Republicans the party of LIARS

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#11504 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't know what you have been posting. Is this just an act for you or are you really that way?
No, you obviously have a difficult time reading posts, you are turning to your leadershipís tactic to lie just to push an agenda?

Level 6

Location hidden

#11505 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
There are numerous bills that Boehnor will not bring up like during the last shutdown and you only want to talk about the Senate.
You have yet to answer any question and you expect me to jump through your hoops.
So the answer is you conít answer a simple question. Letís try one more time and then please feel free to ask anything and I would be more than happy to address them.

The House has voted to repeal OBAMACARE numerous times so based on your assertion should it have passed?

Level 6

Location hidden

#11506 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it just fine. The only positive from it was the pork could be trimmed off.
LOL!!! Letís try this again. Do you or do you not like the Constitution of the United States of America?

United States

#11507 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you contending the Democrats don’t have the power now when they hold the White House and the Senate?
Yes, Americans complained.
I'll go back to the question of power that started this. The Democrats don't have the power to stop a Republican filibuster and vote for cloture so the bill can be brought up for a final yea/nea vote. So yes, they don't have the power to pass a bill on their own. If they had a super majority then yes they would have the power to pass a bill without the Republicans.

United States

#11508 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!! Let’s try this again. Do you or do you not like the Constitution of the United States of America?
Yes, I like it.

Level 6

Location hidden

#11509 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go back to the question of power that started this. The Democrats don't have the power to stop a Republican filibuster and vote for cloture so the bill can be brought up for a final yea/nea vote. So yes, they don't have the power to pass a bill on their own. If they had a super majority then yes they would have the power to pass a bill without the Republicans.
We are a Constitutional Republic, why would you consider what you described a lack of power? With the White House and the Senate held by democrats what bill can the Republicans pass?

The democrats are in power make no mistake and to blame Republicans for the power trip the democrats are playing is less than foolish.

Level 6

Location hidden

#11510 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I like it.
Then why would you allow one man power over parts and pieces of a Bill that would effect all 50 States?

United States

#11511 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>We are a Constitutional Republic, why would you consider what you described a lack of power? With the White House and the Senate held by democrats what bill can the Republicans pass?

The democrats are in power make no mistake and to blame Republicans for the power trip the democrats are playing is less than foolish.
Then explain why the Republicans have used the filibuster more than any party in the Senate in the US Congress history. Is that not power? Talk about a power trip.
Do the Democrats have the power to be filibuster proof? Now do you understand?

United States

#11512 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>Then why would you allow one man power over parts and pieces of a Bill that would effect all 50 States?
The idea of defunding an Alaska bridge to no where comes to mind. If they wanted that, they can override the veto and move along. The system still works as it does now.

Level 6

Location hidden

#11513 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Then explain why the Republicans have used the filibuster more than any party in the Senate in the US Congress history. Is that not power? Talk about a power trip.
Do the Democrats have the power to be filibuster proof? Now do you understand?
They are doing the job their constituents elected them to do, so yes.
The democrats do not, thankfully, have "power to be filibuster proof", but they certainly hold the power as evidence the budget deal and partial government shut down.

I understand we are a Constitutional Republic and the democrats have held the the power... Do you understand?

Level 6

Location hidden

#11514 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>The idea of defunding an Alaska bridge to no where comes to mind. If they wanted that, they can override the veto and move along. The system still works as it does now.
ONE MAN would hold all that power and he liked the mayor of Alaska bridge town could just as easily not veto...

Obviously un constitutional.

United States

#11515 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>They are doing the job their constituents elected them to do, so yes.
The democrats do not, thankfully, have "power to be filibuster proof", but they certainly hold the power as evidence the budget deal and partial government shut down.

I understand we are a Constitutional Republic and the democrats have held the the power... Do you understand?
The Republicans shut down the government. Say what you want, the shutdown was on the Republicans and the Destroyer of the Republicans, the Tea Party.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11516 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are doing the job their constituents elected them to do, so yes.
Government Shutdown was a Teaparty function.....

United States

#11517 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>ONE MAN would hold all that power and he liked the mayor of Alaska bridge town could just as easily not veto...

LOL, you think the President not using a line item veto and signing a bill into law that was passed by the House and Senate is unconstitutional. The Constitution gives the President that power now without the line item veto.

Hahahahaha.

United States

#11518 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>They are doing the job their constituents elected them to do, so yes.

Their constituents are unhappy with them shutting down the government.

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Since: Nov 13

Centennial, Co

#11519 Jan 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Their constituents are unhappy with them shutting down the government.
The GOP's constituents are also signing up for The Affordable Care act and when the GOP attempts to repeal the law (for the 49th time) they will be very unhappy for taking from them (again) as well...

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11520 Jan 13, 2014
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE MAN would hold all that power and he liked the mayor of Alaska bridge town could just as easily not veto...
You as the rest of the far right don't seen to comprehend that times are changing and the demographic change is upon us, your kind is fast disappearing. The Republicans lost women, labor, gays, the youth, minorities, Reagan Democrats. All they have left is aging white males, the GOP will disappear fast. Remember when a comprehensive immigration bill is passed 15 to 30 million illegals will have a pathway to citizenship and voting rights. How many of them do you think will vote for the reactionary political ideology of the GOP, who has been hijacked by the fanatical religious right and the lunatic fringe, domestic terrorist (tea party)

KarlVIIIII

“No Tea for Me”

Centennial, Co

#11521 Jan 13, 2014
For years the Republicans have been emphasizing austerity as a cure all for our country's debt. But now all of a sudden the Republicans are leaping to discuss ways the Government can help alleviate poverty.

Huh...Makes one wonder do they know they are going to get their AZZ's kicked in 2014 f they do not give a schit about their own constituents!

After all most red states are the biggest welfare recipients...

United States

#11522 Jan 13, 2014
Notice they always end up at the Constitution and high praise for it but hate the freedom of choice a Woman has that is Constitutional.

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Deadwood, SD

#11523 Jan 13, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP's constituents are also signing up for The Affordable Care act and when the GOP attempts to repeal the law (for the 49th time) they will be very unhappy for taking from them (again) as well...
This isn`t true, Most all the people that I know are NOT signing up, and prefer to just pay the $95.00 fine.

I encourage all people to just say no, Obammycare is way behind on enrollment and if they do not hit their projected mark, it will fail even worse than everything else the slave owning Democrats have tried.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is imaginary 1 hr Dimitrias 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Robin 34,759
last post wins! (Feb '11) Wed info relayer 25,885
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) Wed Val 75
Denver tar (Nov '14) May 3 GRANDPA NICOLAI 30
Visiting Denver soon May 2 Dallas 1
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Apr 29 ThomasA 195
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages