Father of missing CU grad returns aft...

Father of missing CU grad returns after search in Nepal

There are 190 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Jun 27, 2010, titled Father of missing CU grad returns after search in Nepal. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Aubrey Sacco started hiking in Nepal on April 20th and more than two months later the CU graduate is still no where to be found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
B Gurung

Oakland, CA

#1 Jun 27, 2010
She might have wondered off of path. It happened a lot when someone is walking in jungle. You can’t really ask anybody because local people can’t speak English. I even spotted trekkers who have been lost for several days. I was a trekking guide for 7 years. Now I am in California and have been here for while and I am from Nepal.
phillyboy

Parker, CO

#2 Jun 27, 2010
Just another example why I don't have a passport. Leave the US at your own risk and carry a gun in America.
Tony Montana

Denver, CO

#3 Jun 28, 2010
I wonder if her father has tried searching for her in that dirty septic hole also known as Miami? I am sure all kinds of $, h, it would turn up in that place.
Uhh

Aurora, CO

#4 Jun 28, 2010
phillyboy wrote:
Just another example why I don't have a passport. Leave the US at your own risk and carry a gun in America.
You need to get out more Nepal is beautiful. Also it is not a place for an American to travel alone. I am sure this hippie girl had the best intentions in the world to travel and see things, but bieng naive and a false belief in security will make you end up on the side of a milk bottle like this poor girl. I hope she turns up ok.
Nanners

Denver, CO

#5 Jun 28, 2010
You have to go back and keep looking. Don't give up. Good luck. One step at a time.
yoohoo33

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jun 28, 2010
This is really sad. I pray for this young lady's safety and for her family, who must be really frustrated at the lack of leads.
I do have to suggest to the author of this article to have someone else proofread your work, if you are as afraid of commas as it appears. Far too many run-on sentences in this article, and it distracts from the message.
I hope Audrey is found soon, and brought safely back home.
sanobahini

Essex Junction, VT

#7 Jun 28, 2010
phillyboy wrote:
Far more crime in American than in a country like Nepal, Phillyboy. You ought to get out and explore the world beyond Philly a bit more yourself. Perhaps you would have more compassion and not this narrow minded idea that America is the center of the world and everyone else is mean and scary.

As for Aubrey, I doubt she was kidnapped. It must be hard for the family to accept the idea that she may not be alive, and coming up with ideas which have no basis in fact may give them comfort. Having been to Nepal many times, I would say that they need to continue the ground search to ensure every area in Langtang ~(a very large area) has been covered. And they need to consider the possibility she was a victim of a crime. To blame the locals for not talking is wrong. They have come out of a many year Maoist war, and both Maoists and police are known to be fairly brutal in their tactics. Police in Nepal often use torture tactics in interrogations to get false confessions (like beating people in the soles of their feet, as a former Nepali police officer friend described to me). Its understandable villagers would not want to talk. I can only imagine the unbearable pain this family is going through and they deserve our prayers and positive energies in their search for their beloved daughter.
Kat Houston

Houston, TX

#8 Jun 28, 2010
I am so sorry for this family's tragedy, but I hope that this does not prevent other people from traveling to Nepal. I am a 25 year old girl and have just recently traveled to Nepal alone. I felt much safer there than many other countries I have visited. Most of the locals I met were very welcoming an nice.
Uhh

Aurora, CO

#9 Jun 28, 2010
Too bad she is a beautiful girl. The ugly side of this could be human trafficking. Which IF THE CASE such beauty lost to the darkness of humanity. I hope she is just lost with good people. I will pray for her safe return.
JustMe

United States

#10 Jun 28, 2010
I'm sorry she's missing and I do hope they find her... alive and well, but it's stupid to travel alone.
Alia

Kuwait, Kuwait

#11 Jun 28, 2010
i hope u find her :(
Melissa

Rolling Meadows, IL

#12 Jun 28, 2010
I can think of nothing more heart breaking then having your child disappear and not knowing what happened or if they are alive or dead. I hope they get some answers soon.
sarah

San Diego, CA

#13 Jun 28, 2010
phillyboy wrote:
Well some of us Americans are not afraid to leave our house like you. I lived in Nepal for 3 months and there is far worse crime in the US than there is there. Try living near the Mexican border.
Nadine Henri

Nepal

#14 Jun 28, 2010
As a mother of 3 growing up girls I feel terrible for the Sacco Family and wish both the parents strength in their grief and anxiety about their lovely daughter Aubrey. I come to Nepal regularly since over 5 years now. As a travel writer I am curious about cultural differences and Nepal offers a wide range of different people and believes.
I have been in Langtang twice before because these people are quite a different clan of Tibetan stock. Deeply religious and very friendly. I can not imagine that they have to do something with Aubrey's disappearance. They are not really talkative when they are investigated for what ever reason. The suspicion is on both sides of the coin. While they are having their own distinguished language that is not spoken anywhere else in Nepal except with some pockets of Tamang and Sherpa communities that have intermarried with them, the "outsiders" (Nepali speaking authorities) have often accused these peoplein the border region with Tibet that they are smugglers and "spies" etc. No wonder that the desperate father of Aubrey thinks, that they have something to hide. What they are hiding from us is their dignity that is getting into unwanted focus.
Better search the areas where people really get lost. That is the dense jungle area between Langtang and the Kathmandu valley on the southern side of the mountain.

My 2 cents

Hope this will be helpful to you!

Kind regards

Nadine
What is it

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2010
Traveled all over the world alone. I have done this too but I never disappeared. Somebody knows something.
cocoman

Sherburne, NY

#16 Jun 29, 2010
i really don"t see why people can"t hike in this country. just like the three in iran. if you cross into another state here big deal. i just don"t get it.
Dee Hart

Natick, MA

#17 Jun 29, 2010
I went through the same exact thing in Nepal over 20 years ago. Horrible. State Dept and local authorities are all you can count on and they are pretty much going through the motions as usual. Ugh.
Santosh

Hardegsen, Germany

#19 Jul 5, 2010
I can confirm
Nelson

Hamburg, Germany

#25 Aug 2, 2010
Dear Rasdennis,

I know Ingo Schnabel from Landshut/Bavaria 1973/74. He was in my Scoutgroup. Also i know his Sheppard Dog Nelson. Therefore my Web-Name "Nelson"
Ingo was escaped 1974 from Landshut, after Misuse of young Boys.
Santosh

Schwbisch Gmnd, Germany

#27 Aug 7, 2010
Dear Rasdennis,

like Nelson from Germany I want to connect you. The Nepalis started to fight for the security of their children and it will be very helpful to know more about the child abusing through Schnabel.
By the way it's not possible to adopt kids in Nepal since very long time because there is a stop by government. What happens now with this both children (I think this are twins?)... not goods!

Santosh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 min Wondering 56,065
News PHOTOS: Historic 150-ton Kirkland Museum moves ... 20 hr Culture Artist 2
Denver Health Medical Center, place of horrors (Jul '13) Thu Tilly 39
Male on Female Facesitting topix? (Nov '16) Thu Wrestler facesitter 17
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) Wed tbird19482 29,998
Men wearing panties and bra and sex with women (Jul '16) Wed Joe 21
broncos hoof the cowboys Sep 18 BlueandOrangeCrush 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages