Romney and the future of Medicaid

Romney and the future of Medicaid

Posted in the Denver Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1 Sep 6, 2012
Who wants to tell me what Willard intends to do with Medicaid?

I'll check back after the President is formally nominated tonight in hopes of having some informative detailed responses because this is a big issue and we should discuss it.

I think everyone could agree.

karlVII
Level 6

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#2 Sep 7, 2012
If Willard a big IF gets elected, anyone who has parents or grandparents on social security and medicare/medicaid better build a mother-in law suite and purchase another health insurance policy for them because in 4 short years they will have NOTHING.

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#3 Sep 7, 2012
Tho that may be true, I would like to see someone provide real details on the Willard plan for (specifically) the Medicaid program.

Someone, other than myself of course.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Tho that may be true, I would like to see someone provide real details on the Willard plan for (specifically) the Medicaid program.
Someone, other than myself of course.
That can't be let out of the bag as it would cause his loss in November.

It was a medicare voucher system. where an 85 year old mother will get a voucher to go to a for profit insurance company be handed many plans for here to chose from. Grandmom can't keep her med's straight I'm sure she will have no problem reading the lawyer produced insurance plans and fully understanding them so as to make the best pick she can.
Voucher should only be a few grand short of the cost.
Lowglow

Sikeston, MO

#5 Sep 7, 2012
I don't think he has any plans as of yet, but if things continue as they are, medicare will be broke anyways and more and more Doctors are starting to refuse Medicade

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#6 Sep 7, 2012
Lowglow wrote:
I don't think he has any plans as of yet, but if things continue as they are, medicare will be broke anyways and more and more Doctors are starting to refuse Medicade
According to what I've read about Willard's plan on Medicare he is proposing no changes in anyone's Medicare over the age of 55. But by rolling back medicare funding, the system will crash in 2016, which is six years before his reform kicks in.

But!

I diodn't ask about Medicare, I asked about Medicaid.

One-third of children and over half (59%) of low-income children are insured through Medicaid or SCHIP. The insurance provides them with access to preventive and primary services which are utilized at a much higher rate than for the uninsured, but still below the utilization of privately insured patients. As of February 2011, a record 90% of children have coverage.

I'll ask again ...

What is Willard Romney's plan on Medicaid?
Swamp Fox

Savannah, GA

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Willard Romney's Plan for the destruction of Medicaid is the Same as Paul Ryan's Plan to Abolish it.

Paul Ryan's Plan is the Same as the Republican Tea Party's Plan to kill it.

The Tea Party's Plan is the Same as the Libertarian party's Plan to Abolish it.

The Libertarian Party's Plan to Abolish Medicaid is the Same as the Billionaire Koch Brothers's plan to get rid of Medicaid.

The Koch Brother's Plan to Abolish Medicaid is the Same as the John Birch Society's Plan to kill it.

These disparate Republican Groups intend to Defund the Medicaid Program and never appropriate Any more money for it. All you have to do is find out what One group wants to do specifically, and you know what they all want to do.

The John Birch Society Hates Medicaid because it is a OMG, GASP, "Socialist Program."
The John Birch Society calls all Socialist programs, "Creeping Communism." The Koch Brothers' Father, Fred Koch was a founding Board Member of the John Birch Society.

So get ready to shove Grandma off the cliff, there is a very good chance that these people are going to win.

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Jun 12

And the American Way

#9 Sep 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what I've read about Willard's plan on Medicare he is proposing no changes in anyone's Medicare over the age of 55. But by rolling back medicare funding, the system will crash in 2016, which is six years before his reform kicks in.
But!
I diodn't ask about Medicare, I asked about Medicaid.
One-third of children and over half (59%) of low-income children are insured through Medicaid or SCHIP. The insurance provides them with access to preventive and primary services which are utilized at a much higher rate than for the uninsured, but still below the utilization of privately insured patients. As of February 2011, a record 90% of children have coverage.
I'll ask again ...
What is Willard Romney's plan on Medicaid?
And Ill ask Again..Did you look for a job today ?
Swamp Fox

Savannah, GA

#10 Sep 7, 2012
If you don't know anything about the sinister Atheist Author, and so-called Philosopher, Ayn Rand, you don't have a clue about what is going on here.
These GOPer's ain't your Grandpa's Republicans, they don't care about Anyone but themselves. That is your very first lesson, get it through your head that they absolutely don't care about anyone other than themselves.
They will Defund Medicaid, Medicaid will stop paying the Nursing Homes, YOU will get a call from the nursing home telling you to come get Grandma or pay the bill yourself. The Nursing Home will tell you that they can NOT and will NOT take care of Grandma for free.
If you think the New Republicans give a rat's hind end about what happens to Grandma, you are badly and sadly mistaken.
They Don't Care! Period! End of story!
What about this or that situation? TOO Bad, they Don't Care.
Swamp Fox

Savannah, GA

#11 Sep 7, 2012
When you stay on the question with the Republicans, they will say, "Let the Churches take care of the Poor."
If you say, "The Churches don't have enough money", they will say something to the effect that Churches can find the money if they need to.
That ain't gonna happen.
Swamp Fox

Savannah, GA

#12 Sep 7, 2012
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2012/03/25/pau...

Paul Ryan, Romney and GOP: Phase Out Social Security and Medicare
www.veterans news now .com

Click on the Link

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Jun 12

And the American Way

#13 Sep 7, 2012
Swamp Fox wrote:
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com /2012/03/25/paul-ryan-romney-a nd-gop-phase-out-social-securi ty-and-medicare/
Paul Ryan, Romney and GOP: Phase Out Social Security and Medicare
www.veterans news now .com
Click on the Link
Thats not possible..Obama already ruined Social security for those whom contributed all their lives..The non working non contributors have it made because of obama..Romney and Ryans plan is the only one that will save it and not steal from the working people.

Vote the cronies out of the white house.. Vote for Americans prosperity..Vote for a real businessman..Not an MTV personality..
Swamp Fox

Savannah, GA

#14 Sep 7, 2012
Americans For Prosperity is a Republican Tea Party Group that is Bankrolled by the Billionaire Koch Brothers.

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Jun 12

And the American Way

#15 Sep 7, 2012
So what ?

At least they didn't try to bomb the pentagon.

What do the dems have against prosperity anyway ?

You would get more if you could work to your own potential instead of sit around and wait for someone to give you pennies for doing nothing.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#16 Sep 8, 2012
Swamp Fox wrote:
If you don't know anything about the sinister Atheist Author, and so-called Philosopher, Ayn Rand, you don't have a clue about what is going on here.
These GOPer's ain't your Grandpa's Republicans, they don't care about Anyone but themselves. That is your very first lesson, get it through your head that they absolutely don't care about anyone other than themselves.
They will Defund Medicaid, Medicaid will stop paying the Nursing Homes, YOU will get a call from the nursing home telling you to come get Grandma or pay the bill yourself. The Nursing Home will tell you that they can NOT and will NOT take care of Grandma for free.
If you think the New Republicans give a rat's hind end about what happens to Grandma, you are badly and sadly mistaken.
They Don't Care! Period! End of story!
What about this or that situation? TOO Bad, they Don't Care.
The republican will pray for Grandma to die in peace.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#17 Sep 8, 2012
Righty Mouse wrote:
So what ?
At least they didn't try to bomb the pentagon.
What do the dems have against prosperity anyway ?
You would get more if you could work to your own potential instead of sit around and wait for someone to give you pennies for doing nothing.
Nothing,All the Dem's want is a level playing field. Walmart got over 11 billion in free money from local,state and the federal government.What tax breaks did the little shops around Walmart get? none!!!They got the shaft where the sun don't shine is what they got.

The Republican National Convention was themed "We Built This! Held in a stadium built in 1996 as the 'Ice Palace' with 62% government funds by politicians who care more about billionaire owners than they do about you.

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Jun 12

And the American Way

#18 Sep 8, 2012
More deflection from the Left..So whats obamas plan for reimburse medicare with the money he took from it to pay the non working SS suckers ?

How will he repay the 319 billion he stole from the working people ?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#20 Sep 8, 2012
If Medicaid isn't reformed it will go broke. If you care about the health care of our elderly, vote for Romney.

Or, we can continue spending taxpayer money and borrowing far more. Your choice.

“Its Eaiser to fool people than”

Since: Sep 11

convince them they are a fool

#21 Sep 8, 2012
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a non-working SS sucker....Damn you are DUMB!
Nope..Dam you are dumb..Im disabled Pal..huge difference..I paid in to the system I am getting paid out of..The same one obumbler stole 319 billion from to pay food stamps and welfare to his base of non working non contributors...
Swamp Fox

Savannah, GA

#22 Sep 8, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Nope..Dam you are dumb..Im disabled Pal..huge difference..I paid in to the system I am getting paid out of..The same one obumbler stole 319 billion from to pay food stamps and welfare to his base of non working non contributors...
Well, hang on to your wheelchair, Paul Ryan and Romney are going to snatch it out from under you. According to Paul Ryan's Heroine,
Ayn Rand, YOU are a Parasite and a Moocher.

They Will put HUGE Hikes on Medicare Payments by Seniors and the Disabled every year, and you will NOT get a Cost of Living Increase in Social Security for the 4 years that they are in office.
Mark my words!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 49,251
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr tbird19482 28,356
Nicole DuBois Savage 11 hr Jamie Dundee 10
casual sex in denver (Apr '15) Mon bigpoppi 23
Male on Female Facesitting topix? (Nov '16) May 21 JGJ92 12
Roosters May 19 zooalogy 1
Tar in Denver May 18 Haaalllpppp 4

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages