Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Trolli wrote:
<quoted text>
Leftwing troll behavior eh? Inject racism and change the subject. I'll take that as.......... you have no argument then. I win thanks.
You failed to answer a simple question

What is a "swaggering dictator"?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Trolli wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolrofl! It's always someone else causing your pain and preferably a man huh? And most especially a white man?
Our economic recovery? What the leftwing trolls recovery, that's funny.
Dear queer diary.....this administration is doing just fine at making themselves look bad.
NEW-HOME SALES REACH FASTEST RATE IN 5 YEARS......Associated Press(2-27-14)......Washington -- A surprisingly strong pace of new home sales last month has boosted hopes that the spring buying season will be solid enough to lift the overall economy.....Sales of new homes rebounded in January to the highest rate in more than five years. The strength in purchases followed a slowdown that had been linked to higher interest rates and severe winter weather.....The report, Wednesday from the Commerce Department helped support stock prices, especially shares of homebuilders.....Many economist predict that sales of both new homes and existing homes will rise in 2014, lifted by an improved economy and strong job growth.....

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
If you care about young, unskilled and minority workers, don't price them out of the job market.
Quit already with your LIES and right wing domestic terrorist hyperbole.

An analysis of Census Bureau data finds that roughly two thirds (66 percent) of low-wage workers are employed by large companies with over 100 employees, not small businesses. Furthermore, the largest low-wage employers – including retail and fast food chains such as Walmart and McDonalds – are earning strong profits today and can afford higher wages.
http://www.nelp.org/page/-/rtmw/NELP-Big-Busi...

Just about everyone except Republican men believes that the lowest-paid workers should see a raise in the minimum wage

Again the Old White Republican men are in the ever growing MINORITY

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer AGAIN....
Hint: The Supreme Court ruled on the "Meaning" of the General Welfare clause in 1936
General welfare clause refers to a clause in the U.S. Constitution that empowers Congress to levy taxes and pay debts for the general welfare of the country. The U. S. Supreme Court first interpreted the clause in 1936. The court held that the general welfare language in the taxing-and-spending clause constituted a separate grant of power to Congress to spend in areas over which it was not granted direct regulatory control. Therefore the general welfare clause gave the congress the power collect taxes fund and make law processes which were democratically voted on. ie: The Affordable Care Act, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, TANF, and yes SNAP (food stamps)
I will ask one last time. What is the MEANING of “GENERAL WELFARE” as it is stated in our Constitution.

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask one last time. What is the MEANING of “GENERAL WELFARE” as it is stated in our Constitution.
How many times do you need to be smacked in the head before you decide it hurts?

The General Welfare Clause Article I, Section 8 (in the constitution) grants Congress broad powers to spend federal money.

In 1936 The Supreme Court established that determination of the general welfare would be left to the discretion of Congress.

"Broad powers to spend federal money"

On such things as:

The ACA

Medicare

FEMA

Medicaid

SNAP (food stamps)

Health and Human Services

Federal Museums

Education

Federal Highways/Roads

Police

Military (national defense)

National Parks

Education

ETC.........

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>How many times do you need to be smacked in the head before you decide it hurts?

The General Welfare Clause Article I, Section 8 (in the constitution) grants Congress broad powers to spend federal money.

In 1936 The Supreme Court established that determination of the general welfare would be left to the discretion of Congress.

"Broad powers to spend federal money"

On such things as:

The ACA

Medicare

FEMA

Medicaid

SNAP (food stamps)

Health and Human Services

Federal Museums

Education

Federal Highways/Roads

Police

Military (national defense)

National Parks

Education

ETC.........
So in other words you can't?
Last time. What is the meaning of "GENERAL WELFARE" as it is written in our Constitution?

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time. What is the meaning of "GENERAL WELFARE" as it is written in our Constitution?
I have provided the "Meaning" of General Welfare as it WAS written in the United States Constitution and interpreted by the Supreme Court in 1936 4 FOUR times if you cannot READ and COMPREHEND do not feel bad I'm quite sure you were the smartest 18 year old in the 4th grade!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Quit already with your LIES and right wing domestic terrorist hyperbole. An analysis of Census Bureau data finds that roughly two thirds (66 percent) of low-wage workers are employed by large companies with over 100 employees, not small businesses. Furthermore, the largest low-wage employers – including retail and fast food chains such as Walmart and McDonalds – are earning strong profits today and can afford higher wages. http://www.nelp.org/page/-/rtmw/NELP-Big-Busi... Just about everyone except Republican men believes that the lowest-paid workers should see a raise in the minimum wage Again the Old White Republican men are in the ever growing MINORITY
And the Congressional Budget Office and the Federal Reserve says raising the minimum wage will lose jobs:

If President Obama succeeds in his bid to raise America’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, the move would probably mean fewer jobs, not just higher pay for low-skill workers.

That’s the assessment given by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen Thursday in testimony before Congress....
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2014/0227/F...

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And the Congressional Budget Office and the Federal Reserve says raising the minimum wage will lose jobs:
If President Obama succeeds in his bid to raise America’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, the move would probably mean fewer jobs, not just higher pay for low-skill workers.
That’s the assessment given by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen Thursday in testimony before Congress....
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2014/0227/F...
You conveniently leave out of your own right wing biased Christian Science Monitor link:

"Labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes"

Net employment losses would be " Less than half of 1 percent of all US employment"

Even IF 500,000 jobs were lost, the CBO ESTIMATED

The wage hike would boost overall US income, while sending more of it to bottom-rung workers.

Why would you want to deny hardworking Americans a livable wage? And at the same time complain about the very same Americans receiving food stamps etc....

Your logic does not hold water, but we already knew the right HATES the poor and low wage hardworking Americans their policies prove it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
You conveniently leave out of your own right wing biased Christian Science Monitor link: "Labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes"
I don't believe Karl used convenience when he typed the misquote above, I beleive he wanted to deliberately mislead so he rewrote the quote to suit his scholarship and intelligence. The real quote reads:

"Some labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes."

Also note, none of those "labor economists" are cited by name.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Net employment losses would be " Less than half of 1 percent of all US employment" Even IF 500,000 jobs were lost, the CBO ESTIMATED
^^^Here's another example of Karl's scholarship, the real quote reads:

"With more than 10 million Americans unemployed, half a million jobs is a significant number. But, for context, it’s less than half of 1 percent of all US employment."

Don't take what I write on faith, here's the link again: http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2014/0227/F... Do a string serch and you'll see no sentance starts: "Less than half".

KarlVIIIII wrote:
The wage hike would boost overall US income, while sending more of it to bottom-rung workers. Why would you want to deny hardworking Americans a livable wage?
A wage hike won't boost overall income, it will drive up the price of labor so unskilled, young and minority workers would become uncompetitive and cause more job loss. Employers have only so much money for payroll, government price mandates would just cut that payroll among fewer employees.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
And at the same time complain about the very same Americans receiving food stamps etc....
We're in world record debt and more Americans are on food stamps than ever before: Welcome to Obamaville.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Your logic does not hold water, but we already knew the right HATES the poor and low wage hardworking Americans their policies prove it!
Labor unions would benefit greatly from increasing the minimum wage since their contracts include wage increases to make up for wage inflation, when the minimum wage increases.

Getting rid of the minimum wage would help the young, poor, minority and unskilled workers by allowing employers to hire more people. Raising the minimum wage will cause inflation and fewer jobs.

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"Some labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes."
Thank you for PROVING my point
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
it’s less than half of 1 percent of all US employment."
Thanks for PROVING my point once again!
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
We're in world record debt and more Americans are on food stamps than ever before:
The United States was in "world record debt" incurred during the American Revolutionary War by the federal government of the United States, after its formation in 1789.

Why would you begrudge your fellow Americans FOOD and a LIVABLE wage?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting rid of the minimum wage would help the young, poor, minority and unskilled workers by allowing employers to hire more people. Raising the minimum wage will cause inflation and fewer jobs.
You do not have ONE verifiable non-partisan source to validate this ridiculous claim

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

Republiclowns led by McCain just recently voted a bill down to help military vets now they want them to go to war against the worlds 2nd largest nuclear power (Russia), is McCain for real how disgusting can these people get.

McCain and the majority of the Republiclowns are either warmongering neo-cons or Domestic Terrorist Tea Freaks....

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Republiclowns led by McCain just recently voted a bill down to help military vets now they want them to go to war against the worlds 2nd largest nuclear power (Russia), is McCain for real how disgusting can these people get.
McCain and the majority of the Republiclowns are either warmongering neo-cons or Domestic Terrorist Tea Freaks....
They are the American Taliban....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't know and that is why he skirts the issue.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Thank you for PROVING my point <quoted text> Thanks for PROVING my point once again!
It was easy to prove Karl misquoted, all I had to do was provide the whole quote in context. Karl tried to imply all labor economists think the effect of increasing the minimum wage on overall employment will be negligible but the quote says only some of them have that belief.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
The United States was in "world record debt" incurred during the American Revolutionary War by the federal government of the United States, after its formation in 1789.
That's true, and the budget has been balanced since then. Obama can't even pass his budget through his party's own Senate.

World record debt isn't a good thing, it hurts the value of the dollar relative to other currency. If the Euro, Yen and Yuan weren't being inflated by their own banks, we'd be in a world of hurt.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Why would you begrudge your fellow Americans FOOD and a LIVABLE wage?
The issue is nothing to do with food or defining a "LIVABLE wage", the issue is government wage and price controls; I'm against them. I oppose having the government set prices for goods or services; I like the market to do that.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
You do not have ONE verifiable non-partisan source to validate this ridiculous claim
I cited the Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen and the Congressional Budget Office so please give me a hint. Which is the "ONE verifiable non-partisan source" I may use? I'm trying to illustrate increasing wages without increasing productivity causes job loss, more automation and more outsourcing.

Just ask any businessperson, if the cost of labor increases, will you employ more people or less?

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>!
The term “general welfare” is often connected with the ancient philosophy of classic republicanism. This philosophy refers to promoting the common good, protection and putting the interests of everyone over the interests of a select group or a few people.
“Article 1. Section 8
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;”
“With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creator.”
“If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.”
“If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the general welfare, the government is no longer a limited one possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one subject to particular exceptions.” James Madison
“Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated.
They are not to do anything they please to provide for the general welfare, but only to lay taxes for that purpose. To consider the latter phrase not as describing the purpose of the first, but as giving a distinct and independent power to do any act they please which may be good for the Union, would render all the preceding and subsequent enumerations of power completely useless. It would reduce the whole instrument to a single phrase, that of instituting a Congress with power to do whatever would be for the good of the United States; and as they would be the sole judges of the good or evil, it would be also a power to do whatever evil they please…. Certainly no such universal power was meant to be given them. It was intended to lace them up straightly within the enumerated powers and those without which, as means, these powers could not be carried into effect.
That of instituting a Congress with power to do whatever would be for the good of the United States; and, as they would be the sole judges of the good or evil, it would be also a power to do whatever evil they please.” Thomas Jefferson

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Judged:

KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have provided the "Meaning" of General Welfare as it WAS written in the United States Constitution and interpreted by the Supreme Court in 1936 4 FOUR times if you cannot READ and COMPREHEND do not feel bad I'm quite sure you were the smartest 18 year old in the 4th grade!
FED PAPAERS 45
The change relating to taxation may be regarded as the most important; and yet the present Congress have as complete authority to REQUIRE of the States indefinite supplies of money for the common defense and general welfare, as the future Congress will have to require them of individual citizens; and the latter will be no more bound than the States themselves have been, to pay the quotas respectively taxed on them. Had the States complied punctually with the articles of Confederation, or could their compliance have been enforced by as peaceable means as may be used with success towards single persons, our past experience is very far from countenancing an opinion, that the State governments would have lost their constitutional powers, and have gradually undergone an entire consolidation. To maintain that such an event would have ensued, would be to say at once, that the existence of the State governments is incompatible with any system whatever that accomplishes the essental purposes of the Union.

Now tell us how OBAMACARE is good and benefits ALL Americans.
AND Still waiting on your Cite that “99.9% of ALL charities in the U.S. receive GOVERNMENT GRANTS!!!!!!!!”

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
FED PAPAERS 45
The change relating to taxation may be regarded as the most important; and yet the present Congress have as complete authority to REQUIRE of the States indefinite supplies of money for the common defense and general welfare, as the future Congress will have to require them of individual citizens; and the latter will be no more bound than the States themselves have been, to pay the quotas respectively taxed on them. Had the States complied punctually with the articles of Confederation, or could their compliance have been enforced by as peaceable means as may be used with success towards single persons, our past experience is very far from countenancing an opinion, that the State governments would have lost their constitutional powers, and have gradually undergone an entire consolidation. To maintain that such an event would have ensued, would be to say at once, that the existence of the State governments is incompatible with any system whatever that accomplishes the essental purposes of the Union.
This is an OPINION piece given by James Madison in 1788

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Now tell us how OBAMACARE is good and benefits ALL Americans.
No annual or lifetime limits on healthcare.

Insurance companies can't drop you when you are sick or for making a mistake on your application.

You can't be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions

You have the right to quickly appeal any health insurance company decision

You have the right to get an easy-to-understand summary about a health plan’s benefits and coverage

Young Adults can stay on their parent's plan until 26

Women will see improvement to women's health services

Reforms to the healthcare industry to cut wasteful spending

Better care and protections for seniors

Preventative Services at no-out-of pocket costs

You can't be charged more based on health status or gender

Over 60% of bankruptcies in the U.S. are medical related and almost 3/4 who go bankrupt do so despite having insurance. The elimination of both lifetime and annual limits will protect Americans from going bankrupt by allowing them to continue treatment as long as they need it, not just until their dollar limit is reached

The LAW benefits ALL Americans

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it. The biggest lie ever told by a US President.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,821 - 10,840 of12,211
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) 35 min Dartplayer 285
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 2 hr Petal Power 1,231
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 hr lides 2,491
Review: Always In Demand Tickets (May '11) 14 hr Concerned Buyer 7
WOMEN, Take Those WEAVES Out Your Hair! Sun Big_p1mp 4
Banning pitbulls Jul 20 Socialist 5
last post wins! (Feb '11) Jul 20 Sally Brown 24,628
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000