Service industry employees should speak ENGLISH

Posted in the Denver Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Speak English

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

There should be a law passed that mandates ALL service industry employees in The U.S. should clearly speak, write and comprehend the English language in order to work in this country.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 16, 2014
 
Speak English wrote:
There should be a law passed that mandates ALL service industry employees in The U.S. should clearly speak, write and comprehend the English language in order to work in this country.
Why just them?
push down then pull up

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 16, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
Why just them?
Yeah!, I think dog's should bark in English,
but cat's should meow in Serbo-Croatian.
Speak English

Wheat Ridge, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 16, 2014
 
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
Why just them?
People that serve the American population ie; Fast Food restaurants. When placing an order and the employee cannot even repeat it in plain english it irritates the hell out of me. 9 times out of 10 the order will be wrong as they do not comprehend what they are selling.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 16, 2014
 
Speak English wrote:
<quoted text>
People that serve the American population ie; Fast Food restaurants. When placing an order and the employee cannot even repeat it in plain english it irritates the hell out of me. 9 times out of 10 the order will be wrong as they do not comprehend what they are selling.
I agree. I've had the same problem.

I find it funny they manage to understand how to count money when you pay for the food. How convenient.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 17, 2014
 
Grind 'em all up ad make mexihol out of them, or Soylent brown.
Metis Calypso

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

Perhaps if the 'service industry' paid a somewhat decent wage, english speaking people would apply for those positions. I don't know a whole lot of white people who speak english well that will work for minimum wage.

Honestly, just because some employees 'don't speak english' doesn't mean they aren't hard workers. Have any of you judgmental ass hats actually worked in the service industry? I have worked with some really hard working, loyal individuals who's first language isn't English, but they learn more everyday, and most of them try their asses off to be understood.

For the ones who don't, they are just plain lazy. Most people who act like they don't speak english are doing so because they are sick of being treated like shit by ignorant ass white people who don't know any spanish or whatever other language.
Metis Calypso

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Speak English wrote:
<quoted text>
People that serve the American population ie; Fast Food restaurants. When placing an order and the employee cannot even repeat it in plain english it irritates the hell out of me. 9 times out of 10 the order will be wrong as they do not comprehend what they are selling.
Maybe your stupid, fat, racist ass should stop eating at fast food restaurants that employ people who hardly speak english? There are plenty of places around that hire mostly white english speaking people. The food might be a bit more expensive, but if the english barrier bothers you so much, it should be a small price to pay. Maybe you could stay home and make yourself a fuckn salad once in a while? Or a pbnj? Or just stop eating so much all around...
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Metis Calypso wrote:
Perhaps if the 'service industry' paid a somewhat decent wage, english speaking people would apply for those positions. I don't know a whole lot of white people who speak english well that will work for minimum wage.
Actually what's really going on is white people do want the jobs but they only hire illegals. I'm one of them.
Honestly, just because some employees 'don't speak english' doesn't mean they aren't hard workers.
Being hard workers has nothing to do with the fact they cant understand what you order nor can you understand them. Language is a barrier, case closed.

Microsoft is an example of a language issue. They've outsourced the call center to India. This means they cant speak English well nor understand it. This has made me pull my hair out more than once. I've called tech support and they cant understand me nor I them so I've ended up hanging up on them more than once. Its frustrating to put it mildly.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 17, 2014
 
I'll never forget when I worked cleaning hotel rooms. Most of the workers were from Asia and didnt speak English. Problems kept popping up because of the language barrier. I more than once wanted to pull my hair out.

People should speak the language of the land they live in case closed. Doing otherwise only causes problems.

If I moved to a non-English speaking land I'd speak their language or just not move there. And I certainly wouldn't expect them to bow down to my lazy ass because I didnt feel like learning the language. That's simply ridiculous.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 18, 2014
 
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what's really going on is white people do want the jobs but they only hire illegals. I'm one of them.
<quoted text>
Being hard workers has nothing to do with the fact they cant understand what you order nor can you understand them. Language is a barrier, case closed.
Microsoft is an example of a language issue. They've outsourced the call center to India. This means they cant speak English well nor understand it. This has made me pull my hair out more than once. I've called tech support and they cant understand me nor I them so I've ended up hanging up on them more than once. Its frustrating to put it mildly.
You go Girl, tell 'Em like it really IS.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 18, 2014
 
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>You go Girl, tell 'Em like it really IS.
:-)

Boing boing boing.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 18, 2014
 
I'm in the food service industry, close to 4 decades experience, school, Mgt/Sup., Baker, Pastry Chef, with documentation from Germany......and I can't find a job ANYWHERE.

So I had to move to a lil' po-dunk Town and get a few Americans to pool their cash together and buy a place that ONLY hires Americans.

I honestly HATE mexicans, one did $37,000 damage to my left knee, and I lost My BSA streetbike to an illegal driver, and to top it off my Niece & Uncle were killed by a drunk mexican driver.

But then back in 2006 my oldest Brother was brutally murdered by 2 illegals, one a Honduran, the other a Guatemalan so I guess it's fair that I hate them too.

It's not being racist, "latino" was a word coined by the US Govt., that's all......they're just as white as the rest of Us, except for the mestizos.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 18, 2014
 
Metis Calypso wrote:
Perhaps if the 'service industry' paid a somewhat decent wage, english speaking people would apply for those positions. I don't know a whole lot of white people who speak english well that will work for minimum wage.
Honestly, just because some employees 'don't speak english' doesn't mean they aren't hard workers. Have any of you judgmental ass hats actually worked in the service industry? I have worked with some really hard working, loyal individuals who's first language isn't English, but they learn more everyday, and most of them try their asses off to be understood.
For the ones who don't, they are just plain lazy. Most people who act like they don't speak english are doing so because they are sick of being treated like shit by ignorant ass white people who don't know any spanish or whatever other language.
The "Service industry" was once thriving with work, and USED to pay a living wage as well.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 18, 2014
 
Commander Bunny wrote:
But then back in 2006 my oldest Brother was brutally murdered by 2 illegals, one a Honduran, the other a Guatemalan so I guess it's fair that I hate them too.
.
An "MS-13" gang-initiation, both were juveniles too....kill a Cop, you get a gang membership....wow, what a lifestyle.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 18, 2014
 
^ My Brother was an off-duty cop openly carrying his service pistol, but then, that's LEGAL here.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 18, 2014
 
Commander Bunny wrote:
I'm in the food service industry, close to 4 decades experience, school, Mgt/Sup., Baker, Pastry Chef, with documentation from Germany......and I can't find a job ANYWHERE.
So I had to move to a lil' po-dunk Town and get a few Americans to pool their cash together and buy a place that ONLY hires Americans.
I honestly HATE mexicans, one did $37,000 damage to my left knee, and I lost My BSA streetbike to an illegal driver, and to top it off my Niece & Uncle were killed by a drunk mexican driver.
But then back in 2006 my oldest Brother was brutally murdered by 2 illegals, one a Honduran, the other a Guatemalan so I guess it's fair that I hate them too.
It's not being racist, "latino" was a word coined by the US Govt., that's all......they're just as white as the rest of Us, except for the mestizos.
Hah!....."White".... I'm over %75 Yurok Native American..
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 18, 2014
 
Sorry to hear that CB. How awful.

“No User serviceable”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 18, 2014
 
Knock off purse seller wrote:
Sorry to hear that CB. How awful.
Yeah. I've gotta few real reasons to hate illegals.
Itsaproblem

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 18, 2014
 
Speak English wrote:
There should be a law passed that mandates ALL service industry employees in The U.S. should clearly speak, write and comprehend the English language in order to work in this country.
I agree with this statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Feb '11) 1 hr Icnoptnthis 24,635
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr KarlVIIIII 12,291
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr DNF 2,655
COMFORT DENTAL ....How Many of you feel Ripped ... (Apr '08) 5 hr Injured 4 Life 73
Americans by 2 to 1 Would Pay More to Curb Clim... 16 hr Jammercolo 1
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 18 hr Jammercolo 1,238
crossdressing (May '08) Thu gptemplin60 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••