Employment with Rite Of Passage, Inc ...

Employment with Rite Of Passage, Inc (ROP)

Posted in the Denver Forum

Big Brother

Westminster, MD

#1 Jan 29, 2011
Need feedback on Rite Of Passage, Inc (ROP) by anyone who has worked at ROP Ridgeview Academy. I'm concerned about a female family member who is considering employment with this correctional company. Some quick research uncovered incidents of a "peeping tom" male staff member at a ROP California jail, riots at ROP prison schools in Arizona and California, and numerous incidents of sketchy staff behavior at several locations. After 2005, I was unable to find any insightful state monitoring reports that reviewed ROP's Colorado operation. I'm not interested in Rite Of Passage, Inc.'s written propaganda and Fortune 500-like public relations materials, but rather straight talk from those who have worked on the front-line for this private, For Profit, jail operator. Also, is this the same corporation that went by the name RITE of PASSAGE Athletic Training Camps in the late 80's and early 90's where a youth died in a harsh desert program that was covered in some detail by several California newspapers? Thank you in advance for any helpful insight. Does anyone know the turnover rate and pay scale increases for years of successful employment?
Happy Staff

Long Beach, CA

#2 Feb 6, 2014
It's a tough job but a great place to work. As a female employee there are many practices designed in the tech manual that ensure safety probably more so than any other job someone could have.
Protected

Hagerstown, MD

#3 Jul 16, 2014
Rite of Passage is a GREAT place to work and the employees are offered even more protection now. By providing bi-annual PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) training and Department of Justice audits at EVERY facility between now and 2016, they are really trying to protect both residents & staff. Every correctional facility or treatment facility is vulnerable to indecent situations due to the population, and the statistics can be alarming, however DOJ is working diligently to ensure the safest environments possible.
Student athlete

Commerce City, CO

#4 May 30, 2016
Protected wrote:
Rite of Passage is a GREAT place to work and the employees are offered even more protection now. By providing bi-annual PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) training and Department of Justice audits at EVERY facility between now and 2016, they are really trying to protect both residents & staff. Every correctional facility or treatment facility is vulnerable to indecent situations due to the population, and the statistics can be alarming, however DOJ is working diligently to ensure the safest environments possible.
As a former student athlete I have to say I owe a lot to the staff members at rop they gave me the nessasary tools I needed to be a competent member of society and always encouraged me to achieve my hopes and dreams, they gave me the proper tools to stay sober and improve not only my physical but my mental health. I can say that rop is the only reason why I was able to graduate as I was expelled due to my own stupidity, it can be wearing on staff to see potential in students and see them get pulled into influences and make irresponsible mistakes, they can only help you so much and a lot of the burden lies on the students shoulders, I can't speak for all sites but Watkins County has a very diverse but goal focused staff that only wants the best for their student athletes and will put them selves in the line of fire before they let anything dangerous or malicious happen to a student, coaches , teachers, management alike they are top quality people and deserve to be commended for their work! Thank you for your dedication and investment of time in my life and turning my perspective around, it might not have happened right away but the consistency of care defiantly made a difference in my life and many others who were able to see the value for themselves!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicole Dubois Savage 3 hr Say What 7
Need help with homework, college social question 3 hr Melquiades Estrada 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr TomInElPaso 40,519
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 13 hr Trevet 25,324
To Kathy Sabine 19 hr Duhlai 4
last post wins! (Feb '11) Thu Sharlene45 26,257
Denver County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Wed Caleb 2

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages