|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for making my point…
I do not, and you neglected to state in your spewing of mass misunderstanding of the Bible that the Bible is NOT SPECIFIC on the age of the Earth… But you can’t state that because it would take away from your religion bashing.
Okay, Now Please explain God’s plan for salvation as you understand it.

Funny as only one was why understanding of the bible the rest were What other Christian denomination say God’s plan for salvation is. Basically you said that there understand of the bible is " spewing of mass misunderstanding of the Bible end quote

Young earth from BIBLE!!!!!
Genesis 1 says that the earth was created on the first day of creation (Genesis 1:1–5). From there, we can begin to calculate the age of the earth.Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him.
If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the text of Genesis 5 and 11.

Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C.(4,000 years ago).
So a simple calculation is:
5 days
+ 2000 years
+ 4000 years
= 6000 years

Historians date Abraham's bibilical story around 2000 B.C., based on clues in Genesis Chapters 11 through 25. Considered the first of the biblical patriarchs, Abraham's life history encompasses a journey starts that in a place called Ur. In Abraham's time, Ur was one of the great city-states in Sumer, a part of the Fertile Crescent located from the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers in Iraq to the Nile in Egypt. Historians call this era from 3000 to 2000 B.C. "the dawn of civilization" because it marks the earliest documented dates when people settled in communities and began such things as writing, agriculture and commerce.
http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/amen/a/122...

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

District9 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were not facts, "just what was reported" by an un-named source..ROFLMAO!!
Time for you to man up and admit you were wrong, if you can't do that you remind me of that chick in "The Wedding Crashers" when she asked her Dad if Vince Vaughn could go with them to the family house. I can see her with her fingers in each ear stomping her feet because she didn't want to hear it. Yea, you remind me of her..ROFLMAO!!
I answered your question, re-read it again..lol.
So multiple sources aren’t facts now… Skew and twist but that makes you ignorant, and worse yet ignorant by choice.
You never stated if you support the sale you stated,“I am all for free enterprise.”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer this but first I'd like to hear from you why so many Christians believe in a young earth if not because of the Bible?
So many don’t, you say so many do, and all that is, is your opinion.

The Bible is truth cover to cover, and lines up with scientific discoveries for years and years.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm a Christian, and I've NEVER heard of this "young earth" claim of yours.
So how about you explain just what is this "young earth" claim of yours, that you also claim; "so many Christians believe in"???
WOW really never heard of the state-of-the-art 70000 square foot Creation Museum brings the pages of the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form for all to see.
http://creationmuseum.org/

Gallup Poll: 46% of Americans Are Creationists
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So many don’t, you say so many do, and all that is, is your opinion.
The Bible is truth cover to cover, and lines up with scientific discoveries for years and years.
BA 6000 to 9000 young earth is the opinion of 58% of the republican party. AKA a majority!!!

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/40435...

Well if the bible id truth you live on a flat earth covered by a steel bowl with doors to let moon and sun in and out. That steel bowl also holds the little twinkling stars up but at time these stars fall to earth.

Bible also has rules for selling ones daughter to being a sex slave and stoning to death all disobedient children.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 to kill their disobedient children with stones

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for you to explain God’s plan for salvation as you understand it.. So far you have only spewed opinion about what you THINK it is and misunderstanding. If my 4 year old can explain it why can't you?
What I think God’s plan for salvation is is the same as my opinion is the same as my understanding.

It is also my opinion that your 4 year old would understand that.
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/americans-c...

And your poll??? It says that only 15% BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION!!!
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creati...

So your left wing rag that you posted? It is liars, and spin doktors just like all of you liberals!!! LMAO
==========
And thank you for the link to the creation museum. No I had never heard of it! How cool is that!!!
But I still didn't see anything for "young earth"???
Are you sure you're not confusing this with 'Young Life' childrens ministries?

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>BA 6000 to 9000 young earth is the opinion of 58% of the republican party. AKA a majority!!!

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/40435...

Well if the bible id truth you live on a flat earth covered by a steel bowl with doors to let moon and sun in and out. That steel bowl also holds the little twinkling stars up but at time these stars fall to earth.

Bible also has rules for selling ones daughter to being a sex slave and stoning to death all disobedient children.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 to kill their disobedient children with stones

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
Lol. We've done this before on a different thread. The Bible tells of the spherical earth suspended by nothing. And tells of how to eat pork before people even knew why. And you obviously haven't a clue why God tells us these things. So you live in ignorance.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>What I think GodÂ’s plan for salvation is is the same as my opinion is the same as my understanding.

It is also my opinion that your 4 year old would understand that.
Like I said before even the most unschooled Bible believing Christian know more about God than you. This is fact not opinion

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really but apparently it’s hard for you.
I'll try again.

Time Travel And Einstein's Relativity Made Easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before even the most unschooled Bible believing Christian know more about God than you. This is fact not opinion
Which god? There are thousands of them.

Even FOX news does not agree.

