Judge Rejects `Extreme Makeover' Lawsuit

Full story: KUSA Denver

A judge has dismissed a case against ABC Television filed by five orphaned siblings who claim the network broke a contract to provide them a permanent home after their appearance on "Extreme Makeover: Home ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of52
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kaos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

I dont understand what ABC did wrong?
Joe

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

The Leomitis are the ones who need sued. The siblings should have what is theirs, not the Leomitis's. Sounds like the siblings were taken advantage of.

Since: Mar 07

Traveled the world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Kaos wrote:
I dont understand what ABC did wrong?
I don't think they did anything wrong. I think they were trying to help out these kids. The kids are between 14 and 21 years of age! Would they be able to maintain one mansion in their name? A family took them in and now they are acting spoiled.
ICY

Brighton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

I agree with Kaos and Joe.

AHH, sweet greed. Idiots.
SparksMom

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Judged:

The Leomitis's house was demolished and a new one built in it's place. The title would be in their name since they would've owned the original house and property. Why would those brats have entitlement to that house? No one needs to be sued.
the key word for today's kids is entitlement.
SparksMom

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

The contract that a person has to sign for Extreme Makeover is extensive. You can go to the website and take a look.
Mark

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

some are over 18? why not get a job like the rest of us and support themselves ! They evidently have a car to get there.
disgusted

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

only in america can someone sue somebody else for getting something for free.These people felt sorry for these 4 kids and took them in.In return the show gave them a bigger house.They never asked to have a bigger house.If they have stayed in the smaller house and left these kids on their own they wouldnt have these problems.Just goes to show you beware of strangers bearing gifts.And shows me not to do anything good for anyone because they will sue you for your kindness.
Kaos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Mark wrote:
some are over 18? why not get a job like the rest of us and support themselves ! They evidently have a car to get there.
Sounds like greed to me
Denver Dan

Folsom, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Joe wrote:
The Leomitis are the ones who need sued. The siblings should have what is theirs, not the Leomitis's. Sounds like the siblings were taken advantage of.
You don't know what took place. These kids might have turned out to be real problematic for the Leomitis. You might even find out if you asked the Leomitis if they could turn back time, keep their old house and forget these kids they might have opted for that.
Denver Dan

Folsom, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

ICY wrote:
I agree with Kaos and Joe.
AHH, sweet greed. Idiots.
Yeah. And you're an assuming idiot. You must be the descendant of the fool that thought the world was flat, he assumed also.
Just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Ok I feel sorry for you bring you into my house. Then someone comes along offer to build a new house for free after it is all over and done with you decided that you do not want to live in that house! You want your own so you take the people who tried to help you out to court! The judge was right on this one! They were probably insulted when he ask the boys to pick up their room or take out the trash!
stopthemadness

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

The parents of these children are probably turning in their graves. I saw this episode and it was so gut wrenching that it was almost impossible to watch the entire show.
These children may have been treated badly by the family owning the home. I dont know if they were or they were not.
The house was to HELP them - ALL.
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!
WHAT A SHAME!
ICY

Brighton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. And you're an assuming idiot. You must be the descendant of the fool that thought the world was flat, he assumed also.
I'm sorry, I didn't know we were talking about your mother....my bad!
Lets get real

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Joe wrote:
GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! If you watched the show (which you obviously don't) you would know that they did not build the house for the 5 kids. The built it for the Leomitis family as a gift for the good deed of taking them in. Looking a gift horse in the mouth? Ahhhhh YEAH! After the way they have acted, they don't deserve anything they were given let alone a new house. They are adults now, grow up and support yourself!! They are the only ones in this situation that is trying to take advantage of people.
Denver Dan

Folsom, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

ICY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I didn't know we were talking about your mother....my bad!
Atta boy. Good comeback. Again you assume. I have facts. It was your momma I kicked out of my house this morning...no assumptions, I've got full pictures of the ugly hag being shoved out.
Wardog

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Let me think? Sounds like the old feeling for eons of time. Can you say GREED!!!
Iggy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

disgusted wrote:
only in america can someone sue somebody else for getting something for free.These people felt sorry for these 4 kids and took them in.In return the show gave them a bigger house.They never asked to have a bigger house.If they have stayed in the smaller house and left these kids on their own they wouldnt have these problems.Just goes to show you beware of strangers bearing gifts.And shows me not to do anything good for anyone because they will sue you for your kindness.
I am dismayed that you would feel like not helping others for fear of being sued. I have learned hard lessons regarding helping others, yet I do not regret lending a hand. I have never been sued, but I have been ripped off. Now I am more cautious with whom I choose to help, but still help whenever I can. I lent my 2nd car to a single mom of 3 for more than a year, I hardly hear from her anymore, but I am still glad I did it. She needed it until she could buy another.
Alecia

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

Wow...only in America.
crazy

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

maybe the leomitis should be kicked out of the house

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of52
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min Terra Firma 2,508
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 38 min Brian_G 12,217
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 2 hr Denver co 1
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) 3 hr Bikramprasad100 705
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 5 hr Kawalski 1,232
Who likes opiates? 8 hr Hook 3
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Dartplayer 285
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••