17-year-old girl shot in drive-by

17-year-old girl shot in drive-by

There are 64 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 5, 2007, titled 17-year-old girl shot in drive-by. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" Police say a teen was shot in a drive-by shooting on the afternoon of Fourth of July.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

Pat

Wheat Ridge, CO

#48 Jul 5, 2007
white boy wrote:
kill the wet backs!!
Ignorance is bliss!
Anita

San Jose, CA

#49 Jul 5, 2007
Well Pat,

It was a white guy, you were right. Probably drug related then, Meth. Plenty of whites on Meth around here.

I apologize. I would have put money on Hispanic in that part of town just by the population ratio.

Can't say it was gang related then. There aren't white gangs here, only Hispanic.
Pat

Wheat Ridge, CO

#50 Jul 5, 2007
Anita wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat,
Since you have no clue as to who lives in Northern Fort Collins on Cherry street, you should keep your opinions to yourself. That part of town is mostly Mexican. And if you ever read the news, you would know that drive by shootings are not usually conducted by whites or asians, at least in this part of the state.
You are the ignorant one here. If you don't know what you are talking about, don't prove it by posting idiotic comments.
Clue to you, the guilty was not hispanic!! Thanks!!
Curious

Fort Collins, CO

#51 Jul 5, 2007
Dagoth wrote:
Gang members are nothing more than domestic terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly.
I agree. I was lucky to get out in time after a few dead people lay before me. I joined the Marines and used my mind and body to change the way I saw things in life. I think if they are legal citizens they should be given the option to join the armed services and if they refuse then they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and serve any time given without any good time like other criminals. There are some young dumb people out there that need to be shaken up. I believe not all can be saved but we could get some benefit out of them.
Curious

Fort Collins, CO

#53 Jul 5, 2007
white boy wrote:
kill the wet backs!!
Put your cape on and go down and try. Quit with your little cowardly postings behind your little pc. You know where they are, stop talking and start walking. You can't even live up to your own expections and you want us to believe that you mean what you post. PLEASE BOY! Be man and treat yourself with respect.
Jose Jimenez

Denver, CO

#54 Jul 5, 2007
Cherry Street has it's own gang, named after the street, and yes, it's a Hispanic gang. They put stickers across the back windows of their maroon Chevys advertising it. If a white dude wants to join our gang, no problem - he just has to pay for all the bean burritos my homies can eat. And we're usually really hungry after we do a drive-by.
PEACEUP ATOWN DOWN

Denver, CO

#55 Jul 5, 2007
YoloY wrote:
<quoted text>
What a well thought out and intelligent response. How long did it take you to come up with that one? Put your helmet back on before you hurt yourself.
THAT WAS FUNNY!LOL I ALMOST LAUGHED OUT LOUD @ WORK.

Since: Mar 07

THORNTON,COLO

#56 Jul 5, 2007
SLAP WHITIE wrote:
<quoted text>TO BAD THEY DONT KNOW WERE YOU LIVE.
GOOD ONE!!!
sad

Denver, CO

#57 Jul 5, 2007
Did anybody ever think to comment on how the girl who got shot was doing. I don't care what anybody doese nobody derseves to be shot for any reason. I hope that the girl is doing okay and that you people start looking at the issues and not having a pissing contest back and forth about race.

Since: Mar 07

THORNTON,COLO

#58 Jul 5, 2007
Uilligan wrote:
Listen people!! Guy arrested in this is WHITE, William Baker. Arrested this morning.
as you can tell, no one is responding huh? they are stuck on immigrant issues reguardless of the race of the shooter. interesting.
Iggy

Broomfield, CO

#60 Jul 5, 2007
I hope that girl is ok. As for the ranting & raving and racist remarks? I say

QUIT FEEDING THE IMMIGRATION TROLLS!!

compassion people this is what is needed compassion.

To the girls family, I hope she gets better soon and my thoughts are with you.
wayne

Littleton, CO

#62 Jul 5, 2007
If we americans dont take up arms to defend our selfs, we will be all speaking spanish, for our system is broke and our goverment is not willing or able to fix it. Civil War is coming and only those who are ready will survive.
matt

Helena, MT

#63 Jul 5, 2007
Hey Wayne, you're right! It's too bad all the people who were in the crowd at the driveby didn't have weapons...that way all of them could have just opened up and started blasting away. Imagine that mess!! And thanks to all the racists out there, just when I was starting to feel a little better about this country after July 4th you all come right on out of the woodwork and pull me down. I'm ashamed to call you fellow citizens.
Thomas

Riverton, WY

#64 Jul 5, 2007
Felix Barbosa wrote:
Things are really going downhill in that city. look out Wyoming, you're next
oh please!
Thomas

Riverton, WY

#65 Jul 5, 2007
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Fort Collins... a "bad gang problem"? What the hell? I've never heard of gangs in Fort Collins until now. If this is "bad", then what's Denver? Or better yet, what's East St Louis and LA and all the real gang cities?
east st louis?? LOL!
Tired of it Fort Collins

Rifle, CO

#66 Jul 5, 2007
Yes, The shooting was "gang" related and were hispantic want-a-be "kids" who are going to grow up to be "real" criminals. Where were their parents you might ask....There, with them, condoning their dumb gang related behavior, because it is cool and some how it became "their culture" to act like this! We are just enabling a life long cycle of criminals. Their grand-parents came here to live the dream, then their parents were like F$%@ the dream I am going to get welfare, not work and have as many kids as I can for more money. And generation after generation are doing the same thing. It is going down hill and fast. Then they told their cousins, sisters, brothers, friends, uncles sister about this place called America, that is kind of like Disney Land with free admission, Come here do what you like and nothing will happen to you. I went to Sears Grand between Fort Collins and Denver, I couldn't read the signs because they were all in Spanish. Sorry but I don't think I should have to learn Spanish because I am in America. PS, I had to call the police over the weekend because "Mexican Nationals" (is that politically correct) were working in the neigbhorhood and when it got dark instead of going home to their trailer with 15 other of them they decided to sit out in front of my house and drink until midnight....I wonder what number of DUI they were on....You know they can change their name from one thing to another because we have NO way of knowing who they because well we don't track them because the jumped the fence.....How do you like that!
Understand Your Feelings

Boulder, CO

#67 Jul 5, 2007
Tired of it Fort Collins wrote:
Yes, The shooting was "gang" related and were hispantic want-a-be "kids" who are going to grow up to be "real" criminals. Where were their parents you might ask....There, with them, condoning their dumb gang related behavior, because it is cool and some how it became "their culture" to act like this! We are just enabling a life long cycle of criminals. Their grand-parents came here to live the dream, then their parents were like F$%@ the dream I am going to get welfare, not work and have as many kids as I can for more money. And generation after generation are doing the same thing. It is going down hill and fast. Then they told their cousins, sisters, brothers, friends, uncles sister about this place called America, that is kind of like Disney Land with free admission, Come here do what you like and nothing will happen to you. I went to Sears Grand between Fort Collins and Denver, I couldn't read the signs because they were all in Spanish. Sorry but I don't think I should have to learn Spanish because I am in America. PS, I had to call the police over the weekend because "Mexican Nationals" (is that politically correct) were working in the neigbhorhood and when it got dark instead of going home to their trailer with 15 other of them they decided to sit out in front of my house and drink until midnight....I wonder what number of DUI they were on....You know they can change their name from one thing to another because we have NO way of knowing who they because well we don't track them because the jumped the fence.....How do you like that!
Well put,
I have both Native American and Hispanic in my background. My Family history is a very long one in this country. I can trace my roots to Europe, and some I can't because the American Indian did not write their history. My ancescotors have fought in most of the wars. We can trace back to the Civil War.
My frustration is with the lack of respect that some of the people that come from South of the Border, have for this country. Some not all think that they are still back in Mexico or where ever they are from. This is the United States of America!!! Learn English, learn our ways!!! We did not ask you to come here, and we did not force you overhere, but if you are here, learn our way of life. Teach your children the American ways of life. Work hard. Nothing in this world is free. Because a bad guest wears out their welcome fast. America is a Great Nation, please respect that. Just like you would like to be respected. We like to be respected as well.
Also, we are not in Mexico, Canada, England, Puerto Rico, Cuba or any other country. Wave OUR flag. The United States of America. The American Flag, The Stars and Stripes. You may be proud of where you came from, but you should be more proud to be here in this country. There are alot of good men and women currently fighting for this country. They wear an American Flag on their uniform. So please repect our Flag as well.
Matt

Helena, MT

#69 Jul 5, 2007
For all of you who say to immigrants "Learn English" and "Sorry but I don't think I should have to learn Spanish because I am in America" I just want to remind you that the U.S.A has NO OFFICIAL LANGUAGE. Sure, many of us speak English, but nothing says that is what you HAVE to speak while you are here. How about we be slightly more narrow minded and close off the idea of expanding our knowledge base by perhaps learning another language. Heck, we have many people on this board who are simply INTOLERANT to even being around another language, let alone learning it themselves. To posters such as "Tired of it Fort Collins" I ask you one question. Where were your parents when you began to be intolerable of people who were different than yourself or your family or maybe your friends. Were they with you, condoning your racist and close minded thoughts?

Sixty years ago today Larry Doby broke the American League color barrier in professional baseball. Sixty years ago. Many thanks on the forum to those who have brought us back to the way things were pre-1947.
sowhat

Denver, CO

#70 Jul 6, 2007
omg, people that girl was not illegal, just to let u know ok, she was born in the USA and all of her friends were too, so you CANT deport her!!!
Curious

Denver, CO

#71 Jul 6, 2007
Josh wrote:
The best Mexican is a dead Mexican, illegal or not.
Have you done your part? Coward! This posting is nothing more than a demonstration and proof that you think disgracefully just like a law breaking illegal. Join them moron. You are more alike than you think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 33 min Left of centre 40,373
last post wins! (Feb '11) 59 min Concerned_American 26,253
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 8 hr Respect71 25,304
To Kathy Sabine 8 hr Emery Jones 1
Nicole Dubois Savage 21 hr UIAC 5
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Sun Parilin 208
Looking for a nodsquad friend Sat Tracie 6

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages