Comments
8,961 - 8,980 of 12,417 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10124 Dec 12, 2012
Busty Miss wrote:
Karl, I recently sold off some gold and silver no one in the family wanted.
I must say my savings account is very happy right now.
Now I need to decide what to do with the $$$....reinvest, let it grow or ?
So many options. Life is good!
Taxes are going up on investments to 39% and in addition there is a tax for Obamacare concerning investments as well… You need to learn about it.

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10125 Dec 12, 2012
Busty Miss wrote:
Karl, I recently sold off some gold and silver no one in the family wanted.
I must say my savings account is very happy right now.
Now I need to decide what to do with the $$$....reinvest, let it grow or ?
So many options. Life is good!
I have been trading in the commodities market for about 5 years (since retirement)

I will not give direct advise on-line except to say Gold, Silver is at all time highs right now, and are a very good investment.

Here is a good web site for more information

http://www.apmex.com/... (+)

Level 2

Location hidden

#10126 Dec 12, 2012
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes are going up on investments to 39% and in addition there is a tax for Obamacare concerning investments as well… You need to learn about it.
Only if you are a high income earner

The U.S. Internal Revenue Service has released new rules for investment income taxes on capital gains and dividends earned by high-income individuals that passed Congress as part of the 2010 healthcare reform law.

3.8 percent surtax on investment income

The tax only affects only individuals with more than $200,000 in modified adjusted gross income

http://www.businessinsider.com/goldman-divide...
Busty Miss

Denver, CO

#10127 Dec 12, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been trading in the commodities market for about 5 years (since retirement)
I will not give direct advise on-line except to say Gold, Silver is at all time highs right now, and are a very good investment.
Here is a good web site for more information
http://www.apmex.com/... (+)
Wise move to not give advice directly.

Thanks for the website.

Have a fantastic rest of the week!
Busty Miss

Denver, CO

#10128 Dec 12, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service has released new rules for investment income taxes on capital gains and dividends earned by high-income individuals that passed Congress as part of the 2010 healthcare reform law.
The tax only affects only individuals with more than $200,000 in modified adjusted gross income
Thanks for the reminder. I need to keep the family income under the wire.

Level 6

Location hidden

#10129 Dec 12, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL… So therefore what? The 3.8 only effects higher wage earners but lower income investor only gets to pay the higher Clinton rates…? Which is more? This is a good thing?

All investors will pay more.

Level 2

Location hidden

#10130 Dec 12, 2012
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL… So therefore what? The 3.8 only effects higher wage earners but lower income investor only gets to pay the higher Clinton rates…? Which is more? This is a good thing?
All investors will pay more.
Yes
Busty Miss

Denver, CO

#10131 Dec 12, 2012

Level 6

Location hidden

#10132 Dec 12, 2012
Busty Miss wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ti cket/romney-earns-politifact-l ie-jeeps-made-china-143057560- -election.html
Look at you go! Finally.

Level 2

Location hidden

#10133 Dec 13, 2012
The Republican manufactured "fiscal cliff" is coming back to bite them in the AZZ

There would be NO "fiscal Cliff" if the republicans hadn't used tax increases on the top 2% as a bargaining chip during last years debt ceiling debacle.

They were so sure Mittens Romney was going to win the election they wouldn't have anything to worry about...well...

The Republican Party is truly in crisis, and that crisis is now coming to a head. The popular vote in the most recent election was an endorsement of Obama’s performance and a clear refutation of GOP extremism.

The majority in the country want taxes on the top 2% to increase, it appears the Republicans Hell bent on their very own extinction.
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

#10134 Dec 13, 2012
The Liberal Lie, The Conservative Truth.

OBAMA'S, "FISCAL CLIFF," PLAN
Republicans are talking surrender, saying they are willing to, "negotiate," with Obama about the, "fiscal cliff," which allows the Bush tax RATES,(not cuts), to expire December 31st as well as massive cuts in the military through sequestration. The GOP negotiating tool is to end tax, "loopholes," and deduction for the, "rich," but not changing the rates. In other words double talk because when the deductions are ended although rates don't change taxes go up for EVERY small business in The United States as individuals who own the business will pay higher taxes since their deductions will no longer be in affect.

But Barack Obama is not going for this now saying that this approach mathematically does not work. Just one month ago when he was running for reelection and as a typical liberal politician who refuses to talk tax increases when running for office but seeks them after winning, Obama stated that closing loopholes and ending deductions would work without raising rates. Now that he's won the math doesn't work. The only difference is now he has no one to be accountable to in a voting booth so talking about raising taxes fits the liberal ideology.

But no matter what plan the GOP puts forth unless they cave 100% to Obama's plan, he will let the, "fiscal cliff," take place and allow the tax rates to expire as well as military cuts that he demanded during the negotiations to raise the debt limit when he stated he would NOT sign any debt limit increase unless it included the sequestration cuts and John Boehner caved then as he is doing now.

Obama's real plan is to let this cliff happen in order to get the military cuts he wants AND raise tax rates for those making $250K and up at the same time. By allowing the rates to expire at the end of the month he gets everything he wants then can force Congress to make him look like a hero when he proposes tax cuts for the middle class equal to the same rates that expired thus keeping the status quo but telling the American people that he cut taxes for the 98% and forced the 2% who provide all the jobs to, "pay their fair share."
http://theliberalslies.blogspot.com/2012/12/o...

Level 2

Location hidden

#10135 Dec 13, 2012
10 Things the LYING Republicans Don't Want You to Know About the "Fiscal Cliff"

The LYING Republicans have called President Obama's $4 trillion debt reduction plan something else: a joke. While Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell boasted that he "burst into laughter," House Speaker John Boehner claimed he was "flabbergasted" at the President's "non-serious proposal."

As it turns out, that choice of language is more than a little ironic. After all, Boehner's counter-offer isn't merely devoid of specifics when it comes to his proposed spending cuts and revenue-raising loophole closing. Like Mitt Romney before him, Speaker Boehner's math doesn't--and cannot--work. More pathetic still, it is the GOP which is trying to dupe the American people by continuing to peddle its long-debunked myths about taxes and the debt.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/10-things-rep...
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

#10136 Dec 13, 2012
Here Are Five Things the Democrats Won’t Tell You.

Election campaigns are about promises: the more grandiose, the better.
Who can forget President Barack Obama’s June 2008 speech, telling a rapt audience that future generations would look back at his victory in the Democratic primaries as “the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow, and our planet began to heal”?
If only he had substituted “deficit” for “oceans.”
Candidates love to promise the moon -- at minimum, a colony on it -- and the stars. Years ago, they could avoid mentioning the cost. Nowadays, the U.S. is in such a deep fiscal hole that a candidate would appear to be out of touch if he didn’t invoke “shared sacrifice” or pay lip service to reducing the deficit.
Yet that is where they draw the line and limit the specifics. Which is why I’m here to tell you five things the 2012 Democrats don’t want you to know.(Next week, it’s the Republicans’ turn.)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-10/here...
==========

And if you are so sure that oblamer is the great healer, how come you are buying precious metals???
I know why I am! I don't believe that oblamer is the great healer... Ibelieve he is the great destroyer!

Level 6

Location hidden

#10137 Dec 13, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
The Republican manufactured "fiscal cliff" is coming back to bite them in the AZZ
There would be NO "fiscal Cliff" if the republicans hadn't used tax increases on the top 2% as a bargaining chip during last years debt ceiling debacle.
They were so sure Mittens Romney was going to win the election they wouldn't have anything to worry about...well...
The Republican Party is truly in crisis, and that crisis is now coming to a head. The popular vote in the most recent election was an endorsement of Obama’s performance and a clear refutation of GOP extremism.
The majority in the country want taxes on the top 2% to increase, it appears the Republicans Hell bent on their very own extinction.
The cliff has nothing to do with TAXES and everything to do with spending... I guess we'll see who get bit but truthfully it's Americans that get the bad end.

Level 2

Location hidden

#10139 Dec 13, 2012
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The cliff has nothing to do with TAXES and everything to do with spending...
Then perhaps you need to e-mail/call your Republican Senators and let them know of your concern as they apparently are fine with the Presidents proposed spending cuts. They are stonewalling over letting the Bush era tax cuts for the top 2% expire.

Federal spending under the Obama administration is at lower than any administration since Reagan (who raised taxes 11 times)

Level 6

Location hidden

#10140 Dec 13, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
<quoted text>
Then perhaps you need to e-mail/call your Republican Senators and let them know of your concern as they apparently are fine with the Presidents proposed spending cuts. They are stonewalling over letting the Bush era tax cuts for the top 2% expire.
Federal spending under the Obama administration is at lower than any administration since Reagan (who raised taxes 11 times)
“Then perhaps you need to e-mail/call your Republican Senators and let them know of your concern as they apparently are fine with the Presidents proposed spending cuts.”
Oh I do but they are like you... so that all I get to do.
“They are stonewalling over letting the Bush era tax cuts for the top 2% expire.” No they are stating the solution for the problem… SPENDING.

“Federal spending under the Obama administration is at lower than any administration since Reagan (who raised taxes 11 times)” This is a lie with fudged numbers and refers to ONLY discretionary spending which is only 1/3 of the federal budget… OBVIOULY spending is out of control with obama.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_20427290...

Level 2

Location hidden

#10141 Dec 15, 2012
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Then perhaps you need to e-mail/call your Republican Senators and let them know of your concern as they apparently are fine with the Presidents proposed spending cuts.”
Oh I do but they are like you... so that all I get to do.
“They are stonewalling over letting the Bush era tax cuts for the top 2% expire.” No they are stating the solution for the problem… SPENDING.
“Federal spending under the Obama administration is at lower than any administration since Reagan (who raised taxes 11 times)” This is a lie with fudged numbers and refers to ONLY discretionary spending which is only 1/3 of the federal budget… OBVIOULY spending is out of control with obama.
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_20427290...
You are F'ing kidding me right

The Republicans are the architects of tax CUTS, with NO concurrent SPENDING cuts (or spending cuts EVER).

Which is more fiscally responsible? Tax and spend, or tax cut and spend?

Do you NOT have a memory beyond 5 years, but then again the tea party doesn't have a memory past 2009

“I dont got no stinkin socks”

Since: Sep 11

RIP { Residing In Parietal }

#10142 Dec 15, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans are the architects of tax CUTS, with NO concurrent SPENDING cuts (or spending cuts EVER).
Do you NOT have a memory beyond 5 years, but then again the tea party doesn't have a memory past 2009
Obummbler was the "Architect" of the last four years and you still want to blame republicans ??
LOL..Obummbler stalled for the last four and never submitted a budget and you still want to blame someone else..lol

“I dont got no stinkin socks”

Since: Sep 11

RIP { Residing In Parietal }

#10143 Dec 15, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
<quoted text>
Obummbler outspent all the former presidents and wasnt smart enough to create real jobs and revenue to stop the already bleeding America..You picked a loser from the start..Or maybe I should say "YOU losers picked a loser picker" due to all 32 green energy companies he funded with our money that went belly up from him trying to be the god of green energy..You seem to forget we are where we are at because of obummblers inept spending habits..

He parties like a rock star every night on your dime..

He spits on starving Americans everyday he vacations or golfs or holds celebrity parties to the tune of billions of American taxpayer dollars..

Obummbler spent us to the cliff..Not republicans.
Busty Miss

Denver, CO

#10144 Dec 15, 2012
Karl, just let Sniper/Scooter/Denver Resident/and all his other socks have the site.

Then he can destroy it all by his little self.

That would make him ever so proud of himself and then he could just have a chat with his other personalities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denver Health Medical Center, place of horrors (Jul '13) 5 hr Quirky 21
wheres the pain meds? 13 hr dev 4
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Sun Random person 142
last post wins! (Feb '11) Sat mr goodwrench 24,647
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) Sat Kawalski 1,302
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Sat lides 3,010
Relocating advice Aug 29 Jjdenver3 10
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs

•••