17-year-old girl shot in drive-by

17-year-old girl shot in drive-by

There are 64 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 5, 2007, titled 17-year-old girl shot in drive-by. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" Police say a teen was shot in a drive-by shooting on the afternoon of Fourth of July.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

Nick

Englewood, CO

#23 Jul 5, 2007
Police Officer wrote:
Sorry Pat, but Ft. Collins, Loveland, and Longmont does have a bad gang problem and it is not between the crips and the bloods, its Hispanic, and a bad one at that. It was a mexican drive-by.
Fort Collins... a "bad gang problem"? What the hell? I've never heard of gangs in Fort Collins until now. If this is "bad", then what's Denver? Or better yet, what's East St Louis and LA and all the real gang cities?
Anon

Fort Collins, CO

#24 Jul 5, 2007
Does it bother any of you that not ONE of you has said anything useful here? Can we all grow up now and stop pointing fingers? USELESS.
Uilligan

Loveland, CO

#25 Jul 5, 2007
Too bad guys, the shooter was a white guy. And yes I know.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#27 Jul 5, 2007
Gang members are nothing more than domestic terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly.
Hispanic Chico

Denver, CO

#30 Jul 5, 2007
Look people lets not jump on it must be a Mexican shooter theory. The article said it was a Sedan with no mention of maker, if it stated it was a Chevy then we could assume it was Mexican but without that info. we still don't know who did the shooting yet.
Teresa - Denver

Ridgway, IL

#31 Jul 5, 2007
Two years ago, some of us convinced the Ft Collins City Council a couple of years back NOT to make their city a "sanctuary city" for illegals. I spoke about a few murdered Americans, killed at the hands of Latino thugs, who could not testify at that meeting precisely they were DEAD at the hands of illegals. I hope local cops' "gang task force" activities now arrest and deport them TODAY.
you got to be kidding me

Aurora, CO

#32 Jul 5, 2007
I spent two weeks in Greeley, I saw an uncomfortable amount of "Gang members"
Most Hispanic, these angry youth have no positive role models to look up to, so they emulate what they see from "thug life" kind of sad actually. You would think we could evolve as a society, but the lower class dictates differently.
Even if we did get the Illegal popualtion to legitimize, too many of these corrupt individuals are already embedded into our society.
Get use to it, there will be only more and more of this happening.
It's our own fault.
Uilligan

Loveland, CO

#33 Jul 5, 2007
Listen people!! Guy arrested in this is WHITE, William Baker. Arrested this morning.
lopez

Tarrytown, NY

#34 Jul 5, 2007
Lynn wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention of hispanic or illegal. People who assume usually are idiots!
Dont you just hate that it just makes their comments look stupid when its not a hispanic or illegal.
Amazed

Denver, CO

#35 Jul 5, 2007
Bill Richardson, Gov. of NM is Hispanic. Last names don't show one's ethnic background. Belonging to or trying to be a gang wannabe is childish. They have nothing better to do than intimidate, kill, do drive bys, etc. If the US ever declared certain drugs legal there might be less gang activity - regardless of "color" or lack thereof.
YoloY

Englewood, CO

#36 Jul 5, 2007
Uilligan

Loveland, CO

#37 Jul 5, 2007
Thanks for that fine example Amazed, but I have met the guy. He is white.
FOR THE RECORD

Roseland, NJ

#39 Jul 5, 2007
LATEST UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU RACISTS:
WILLIAM LEE BAKER doesn't sound like an illegal immigrant to me. Take you prejudice elsewhere..
" Fort Collins police arrest suspect in drive-by shooting. William Lee Baker, 24, of Fort Collins was arrested at 5:45 a.m. after police stopped his vehicle, which matched the description of the vehicle used in the shoot-ing, said Sgt. Paul Wood"
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...
Pat

Denver, CO

#40 Jul 5, 2007
Like I said it doesn't matter what color you are!!
lopez

Tarrytown, NY

#41 Jul 5, 2007
FOR THE RECORD wrote:
LATEST UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU RACISTS:
WILLIAM LEE BAKER doesn't sound like an illegal immigrant to me. Take you prejudice elsewhere..
" Fort Collins police arrest suspect in drive-by shooting. William Lee Baker, 24, of Fort Collins was arrested at 5:45 a.m. after police stopped his vehicle, which matched the description of the vehicle used in the shoot-ing, said Sgt. Paul Wood"
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...
Thanks for the record
I agree
Pat

Denver, CO

#42 Jul 5, 2007
Johnny Rotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at Pat, who lives in her sheltered little bubble called Parker and shes trying to tell us about the gang problems. I'm sure things are really bad there, I heard jaywalkers and litterbugs were running rampant
Her?? Well shows how educated you are, I'm a man, but thanks anyway. And I have lived in some pretty rough areas throughout my life and have seen the damage gangs can do. Do not be jealous because I have worked hard to better myself and have a good life and live in a nice place.
white boy

Longmont, CO

#44 Jul 5, 2007
kill the wet backs!!
Anita

Milpitas, CA

#45 Jul 5, 2007
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>Who said they were hispanic???? Its going to be nice to see when you ignorant racists fall off of your high horse!!
Pat,
Since you have no clue as to who lives in Northern Fort Collins on Cherry street, you should keep your opinions to yourself. That part of town is mostly Mexican. And if you ever read the news, you would know that drive by shootings are not usually conducted by whites or asians, at least in this part of the state.

You are the ignorant one here. If you don't know what you are talking about, don't prove it by posting idiotic comments.
a bacists responds

Pleasanton, CA

#46 Jul 5, 2007
Hey Lopez don't get down man. Were all just betting the odd's. The odd's say Black first, Hispanic (of Mexican or Puerto Rican decent) second and white trailer trash number three. I know, I know say it ain't so, but the FBI's own stat's set the likely hoods.
YoloY

Englewood, CO

#47 Jul 5, 2007
oops wrote:
<quoted text> I'll bet you have pictures of Oprah in your bathroom, that you look at while you polish your little rocket.
What a well thought out and intelligent response. How long did it take you to come up with that one? Put your helmet back on before you hurt yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 45 min too lazy to log in 25,867
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 2 hr tbird19482 567
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr Obidie 19,323
News Police: Martino allegedly punched wife in face ... (Dec '13) 10 hr Haileen 7
Why I Am Voting for Trump Aug 29 Jamar 84
News Chupacabra spotted near Tecumseh? (Jul '10) Aug 28 Anne M 59
Test (Apr '13) Aug 27 THE GREEK GOD 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages