KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#11842 Jan 30, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that’s true why not raise it to $50?
By your obvious lackluster, ideological, void of any reality answer just proves how out of touch your party is with working Americans.

Republicans don’t have any facts or data to back up their opposition to increasing the minimum wage.

The resistance from the extremist on the right proves that they are in the pockets of the rich against the interests of the working American people.

If the Republicans think they will win votes by fighting over the minimum wage increase they will once again LOSE BIG!

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11843 Jan 30, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
where the president plans on getting the money with his “pen and phone"?
From your Federal tax refund you so patriotically are going to decline....LOL

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#11844 Jan 30, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
By your obvious lackluster, ideological, void of any reality answer just proves how out of touch your party is with working Americans.
Republicans don’t have any facts or data to back up their opposition to increasing the minimum wage.
The resistance from the extremist on the right proves that they are in the pockets of the rich against the interests of the working American people.
If the Republicans think they will win votes by fighting over the minimum wage increase they will once again LOSE BIG!
You never seem to have any facts... You said,“If the minimum wage were increased by a few simple dollars, 4.6 million hardworking people could be lifted out of poverty immediately.” Where’s your fact for that statement? The last few times the minimum wage was increased what was the result?

That being said, LAST TIME why not raise the minimum wage to $50?

Democrats lost when they choose to force obamacare on America and bold face lie about it.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#11845 Jan 30, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text> From your Federal tax refund you so patriotically are going to decline....LOL
No answer? That’s so odd, because you are so bright.

United States

#11846 Jan 30, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>If fact is “denial” I’ll take that over blatant ignorance. You can’t answer a direct question either?
The fact is the Republican controlled House passed the debt limit increase, the Democrat controlled Senate passed it yet you only want to blame the Democrats.
Spanky, what question of yours did I not answer? What post was it in?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#11847 Jan 30, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
According to a January 8 Quinnipiac poll, 71% of American voters support raising the minimum wage. This includes a majority of Republicans, 52% of whom support it. Whats your problem?
Unemployment is already too high; increasing the minimum wage will just price young people and unskilled workers out of the marketplace.

Raising the minimum wage means fewer jobs.

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11848 Jan 30, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never seem to have any facts... You said,“If the minimum wage were increased by a few simple dollars, 4.6 million hardworking people could be lifted out of poverty immediately.” Where’s your fact for that statement?
THAT is the FACT if the Mimimum wage was raised from $7.25 to $10.10 per hour 4.6 MILLION hardworking people could be lifted out of POVERTY.....

What is so hard to comprehend?

FACTS provided by: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15038936/...

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11849 Jan 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Unemployment is already too high; increasing the minimum wage will just price young people and unskilled workers out of the marketplace.
Hogwash, if McDonald's raised their minimum wage ti $10.10 all the Corporate FAT BILLIONAIRES would do is raise the price of a Quarterpounder by .04 cents to offset the costs I'm quite sure you fat fast food junkie Repukes can afford .04 cents

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#11850 Jan 30, 2014
Then why not raise it to $240.00 per hour and raise those folks out of the MIDDLE CLASS...

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11851 Jan 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Then why not raise it to $240.00 per hour and raise those folks out of the MIDDLE CLASS...
Your redundant, ignorant, baseless, uninformed argument does not have an ounce of merit. You know it, I know it and any logical American knows it.

Like I said earlier If the Republicans wish to fight a minimum wage increase when 71% of voting Americans want a minimum wage increase they will LOSE BIG TIME, AGAIN!!!

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11852 Jan 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Unemployment is already too high; increasing the minimum wage will just price young people and unskilled workers out of the marketplace.
Colorado's minimum wage was raised to from $7.78 to $8.00 per hour on January 1 2014

And Colorado's unemployment rate went DOWN to 6.0% from ONE Year ago when it was 7.5%

http://ycharts.com/indicators/colorado_unempl...

Again your argument does not have an ounce of merit!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11853 Jan 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
It's still the right thing to do, besides longterm, we can't be sure of that....

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11854 Jan 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
FALSE on BOTH COUNTS

Given the relatively small cost to employers of modest increases in the minimum wage, these
adjustment mechanisms appear to be more than sufficient to avoid employment losses, even for
employers with a large share of low-wage workers.
http://www.cepr.net/documents/publications/mi...

Raising the wage floor boosted incomes without reducing employment or slowing job creation.
http://nelp.3cdn.net/eb5df32f3af67ae91b_65m6i...

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11855 Jan 30, 2014
Republicans have throughout history have ALWAYS apposed anything and EVERYTHING that make this Nation Great

Conservatives opposed the American Revolution

Conservatives opposed freeing the slaves

Conservatives opposed women’s suffrage

Conservatives opposed minimum wage and child labor laws, the 8-hour work day, weekends, sick leave… etc.

Conservatives opposed humane treatment of animals

Conservatives opposed the Social Security Act

Conservatives oppose clean air and water

Conservatives opposed the Civil Right’s Act

Conservatives opposed Medicare

Conservatives oppose Equal Protection Under the Law

And now in 2013-2014 the Conservatives appose the Affordable Care Act

And AGAIN Conservatives will be on the WRONG side of HISTORY

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11856 Jan 30, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
More like,“Thank God for the Tea Party”.
You are showing more of your ignorance, George Washington didn't believe in "your" God George Washington was a Free Mason

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11857 Jan 30, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
More like,“Thank God for the Tea Party”.
George Washington was FAR from a TEA FREAK he was a member of the Whig party the closest in philosophy to the Whigs is the Libertarian party

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#11858 Jan 30, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Colorado's minimum wage was raised to from $7.78 to $8.00 per hour on January 1 2014
And Colorado's unemployment rate went DOWN to 6.0% from ONE Year ago when it was 7.5%
http://ycharts.com/indicators/colorado_unempl...
Again your argument does not have an ounce of merit!
How much did it go down? Your citatition doesn't show January 2014's unemployment.

When you increase the cost of labor you reduce employment; simple supply and demand. Few people who hate capitalism grasp that simple fact.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#11859 Jan 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
It's still the right thing to do, besides longterm, we can't be sure of that....
If you don't care about jobs for unskilled workers and young employees just entering the job market; raising the minimum raise might be the right thing to do. Especially when your party is beholden to unions who's contracts hold wage increases when the minimum wage increases.

For everyone else; raising the minimum wage in the middle of a recession is a terrible idea.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#11860 Jan 30, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
Republicans have throughout history have ALWAYS apposed anything and EVERYTHING that make this Nation Great
Conservatives opposed freeing the slaves
Conservatives oppose Equal Protection Under the Law
And now in 2013-2014 the Conservatives appose the Affordable Care Act
And AGAIN Conservatives will be on the WRONG side of HISTORY
^^^This information is untrue; Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

Not one Republican voted for Obamacare; they knew Obama was lying when he promised you can keep your health insurance plan if you like it. None of the other programs Karl Marx lists above were passed by just one party, except the ACA.
Joe Mamma

Denver, CO

#11861 Jan 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This information is untrue; Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.
Not one Republican voted for Obamacare; they knew Obama was lying when he promised you can keep your health insurance plan if you like it. None of the other programs Karl Marx lists above were passed by just one party, except the ACA.
You need to go to the zoo and suck a monkey nipple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 49,251
Nicole DuBois Savage 11 hr Jamie Dundee 10
casual sex in denver (Apr '15) Mon bigpoppi 23
Male on Female Facesitting topix? (Nov '16) May 21 JGJ92 12
Roosters May 19 zooalogy 1
Tar in Denver May 18 Haaalllpppp 4
Tar help May 18 Haaalllpppp 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages