Judge Rejects `Extreme Makeover' Lawsuit

Full story: KUSA Denver 52
A judge has dismissed a case against ABC Television filed by five orphaned siblings who claim the network broke a contract to provide them a permanent home after their appearance on "Extreme Makeover: Home ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ICY

Montrose, CO

#43 Jul 19, 2007
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK wench. This was your response to my own in which I pointed out your skewed position. And you say I am not sticking to the subject matter?! Can't play both sides,hag, then point at the other party about sticking to the subject matter.
What happened to you? You're so mixed up it's possible you got stuck in the dryer when you were five and your head is still spinning.
Be good Icy Hot. Take some Vitamin B and learn to look at the whole picture before developing an opinion.
Oh, did the little woman anger the big, scary man? You're funny.
Denver Dan

Roseville, CA

#44 Jul 19, 2007
ICY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, did the little woman anger the big, scary man? You're funny.
Just what is your position to what took place there. I would be curious if you could respond in a thoughtful manner outside of smartass comments. Mine is I think there were two sides to that story and that those kids may have caused enough trouble for the host family to truly want them gone.
Let me know if you can squeeze out an intelligent thought.-And no, pop-mouthed wenches don't scare me.
ICY

Montrose, CO

#45 Jul 20, 2007
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is your position to what took place there. I would be curious if you could respond in a thoughtful manner outside of smartass comments. Mine is I think there were two sides to that story and that those kids may have caused enough trouble for the host family to truly want them gone.
Let me know if you can squeeze out an intelligent thought.-And no, pop-mouthed wenches don't scare me.
My thoughts....ABC did nothing but try to help some people. Someone else stepped in and took it over. I think those kids are some worthless punks who don't know any better than to whine about what they didn't get. It's like a bum asking you for a quarter, you give him a dollar, and he gets mad because you didn't give him two. It makes hard-working Americans like myself angry.

If you call me a wench again, you will see just how pop-mouthed I can be.(actually you probably wouldn't because it would be taken off the post)
Denver Dan

Roseville, CA

#46 Jul 20, 2007
ICY wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts....ABC did nothing but try to help some people. Someone else stepped in and took it over. I think those kids are some worthless punks who don't know any better than to whine about what they didn't get. It's like a bum asking you for a quarter, you give him a dollar, and he gets mad because you didn't give him two. It makes hard-working Americans like myself angry.
If you call me a wench again, you will see just how pop-mouthed I can be.(actually you probably wouldn't because it would be taken off the post)
ICY HOT,

I can understand this thought from you and I fully agree. It is well thought out and makes sense.

Now, understand in your first post you said 'I agree with Kaos and Joe...AHH, sweet greed, idiots'-'Kaos' said he did not understand what ABC did wrong while 'Joe' had a conflicting point saying the Leometis needed to be sued. Now you say these kids were punks and needed to be kicked out. And you started the whole 'momma' smack down and showed no point in your arguement other than to be a smartass. I don't think you know what goddamn direction you are heading at any one point in time. Maybe it depends on what cereal you ate in the morning.-No...you're not a wench. You're a mixed up bag of estrogen who cannot decide what to eat for dinner, what party to vote for, what God to believe or how to style your hair. Change your name from 'ICY' to 'SCRAMBLED EGGS' for all of us to understand you.
ICY

Montrose, CO

#47 Jul 20, 2007
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
ICY HOT,
I can understand this thought from you and I fully agree. It is well thought out and makes sense.
Now, understand in your first post you said 'I agree with Kaos and Joe...AHH, sweet greed, idiots'-'Kaos' said he did not understand what ABC did wrong while 'Joe' had a conflicting point saying the Leometis needed to be sued. Now you say these kids were punks and needed to be kicked out. And you started the whole 'momma' smack down and showed no point in your arguement other than to be a smartass. I don't think you know what goddamn direction you are heading at any one point in time. Maybe it depends on what cereal you ate in the morning.-No...you're not a wench. You're a mixed up bag of estrogen who cannot decide what to eat for dinner, what party to vote for, what God to believe or how to style your hair. Change your name from 'ICY' to 'SCRAMBLED EGGS' for all of us to understand you.
You were doing so well with not putting me down until the very end there. I may be a bag of estrogen sometimes (this week especially), but I have to decide on dinner, because I have a kid to feed, I style my hair mostly the same every day, my party affiliation is always, always ultra conservative, and I know absolutley without question which God to believe in. Oh yeah, and by the way, I have an amazing sense of humor. Which clearly you do not.
My deepest and most sincere apologies for upsetting you....it will most likely happen again.

“Who likes shots & has 2 thumbs”

Level 1

Since: Jul 07

BOULDER

#48 Jul 20, 2007
River wrote:
<quoted text>
It was their house to begin with, they are entitled to a peaceful house for their immediate family, regardless of the bastard kids they took in who were acting like spoiled brats. I don't blame the family for booting out these poor spoiled ignoramuses. Good riddance, punks, go mooch off of extended family members now.
How do you know they were bad kids? Sounded like the kids said the adults belitteled them untill they had thier mansion to themselves... There are always two side to every story but I would believe orphaned boys for grown adults that should have handeled the situation before this.

Since: Mar 07

Traveled the world.

#49 Jul 23, 2007
ICY wrote:
My deepest and most sincere apologies for upsetting you....it will most likely happen again.
:)

I've seen you on a few other topix... and I think that last line could apply to anyone!
ICY

Montrose, CO

#50 Jul 24, 2007
KitzyKitt wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I've seen you on a few other topix... and I think that last line could apply to anyone!
It's good to know I get through to people. te he he...my plan is WORKING (rubbing hands together with evil laugh)
ghostsouls

Oklahoma City, OK

#51 Jul 24, 2011
I will play the devils advocate here. People took in the kids, seized upon an opportunity to get a free house, then started treating the kids bad so they would leave and have the house to themselves... it is not out of the realm of possibilities. ABC if they were there to help the children and not the home owners, should have made some sort of provisions for the children. Allow them to have an interest in the house. I would say 50% for the two that took them in and 50% spread out among the kids. So, in reality, if a situation like this were to occur the kids could get something out of it and move on with. After all, if not for those kids the home owners would not have a brand new mansion. But beyond that, I think this show needs to be looking into itself. Why do they continually keep building homes, that end up being foreclosed upon. It is just not one or two... but a multitude. They need to only build homes that the home owner can afford. Not the unreasonable magnificent homes that should only be occupied by someone making $500k a year. And for those of you who say they build the home for the Leomitis' then why didn't they build them a home B BEFORE they kids moved in? It was BECAUSE they moved in they got the home. They directly benefited from the tragedy of those kids... Nice christian people they are. Take out a mortgage, buy them another house, give it to them free and clear, and be done with it. It doesn't have to be a mansion like the one you got, but big enough for them. That would be the christian thing to do.
Stephanie

Wailuku, HI

#52 Jan 25, 2013
River wrote:
<quoted text>
It was their house to begin with, they are entitled to a peaceful house for their immediate family, regardless of the bastard kids they took in who were acting like spoiled brats. I don't blame the family for booting out these poor spoiled ignoramuses. Good riddance, punks, go mooch off of extended family members now.
If you actually knew what went on in that house you would understand what the Higgins kids went through. The Leomitis are heartless people who only care about money. They planned to kick the Higgins kids out from the start. So one by one they kicked them out. It's a sad story. For those children to lose their parents so suddenly and then have those liars treat them so poorly...its unbelievable! But I am happy to hear that the Leomitis lost the case and they were ordered to pay the Higgins kids for their pain and suffering. Also for all that money they stole from them that was supposed to be for them from all the donations they received from real people who truly cared about them. I'm glad that karma bit the Leomitis in the ass! Thank God! The Higgins kids are happy now with families of their own. I'm so happy for them. They all have successful careers as well =) It goes to show you that when other people think that you are doing the wrong thing God will come back and prove them all wrong.
Stephanie

Wailuku, HI

#53 Jan 25, 2013
ghostsouls wrote:
I will play the devils advocate here. People took in the kids, seized upon an opportunity to get a free house, then started treating the kids bad so they would leave and have the house to themselves... it is not out of the realm of possibilities. ABC if they were there to help the children and not the home owners, should have made some sort of provisions for the children. Allow them to have an interest in the house. I would say 50% for the two that took them in and 50% spread out among the kids. So, in reality, if a situation like this were to occur the kids could get something out of it and move on with. After all, if not for those kids the home owners would not have a brand new mansion. But beyond that, I think this show needs to be looking into itself. Why do they continually keep building homes, that end up being foreclosed upon. It is just not one or two... but a multitude. They need to only build homes that the home owner can afford. Not the unreasonable magnificent homes that should only be occupied by someone making $500k a year. And for those of you who say they build the home for the Leomitis' then why didn't they build them a home B BEFORE they kids moved in? It was BECAUSE they moved in they got the home. They directly benefited from the tragedy of those kids... Nice christian people they are. Take out a mortgage, buy them another house, give it to them free and clear, and be done with it. It doesn't have to be a mansion like the one you got, but big enough for them. That would be the christian thing to do.
You're so right. The Leomitis' are terrible people. They used those kids to get what they wanted and then kicked them out. There is no excuse for such evil.
lol

Chardon, OH

#54 Feb 18, 2013
Screw all of this! I think the money should be used to renovate abandoned properties and then used for the homeless vets to reside. No one that served our country with their life should be treated so poorly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rocky Mountain Upset? Polling shows once-popula... 3 hr harmonious 73
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Terra Firma 3,473
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 6 hr KarlVIIIII 12,608
COMFORT DENTAL ....How Many of you feel Ripped ... (Apr '08) Mon Tooth Fairy 86
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Mon jayaraj 306
Investigation underway after one found dead (Jul '07) Sun Gomez 25
Review: Weekly Home Buyers List, Inc. Sep 26 scott grawler 1

Denver Jobs

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]