It's No Surprise That Atheists Know More About Religion Than Most Americans

I am pleased, but not surprised, that the new survey from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life shows that atheists know just as much -- if not quite a bit more – about religion than do religious people in general. The simple truth is this; the more someone knows about religion, the more likely they will reject it as mythology.
Consider the books of Leviticus, Job, or Revelations. These are not books of love, but rather of barbaric rules, ruthless torture, and threats from a petty and bloodthirsty god. Islam is no different, placing a pedophile on a pedestal of perfection.
How anyone could read these books and take them as holy and relevant is beyond me, and most others who seriously think about it.Remember, the purpose of religion to the believer is to provide easy answers and the belief in immortality.
Many religious people do not read their holy books for fear of finding things they don’t like, which will force them to consider whether those easy answers are valid, and whether death is in fact permanent. In other words, religious people already have doubts, and avoid reading their Bibles to avoid addressing those doubts.
Preachers, on the other hand, know that knowledge of the Bible can often lead to atheism, so they prefer the flock listen to the preacher talk about the Bible (which the preacher can edit as he sees fit), rather than read it themselves. This is how they make a (tax free) living.
Because of the reasons I addressed above, believers are happy to comply.
When a person begins to doubt the veracity of the religion into which they happen to have been born, they often read the holy books in the hope that they are wrong, that it will all make sense, and that the answers provided by those books will be logically valid. The problem is, they aren’t.
Further study will show that indeed, all religions are the same in that none of them provide anything but yesterday’s mythology.
So please, dear readers, read your Bible. Before you pay your preacher another penny, or get on your knees to beg your god for something you know very well he’s not going to give you, read your holy book, cover to cover, alone. I dare you.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/09/28/dav...

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>I'll try again.

Time Travel And Einstein's Relativity Made Easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I understand it. And God certainly does as well. Your a very small minded person.
why are you so stuck on a young earth if time is relative?
If science and the Bible line up... And it's okay if it frustrates you.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>Which god? There are thousands of them.

Even FOX news does not agree.

It's No Surprise That Atheists Know More About Religion Than Most Americans

I am pleased, but not surprised, that the new survey from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life shows that atheists know just as much -- if not quite a bit more – about religion than do religious people in general. The simple truth is this; the more someone knows about religion, the more likely they will reject it as mythology.
Consider the books of Leviticus, Job, or Revelations. These are not books of love, but rather of barbaric rules, ruthless torture, and threats from a petty and bloodthirsty god. Islam is no different, placing a pedophile on a pedestal of perfection.
How anyone could read these books and take them as holy and relevant is beyond me, and most others who seriously think about it.Remember, the purpose of religion to the believer is to provide easy answers and the belief in immortality.
Many religious people do not read their holy books for fear of finding things they donÂ’t like, which will force them to consider whether those easy answers are valid, and whether death is in fact permanent. In other words, religious people already have doubts, and avoid reading their Bibles to avoid addressing those doubts.
Preachers, on the other hand, know that knowledge of the Bible can often lead to atheism, so they prefer the flock listen to the preacher talk about the Bible (which the preacher can edit as he sees fit), rather than read it themselves. This is how they make a (tax free) living.
Because of the reasons I addressed above, believers are happy to comply.
When a person begins to doubt the veracity of the religion into which they happen to have been born, they often read the holy books in the hope that they are wrong, that it will all make sense, and that the answers provided by those books will be logically valid. The problem is, they arenÂ’t.
Further study will show that indeed, all religions are the same in that none of them provide anything but yesterdayÂ’s mythology.
So please, dear readers, read your Bible. Before you pay your preacher another penny, or get on your knees to beg your god for something you know very well heÂ’s not going to give you, read your holy book, cover to cover, alone. I dare you.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/09/28/dav...
There's only one. You act as though Fox News is a God. Now I know you're ignorant and possibly a little mental.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. We've done this before on a different thread. The Bible tells of the spherical earth suspended by nothing. And tells of how to eat pork before people even knew why. And you obviously haven't a clue why God tells us these things. So you live in ignorance.
Show where?

The Bible said the Earth is a "circle". How is that right? The earth is a sphere. Those are two completely different shapes.

Isaiah 40:22
It is He who sits above the CIRCLE of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

The Hebrew word used in scripture for “circle” in Isaiah 40:22 is chuwg.... have made more sense to use the Hebrew word for “ball,” which is duwr.

He did so in (Isaiah 22:18)

He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a BALL (duwr) into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord’s house.

As the Bible also says the earth is planted firm and can't be moved
"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. Psalm 104:5

The world also is firmly established, it shall not be moved"
I Chronicles 16:30

The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.(Ecclesiastes 1:5)

So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. Joshua 10:13

Bible tells of a flat nonmoving earth with sun and moon that do move.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one. You act as though Fox News is a God. Now I know you're ignorant and possibly a little mental.
If I post from anywhere else it's "That's a liberal rag" is what I hear from you.

Besides that fox news story shows where it comes from be easy for you to read the whole report if you wanted to.Of course you won't.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it. And God certainly does as well. Your a very small minded person.
why are you so stuck on a young earth if time is relative?
If science and the Bible line up... And it's okay if it frustrates you.
WOW, How many time must you be told for something to sink in?

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>If I post from anywhere else it's "That's a liberal rag" is what I hear from you.

Besides that fox news story shows where it comes from be easy for you to read the whole report if you wanted to.Of course you won't.
Just like you choose to not understand who God is. At least I take responsibility for not choices.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, How many time must you be told for something to sink in?
You can't answer the question? Why?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/americans-c...
And your poll??? It says that only 15% BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION!!!
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creati...
So your left wing rag that you posted? It is liars, and spin doktors just like all of you liberals!!! LMAO
==========
And thank you for the link to the creation museum. No I had never heard of it! How cool is that!!!
But I still didn't see anything for "young earth"???
Are you sure you're not confusing this with 'Young Life' childrens ministries?
WOW, this is the survey and it says just what I said it says.

From your link." Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process.

I said:
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look above at your link it says the same thing.
Here it is from your link read again.
Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years.

Ya know that 15% that believe in Evolution know that evolution takes billions of years don't you. Well I hope you do now...

On to Ken Ham's young earth creation museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't answer the question? Why?
I have answered the question numerous times.Your bubble must be protecting you from the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••