S. right in the middle.

Compare tax rates on a $300,000 earner in the U.S.. Since according to the republicans our high-income earners are clearly overburdened, that would show up in the onerous taxes Americans have to pay, right? Well, guess what – the USA is 53rd. Yeah, 52 other countries tax their high-wage-earners at a higher rate. Right in the middle again.

The republican Tea Party claims are FALSE and running on nothing but fear and completely mis-informed followers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Brian_G 3,332
New Facebook Group: Former Ebay Sellers (Feb '14) 7 hr NetWatch 10
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 20 hr DILF 34
strippers (Mar '14) Sun yeah 2
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) Sat Petal Power 4,217
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Sep 19 Eaddae 305
9news: USGS: Oil, gas at fault for Colo. earth... Sep 19 Bev Jamison 1
•••
•••
•••