|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't Wall Street Journal and Fox News, both owned by the Australian, Rupert Murdoch? Kinda hurt's their validity and honesty, does'nt it?
Read the first post.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read what I posted? Did you even read what you posted?

Your post provided this list which supports the articles I posted:
public recognition of exempt status (which can be helpful for fundraising purposes),
eligibility for nonprofit mailing privileges,
exemption from certain state level taxes,
the “peace of mind” factor – giving the organization the assurance that it qualifies for exemption and won’t be required to pay back taxes if the IRS later decides it doesn’t qualify for exemption.

Do you deny these facts? Because 3 years to wait for approval and not only that the fact they were approved after the election is damning... Now post something else that shows the groups could have done what they wanted without the status or you can just concede.
You posted an opinion piece and expect it to be accepted as fact.

Even the IRS backs up my point.
Hear it from them by calling 1-877-829-5500

All of this information is available on the IRS website, even form 8871 that political groups wanting tax exempt status must fill out.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>You posted an opinion piece and expect it to be accepted as fact.

Even the IRS backs up my point.
Hear it from them by calling 1-877-829-5500

All of this information is available on the IRS website, even form 8871 that political groups wanting tax exempt status must fill out.
It was a study... Not opinion. The numbers are recorded, if you're going to deny fact, and post nothing else then concede.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Says Opinion right at the top of the page in your link. The rules for those groups on the IRS site should be enough proof for anyone with half a brain. That doesn't say much about you though.
In my first post it was an aticle about:a new research paper, Andreas Madestam (from Stockholm University), Daniel Shoag and David Yanagizawa-Drott (both from the Harvard Kennedy School), and I set out to find out how much impact the Tea Party had on voter turnout in the 2010 election.
Did you read it?

READ THE STUDY that provides FACTS:
http://www.aei.org/files/2012/12/18/-veuger-t...

Did you read your posted BLOG? The very 1st point of advantage is disable because of status.

So either you are very ignorant or you just support your side using the IRS to help give your side a political advantage.

Hearings continue over this matter.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>In my first post it was an aticle about:“a new research paper, Andreas Madestam (from Stockholm University), Daniel Shoag and David Yanagizawa-Drott (both from the Harvard Kennedy School), and I set out to find out how much impact the Tea Party had on voter turnout in the 2010 election.”
Did you read it?

READ THE STUDY that provides FACTS:

Did you read your posted BLOG? The very 1st point of advantage is disable because of status.

So either you are very ignorant or you just support your side using the IRS to help give your side a political advantage.

According to the forms for filing for tax free status you can continue to operate until the application is processed. You act like I'm making this up but I gave you the links and form numbers so you could go check for yourself yet all you seem to want to do is ignore anything that doesn't fit your agenda.
Yes, money is being wasted by Issa and nothing will come from it. Not one conservative group was denied tax free status. Do you think the IRS should rubber stamp approval on everyone that applies for tax free status or should they do their job and verify applicants?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for posting information that is proving my point further...

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Please post another!
Looks like an opinion piece to me.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like an opinion piece to me.
On a website owned by Rupert Murdoch.....nothing fishy about that....lol....

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the forms for filing for tax free status you can continue to operate until the application is processed. You act like I'm making this up but I gave you the links and form numbers so you could go check for yourself yet all you seem to want to do is ignore anything that doesn't fit your agenda.
Yes, money is being wasted by Issa and nothing will come from it. Not one conservative group was denied tax free status. Do you think the IRS should rubber stamp approval on everyone that applies for tax free status or should they do their job and verify applicants?
I see what youre doing... How did I miss this?
The question is not if tax free status you can continue to operate until the application is processed. which took three years plus in most cases, the issue is did it effect tea part organizations adversely or negatively... The answer base on what I posted to you and you refuse to read is yes.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> On a website owned by Rupert Murdoch.....nothing fishy about that....lol....
You dont read anything I post do you... Lick on the following:

AEI is officially nonpartisan and its website includes a statement on political advocacy. NOT OWNED BY Rupert Murdoch. But good to know you lie like the rest of your party.

At least youre all being consistent.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>I see what you’re doing... How did I miss this?
The question is not if “tax free status you can continue to operate until the application is processed.”
That has been my whole point from the beginning. Go back and re-read my postings in our discussions in this thread.
No one stopped those groups from operating while waiting for their tax free approval from the IRS. They could continue to operate AS tax free groups while waiting approval. No one stopped them from doing anything unless they chose to do so on their own.

You missed this because if your poor debating skills and your narrow minded views. Sometimes you need to be a little more open minded to see the big picture.
So do you now agree that groups awaiting tax free status approval could continue to operate as tax free until their application was approved?

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>That has been my whole point from the beginning. Go back and re-read my postings in our discussions in this thread.
No one stopped those groups from operating while waiting for their tax free approval from the IRS. They could continue to operate AS tax free groups while waiting approval. No one stopped them from doing anything unless they chose to do so on their own.

You missed this because if your poor debating skills and your narrow minded views. Sometimes you need to be a little more open minded to see the big picture.
So do you now agree that groups awaiting tax free status approval could continue to operate as tax free until their application was approved?
The question is not if “tax free status you can continue to operate until the application is processed.” which took three years plus in most cases, the issue is did it effect tea part organizations adversely or negatively... The answer base on what I posted to you and you refuse to read is yes.

GodsHound

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Atyheist Ayn Rand Worshipping Republicans......

Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand - The Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com/...ayn-rand...paul-rya... ...- Similar to Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand - The Washington Post
Aug 13, 2012 ... What Ayn Rand says about Paul Ryan ..... Ryan is just at the head of the line of the goose-stepping tea party obstructionists who all share the ...

Conservatives once ridiculed Ayn Rand - Salon.com
www.salon.com/2013/08/.../conservatives_once_... - Similar to Conservatives once ridiculed Ayn Rand - Salon.com
Aug 8, 2013 ... Today's doltish conservatives, like Paul Ryan, worship her.... the mentality of the Tea Party right that seeks to sabotage government (as Rand's ...
GodsHound

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Atheist Ayn Rand , that is...............
GodsHound

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

The Republican Tea Party Movie, "Atlas Shrugged," Based on the Fiction Novel and Republican Tea Party Bible, written by Ayn Rand.

Terrible Reviews Will Not Stop Ayn Rand Movie Atlas Shrugged 3 ...
www.alternet.org/tea-party.../terrible-review... ...- Similar to Terrible Reviews Will Not Stop Ayn Rand Movie Atlas Shrugged 3 ...
Mar 13, 2013 ... The first film, released in April, 2011, was pushed by Tea Party groups like Freedomworks, natural fans of Ayn Rand, whose original work ...

Atlas Shrugged: Part I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged:_Part_I - Similar to Atlas Shrugged: Part I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Atlas Shrugged: Part I is a 2011 American film adaptation of part of Ayn Rand's 1957 novel Atlas Shrugged, intended as the first .... Additionally, it was reported that Tea Party groups across the country were plugging the movie trailer on their ...

Atlas Shrugged: Part II - Atlas Shrugged: Part III - Al Capone's vault - Jsu Garcia
The Tea Party and Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged | Megan Gibson ...
www.theguardian.com/.../2011/.../tea-party-mo... - Similar to The Tea Party and Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged | Megan Gibson ...
Apr 22, 2011 ... Megan Gibson: Ayn Rand is a cult figure for Tea Party types, but if a bad movie gets them reading, they may be surprised by her ideas.
GodsHound

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Atheist Murray Rothbard, a Founder of the Republican Libertarian Party was a Friend of the Republican Tea Party Messiah, Ayn Rand for a time in New York City.

Murray Rothbard's Practical Politics | The American Conservative
www.theamericanconservative.com/.../murray-ro... -...- Similar to Murray Rothbard's Practical Politics | The American Conservative
Jul 31, 2012 ... Ron Paul's legislative director.... Austrian economist Murray Rothbard was one of the most brilliant libertarian minds of all time.... In the early days of the Libertarian Party, Rothbard identified counterproductive personality ...

Libertarianism | Murray N. Rothbard - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch...
80 min - Jul 28, 2009 - Uploaded by misesmedia
Murray N. Rothbard presented this speech at the Michigan Libertarian ... A History of Money ...
GodsHound

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Republican Heroes, Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard argued heatedly for Abortion on Demand for any reason.

WHY do Republicans LIE and claim to be against Abortion on Demand??
I suspect the GOP Lies in a Cynical Ploy to get Votes from the Church Crowd.

Libertarian perspectives on abortion - Wikipedia, the free ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_perspective... - Similar to Libertarian perspectives on abortion - Wikipedia, the free ...
Philosopher Ayn Rand argued that the notion of a fetus having a right to life is " vicious ... Philosopher Murray Rothbard wrote that "no being has a right to live,...
The Fetus as Parasitic Invader: Murray Rothbard on Abortion ...
www.dailypaul.com/.../the-fetus-as-parasitic-... ...- Similar to The Fetus as Parasitic Invader: Murray Rothbard on Abortion ...
The proper groundwork for analysis of abortion is in every man's ... Like Ayn Rand, Rothbard is right up there with writers that say way too much ...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

interesting perspective......seems to be playing out as I speak.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Atheist Ludwig Von Mises was a contemporary of Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard. This UnHoly Trinity are considered to be the Right Wing Intellectuals whose books guide the Republican Tea Party, the Republican Libertarian Party and the Republican John Birch Society.

All three of them Despised Social Security, Medicare, and Unemployment Insurance. The Unholy Trinity despised All Federal Labor Laws, including, the 40 Hour Work Week, Overtime Pay, Labor Unions and the NLRB, and the Child Labor Laws.

Paul Ryan says if they can Eliminate Social Security and Medicare, they can Use that money to Pay Off the National Debt Without Raising Taxes.

The Ludwig Von Mises Institute has a "Plan" to Eliminate Social Security and Medicare.

How to Eliminate Social Security and Medicare - Ludwig von ...
mises.org/daily/5191/ - Similar to How to Eliminate Social Security and Medicare - Ludwig von ...
Apr 8, 2011 ... Expenditures under the Social Security and Medicare programs account for approximately one-third of total federal government spending.
GodsHound

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Libertarian Republican Murray Rothbard's Hate Filled World..

Linguist and political theorist Noam Chomsky described Rothbard's vision as a "world so full of hate that no human being would want to live in it". He condemned Rothbard's idea that even public goods like roads and education, which benefit all people in a community, should only be funded at the behest of those who can afford to pay for them. He concluded that Rothbard's moral theory "isn't even worth talking about", since a world governed by an absolutist conception of property rights "couldn't function for a second -- and if it could, all you'd want to do is get out, or commit suicide". He also noted that Rothbard's ideas are not taken seriously by mainstream thinkers.[45]
GodsHound

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Tea Party Republican Paul Ryan's Plan to Eliminate Social Security and Medicare and Use that Money to pay off the National Debt without raising Taxes on the Rich. Did I mention that Paul Ryan is now a Multi-Millionaire?

Paul Ryan starts budget negotiations by going after Social ...
www.dailykos.com/.../-Paul-Ryan-starts-budget... -...
Oct 30, 2013 ... What Ryan was declaring off the table has little to do with ... Use a person's full name, without any title..... Make the wealthiest pay social security tax on every dime of their ... The deficit is raised by Nearly 3 Trillion Dollars, and Social Security is ...... I am going to increase my calm by donating some money to ...

The Ryan Budget's Radical Priorities - Center on Budget and ...
www.cbpp.org/cms/... - Similar to The Ryan Budget's Radical Priorities - Center on Budget and ...
Paul Ryan (R-WI) the ranking Republican on the House Budget ... At the same time, the Ryan plan would raise taxes for most middle-income families, privatize a .... The Ryan plan proposes large cuts in Social Security benefits roughly 16 .... Using TPC's new revenue estimates, we estimate that the budget deficit under ...

Ryan on His Deal:'This Isn't The Greatest Agreement of All ...
cnsnews.com/news/.../ryan-his-deal-isnt-great...
5 days ago ... Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Budget Committee Chair Sen.... Ryan said the proposed budget "cuts the deficit without raising taxes by ... in ten years and paid off the debt, but "I can't get that, so I want to get this." ..... While about 40% of that is owed to the money borrowed from the Social Security System ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••