Judge Rejects `Extreme Makeover' Lawsuit

Judge Rejects `Extreme Makeover' Lawsuit

There are 51 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 18, 2007, titled Judge Rejects `Extreme Makeover' Lawsuit. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

A judge has dismissed a case against ABC Television filed by five orphaned siblings who claim the network broke a contract to provide them a permanent home after their appearance on "Extreme Makeover: Home ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

what

Broomfield, CO

#23 Jul 18, 2007
ABC provided a house. what happens after they leave the scene is out of their hands. Let the two families figure it out. If the kids choose to leave, for whatever reasons, that is their choice at this point and has nothing to do with ABC. What happens when one of the kids goes to college, are they going to ask ABC to come build them another new house because ABC was supposed to provide them a permanent house? NO. This is not ABC's issue anymore.
ICY

Denver, CO

#24 Jul 18, 2007
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atta boy. Good comeback. Again you assume. I have facts. It was your momma I kicked out of my house this morning...no assumptions, I've got full pictures of the ugly hag being shoved out.
Careful everyone....we've got a necropheliac on our hands!!!
uh huh

Lake Mary, FL

#25 Jul 18, 2007
Shame on you ABC. I think ABC should instead be focusing on helping undocumented workers, by buidling them all brand new houses.
stopthemadness

Aurora, CO

#26 Jul 18, 2007
uh huh wrote:
Shame on you ABC. I think ABC should instead be focusing on helping undocumented workers, by buidling them all brand new houses.
ARE YOU F*&^%NG KIDDING ME!
WHY DONT YOU GET OFF YOUR LAZY LIBERAL ASS AND BUILD THEM HOUSES. HOW MANY OF THOSE COCKROACHES LIVE WITH YOU? BLEEDING HEARD B^ST^RDS!
Lucky Charms

United States

#27 Jul 18, 2007
crazy wrote:
maybe the leomitis should be kicked out of the house
Why? It was their house to begin with...
stopthemadness

Aurora, CO

#28 Jul 18, 2007
Iggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am dismayed that you would feel like not helping others for fear of being sued. I have learned hard lessons regarding helping others, yet I do not regret lending a hand. I have never been sued, but I have been ripped off. Now I am more cautious with whom I choose to help, but still help whenever I can. I lent my 2nd car to a single mom of 3 for more than a year, I hardly hear from her anymore, but I am still glad I did it. She needed it until she could buy another.
iGGY - what goes around comes around - yours will be returned 10 fold.- What a blessing. And one can only hope that your act of kindness and compassion will someday give her the ability to help someone else selflessly like you did.
Iggy

Broomfield, CO

#29 Jul 18, 2007
stopthemadness wrote:
<quoted text>
ARE YOU F*&^%NG KIDDING ME!
WHY DONT YOU GET OFF YOUR LAZY LIBERAL ASS AND BUILD THEM HOUSES. HOW MANY OF THOSE COCKROACHES LIVE WITH YOU? BLEEDING HEARD B^ST^RDS!
If you read his other posts on other topics, you would know that he is being sarcastic.

“Who likes shots & has 2 thumbs”

Level 1

Since: Jul 07

BOULDER

#30 Jul 18, 2007
This is hard one, the wrong people were helped in the end but they helped when no one else did....
Iggy

Broomfield, CO

#31 Jul 18, 2007
stopthemadness wrote:
<quoted text>
iGGY - what goes around comes around - yours will be returned 10 fold.- What a blessing. And one can only hope that your act of kindness and compassion will someday give her the ability to help someone else selflessly like you did.
Thank you very much. Pay it forward!:)
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#32 Jul 18, 2007
ICY wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful everyone....we've got a necropheliac on our hands!!!
That was your wife??!!!-I thought it was your momma! Old, fat and crinkly.I'm sorry to hear your momma died...but I'm feeling even worse for you to be married to the fat, wobbly bag I kicked out of my house this morning.
Like I care

Pasadena, CA

#33 Jul 18, 2007
I wouldn't want to be in that house with a bunch of kids those ages whose parents just died... YIKES!

“Loud Pipes For All!”

Since: Mar 07

Voorhees, NJ

#34 Jul 18, 2007
It's the Leomiti's house to begin with, the 4 brats they took in need to move on.

“Loud Pipes For All!”

Since: Mar 07

Voorhees, NJ

#35 Jul 18, 2007
crazy wrote:
maybe the leomitis should be kicked out of the house
It was their house to begin with, they are entitled to a peaceful house for their immediate family, regardless of the bastard kids they took in who were acting like spoiled brats. I don't blame the family for booting out these poor spoiled ignoramuses. Good riddance, punks, go mooch off of extended family members now.
Common Sense

Brighton, CO

#36 Jul 18, 2007
Hey folks, ABC has the deep pockets and as everyone knows lawyers smell deep pockets a mile away. This is a sad situation! ABC should have put these kids in excellent schools and rented a house this would have been cheaper and the kids would gotten a good education to take care of themselves. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him to fish and he will eat the rest of his life. The only people who will make money on this is the lawyers!
ICY

Denver, CO

#37 Jul 19, 2007
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was your wife??!!!-I thought it was your momma! Old, fat and crinkly.I'm sorry to hear your momma died...but I'm feeling even worse for you to be married to the fat, wobbly bag I kicked out of my house this morning.
LOL!!

I suppose I could carry on the charade of you thinking I'm a man....
I'll bet you're a cutie pie, aren't you?
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#38 Jul 19, 2007
ICY wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
I suppose I could carry on the charade of you thinking I'm a man....
I'll bet you're a cutie pie, aren't you?
Man..woman..whatever. What I do know is you are an assuming a$$ in your first comment. Your past relatives were probably the ones who fought to make sure the public saw the world as flat and not round. What a dumbass. Get one side of the story and place an opinion solely on that. How long was it before you found out 'Gilligan's Island' was fiction?
ICY

Denver, CO

#40 Jul 19, 2007
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Man..woman..whatever. What I do know is you are an assuming a$$ in your first comment. Your past relatives were probably the ones who fought to make sure the public saw the world as flat and not round. What a dumbass. Get one side of the story and place an opinion solely on that. How long was it before you found out 'Gilligan's Island' was fiction?
Are you seriously telling ME to stick to the subject? RIIIIIGHT.....have a nice day, f**.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#41 Jul 19, 2007
ICY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I didn't know we were talking about your mother....my bad!
OK wench. This was your response to my own in which I pointed out your skewed position. And you say I am not sticking to the subject matter?! Can't play both sides,hag, then point at the other party about sticking to the subject matter.
What happened to you? You're so mixed up it's possible you got stuck in the dryer when you were five and your head is still spinning.
Be good Icy Hot. Take some Vitamin B and learn to look at the whole picture before developing an opinion.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#42 Jul 19, 2007
John Huffman3568 wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful Dan, you haven't been posting for a while so I'm sure a lot of people will be looking for some fresh blood from you. haha. Too busy for us lately?
I've been busy and really don't have time for this. Too bad you didn't live closer. Some of us are planning to hit the Sacramento River this weekend and get a little waterskiing in - you're always welcome.
ICY

Denver, CO

#43 Jul 19, 2007
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK wench. This was your response to my own in which I pointed out your skewed position. And you say I am not sticking to the subject matter?! Can't play both sides,hag, then point at the other party about sticking to the subject matter.
What happened to you? You're so mixed up it's possible you got stuck in the dryer when you were five and your head is still spinning.
Be good Icy Hot. Take some Vitamin B and learn to look at the whole picture before developing an opinion.
Oh, did the little woman anger the big, scary man? You're funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min EdmondWA 44,237
Why is story of NY lawyer who assaulted a woman... 2 hr Respect71 62
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 6 hr Respect71 26,822
Mayor Dave Mayer makes History raising Highest ... 13 hr Recall Mayor Davi... 1
weed molly Addyis xannies bars, Morphis, ... Mon drippinggranny69 2
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Sun ryan 702
News 9NEWS - Top News Article - FBI questions ex-wif... (Aug '07) Sun CareyDobbin 276

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages