Comments
9,641 - 9,660 of 12,410 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10869 Jul 19, 2013
carl_rode wrote:
<quoted text>that's a straight up lie......
far from being a republican....
to be honest with ya "publican" I didn't read all the garbage you wrote....
it was too long, not interested....
you goons compare the USA to Europe all the time, how hopeless it is and all that, yet you revert to British folklore, asking that WE (the superior), to honor you.......NOT!!!!
for a "humble Democrat" to honor you in all your ignorance would be shameful....
one day you might come to your senses....
Ignorance? Like how you ignore simple questions?
Infantile Left Winged

Chico, CA

#10870 Jul 19, 2013
carl_rode wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhhhhh ya poor jerk~
hope ya don't suffer tooo badly (well, not really lol).....
someone give this poor jerk a $dollar bill to sniff on.....
your wasting your time if perchance you think you can convince me to reconsider the republican agenda.....
that will never happen again....
I tried to think like a republican for a season, I cant......
its a cruel, evil, mind-set.....
sooooo ya might want to go puke that vile stench elsewhere, otherwise your wasting your time beck....~
Congratulations, you are the epitome of a "liberal douchebag"!
Especially #3

liberal douchebag:
A Democrat, social parasite, or self-described 'progressive' who feels more comfortable having others do their thinking for them. The vast majority of positions espoused by liberal douchebags are merely re-repeatings of things heard from other, more vociferous liberal douchebags.(chris matthews)
Liberal douchebags are incapable of logical thinking. There are only three requirements for being a liberal douchebag:

1. You must be superior to all others (and you must incessantly announce your perceived intelligence to the point where everyone knows you are actually a liberal douchebag, i.e. "Liberals are smarter because of the direct ingestion of same-sex genitalia."

2. You must not have any ACTUAL accomplishments in life. Anyone who has actually accomplished anything in life would have nothing to do with a liberal douchebag social parasite.

3. You MUST be untalented AND hateful to become a liberal douchebag.
Infantile Left Winged

Chico, CA

#10871 Jul 19, 2013
carl_rode wrote:
<quoted text>
to be honest with ya "publican" I didn't read all the garbage you wrote... it was too long, not interested....
The truth? It has NO liberal friends!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10872 Jul 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...The Bush Doctrine......
The security environment confronting the United States today is radically different from what we have faced before. Yet the first duty of the United States Government remains what it always has been: to protect the American people and American interests. It is an enduring American principle that this duty obligates the government to anticipate and counter threats, using all elements of national power, before the threats can do grave damage. The greater the threat, the greater is the risk of inaction – and the more compelling the case for taking anticipatory action to defend ourselves, even if uncertainty remains as to the time and place of the enemy’s attack. There are few greater threats than a terrorist attack with WMD.
To forestall or prevent such hostile acts by our adversaries, the United States will, if necessary, act preemptively in exercising our inherent right of self-defense. The United States will not resort to force in all cases to preempt emerging threats. Our preference is that nonmilitary actions succeed. And no country should ever use preemption as a pretext for aggression.
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ns...
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#10873 Jul 19, 2013
Infantile Left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations, you are the epitome of a "liberal douchebag"!
Especially #3
liberal douchebag:
A Democrat, social parasite, or self-described 'progressive' who feels more comfortable having others do their thinking for them. The vast majority of positions espoused by liberal douchebags are merely re-repeatings of things heard from other, more vociferous liberal douchebags.(chris matthews)
Liberal douchebags are incapable of logical thinking. There are only three requirements for being a liberal douchebag:
1. You must be superior to all others (and you must incessantly announce your perceived intelligence to the point where everyone knows you are actually a liberal douchebag, i.e. "Liberals are smarter because of the direct ingestion of same-sex genitalia."
2. You must not have any ACTUAL accomplishments in life. Anyone who has actually accomplished anything in life would have nothing to do with a liberal douchebag social parasite.
3. You MUST be untalented AND hateful to become a liberal douchebag.
Regarding statement #1: I'm beginning to AGREE with Bill O'Reilly's recent (generic) mindset that it should actually be AGAINST THE LAW OF THE LAND TO (1): Call someone a "liberal", "leftist", or even "progressive" SOLEY because of their sexual orientation and/or attitude on sexual orientation and NO other reason, and (2) Likewise call someone a "druggie" for using marijuana-only at least in a reasonable, moderate manner. Provable violations should at least be a misdemeanor and this law should actually OVERRIDE the First Amendment's right to free speech!

Signed,

A basic conservative albeit THANKFULLY raised in the most libertarian part of the 1970s and MILITANTLY proud of it too.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10874 Jul 19, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. You haven't apparently. We laugh at you because we can.
Laugh at this...APRIL'S SURPLUS LOWERS U.S. BUDGET DEFICIT....AP(5-14-13)...The U.S. government reported a rare $113 billion for April- the largestin five years and a sign of the nation's improving finances.....Steady economic growth and higher tax rates have boosted the tax revenue in recent months, keeping this year's annual budget deficit, on pace to be the smallest since 2008....A smaller deficit is also likely to give negotiators more time to work out a deal on raising the nation's borrowing limit.....Through the first seven months of the budget year,the deficit was $488 billion, according to the Treasury. That's lower than last year's deficit of $720 billion, over the same period.....FACTS ARE FUN.....

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10875 Jul 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Laugh at this...APRIL'S SURPLUS LOWERS U.S. BUDGET DEFICIT....AP(5-14-13)...The U.S. government reported a rare $113 billion for April- the largestin five years and a sign of the nation's improving finances.....Steady economic growth and higher tax rates have boosted the tax revenue in recent months, keeping this year's annual budget deficit, on pace to be the smallest since 2008....A smaller deficit is also likely to give negotiators more time to work out a deal on raising the nation's borrowing limit.....Through the first seven months of the budget year,the deficit was $488 billion, according to the Treasury. That's lower than last year's deficit of $720 billion, over the same period.....FACTS ARE FUN.....
These facts aren't... Still in the red, so share with us the numbers for national debt, GDP, unemployment, welfare, food stamps, and Detroit going bankrupt... Please tell us all how improved America is now!

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10879 Jul 25, 2013
You know the US economy is bad when the president has to tour the Country to convince people it is good… Hope he hits Detroit!
And the republicans are liars? LOL!!!!
False Prophet

United States

#10880 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Laugh at this...APRIL'S SURPLUS LOWERS U.S. BUDGET DEFICIT....AP(5-14-13)...The U.S. government reported a rare $113 billion for April- the largestin five years and a sign of the nation's improving finances.....Steady economic growth and higher tax rates have boosted the tax revenue in recent months, keeping this year's annual budget deficit, on pace to be the smallest since 2008....A smaller deficit is also likely to give negotiators more time to work out a deal on raising the nation's borrowing limit.....Through the first seven months of the budget year,the deficit was $488 billion, according to the Treasury. That's lower than last year's deficit of $720 billion, over the same period.....FACTS ARE FUN.....
Wow we are only spending 488 billion more than we have each year. Thats enough to buy 244 space shuttles each year.
False Prophet

United States

#10881 Jul 25, 2013
Oh wait i forgot about all of the money printing going on. So adjusted for inflation 488 billion would buy you 88 space shuttles in 2013.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10882 Jul 25, 2013
False Prophet wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow we are only spending 488 billion more than we have each year. Thats enough to buy 244 space shuttles each year.
Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion....Where's the Love?

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10883 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion....Where's the Love?
The "Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion"?!?!?!? Do you know what you're talking about?

If the "Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion" America is more than screwed!

I think you just don't have a clue.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

#10884 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion....Where's the Love?
Dupe:
To be, or function as a tool of another.
AKA... useful idiot.

Please explain to us all, how the deficit is supposedly going down, when the Feds 'Bernanke' is pumping $85 Billion a month of funny money into wall St.?

The only thing that QE3 is stimulating?
Hyper inflation!!!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10885 Jul 29, 2013

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10886 Jul 29, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo .php?fbid=550419741661381& set=a.348519888518035.71996.21 0357995667559&type=1&r ef=nf
Lol. We'll just let Americans take office and the socialist can socialize in hong hong.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10887 Jul 29, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion"?!?!?!? Do you know what you're talking about?
If the "Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion" America is more than screwed!
I think you just don't have a clue.
You must have forgotten, it was $17.5 Trillion, during last election....Look it up....

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10888 Jul 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You must have forgotten, it was $17.5 Trillion, during last election....Look it up....
Why don't you explain this "Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion"... You seem so smart and knowledgable... How about giving the definition of the "Federal Deficit" and the policies that led to the down turn that you speak of...

Honestly, if the "Federal Deficit [is] down to $16.7 Trillion" the United States is DONE!

Just so we are very clear, my comment about YOU being smart and knowledgable was made with sarcasm. It's apparent you know nothing.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10889 Jul 30, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you explain this "Federal Deficit down to $16.7 Trillion"... You seem so smart and knowledgable... How about giving the definition of the "Federal Deficit" and the policies that led to the down turn that you speak of...
Honestly, if the "Federal Deficit [is] down to $16.7 Trillion" the United States is DONE!
Just so we are very clear, my comment about YOU being smart and knowledgable was made with sarcasm. It's apparent you know nothing.
U.S. Budget Deficit went from $17.5 Trillion in 2012...to $16.7 Trillion NOW....THAT WOULD BE LESS......

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10890 Jul 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>U.S. Budget Deficit went from $17.5 Trillion in 2012...to $16.7 Trillion NOW....THAT WOULD BE LESS......
The “U.S. Budget Deficit went from $17.5 Trillion in 2012...to $16.7 Trillion NOW”?????????
Very apparent you know nothing.
Come back when you understand the difference between the “U.S. Budget Deficit” and National debt. You’re sad.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10891 Jul 30, 2013
Yes, Lady Gaga's Songs Contribute to GDP
The new measure of the economy's output reflects the importance of intellectual property.

By OSAGIE IMASOGIE And THADDEUS J. KOBYLARZ
The U.S. government recently announced a welcome revision to the way it estimates gross domestic product. Starting July 31, the Bureau of Economic Analysis will record expenditures for "R&D and for entertainment, literary and artistic originals as fixed investment," grouping them with expenditures for software into a new investment category called "intellectual property products."

What does this mean for GDP? Until this change, as Wellesley economist Daniel Sichel recently told NPR, "If Lady Gaga did a concert and sold concert tickets, the concert tickets would count as GDP," but the money she spent writing and recording an album wouldn't. That didn't make sense, because as Mr. Sichel pointed out, the money an artist invests in a film or song is "really quite analogous to a factory investing in a new machine." The same is clearly true of money invested in R&D for new drugs or smartphones.

Taken together, these new revisions are even more significant than the 1999 revision that added expenditures for computer software to the national accounts. Why? First, by expanding the list of intellectual-property investments used to calculate GDP to include R&D and the arts and entertainment industry, the present U.S. economy is shown to be roughly 3%—or $400 billion—larger than thought.(That doesn't mean we'll see a dramatic increase in GDP after July; the GDP figures going back to 1929 will also be adjusted, lessening the impact of the change on current growth rates.)
...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Terra Firma 3,009
Relocating advice 5 hr Jjdenver3 10
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 18 hr Respect71 1,301
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) Thu curious 37
annette marion tortures w/cpms yvette handfield... Thu ANNETTE MARION KI... 1
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) Thu Hannah V 4,211
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) Thu joanNYadoptees 2,787
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••