Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12148 Mar 5, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>!
The term “general welfare” is often connected with the ancient philosophy of classic republicanism. This philosophy refers to promoting the common good, protection and putting the interests of everyone over the interests of a select group or a few people.
“Article 1. Section 8
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;”
“With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creator.”
“If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.”
“If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the general welfare, the government is no longer a limited one possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one subject to particular exceptions.” James Madison
“Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated.
They are not to do anything they please to provide for the general welfare, but only to lay taxes for that purpose. To consider the latter phrase not as describing the purpose of the first, but as giving a distinct and independent power to do any act they please which may be good for the Union, would render all the preceding and subsequent enumerations of power completely useless. It would reduce the whole instrument to a single phrase, that of instituting a Congress with power to do whatever would be for the good of the United States; and as they would be the sole judges of the good or evil, it would be also a power to do whatever evil they please…. Certainly no such universal power was meant to be given them. It was intended to lace them up straightly within the enumerated powers and those without which, as means, these powers could not be carried into effect.
That of instituting a Congress with power to do whatever would be for the good of the United States; and, as they would be the sole judges of the good or evil, it would be also a power to do whatever evil they please.” Thomas Jefferson

Level 6

Location hidden

#12149 Mar 5, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have provided the "Meaning" of General Welfare as it WAS written in the United States Constitution and interpreted by the Supreme Court in 1936 4 FOUR times if you cannot READ and COMPREHEND do not feel bad I'm quite sure you were the smartest 18 year old in the 4th grade!
FED PAPAERS 45
The change relating to taxation may be regarded as the most important; and yet the present Congress have as complete authority to REQUIRE of the States indefinite supplies of money for the common defense and general welfare, as the future Congress will have to require them of individual citizens; and the latter will be no more bound than the States themselves have been, to pay the quotas respectively taxed on them. Had the States complied punctually with the articles of Confederation, or could their compliance have been enforced by as peaceable means as may be used with success towards single persons, our past experience is very far from countenancing an opinion, that the State governments would have lost their constitutional powers, and have gradually undergone an entire consolidation. To maintain that such an event would have ensued, would be to say at once, that the existence of the State governments is incompatible with any system whatever that accomplishes the essental purposes of the Union.

Now tell us how OBAMACARE is good and benefits ALL Americans.
AND Still waiting on your Cite that “99.9% of ALL charities in the U.S. receive GOVERNMENT GRANTS!!!!!!!!”

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#12150 Mar 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
FED PAPAERS 45
The change relating to taxation may be regarded as the most important; and yet the present Congress have as complete authority to REQUIRE of the States indefinite supplies of money for the common defense and general welfare, as the future Congress will have to require them of individual citizens; and the latter will be no more bound than the States themselves have been, to pay the quotas respectively taxed on them. Had the States complied punctually with the articles of Confederation, or could their compliance have been enforced by as peaceable means as may be used with success towards single persons, our past experience is very far from countenancing an opinion, that the State governments would have lost their constitutional powers, and have gradually undergone an entire consolidation. To maintain that such an event would have ensued, would be to say at once, that the existence of the State governments is incompatible with any system whatever that accomplishes the essental purposes of the Union.
This is an OPINION piece given by James Madison in 1788

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12151 Mar 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Now tell us how OBAMACARE is good and benefits ALL Americans.
No annual or lifetime limits on healthcare.

Insurance companies can't drop you when you are sick or for making a mistake on your application.

You can't be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions

You have the right to quickly appeal any health insurance company decision

You have the right to get an easy-to-understand summary about a health plan’s benefits and coverage

Young Adults can stay on their parent's plan until 26

Women will see improvement to women's health services

Reforms to the healthcare industry to cut wasteful spending

Better care and protections for seniors

Preventative Services at no-out-of pocket costs

You can't be charged more based on health status or gender

Over 60% of bankruptcies in the U.S. are medical related and almost 3/4 who go bankrupt do so despite having insurance. The elimination of both lifetime and annual limits will protect Americans from going bankrupt by allowing them to continue treatment as long as they need it, not just until their dollar limit is reached

The LAW benefits ALL Americans

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#12152 Mar 5, 2014
If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it. The biggest lie ever told by a US President.

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12153 Mar 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>

AND Still waiting on your Cite that “99.9% of ALL charities in the U.S. receive GOVERNMENT GRANTS!!!!!!!!”
http://nccsdataweb.urban.org/knowledgebase/de...

READ and LEARN.....

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12154 Mar 5, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it. The biggest lie ever told by a US President.
Our insurance through my wife's company is excellent, and we got to keep it....

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12155 Mar 5, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Richard Nixon LIED "I'am not a crook" (Watergate)

Ronald Reagan LIED Iran-Contra (I do not recall)

George H.W. Bush LIED "Read My Lips" no new taxes

George W. Bush LIED "Weapons of Mass Destruction"

If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it......A blunder yes, a Mistake yes.....Bad advise Yes

Did ANY Americans Die NO,

Did America go to war NO

Did the President turn around and do the exact opposite NO

Did the President get impeached (by his OWN party) for LYING about bugging an entire Hotel to ease-drop on the Democrats YES

Richard Nixon (republican) started the practice by the Republicans to LIE to the American people and they have NEVER stoped
You can call me Dick

Phoenix, AZ

#12156 Mar 5, 2014
I don't think 3 recording devices hardly qualifies as bugging an entire Hotel!

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12157 Mar 5, 2014
You can call me Dick wrote:
I don't think 3 recording devices hardly qualifies as bugging an entire Hotel!
Semantics.....does it really matter?

Nixon had his aides "bug" (wiretap) the Democrat National Party leader and his aide's phones among other ILLEGAL activities that was the worst political scandal in the history of the U.S. Then He LIED on national Television to the American people. Nixon's OWN party voted to impeach him.

Nixon was the only President in history to resign in complete disgrace. Typical republican behavior LIE then Quit.....Must be where the Screeching Sarah Palin got the courage to QUIT as Governor of the least populated state in the union.

The crimes of the Watergate scandal included political burglary, bribery, extortion, wiretapping (phone tapping), conspiracy, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, tax fraud, illegal use of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), illegal campaign contributions, and use of taxpayers' money for private purposes.... etc....

In other words typical Republican political tactics to name a few.....

Level 6

Location hidden

#12158 Mar 5, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
No annual or lifetime limits on healthcare.
Insurance companies can't drop you when you are sick or for making a mistake on your application.
You can't be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions
You have the right to quickly appeal any health insurance company decision
You have the right to get an easy-to-understand summary about a health plan’s benefits and coverage
Young Adults can stay on their parent's plan until 26
Women will see improvement to women's health services
Reforms to the healthcare industry to cut wasteful spending
Better care and protections for seniors
Preventative Services at no-out-of pocket costs
You can't be charged more based on health status or gender
Over 60% of bankruptcies in the U.S. are medical related and almost 3/4 who go bankrupt do so despite having insurance. The elimination of both lifetime and annual limits will protect Americans from going bankrupt by allowing them to continue treatment as long as they need it, not just until their dollar limit is reached
The LAW benefits ALL Americans
Only effect very few Americans, not ALL.

Level 6

Location hidden

#12160 Mar 5, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an OPINION piece given by James Madison in 1788
The point is you have no clue what the meaning of “general welfare” is.

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12161 Mar 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only effect very few Americans, not ALL.
The Congressional Budget Office released a report that said over fiscal years 2013 through 2022, the ACA will reduce the deficit by $109 billion.

Reducing the deficit BENEFITS ALL AMERICANS

Ya' got any more uneducated questions?

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12162 Mar 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is you have no clue what the meaning of “general welfare” is.
I provided the "meaning" of The General Welfare as it WAS written in the United States Constitution FOUR....4......FOUR times

The point is you are dense!

