Republicans the party of LIARS

“Don't Mess With Texas ”

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#12126 Feb 27, 2014
If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#12127 Feb 27, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
The increase in the minimum wage under consideration would add, rather than reduce, jobs by increasing economic activity. Raising the minimum wage won’t hurt the economy; it will strengthen it. And it will begin to re-establish what not so long ago was almost an article of faith in our nation: that honest, reliable labor earned citizens the right to a livable wage. Hardworking American Citizens should expect no less.
How does increasing the price of labor increase jobs? Seems like you're ignoring the law of supply and demand. Even the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says you're wrong.

They estimate the loss of half a million jobs by 2016 if the minimum wage is increased. If you care about young, unskilled and minority workers, don't price them out of the job market.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12129 Feb 28, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
General welfare clause refers to a clause in the U.S. Constitution that empowers Congress to levy taxes and pay debts for the general welfare of the country.
The U. S. Supreme Court first interpreted the clause in 1936. The court held that the general welfare language in the taxing-and-spending clause constituted a separate grant of power to Congress to spend in areas over which it was not granted direct regulatory control.
Therefore the general welfare clause gave the congress the power collect taxes fund and make law processes which were democratically voted on.
ie: The Affordable Care Act, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, TANF, and yes SNAP (food stamps)
I will ask you again… Explain the meaning of "”GENERAL WELFARE”". Hint: it doesn't mean food stamps and health care.

“Low Information Outreach”

Level 3

Since: Jun 12

Under the Castle Rock

#12130 Feb 28, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you better tell Boehner to put down the booze and smokes!
BTW what is a "swaggering dictator"?
Any racial undertones there, little fella
Be a MAN if you do not like someone due to there race don't hind behind your innuendo SPEAK UP COWARD!
Leftwing troll behavior eh? Inject racism and change the subject. I'll take that as.......... you have no argument then. I win thanks.

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#12131 Mar 1, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask you again… Explain the meaning of "”GENERAL WELFARE”". Hint: it doesn't mean food stamps and health care.
I will answer AGAIN....

Hint: The Supreme Court ruled on the "Meaning" of the General Welfare clause in 1936

General welfare clause refers to a clause in the U.S. Constitution that empowers Congress to levy taxes and pay debts for the general welfare of the country. The U. S. Supreme Court first interpreted the clause in 1936. The court held that the general welfare language in the taxing-and-spending clause constituted a separate grant of power to Congress to spend in areas over which it was not granted direct regulatory control. Therefore the general welfare clause gave the congress the power collect taxes fund and make law processes which were democratically voted on. ie: The Affordable Care Act, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, TANF, and yes SNAP (food stamps)

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12132 Mar 1, 2014
Trolli wrote:
<quoted text>
Leftwing troll behavior eh? Inject racism and change the subject. I'll take that as.......... you have no argument then. I win thanks.
You failed to answer a simple question

What is a "swaggering dictator"?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12133 Mar 1, 2014
Trolli wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolrofl! It's always someone else causing your pain and preferably a man huh? And most especially a white man?
Our economic recovery? What the leftwing trolls recovery, that's funny.
Dear queer diary.....this administration is doing just fine at making themselves look bad.
NEW-HOME SALES REACH FASTEST RATE IN 5 YEARS......Associated Press(2-27-14)......Washington -- A surprisingly strong pace of new home sales last month has boosted hopes that the spring buying season will be solid enough to lift the overall economy.....Sales of new homes rebounded in January to the highest rate in more than five years. The strength in purchases followed a slowdown that had been linked to higher interest rates and severe winter weather.....The report, Wednesday from the Commerce Department helped support stock prices, especially shares of homebuilders.....Many economist predict that sales of both new homes and existing homes will rise in 2014, lifted by an improved economy and strong job growth.....

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12135 Mar 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
If you care about young, unskilled and minority workers, don't price them out of the job market.
Quit already with your LIES and right wing domestic terrorist hyperbole.

An analysis of Census Bureau data finds that roughly two thirds (66 percent) of low-wage workers are employed by large companies with over 100 employees, not small businesses. Furthermore, the largest low-wage employers – including retail and fast food chains such as Walmart and McDonalds – are earning strong profits today and can afford higher wages.
http://www.nelp.org/page/-/rtmw/NELP-Big-Busi...

Just about everyone except Republican men believes that the lowest-paid workers should see a raise in the minimum wage

Again the Old White Republican men are in the ever growing MINORITY

Level 6

Location hidden

#12136 Mar 3, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer AGAIN....
Hint: The Supreme Court ruled on the "Meaning" of the General Welfare clause in 1936
General welfare clause refers to a clause in the U.S. Constitution that empowers Congress to levy taxes and pay debts for the general welfare of the country. The U. S. Supreme Court first interpreted the clause in 1936. The court held that the general welfare language in the taxing-and-spending clause constituted a separate grant of power to Congress to spend in areas over which it was not granted direct regulatory control. Therefore the general welfare clause gave the congress the power collect taxes fund and make law processes which were democratically voted on. ie: The Affordable Care Act, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, TANF, and yes SNAP (food stamps)
I will ask one last time. What is the MEANING of “GENERAL WELFARE” as it is stated in our Constitution.

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12137 Mar 3, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask one last time. What is the MEANING of “GENERAL WELFARE” as it is stated in our Constitution.
How many times do you need to be smacked in the head before you decide it hurts?

The General Welfare Clause Article I, Section 8 (in the constitution) grants Congress broad powers to spend federal money.

In 1936 The Supreme Court established that determination of the general welfare would be left to the discretion of Congress.

"Broad powers to spend federal money"

On such things as:

The ACA

Medicare

FEMA

Medicaid

SNAP (food stamps)

Health and Human Services

Federal Museums

Education

Federal Highways/Roads

Police

Military (national defense)

National Parks

Education

ETC.........

Level 6

Location hidden

#12138 Mar 3, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>How many times do you need to be smacked in the head before you decide it hurts?

The General Welfare Clause Article I, Section 8 (in the constitution) grants Congress broad powers to spend federal money.

In 1936 The Supreme Court established that determination of the general welfare would be left to the discretion of Congress.

"Broad powers to spend federal money"

On such things as:

The ACA

Medicare

FEMA

Medicaid

SNAP (food stamps)

Health and Human Services

Federal Museums

Education

Federal Highways/Roads

Police

Military (national defense)

National Parks

Education

ETC.........
So in other words you can't?
Last time. What is the meaning of "GENERAL WELFARE" as it is written in our Constitution?

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12139 Mar 3, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time. What is the meaning of "GENERAL WELFARE" as it is written in our Constitution?
I have provided the "Meaning" of General Welfare as it WAS written in the United States Constitution and interpreted by the Supreme Court in 1936 4 FOUR times if you cannot READ and COMPREHEND do not feel bad I'm quite sure you were the smartest 18 year old in the 4th grade!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#12140 Mar 4, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Quit already with your LIES and right wing domestic terrorist hyperbole. An analysis of Census Bureau data finds that roughly two thirds (66 percent) of low-wage workers are employed by large companies with over 100 employees, not small businesses. Furthermore, the largest low-wage employers – including retail and fast food chains such as Walmart and McDonalds – are earning strong profits today and can afford higher wages. http://www.nelp.org/page/-/rtmw/NELP-Big-Busi... Just about everyone except Republican men believes that the lowest-paid workers should see a raise in the minimum wage Again the Old White Republican men are in the ever growing MINORITY
And the Congressional Budget Office and the Federal Reserve says raising the minimum wage will lose jobs:

If President Obama succeeds in his bid to raise America’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, the move would probably mean fewer jobs, not just higher pay for low-skill workers.

That’s the assessment given by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen Thursday in testimony before Congress....
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2014/0227/F...

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12141 Mar 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And the Congressional Budget Office and the Federal Reserve says raising the minimum wage will lose jobs:
If President Obama succeeds in his bid to raise America’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, the move would probably mean fewer jobs, not just higher pay for low-skill workers.
That’s the assessment given by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen Thursday in testimony before Congress....
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2014/0227/F...
You conveniently leave out of your own right wing biased Christian Science Monitor link:

"Labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes"

Net employment losses would be " Less than half of 1 percent of all US employment"

Even IF 500,000 jobs were lost, the CBO ESTIMATED

The wage hike would boost overall US income, while sending more of it to bottom-rung workers.

Why would you want to deny hardworking Americans a livable wage? And at the same time complain about the very same Americans receiving food stamps etc....

Your logic does not hold water, but we already knew the right HATES the poor and low wage hardworking Americans their policies prove it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#12142 Mar 4, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
You conveniently leave out of your own right wing biased Christian Science Monitor link: "Labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes"
I don't believe Karl used convenience when he typed the misquote above, I beleive he wanted to deliberately mislead so he rewrote the quote to suit his scholarship and intelligence. The real quote reads:

"Some labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes."

Also note, none of those "labor economists" are cited by name.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Net employment losses would be " Less than half of 1 percent of all US employment" Even IF 500,000 jobs were lost, the CBO ESTIMATED
^^^Here's another example of Karl's scholarship, the real quote reads:

"With more than 10 million Americans unemployed, half a million jobs is a significant number. But, for context, it’s less than half of 1 percent of all US employment."

Don't take what I write on faith, here's the link again: http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2014/0227/F... Do a string serch and you'll see no sentance starts: "Less than half".

KarlVIIIII wrote:
The wage hike would boost overall US income, while sending more of it to bottom-rung workers. Why would you want to deny hardworking Americans a livable wage?
A wage hike won't boost overall income, it will drive up the price of labor so unskilled, young and minority workers would become uncompetitive and cause more job loss. Employers have only so much money for payroll, government price mandates would just cut that payroll among fewer employees.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
And at the same time complain about the very same Americans receiving food stamps etc....
We're in world record debt and more Americans are on food stamps than ever before: Welcome to Obamaville.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Your logic does not hold water, but we already knew the right HATES the poor and low wage hardworking Americans their policies prove it!
Labor unions would benefit greatly from increasing the minimum wage since their contracts include wage increases to make up for wage inflation, when the minimum wage increases.

Getting rid of the minimum wage would help the young, poor, minority and unskilled workers by allowing employers to hire more people. Raising the minimum wage will cause inflation and fewer jobs.

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12143 Mar 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"Some labor economists say the job-loss effects of raising the minimum wage to $9 or $10.10 would be small – perhaps even non-existent – based on analysis of past minimum wage hikes."
Thank you for PROVING my point
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
it’s less than half of 1 percent of all US employment."
Thanks for PROVING my point once again!
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
We're in world record debt and more Americans are on food stamps than ever before:
The United States was in "world record debt" incurred during the American Revolutionary War by the federal government of the United States, after its formation in 1789.

Why would you begrudge your fellow Americans FOOD and a LIVABLE wage?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting rid of the minimum wage would help the young, poor, minority and unskilled workers by allowing employers to hire more people. Raising the minimum wage will cause inflation and fewer jobs.
You do not have ONE verifiable non-partisan source to validate this ridiculous claim

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#12144 Mar 4, 2014
Republiclowns led by McCain just recently voted a bill down to help military vets now they want them to go to war against the worlds 2nd largest nuclear power (Russia), is McCain for real how disgusting can these people get.

McCain and the majority of the Republiclowns are either warmongering neo-cons or Domestic Terrorist Tea Freaks....

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12145 Mar 4, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Republiclowns led by McCain just recently voted a bill down to help military vets now they want them to go to war against the worlds 2nd largest nuclear power (Russia), is McCain for real how disgusting can these people get.
McCain and the majority of the Republiclowns are either warmongering neo-cons or Domestic Terrorist Tea Freaks....
They are the American Taliban....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Non real estate

#12146 Mar 4, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't know and that is why he skirts the issue.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#12147 Mar 4, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Thank you for PROVING my point <quoted text> Thanks for PROVING my point once again!
It was easy to prove Karl misquoted, all I had to do was provide the whole quote in context. Karl tried to imply all labor economists think the effect of increasing the minimum wage on overall employment will be negligible but the quote says only some of them have that belief.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
The United States was in "world record debt" incurred during the American Revolutionary War by the federal government of the United States, after its formation in 1789.
That's true, and the budget has been balanced since then. Obama can't even pass his budget through his party's own Senate.

World record debt isn't a good thing, it hurts the value of the dollar relative to other currency. If the Euro, Yen and Yuan weren't being inflated by their own banks, we'd be in a world of hurt.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
Why would you begrudge your fellow Americans FOOD and a LIVABLE wage?
The issue is nothing to do with food or defining a "LIVABLE wage", the issue is government wage and price controls; I'm against them. I oppose having the government set prices for goods or services; I like the market to do that.

KarlVIIIII wrote:
You do not have ONE verifiable non-partisan source to validate this ridiculous claim
I cited the Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen and the Congressional Budget Office so please give me a hint. Which is the "ONE verifiable non-partisan source" I may use? I'm trying to illustrate increasing wages without increasing productivity causes job loss, more automation and more outsourcing.

Just ask any businessperson, if the cost of labor increases, will you employ more people or less?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 min The_Box 21,894
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr lides 4,708
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 2 hr Joe 145
U.S. Government and Police using Rape and Tortu... 14 hr b189187go 1
Bob Brutyn (Mar '10) Sun i got your cupcake 8
I Really Miss You Sun Your Ex 2
Open Borders Have Crushed Our Immigration Court... Sun tbird19482 49
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]