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12163 Mar 5, 2014
Throughout history the ONLY thing the Republicans care about is WAR

A war with Russia would most likely spiral into WWIII. It’s not going to happen under President Obama’s watch.

But Republicans don’t care. They’ll take the proper time to seem diplomatic and reasonable, stir that “fear pot” they always like to use with their easy-to-frighten voters, then that’s when you’ll see the typical war-mongering rhetoric start spilling out from the Republican party.

Mark my words after the right gets through drumming up all kinds of bullschit about President Obama and a diplomatic solution with Russia as far as Ukraine is concerned, when they have all their dumbed down FoxNoise viewers riled up they will start in with the war mongering crap

The Republicans have NEVER been for ANYTHING other than WAR
You can call me Dick

Orlando, FL

#12164 Mar 5, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text
Semantics.....does it really matter?
Nixon had his aides "bug" (wiretap) the Democrat National Party leader and his aide's phones among other ILLEGAL activities that was the worst political scandal in the history of the U.S. Then He LIED on national Television to the American people. Nixon's OWN party voted to impeach him.
Nixon was the only President in history to resign in complete disgrace. Typical republican behavior LIE then Quit.....Must be where the Screeching Sarah Palin got the courage to QUIT as Governor of the least populated state in the union.
The crimes of the Watergate scandal included political burglary, bribery, extortion, wiretapping (phone tapping), conspiracy, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, tax fraud, illegal use of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), illegal campaign contributions, and use of taxpayers' money for private purposes.... etc....
In other words typical Republican political tactics to name a few.....
I guess what we have here is a semantic dispute.

Level 6

Location hidden

#12165 Mar 5, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>I provided the "meaning" of The General Welfare as it WAS written in the United States Constitution FOUR....4......FOUR times

The point is you are dense!
You need to re read your post and your rants about the power of taxation for the federal government without once explaining the meaning of "general welfare".

You also made a claim that 99.9% of charities are supported by the federal government through grants. Is that right? Cite your source.

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12166 Mar 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to re read your post and your rants about the power of taxation for the federal government without once explaining the meaning of "general welfare".
You also made a claim that 99.9% of charities are supported by the federal government through grants. Is that right? Cite your source.
I once said 99.9% of NON-PROFITS (charities) in the U.S. apply for or receive FEDERAL GRANTS!!!!!!!!

Tax Payer's MONEY!!!!!!!!

It was to dispute your uneducated bullschit about the Government should not give poor people assistance they should rely on charities.....When in-fact Charities RECEIVE Government MONEY to begin with....

You are a dunce! now go sit in the corner and pout!

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12167 Mar 5, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The “general welfare” clause is mentioned TWICE in the U.S. Constitution: first, in the preamble and second, it is found in Article 1, Section 8.

I provided enough supporting PROOF for a lifetime.....READ......

You are incredibly S-L-O-W......

Level 6

Location hidden

#12168 Mar 5, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>I once said 99.9% of NON-PROFITS (charities) in the U.S. apply for or receive FEDERAL GRANTS!!!!!!!!

Tax Payer's MONEY!!!!!!!!

It was to dispute your uneducated bullschit about the Government should not give poor people assistance they should rely on charities.....When in-fact Charities RECEIVE Government MONEY to begin with....

You are a dunce! now go sit in the corner and pout!
Your exact words were "99.9% of ALL charities in the U.S. receive GOVERNMENT GRANTS!!!!!!!!”"

Cite your source or you are a liar like our president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 36 min lides 19,173
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr Reverend Alan 2,612
Colorado Law Enforcement Switches Message in Th... 13 hr Culture Auditor 1
News 2 men in flaming car ram Glasgow Airport; suspe... (Jun '07) 17 hr joec106 6
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 19 hr Respect71 1,312
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) 21 hr Red_Forman 104
News Seven Things To Do To Celebrate Earth Day Aroun... Sat mjjcpa 1
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]